Motivation of Memories: The S...

By NubianGoddess494

After the death of her grandmother Genevieve Elise Anne Bonsu is finally moving out of her parents home. Grow... More

Welcome (A/N)
New Beginnings
Nice 2 Meet U
Final Straw
What U Deserve
Impulse Decisions
Party at Paisley
Party at Paisley: Part 2
Wake Up
Greatest Showman
Music To My Ears
Its All Accidental
Bad News
Closure
Morning Bliss
Eruption
Full Disclosure
Dinner on Me
Dinner On Me: Part 2
Talking Through The Turbulence
Long Way Home
Comfort
Internal Conflict
Just U & Eye
Safe Distance
Cars & Conversations
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Dancing with the Devil (Roles Reversed)
Later That Night
Just the 2 of Us
Morning Introspectives
A Dark Day
U Should Go
Family Ties
Mind on U
Home Is Where the Heart Is
Home Is Where the Heart Is: Part 2
Resistance
Meet Me in the Middle
In A New Light
Phase One
Temptation
Getting Acquainted
Come Clean
Be-U-Tiful
Preparation
Beach Party with the Band
B Mine (Roles Reversed)
Eye Remember 2
Let Me Make It Up 2 U
Eye've Got an Itch 2 Scratch
Eve've Got an Itch 2 Scratch: Part 2
The French Mistake
Rehearsal Gone Wrong
Interpersonal Exploration (Roles Reversed)
Tonight We're Gonna Party
Tonight We're Gonna Party Part 2
Imposter
The Voices
Meeting Madonna
First Day
Visitation
Rest, Relax, Reveal.
Slipping
We Will See
Expect The Unexpected
Eye Promise
On the Road
On the Road: Part 2
Late Night Arrival
Sound Check
Show Up
Show Up Part 2
Show Up Part 3
Deceit
1 Month 2 Go
Rude Awakening
LA Bound
Hold It
New York New York
New York New York: Part 2
Fear and Sensitivity
4 U
Eye Am Her Keeper
Truth B Told
Dreams and Nightmares
Do My Eyes Decieve Me
Waiting Game
Home Sweet Home
Smoke and Mirrors
Old Friends New Feelings
Deep Sigh
Genny from the Block
Let Me Carry That
Runway
Holidays On The Road
Holidays On The Road: Part 2
Holidays on the Road: Part 3
Christmas at Paisley Park
Unspoken Feelings
Tell Me Something Good
Rest & Realizations
New Year's
New Years: Part 2
Valentine's Day (Roles Reversed)
Valentine's Day: Part 2 (Roles Reversed)
Wake Up Call
Eye'll Tell U
Show Me Who U R
Disappearance
Pleasant Realities
Sweetest Dreams
Night Cap

Eye Know

97 5 0
By NubianGoddess494

Genevieve's POV

He did stay that night. We laid there on the couch for a long while. When we were tired he carried me from the couch to the room. We changed out of our nice clothes and into sweats and tshirts and curled up together in bed. Maybe I was wrong about him. Maybe this could work.

The next day we walk onto set holding hands. He hugs me before we go out separate ways.

"See you out there."

"See you then." I walk to the garage feeling happy after a great night and ready to have a great day.

"So how was the date?" Brenda asks before I can even get through the door.

"It was great. We had dinner and listened to music. We slow danced in my kitchen. It was nice."

"He ask you out?"

"No but, I'm okay to take things slow with him."

"When, were you going to tell us he stayed the night?"

"Honestly, I wasn't. It wasn't anything crazy. We didn't want the night to end so he spent the night. I made us breakfast this morning and he drove us to work." I shrug putting down my bag.

"So no more close encounters?" Apollonia chuckles.

"Honestly, Apples, you've got to let that go."

"Let what go? What happened?" Susan asks.

"She never told you? They almost had sex!"

"You what?!"  She screams.

"I wouldn't go that far. About a week ago I was staying with him and we kissed. We got a little carried away but we stopped before anything happened."

"Is that why you came in wearing a turtleneck earlier this week?" Susan asks.

"Maybe."

"Your collar is sitting pretty high today, Genevieve."

"It's 50° outside! Was I supposed to show up in a tube top?"

"Let me see." Apollonia begs. I unzip my jacket and reveal the series of soft marks on my neck. They're barely visible since my skin is so dark but in the daylight they are completely obvious.

"Oh my god, G! What did y'all do last night? They're all over your neck and collarbone." Brenda smirks crossing her arms. I smile sheepishly knowing half of these I got this morning but I could never tell them that.

"We stayed up drinking wine and talking. Something was bound to happen."

"Just not sex?" She adds.

"Why is it so hard for y'all to believe that we aren't having sex?"

"Because you two are inseparable!" Apollonia chimes in.

"I enjoy his company and he enjoys mine. Now can we get to work please? Albert wants to see this dance, formations and all before lunch."

Prince's POV

I hold her in my arms one last time before I have to get ready. She stands on her toes excitedly as we exchange goodbyes. I watch as she walks around the house to the garage before heading inside. When I open the door all the guys are smiling.

"Looks like the date went well." Andre smiles.

"It was cool. She made an amazing dinner. We listened to music, we talked, we had a great time."

"Y'all seem a little too happy for that to be it." Jerome adds.

"Yea, cousin. Tell us the truth, you hitting that or not?"

"Nah man. It doesn't even have to go that far, I just like being around her and talking to her. We talked about everything music, art, religion, books. She's got all these wild thoughts. She's not like anyone I've ever met before."

"So when's the wedding?" Andre chuckles leading us to hair and makeup.

"Oh would you shut up? I gotta at least make her my girl first."

"And when're you going to do that?" Jerome asks taking his seat.

"When the time is right."

Hours of shooting go by but the time we've been waiting for is coming up. Genevieve and the other girls are gonna show us the new version of Sex Shooter. Those of us who want to watch file into the garage. Albert has already approved the dance with Genevieve but he wanted to see it with everyone together. Genevieve talks to the other girls before taking a seat next to Albert. Her face is stern as he berates her with questions. She answers confidently but I can tell it's a facade. I walk over to her and rub her shoulders her head immediately falls on my chest.

"Nervous, Genny?"

"I have a bad feeling about this."

"I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Mm mm. My intuition is never wrong." Her breath quickens as she watches Albert take a seat in front. I wrap my arms around her waist and put my head on her shoulder.

"Genevieve, it's going to be okay. You've got to relax, mama."

"How can I relax with this pain in my chest?"

"Let's just have a seat. I'm excited to see the choreography you came up with." Holding her hand, we walk over and have a seat beside Albert.

"Alright. Let's see it." The music gets cued up and they begin.

Genevieve's POV

I watch anxiously as they perform. Their lines look great and the formations are working just fine. I look over at Albert and he seems indifferent.

"Cut! Ladies, this doesn't feel real enough. Go put on your costumes and start over." My heart falls into my stomach. Whatever this feeling is about is getting closer. They return after a while in their costumes and take the stage again. "Play the song."

They restart the dance and all is well. Albert seems to be enjoying it now that he can see the complete vision. I look back at the stage and notice the strap on Apollonia's bodysuit separating from the rest of the garment and the side seam bulging. Oh my god. That's it. I stand up from my seat to help but I'm too late. The strap gives out in the same breath that the seam pops. I guard her with my body and she crouches behind me to hide herself.

"You okay?" I whisper.

"Yea, I readjusted a little bit but my boob is still out. Give me your jacket."

"I'm going to turn and face you first. We've both got something to hide." She chuckles softly. "Hold your chest and stand perfectly still. I'm going to turn around hand it to you."

"Okay."

"1, 2, 3." I turn around as fast as I can. I open my jacket and throw it over her chest. I look over my shoulder and everyone is watching. I touch my neck feeling exposed without my jacket. My nerves get the best of me and all I can do is run.

Prince's POV

"Where's she going?" Andre asks walking over to me. I shrug. The other girls walked out the back with Apollonia and into the wardrobe trailer but Genevieve ran in the opposite direction.

"I'm gonna go find her." I walk out the door she left from leading into the backyard. My first instinct is to walk into the house. "Genevieve? It's me. Genny, you in here?" I hear a door unlock and the basement door creaks open.

"Lock it back." I follow her down the stairs and into the basement. It's dark. The only light is coming in from the small windows at the top of the walls.

"Why'd you run away?"

"I didn't want anyone to see my neck."

"Are they getting worse?"

"I don't know. I haven't looked since this morning."

"Let me see." I tilt her chin up to the ceiling and examine her neck and chest. Each purple mark is distinct on her mocha skin. "They're getting pretty dark." She groans through gritted teeth still looking up at me. "I'm sorry, mama. I couldn't help myself but neither could you." I unbutton my high collared shirt and show her the marks on my neck. She shakes her head in disbelief.

""I knew something was gonna happen. I just didn't think it would be this bad."

"It's not that bad. No one saw anything on Apollonia and no one has seen your neck."

"But Apollonia has my jacket and my neck looks like I got in a fight!" She whisper yells then she gasps. "And we locked ourselves down here. Prince, they think we're having sex. I have to leave! I have to..." She tries to walk passed me but I grab her arm. She immediately turns and faces me frustrated tears welling up in her eyes then, looks down at the ground."

"Genevieve, calm down. It's okay. You're a grown woman. Who cares if you've got hickeys and who cares if we're down here alone? The worst that'll happen is people will ask and Albert will yell at us for sneaking off."

"You don't understand."

"You're right, mama. I don't." I pull her closer to me, my arms taking their usual place around her waist. "All I know is last night and this morning we had a lot of fun. There were some side effects", one of my hands leaves the small of her back and gently finds it way on the side of her neck and face, "but it's nothing nobody's never seen before. I used come in covered in all types of marks. They just covered the ones the camera would see. You won't even be on camera. Do you want to go see if one of the makeup artists can help?"

"I still need something to cover me before then. I just... no one can see."

"I'll go get you something in a second but right now I need to know if you're okay." My thumb rubs her cheek gently as she finally looks up at me again and nods. "Can you forgive me, mama?" She looks at me with those golden eyes and I feel the need to close mine. Leaning slowly, I kiss her. They're so soft against mine as we kiss in the dimly lit basement. "I need you to forgive me, baby. " I whisper breathily against her lips.

"I forgive you, Prince but, if you ever do it again, I'll kick you." I chuckle softly pecking her lips afterwards.

"You wouldn't hurt me would you, Genny?" Another gentle kiss.

"I might." She chuckles before giving me a kiss.

"Mmm. I don't think so." I kiss across her cheek and down her neck. She sighs softly turning her head to give me ease of access. I kiss each side of her neck before return to those soft lips, cherishing this last kiss. "I'm gonna go get your jacket from Apollonia. I'll be back."

"Okay." I let her go slowly and my arms grow cold. Everything in me wants to stay but I know if I don't get her something to cover up in she'll kill me.

I walk up the stairs buttoning my shirt and head to the wardrobe trailer. Once inside, I see Apollonia in her regular clothes and two people frantically sewing.

"Hey, you alright?"

"I'm fine. They're almost done putting my clothes back together. Where's G? Did you check on her?"

"Yea. She's alright. She just wanted me to get her jacket." She turns around and takes the jacket off the back of a chair. She smiles at me knowingly as she places it in my hand.

"Albert wants to see her, too."

"I'll..uh... let her know." I walk back to the house and am grabbed by Andre before heading inside. He pulls my arm dragging me to the alleyway. "What do you want, man?"

"What's really going on with y'all?"

"What're you talking about?"

"I heard y'all. I heard everything."

"Stop ear hustling and mind your business."

"Man, everyone knows y'all like each other. I see how y'all smile at each other when y'all think no one's watching. I see how you be holding her and how you watch her when she walks away. I even see how she treats you. This can't be as surface level as you say it is."

"I already admitted I like her out loud, told you that I was done messing with everyone else, and that I plan in making her my girl. What more do you want me to do?"

"To tell her and tell her the whole truth."

"What whole truth, Andre?"

"She ain't just another girl you like, Prince. You love her." I roll my eyes and brush off his words.

"You can't be serious. A few kisses, some hickeys, and some hugs don't mean I love her."

"Not sleeping or eating for three days because she wouldn't talk to you might."

"I was worried about her!"

"Prince, I know you're still working through that shit with Mayte but, be real. I've never seen you like this with anyone else. You don't need to pretend you don't wanna be with her." He shakes my arm forcing me to look at him.

"At least think about what I'm telling you. You can't lie to everyone forever, especially not her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 911 50
After the deaths of her best friends, Olivia didn't know how to move forward. She didn't know how she was supposed to live life without two of the mo...
11K 526 37
Failing lungs led them to not being able to touch, hug, nor kiss. Through a window, they live their lives until they get a call about new lungs. Unti...
23.3K 743 18
Renée Allen grew up listening to stories of how Royals came to be, and the difference between them and Regulars. She knew those tales like the back o...
150 16 19
They had it all yet they had nothing Megan Kingston and her sister sage's lives are turned around by just a tiny little change, and have to part way...