Too Late To Say Goodbye (Dab...

By serraabae

‼️I do not own any of the MHA characters just the OC's and the plot‼️ ‼️AU‼️no quirks ‼️I do not own any of... More

Prolouge
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

17

331 12 99
By serraabae

"Anything I wanna know?", I positioned myself to face him on the hood of his car. "Ask away", he began to light a cigarette.

"First question", I hopped off and stood in front of him. I grabbed the cigarette, "When did this bad habit start?", I stomped it out on the ground.

"When my alcohol addiction did", he grinned, I laughed through my nose, "Funny", I said flatly.

"Now, there's 4 Todoroki's, correct?", I crossed my arms over my chest, "Correct". "You, being the oldest, Natsuo, Fuyumi and Shoto", I said aloud to myself.

"Then there's your mother, Rei, and...Enji, your father", I said the last part quietly. "Another thing", I faced him, "Why are you so open all of a sudden?", my eyes narrowed.

"You know everything, I don't have anything to hide from you, and I'd rather you hear the truth from me than whatever bullshit Shiggy said", he looked to the side.

"So Natsuo, what's his deal?", he sighed, "He was never interested in the family business, ran off to Europe with some chick when mom died".

"Fuyumi?", his eyes fell to the ground and he let out a deep sigh.

"Ah Fuyumi", he rubbed his face, "She was always the weakest link, easiest to manipulate, and he took advantage of that- brainwashed her into believing he was this great person", he laughed.

"I don't know how he did it but...she stayed by his side, even after I faked my death", he began to light another cigarette. "Wow", I muttered under my breath, "She just wanted everyone to be together...one big happy family".

"But the Todoroki family is anything but happy", he said, his eyes ahead of him. "You're only 2 years older than me, how come you never trained with Shoto and I? Why did I never see you?", I stepped closer to him, his head fell.

"I looked a lot different back then, and he never let me train with anyone outside the family, because he was trying to hide the world from what he was doing to me", he paused, "I was covered in bandages from since I can remember", he whispered the last part.

"My mother hated it...it eventually drove her mad", I watched him closely, regret and pain in those deep blue eyes as he remembered his youth.

"He pushed her so far...she snapped and...killed herself", his tone quiet and low. "Sure she put a bullet in her head, but he might as well have been pulling the damn trigger, he drove her that far...pushed her off the edge".

"The gun with her name on it...was it-", "Yeah", he stopped my words.

He stood up and inched closer to the edge of the cliff. He sat down at the edge, I sat beside him.

"Are we too young for this?", I whispered, my eyes on the stary sky. "I feel like I'm just...watching my youth slip away", his words cut through the silence.

"In some strange far away universe, do you ever think you can have a relationship with Shoto again?", I looked to him, there was a long silence before he said anything.

"Maybe in another life but...it's too late for that now", his eyes watched the view below him. "It's never too late", he glanced at me.

"Don't do that Rain", he said softly, "Do what? He misses you Touya-", "Don't call me that", he snapped, "I have a plan, and nothing is going to get in my way".

"What plan?", he stayed quiet, not saying another word. "What plan Dabi?!", I raised my voice.

"Drop it Rain", he said flatly, "What's the fucking plan?!", I shoved him. "I'm going to kill my father, or die trying", my eyes went wide. "The fuck is wrong with you?", I shot up. "What?", "Get up", I snapped.

"I SAID GET UP!!", I pulled him up. "You said-...you said, till the end- we're you planning to kill yourself in the process? Thinking I wouldn't notice? What the fuck is wrong with you!", I shoved him. "It's the only way to break him", he said softly, not fighting back.

"Don't even with that fucking bullshit!! You're supposed to stay-with me-...us it's- us against the world", I let out a shaky breath. "This was always my plan", he looked to the side, I slapped him across the face, then gabbed his jaw.

"If you think I'm letting you die, you are sadly mistaken", I said, my eyes fixated on his.

"You can say you want to protect me all you want, but when I say that, I mean it", I paused, "I wont let you say goodbye, not now, now ever", "Got it?". "There's some things not even you can save me from Rain", he held the sides of my face.

"Watch me", I said, my eyes glued to his. "I can't ask you to do this with me", he furrowed his brows, "Nothing you say, nothing...could change this right now- here...us- whatever the fuck it is- I'm here and I'm not letting you go-...that's a promise".

"You're pretty damn stubborn, you know that?", he said with a small smile, "So I've been told".

He pulled me into a tight embrace, "Let's go home", he whispered into my neck, I smiled and nodded.

"Promise me one thing", he stopped in his tracks and faced me. "You wont hurt Shoto", his face fell slowly. "If he gets in my way, I won't hesitate to kill him", I inched closer to him, "He misses you, you know", I laughed softly, "He talks to you on your birthday every year, tells you what's happening in his life", I paused and looked into his eyes, "Every January 18th".

His face dropped slowly as all my words hit him at once.

"He loves you so much, don't use that against him, please", he shut his eyes softly. "If you wont do it for him, do it for me-I lost my sister- and the chance to save her, but you still have time to make things right", his eyes opened slowly, "If it means that much to you, fine", he avoided my eyes. "Thank you", I whispered, placing a kiss on his forehead.

Dabi's POV:

I watched her as she undressed and changed into one of my t shirts. "You're so beautiful", I said quietly, she glanced at me, then joined me in bed.

My hand gently combed through her blonde hair, "I'm exhausted", she said under her breath. "Get some rest", I kissed the top of her head.

When I realized she had fallen asleep, I grabbed my notebook and started to write. Specifically, write about her.

Rain's POV:

I woke up earlier than expected, Dabi was fast asleep beside me. I noticed his notebook in his hand, it was open. I grabbed it quietly and started to read what he just had written.

The ashes fall slowly
As your voice calms me
Chaos in our mins
Hurt in our eyes
We hold each other tightly as the world caves in on us

I started to smile and flipped to the next page.

She was an angel
And angel with blood on her hands
The path she walked burned a fire of chaos
Loving her was eternal bliss
She cried tears of gold, like lemonade
She spoke words with truth
In the end
She was no angel
Only a demon in a white dress

There was another passage further down on the page.

A demon with damaged wings
Loving him was suicide
His eyes glistened with tears of honesty
They turned dark at night, glowing with passion
He spoke words of a fantasy
A fantasy where he fell in love with an angel
But in the end, she was also a demon
A demon in a white dress

My lips parted and I shut my eyes, a single teardrop fell form my eye onto the page, slightly smearing the black ink. I covered my mouth with my hand.

This was our story. And he told it perfectly.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and tuned back to face him. His messy black hair hung over his face. Small snores escaped his lips, the staples on his skin shined as the morning sun filled the room.

"I love you", I whispered, I kissed the top of his head and left the room.

I shut the door quietly and leaned back on it, "Hey, Rain, good morning", Shoto smiled as he left his room. "Hey", I smiled as he caught me off guard. "You okay? Have you been crying?", he stepped closer. "Happy tears", I smiled and looked up at him. He grinned, "I'm glad".

"Coffee?", he asked, I sat on the counter, "Please", I yawned. I glanced out the window and my eyes widened from what I saw.

"GET DOWN!!", I hopped off the counter and shoved Shoto down just before gunshots started firing in the kitchen.

"Go get Dabi and all the weapons- I'll hold them off", I said to him, he nodded quickly. I looked around me, looking for anything I can use as a weapon.

My eyes caught the knives, I grabbed two of them, careful not to make a sound.

I peeked around the counter, the gunshots stopped. My eyes roamed the area outside the window, two black SUV's in the driveway.

I tip toed to the living room, getting a clear view of the front door. "Rain? You in there? Let's have a chat, catch up", I heard a familiar voice say from behind the door. "Hawks", I whispered to myself.

"It's open", I said in a high pitched tone, the door flew open, I saw 5 men rush in, along with Hawks.

"Well, well, well", I stepped into their line of vision. "What do we have here?", I sighed, "Miss me?", he smirked. "You have no idea", my eyes grew wide.

"Now, before I kill all of you, it would be nice to know who you're working for", I stepped closer, unbothered. He laughed, "Kill us? 6 against one? Yeah, no".

I laughed and looked to the side, "Underestimating your opponent, big mistake", I cracked my neck. "So, let's be friendly, who you working for Hawks?".

He chuckled and shook his head. "I don't feel like sharing that information", he shrugged his shoulders.

"Fine, have it your way", I cracked my knuckles. "Rain!", Shoto shouted as him and Dabi stopped between Hawks and I. "You guys load the car, I've got this", I said, my eyes burning into Hawks'.

Dabi's POV:

I know that look. People are about to die.

I started to grin, "What?- Are you crazy!? There's 6 of them!", I held Shoto back, "Watch", I side eyed him.

Rain's POV:

"Alright who wants to die first?", I clapped my hands together. "Go", Hawks instructed the other men. "Pissing me off before I've even had my coffee, you're just asking for it", I said as the men approached me slowly, guns pointed at me.

I rushed to the man on the right, his gun started to fire at me but I dogged it. I kicked his head and grabbed his arm with the gun.

I fired it at the other man rushing to me, causing him to drop dead.

In one swift motion, the other 3 men rushed to me at once. I grabbed the guy's gun from his hand and fired it at them.

When I was out of bullets, one of the men threw a knife into my leg. My gaze slowly lifted to him, "That hurt", I snapped, pulling the knife out and throwing it into his skull.

The last one kept his distance. "Don't be shy", I tilted my head to the side, he fired his gun in fear, but I ducked just in time.

I kicked his legs, causing him to drop to the floor. "Please- don't!!", he begged, I grabbed him by his collar. I stood in front of Hawks and snapped his neck.

Hawks' eyes grew wide with fear. "Rain, let's just have a little chat- yeah", he said nervously. "See, that's what I wanted to do, but you just had to send your men after me, kind of a pussy move", he stepped back but the door behind him stopped him.

"So you can either tell me who you're working for, or I kill you- up to you", I grinned widely.

"Ever- heard of Ren?", he said through breaths. "That bitch who shot me?", I narrowed my eyes, he nodded quickly.

"Who is she?", my hand gripped his throat, "I cant tell you- but she...she wants to-talk", he said as I constricted his airway.

"Why don't you give her a message", I leaned into his neck, "If the bitch wants to talk, she can talk to me herself", my grip on his throat released and he fell to the ground.

"Pass that on for me, will you?", I stared down at him as he caught his breath.

Dabi's POV:

"Holy shit", I heard Shoto mutter under his breath, "Told ya", I side eyed him. "She's...", "Really hot", I said, watching her kick the shit out of Hawks.

So this is love...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 313 11
-as a student who transferred into university in the middle of the year for classified reasons, y/n struggles to fit the expectations that are set...
1.1K 36 17
ᴛʀᴜꜱᴛ™ 𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘩, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘺. 𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬? An infamous villain by the name of Dabi meets a bartender who he feels almost drawn...
6.3K 117 43
This story is going to be an X reader with Todoroki. (Working on it now) This will follow the anime/manga. I will be using the subbed anime to follow...
706 58 15
Dabi×Reader Or the story of two broken souls, scared with the wounds from their demons, playing a dangerous game of love and trust. - You are back fr...