Our Days at Twenty-five: BOOK...

By ParkBaekkie

|ONGOING| Book 4: This story focuses on Chanyeol and Baekhyun's married life starting around the age of 25. *... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
TRAILER
CHARACTERS PROFILE
Update Schedule
Introduction
PROLOGUE
[ 0 ] CHANBAEK Day Special
[ 1 ] Bedroom Chaos
[ 2 ] No Sex Policy
[ 3 ] Sweet Day
[ 4 ] A Weekend
[ 5 ] Special Gift
[ 6 ] Lovers' Spat
[ 7 ] A Dinner
[ 8 ] Have Fun
[ 9 ] Family
[ 10 ] Together
[ 11 ] LDR
[ 12 ] His Tattoos
[ 13 ] Pillow Talk
[ 14 ] Aquarium Date
[ 15 ] Household of Three
[ 16 ] Christmas Special 1/4
[ 17 ] Christmas Special 2/4
[ 18 ] Christmas Special 3/4
[ 19 ] Christmas Special 4/4
[ 20 ] New Year Special
[ 21 ] Of Truths and Lies
[ 22 ] 3000th
[ 23 ] Jealous Husband
[ 24 ] Lost Ring
[ 25 ] Babysitters
[ 26 ] Finding Vivi
[ 27 ] Rest Day
[ 28 ] A Deal
[ 29 ] Birthday Presents
[ 30 ] Jealous Husband 2.0
[ 31 ] The Wild Q&A
[ 32 ] Stay Up
[ 33 ] Common Ground
[ 34 ] Closure and Closer
[ 36 ] Show and Tell
[ 37 ] Better Half
[ 38 ] Afternoon Fun
[ 39 ] Job
[ 40 ] Kyungsoo's Holiday

[ 35 ] Monday

2.6K 161 405
By ParkBaekkie

*

The tourist bus halting outside the Park mansion at 6 am is accompanied by Vivi's high-pitched barks early in the morning. After the enjoyable weekend at the beach, Baekhyun, Luhan, and Kyungsoo are now back home from the dog lovers' trip. When they get inside the house, all three of them slump on the couch and sigh, dropping their bags and luggage on the floor. Vivi excitedly jumps out from Kyungsoo's embrace and wags his tail extra fast.

"We're home!"

"Finally, I'm smelling the pine tree scent of our living room..."

"Woof, woof!"

"Are they still sleeping?"

Vivi announces that he has arrived by barking gleefully at the sight of his Dad wearing cute pajamas, rubbing his droopy eyes, and yawning upon going down the stairs. Sehun pauses, squatting and snuggling his puppy against his chest. Vivi licks Sehun's face happily.

"Vivi, I missed you..."

"Woof, woof!"

"How about me?"

As Sehun lifts his head, Luhan, who's standing in front of him, smirking and raising his left eyebrow, greets his just-woke-up self. Sehun shakes his head, laughs, and frees Vivi.

"Of course, you too."

And then he pulls Luhan into a bear-hug, squeezing him tight inside his arms, while also crawling his hand behind his giggling boyfriend, specifically down to Luhan's right ass cheek, groping it gently.

Luhan slaps that naughty hand.

"You sneaky pervert!"

"What, pfft, what did I do?"

"You miss that ass, babe?"

Sehun leans away and acts cute, cupping Luhan's face and pressing a kiss on his lips.

"...mm, yeah."

"Tch, come here!"

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun who are lazing on the couch just stare at each other, shrugging, as they witness the scene of this sappy couple being lovey-dovey and practically emitting heart emojis in the air. When Sehun acknowledges their presence, he makes space so that Kyungsoo and Baekhyun can hug him as well.

"By the way, is Jongin already back?" Kyungsoo asks, shifting into Mom-mode before he carries the bags to the countertop. He must put the seafood they bought in the fridge. Also, he should prepare breakfast for all since the gang's complete now. "He texted me he was leaving his sister's home at dawn."

"I think I heard his car pulling up an hour ago. He's probably sleeping in your room," Sehun answers. Kyungsoo replies a faint, I see, as he wears his apron and makes them some coffee.

Cuddling with Luhan on the couch, Sehun notices Baekhyun still lying casually beside them as Baekhyun pets Vivi's head.

"What is it?" Baekhyun asks, looking back at Sehun.

"I'm just wondering why you're still here and not running upstairs to unite with your husband?" Sehun asks.

"Yeah, I mean. You couldn't stop talking about Chanyeol ever since we rode the bus," Luhan adds, clinging to Sehun's right and not letting go as if he's making up for the days they were separated, "You said you were gonna kiss him twenty times as soon as you saw him, right?"

"Oh," Baekhyun chuckles lightly. He grabs a throw pillow and hugs it. "Chanyeol sunbae's still sleeping right now. I don't wanna disturb him if I sneak into our room so I'll just wait here instead until he wakes up..."

"Nah, that's not romantic at all," Kyungsoo butts into the conversation while he cooks from the kitchen. He waves the spatula in the air as he talks, "You should announce your presence by lying on the bed next to Chanyeol while he's still sleeping. So when he wakes up, your face is the first thing that he'll see."

Baekhyun blinks.

Oh. That's nice, too.

"Or? You could say good morning to Chanyeol by crawling under the sheets and placing yourself in between his legs," Luhan suggests, smiling meaningfully, "Then wake your husband up with a morning blowjob! I'm sure he's gonna like it!"

Baekhyun blushes.

Will he really like it?

Sehun side-eyes his boyfriend judgmentally.

"Why didn't you do that to me?"

Baekhyun stands up fast and runs to the staircase, heading to his and Chanyeol's room after he yells:

"I think I'll go now and see him!"

Luhan snickers. How adorable, "Go get 'em, tiger!"

"Hey, you should stop giving Baekhyun lewd ideas, seriously," Kyungsoo sighs with a sassy hand on his hip, shooting his boyfriend a deadpan look.

"You all love that anyway," Luhan smirks.

Kyungsoo coughs, muttering under his breath:

"Well, you're not wrong."

Sehun tugs the hem of Luhan's shirt, and he's already shamelessly spreading his legs apart in preparation, just in case.

"Babe, I want a morning BJ, too."

Luhan offers him a lusty, salacious smile, hearing that request. He rubs Sehun's knee in a circular motion and hovers on top of his body, pinning him down.

"Not unless you give me one first~"

"WHAT."

"It's been a while, Sehunnie. Don't you think?"

"But I-"

"Come on, baby. Let's give and take."

Sehun pauses for a few seconds, contemplating his life choices before he hollers to the kitchen, perhaps also a little flustered.

"K-kyungsoo! Pass me the Nutella!"

*

Upon opening the door to their spacious master's bedroom, Baekhyun quietly lets himself in, careful not to wake his peacefully dozing off husband. Walking towards their king-sized bed and standing a foot close to it, Baekhyun admires the view of Chanyeol at the center of the bed sleeping in a free fall position. He studies how Chanyeol lies on his stomach with his head turned to the side while his arm is tucked under a pillow. The blanket is halfway through the man's body, exposing his sexy nape and broad shoulders. The healthy sunlight streaking from the curtains emphasizes the cleft of Chanyeol's back muscles like it was a sculpted masterpiece.

This sight in the morning is unexpectedly hot and breathtaking, gorgeous even, making Baekhyun stunned and speechless.

Perhaps it's the fact that it's him who usually wakes up last so he's not able to see how Chanyeol actually looks like when he sleeps. And if Baekhyun does, he's still too sleepy to even notice these tiny important details; such as the way Chanyeol's soft tousled hair brushes against the pillow when he slightly moves his head, or the fact that Chanyeol is comfortable sleeping in a belly-flop position with one hand squished under the pillow.

Getting reminded once in a while of small things like this has Baekhyun confirming that he's indeed married to this beautiful person. It's somehow good to be observant because those subtle mannerisms and little actions are what make you 'you', and Baekhyun is willing to learn more about Park Chanyeol every single day.

Smiling affectionately, Baekhyun occupies the left side of the bed and bends down to reach Chanyeol. He puckers his lips and presses a kiss on Chanyeol's forehead after he strokes Chanyeol's fringe through the spaces of his fingers. He whispers into his husband's ear:

"Wake up, sleepyhead."

It takes three seconds before Chanyeol flinches in his sleep, feeling something warm and snuggly cuddled against his once cold side. Too sleepy to respond, he doesn't wake up yet, still immersed in dreamland. He only shifts to the right, facing away from Baekhyun who looks disappointed by his nonchalance. What brings Chanyeol into opening his eyes though, is those familiar pair of arms wounding around his waist under the sheets, followed by that airy chuckle he always hears everyday.

Baekhyun lifts himself, applying his weight to his elbow as he peeks at Chanyeol who is now thankfully, finally awake and engaging in eye contact with him. A victorious grin appears on Baekhyun's face while they stare at each other; Chanyeol responds with an angelic smile as he allows his lover to perch his chin on top of his bare chest.

Good morning, Baekhyun mouths without a sound. I'm home.

"Good morning..." Chanyeol replies, voice deep and raspy, considering it's the first time he's speaking for the day, "Welcome back."

"Did you miss me?"

"More than you could ever imagine."

That makes Baekhyun laugh. Chanyeol touches his husband's face, scanning his whole look.

"Your skin looks more tanned in person."

"Do you like it?"

"Mm, it's so sexy. Now I'm turned on."

There are no words exchanged after their short conversation, as Baekhyun is now being pulled by Chanyeol to position him above his torso. Baekhyun sits on top of his husband, thighs parted on either side of his body. Lowering his head so that his and Chanyeol's mouths can get into contact for a sweet kiss, the blanket is peeled off and discarded while they make out. Slowly at first, nibbling and smooching, it gets rougher as seconds pass, when Baekhyun introduces his tongue in, licking the insides of Chanyeol's mouth.

Chanyeol has his palm landing on the small of Baekhyun's back while he responds to his lover's hot kisses. It's totally waking his senses up more than what coffee does. Fuck, Chanyeol releases an inaudible moan when Baekhyun separates his mouth from him, only to kiss his ear, cheek, jaw, collarbones---then trailing down lower to suck his neck and adam's apple. Throwing his head back on the pillow, Chanyeol glimpses Baekhyun smirking at him as if telling him, Just lie down and I'll do all the work.

And before he realizes it, Baekhyun is already settled in between the gap of his legs, hooking his thumbs on the waistband of his underwear but not entirely yanking it down. Baekhyun has the audacity to dart his tongue out to playfully lick the clothed front, showcasing his perfect teeth to bite on the growing tent teasingly.

Shit. This is pretty erotic, as Chanyeol can only watch in a daze, eyes half-lidded. Baekhyun frees his manhood out of his undies, the semi-hard length slapping Baekhyun's face with it. Oops, Chanyeol whimpers--and it turns into a lewd groan when his husband, at last, wraps his moist lips around his erection to blow him into oblivion.

Baekhyun makes sure to properly lick from the base to the tip, grinding the head of the cock against the roof of his mouth. He slides the dick out, his hot breath fanning across it, before sucking it back again. The way Baekhyun is stroking his cock while hallowing the insides of his cheeks against the shaft is making Chanyeol's mind go blank. Chanyeol is fully aroused now, leaking and throbbing in anticipation. Just the sensual imagery of Baekhyun giving him a blowjob as soon as he wakes up is already lethal as it is, how much more if Baekhyun uses his tongue, flicking it back and forth along the sensitive veins?

Chanyeol unconsciously stretches his free hand for Baekhyun to hold, entwining and locking their fingers together as a habit. It's strangely charming, how Chanyeol can feel the grin from Baekhyun's lips stuffed with his cock as he whispers how adorable he is right now. Baekhyun may have wanted to make his hubby orgasm with fellatio, but Chanyeol insists he wants to come inside of him.

And so Baekhyun halts before his man can reach his edge. Chanyeol takes his time watching Baekhyun getting back into position, sitting on his crotch like a cowboy. Baekhyun crosses his arms, clutching the hem of his shirt, taking it off, slipping it over his head, revealing his toned upper body for Chanyeol's eyes to feast on. Baekhyun needs to ruffle his own hair to complete his private strip show, leaving Chanyeol mesmerized. It's truly a sight to behold that he might climax right away.

With Baekhyun half-naked like this, Chanyeol doesn't leave his nipple unattended, as he gives the love it deserves. Tweaking the left using his fingers, he then puts the right one in his mouth, sucking it tenderly. While enjoying the sensation, Baekhyun gets rid of his pants and underwear so that he's also nude like Chanyeol now delicately kissing his collarbones. It's obvious how Chanyeol has been yearning to do this after their lack of lovemaking on the days they weren't together.

Resting his elbows on Chanyeol's shoulders while straddling his lap, Baekhyun allows his husband to embrace him as the man leans against the headboard. Baekhyun does the initiative to pull away from this comfortable hug, gathering lube on the bedside table. Impatient, Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's waist as soon as his lover retrieves the lube, kissing Baekhyun again, harder this time, while blindly fumbling with the love gel, yet expertly.

It's not long before Baekhyun feels two wet fingers trying to slide into him, so he adjusts how his legs are parted wider to accept Chanyeol's requesting hand. Clinging onto his husband's neck, Baekhyun ends up kneeling on the bed so that Chanyeol can easily thrust his thick fingers inside his tight hole.

Gasping, Baekhyun slowly raises himself then sinks his butt down. He feels them rubbing and wriggling around while he rides Chanyeol's fingers buried in his heat. Chanyeol pecks the corner of his eyes and caresses his back soothingly, before inserting one more so that three fingers are scissoring him below. The pain is tolerable but it still hurts, and Baekhyun knows his husband is aware of that, so he appreciates the way Chanyeol pleasures his aroused cock to distract him from the pain. He loves it especially when Chanyeol becomes extra attentive during sex, asking him if he's alright or if he's uncomfortable.

"Does it still hurt?"

"Not anymore... Please take me."

"My pleasure."

Once fully stretched after minutes of foreplay and lazy kissing, Baekhyun decides he's now ready. Breathing, he finishes Chanyeol's misery by grabbing his hubby's erect cock and aligning the head towards the entrance. He pushes the tip in first, slowly but surely, until Chanyeol is halfway in. It's not even the whole thing but Baekhyun is already feeling full.

He confidently moves his hips in an up and down motion, fucking himself into his husband's manhood without engulfing it completely. He gains absolute control, bouncing his ass at his own speed, thrusting into the length at his own depth, which results in Chanyeol biting his lower lip, restlessly groping his buttocks for more.

Haaa... Deeper, baby... Ride me faster... Chanyeol moans in between the smutty sounds of skin slapping against skin within the four corners of their bedroom. Baekhyun silences his whiny husband by angling his head, crashing their lips together for a searing, rough kiss. He continues working his ass, flumping on the man's cock before withdrawing. Every time he rises and descends, the head of Chanyeol's dick nudges a certain tingly spot within him. It's incredibly amazing how his cock, heavy and swollen, twitches towards his belly when Chanyeol entirely fills him up to the girth.

Fuck, you're so hot, Baekhyun... Ah, keep going... Feels good, Baekhyun hears Chanyeol mumbling against his shoulder blade like he was gonna lose it. That makes Baekhyun smirk. How needy. He rewards Chanyeol with a chaste kiss on the eyelid while squeezing the tip of his ear in the process.

Gripping Baekhyun's waist firmly for leverage and fucking him upwards, Chanyeol picks up his speed and doesn't stop. Baekhyun can feel the intensity of his husband's thrusts at this angle, all the more when Chanyeol gets in control. Although it feels amazing to be in charge, this is genuinely exhausting and energy-draining in the long run.

So, enough of Baekhyun taking the lead, as he now willingly allows Chanyeol to reverse their positions on the bed--Chanyeol shoving him down the mattress while folding both his arms behind his back--restraining him from using his hands. Baekhyun has his cheek planted into the pillow as his husband enters him through the rear. With his captured wrists pressed against his spine, Baekhyun lets Chanyeol pound into him, fucking his ass nice and good, deep and rough, hard and powerful. He can only cry in pleasure, feeling his body tingle at how insanely good this sex feels like.

Ooh, please, more... Do it harder... Yeah, ah, right there...!

Chanyeol grants his request by flipping him effortlessly so that they're doing it doggy style. Baekhyun supports himself by holding on to the headboard as his man fucks his brains out from behind. He's reaching cloud nine that their bed could break at this rate. How could Chanyeol fuck him so strong and deep? Baekhyun could feel his ass literally ripping in half. And why is there even a huge mirror in their room anyway? Now he can watch how their bodies are projecting this mind-blowing sex as if he was watching a porn movie starring themselves. This is too kinky and absolutely arousing.

Just when Baekhyun thought Chanyeol is about to finish, the man stops moving, pulls his cock out, and scoops him in his arms, carrying him princess-style.

"W-where are we going?" Baekhyun asks, utterly confused. He slings an arm around Chanyeol's neck and goes back to the reality that he hasn't come yet.

Chanyeol only smiles, too handsome for Baekhyun's heart to take in. "Bathroom." And then they've suddenly teleported into the shower--Chanyeol putting Baekhyun down the cold floor, pressing him against the wall. "Might as well take a bath too while we finish this here." He lifts Baekhyun's one leg and slides his cock back into his ass again, doing it standing and face-to-face.

Baekhyun chuckles, "Multi-tasking at its finest?"

"Absolutely. Now raise your hips higher and hold on to me."

Oh, well. It's Monday today, Baekhyun says as his mental alarm goes off at seven o'clock. Clinging to Chanyeol, he spreads his thighs and coils his hands around his hubby's neck while Chanyeol fucks him under the steaming shower. He enjoys the lukewarm water spraying their naked bodies, soaking them up while they resume their passionate sex, wet and wild version.

"Are you close?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna come..."

As Chanyeol thrusts deeply into him, Baekhyun feels his back grinding up and down against the bathroom wall because of the impact. This is crazy; he's getting lightheaded with pleasure that his knees are turning jelly. Ugh, haah, ngh, ooh yes, are the only noise he can utter while his husband bangs him like there's no tomorrow. The large hand clasped around his cock as Chanyeol furiously jerks him off pushes him into his limit, and he's coming hard, spurting his load until he's milked dry.

The water washes away the jizz Baekhyun has released while Chanyeol stays inside of him, filling him up with his cum as he orgasms. It's pretty obscene, how the white liquid drips out from Baekhyun's hole along his sexy inner thighs. That's mine right there, Chanyeol thinks to himself with a secret smile. He bumps his forehead against Baekhyun's, kissing the tip of his nose gently. He tilts Baekhyun's chin up so that he can kiss him on the lips next.

"You can... pull out now," Baekhyun whispers, catching his breath as he recovers from his orgasm, waiting for his heartbeat to calm down, "That was exhausting..."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. How about you?"

"I'm fine. I feel good," Chanyeol replies. He checks for any hickeys he might've left on Baekhyun's neck that can be seen. Thankfully, there's none. There's a lot on his chest, though. "I thought you were gonna pass out on me."

"No way. I've never done that before!"

"You did~"

"Come closer..."

"What?"

"I said, come closer," Baekhyun giggles, pulling Chanyeol down for a hug by wrapping his arms around the man's neck before planting a kiss on his cheek. "Mwah." He leans away and presses another two smooches on Chanyeol's chin and jaw. "Mwah!" He doesn't stop kissing Chanyeol's face and neck, peppering him with kisses and pecking him all over until he's fully satisfied, "Mwah, mwah, mwah... Wait, one more! Mwah!"

Chanyeol is in the middle of wanting to laugh and wanting to break away from Baekhyun being all sweet and clingy to him in the bathroom, out of places.

"Wait, wh-what are the kisses for?"

"I just missed you a lot!"

"Alright, alright! Let's get into the tub and wash up."

The bubbles formed by the shampoo Chanyeol is lathering on Baekhyun's hair becomes thick and fluffy the longer he scrubs. Baekhyun's chirpy voice overlaps with the sound of the running water, but Chanyeol doesn't mind it as he rinses the shampoo off. He has Baekhyun nestled in between his legs, sitting inside the spacious bathtub.

"...and I was like, no! I'm not a minor, I'm already twenty-five! Why won't you let me in? The security guy just stared at me and he was like, Please show me your ID to confirm your birthdate, blah, blah... But guess what, I forgot my ID back in the hotel..."

"I reminded you to bring your wallet at all times, didn't I?"

"Mm... But Luhan hyung and Kyungsoo were already inside the club so I just left. I was all alone by the beach with Vivi..."

"Heh! Serves you right. You didn't get to taste a single drop of alcohol."

Don't laugh at me!

I wasn't laughing at you, silly.

Baekhyun turns to peek at Chanyeol behind him, pouting at him.

"I was calling you but you wouldn't pick up. I guess you were drinking with Sehun around that time?"

"Yeah. I was. We got pretty drunk, actually."

"So since I was all by myself back then, I just returned to the hotel and went to bed... I think it was 11 pm when Luhan hyung and Kyungsoo arrived? I woke up to the sound of them moaning and doing it--oh, my god. I don't wanna think about it!"

"That must've been so uncomfortable."

"More like disturbing!"

"You should've got up so they'd stop in the middle of it."

"I did. And turns out, they were just teasing me... Those bitches!"

"Hahaha! Oh, poor Baekhyun."

"If it were real, what would you do if you were in my shoes?"

"What, accidentally hearing your friends have sex?"

"Uh-huh."

"Watch-"

"WHAT?"

"Watch OUT where I'm going. Besides, they would never do that in the first place if they knew I was around, would they?"

"Pfft. Right, hahaha."

Pass me the conditioner, Chanyeol mutters, so Baekhyun hands him the pink bottle.

"I tried contacting you again that night but you weren't answering. I supposed you fell asleep already. Besides, it was already late, so..."

"You left 7 missed calls the next morning and I thought something bad already happened to you. Truth is, you were just feeling horny."

"I wasn't hor--anyway. I couldn't sleep a wink after that."

"I doubt it. Your back hits any soft surface and you'd fall asleep in an instant."

"That's-"

"You actually had fun with them, right?"

"...well, yeah. I did."

Baekhyun clears his throat, trying to hide his flustered reaction. Chanyeol catches that and smiles. Look who's guilty.

Ouch, my eyes sting...

I told you to close them.

"Oh, that reminds me. You've got a dental appointment at 4 pm today. Want me to accompany you?"

"I'm already an adult, Baekhyun. Of course, I can do things on my own."

"Pfft. Says the one who forgot to make the appointment himself!"

"Hey, I married you for a reason."

"So... Should I come with you or not? Remember, dentists are scary."

"Yes, please. Protect me at all cost."

Done, Chanyeol mutters after he's finished with Baekhyun's shower and aftercare. He makes Baekhyun leave the bathroom first so the male can dry off and prepare their clothes for work. Also, Chanyeol needs to wash next and poop. (Baekhyun said he already pooped four hours ago back in the hotel.)

"Hmm, I can't choose..."

Baekhyun hums to himself as he slides out the drawer of Chanyeol's organized collection filled with various brands of luxury watches. His index finger grazes on the smoothness of the glass furniture, still contemplating which among these extensive watches should his husband use for today.

"Have you decided yet?"

Not yet! Give me a minute!

Drying his damp hair, Chanyeol steps out fresh from the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist. He spots on the bed his nicely ironed outfit; a charcoal gray Prada coat partnered with a pair of charcoal gray ankle pants, and a brown button-up shirt from Armani for the inside. He gets butt-naked and puts on his underwear and clothes, waiting for Baekhyun to come out of their walk-in wardrobe.

"Rolex Submariner or Rolex Yacht Master?"

Baekhyun asks, peeking into the room and catching Chanyeol in the middle of zipping his pants and putting on his footwear. Skip the tie and socks, a pair of brown leather loafers will do. Chanyeol has his hair brushed up while his collar is left unbuttoned for a more casual vibe. He's even wearing non-prescription glasses for the show. Baekhyun grins. Wow. He looks so hot.

"Uhm... That gold one?" Chanyeol answers without giving it much thought. Anything's fine as long as Baekhyun chose it. "Yeah. I'd like to wear that."

"Okay! I'll put this on you."

Baekhyun likes the comfortable silence lingering in the air as he and Chanyeol stand closely, facing each other and sharing their distinct height difference. Doing their morning routine, he'll always find himself contented waking up every day to this familiarity. He holds Chanyeol's hand, equips the stylish watch around his wrist, locks it, and smirks.

"There you go."

"Thanks."

Pausing for a while, Chanyeol fondly stares at Baekhyun and scans him from head to toe. So gray and brown is the theme today. Baekhyun threw on a khaki brown oversized hoodie and a pair of gray checkered track pants from his favorite brand, Burberry. He's just wearing white comfy sneakers like he always does. Chanyeol knows that the Supreme sling bag Baekhyun hangs across his chest is carrying only two things: his phone and his wallet. Also, Baekhyun's wristwatch is coupling with him today. It's not that obvious but if you squint closely, the watches they're wearing are both Rolex's.

"I look cute, right?" Baekhyun says, fluttering his eyelashes, acting all soft and pretty. He even steps closer and wounds his arms around Chanyeol's neck flirtatiously, "Right, Chanyeol sunbae?"

Chanyeol smiles, touching Baekhyun's chin as he says:

"You look handsome."

He bends lower and kisses Baekhyun on the left cheek.

Smooch.

And then he walks past Baekhyun's shoulder, picking up his satchel bag and heading to the car keys cabinet to grab their Monday car keys.

Left standing and frozen on the spot, that remark from his husband (still) makes Baekhyun flustered.

"Babe."

Baekhyun quickly snaps out from his blushing state though, the moment Chanyeol throws the Audi keys at him.

"You drive today."

Baekhyun catches them fast with both hands.

"Roger that!"

*

"Baekhyun oppa... Baekhyun oppa, can you tie my hair?"

"Of course! Come here, give me your ponytail."

"Yay!"

"Baekyun hyung, look! I drew Baekhyun hyung and Teacher Lee! Oh, and this is her baby..."

"Wow~ That's nice!"

Eri is sulking and pouting in the corner of the classroom, glaring at her kindergarten classmates all clamoring around her "boyfriend." Mrs. Lee, her pregnant teacher, approaches the girl and pats her head.

"Why don't you go play with your friends, Eri?"

Eri crosses her arms against her chest, letting out a loud, Hmph!

"I don't want to! I only want Baekhyun to play with me! But he's ignoring me so he can play with the other kids so I hate him now!"

The teacher chuckles, shaking her head.

"Oh my... Don't say that, honey."

Eri furrows her eyebrows and screams:

"I don't care, Teacher. I just hate him! I don't wanna play with him anymore. I hate Baekhyuuunn!"

Hearing his name from a tiny voice full of contempt, Baekhyun turns to the other side of the room, spotting Eri giving him the best scowl she can do. When their eyes meet, Eri immediately averts her gaze and stomps her feet, walking away.

Baekhyun blinks.

"What did I do?"

Mrs. Lee just shrugs and smiles, as if telling him, Deal with your niece on your own!

Baekhyun leaves the huddle of children so he can follow the girl doing tantrums just because she felt being ignored. He finds the lone kid sitting by herself in the snack room, aggressively eating a bar of chocolates.

"Hello."

Eri looks over her shoulder. She appears surprised for a second so she quickly hides her face, blushing.

"W-why are you here."

Facing Eri, Baekhyun squats down and bends his knees so he can look at her on eye level.

"Oh, me? I'm here to pick up my princess."

"Tch. Shut up, Baekhyun!"

Eri giggles anyway the moment Baekhyun opens his arms to embrace her. She clings to Baekhyun's neck and allows him to lift her feet off the floor. She leans her cheek against Baekhyun's shoulder while enjoying her free ride.

"Wait. I thought you hated me?"

"Who said that?"

"You?"

"Uhm..."

"Is that true? I heard you say it."

Eri shakes her head as she apologizes.

"I'm sorry, I won't say it anymore. The truth is, I love Baekhyun so much..."

"You love me so much?"

"Yeah."

Baekhyun hums, kissing her forehead.

"Me, too. I love you, too."

"You love me more than Uncle Channie?"

"Well, I love you both."

"Just choose one! Me or Uncle Channie?"

"Both."

"Don't say both!"

"Both."

Carrying the small lady out of the room, Baekhyun laughs and closes the door, returning to the huddle of pre-schoolers with Eri in his arms. Placing her down, she sits in the middle of her classmates and proceeds to happily play with them like nothing happened.

"Baekhyun, tie my hair, too. I want pigtails!"

"Say please first."

"Please first."

Pfft. She's just like my husband, Baekhyun tells himself as he gets behind Eri to do her braids, not minding his loud and chaotic surroundings. Little brats are running around the room meanwhile others are acting behaved and doing their own thing, coloring their artworks.

Baekhyun's playtime with the kiddos is interrupted by the vibration of the phone in his pocket. Excusing himself to take the call, he exits the classroom, and that's when he notices something different. The contact name of the caller is Babe and there is a heart emoji beside it. No phone case. He knows this isn't his phone.

He hears Chanyeol coughing from the other line, before whispering in a low voice.

[Ahem. Yeah, so... Should I go to you or you come to me?]

Baekhyun slaps his forehead and chuckles when a flashback comes into mind. He remembers Chanyeol grabbing whatever phone's on the counter, meanwhile, him picking up a phone on the couch he thought was his. So that's why his phone has been surprisingly quiet today. It was his husband's. Usually, his phone would be bombarded with notifications from his social media and gaming apps.

"Did we just exchange our phones?"

[Your fault, haha.]

"Are you in the middle of a lecture right now?"

[Yeah, I just sneaked out for a bit to call you...]

"Then I'll just go to your building. I'm almost done here anyway."

[By the way, how about our lunch later? Cafeteria food or delivery?]

"Uhm. Let's go eat at Kyungsoo's resto!"

[Sounds good, see you in a bit.]

"Alrighty~"

[I love you.]

A short pause.

Baekhyun blankly stares at the call's countdown timer on the screen displaying 00:26 seconds. He bites his bottom lip, looks around the empty hallway, and whispers with a smirk.

"I know."

[Hey! Say it ba-]

Beep!

There's a spring on his steps as Baekhyun skips back to the classroom, telling Mrs. Lee he'll be now taking his break for the morning session.

*

"Is it just me, or Kyungsoo is more dazzling these days?"

"He always looks good, though."

"Yeah, but! It's different! I think he's more radiant today?"

"Right?"

"He and Jongin probably did it many times in the kitchen when everybody has left."

"They surely missed each other a lot after your beach vacation."

"I think we should put up a sign in the kitchen that says, 'No Sex Allowed Here.'"

"Then how about us?"

"We're an exception!"

An amused smile is Chanyeol's response to Baekhyun whose eyes are fixed at the bubbly-looking, adorably-smiling Chef stationed behind the five-star restaurant's counter. Kyungsoo is busy being complimented by the VIP customers about the delicious food they had today, and in the corners of his eyes, he can find Chanyeol and Baekhyun peacefully dining four tables away.

"Kyungsoo! Hey!"

Baekhyun raises his hand slightly, greeting their friend with a bright smile. Kyungsoo nods to acknowledge his and Chanyeol's presence before the Chef gets back to work in the kitchen.

"The steak is tender and perfectly cooked. It's as delicious as the last time," Chanyeol says, wiping his mouth with the table napkin and drinking his water afterward. The music playing in the background and the scent of elegance in the restaurant makes him want to pay double, "Good thing you suggested we have lunch here."

"Of course! I love every food Kyungsoo makes," Baekhyun tells his husband as he eats the small portion left on his plate. He suddenly stops when he notices the untouched dessert Chanyeol is ignoring in front of him, "Oh. Are you uhm, gonna eat that?"

"Which one?"

"That strawberry on top of your sorbet?"

"You want just the strawberry?"

"Yeah."

"Say please first."

"Pleaseee?"

The look on his husband right now reminds Chanyeol of this 🥺 emoji because Baekhyun exactly resembles it. It causes a grin on his face, seeing Baekhyun blinking up to him that he badly wanna squish those mochi cheeks. If only it was possible, he'd like to put Baekhyun inside his pocket, feed him lots of food, place him on top of his palm, and rub his tiny puppy head until he's feeling satisfied.

"Fine. You can have everything. I actually saved the ice cream for you."

Baekhyun brightens up, practically emitting sparkle waves.

"Really? Thanks!"

"Drink lots of water after you finish eating."

"Okay~"

How adorable, Chanyeol whispers to himself, watching Baekhyun stuff his mouth with ice cream as though he was deprived of it since he was born. Baekhyun is the cutest when he is eating, and that happy sight makes Chanyeol happy as well.

"Is it good?"

"Yeah."

"You made a mess on your mouth."

"Where?"

"Come closer."

Baekhyun scoots closer so that Chanyeol can wipe off the ice cream on the side of his lips using his thumb. This scene is already clichè, and maybe, Baekhyun is purposely doing it for all Chanyeol knows, but he doesn't care the least.

Baekhyun stares, blinking at Chanyeol as his husband darts out his tongue to lick his thumb in the sexiest way possible.

"Sweet," Chanyeol mutters, smiling so handsomely he beats the sun. Baekhyun tries not to think anything naughty this broad daylight. "Stay here. I'll pay for our bill."

Chanyeol stands up, fixing the tiny crumples on his coat to make him even look more dazzling.

"I'll also tell Kyungsoo we enjoyed the food. Do you want something for take-out?"

"Nope! I'm fine. Just come back fast."

"I'm not going anywhere. Don't miss me too much."

Chanyeol leaves the table chuckling teasingly after he pets Baekhyun's head like he was a kid. Baekhyun fixes his ruffled hair, seeing his husband off as the man practically makes the restaurant his runway. Park Chanyeol stands out too much and it's kind of annoying. These female customers should keep their eyes off someone else's property!

"Tch. Why does he always have to look so handsome? So unfair."

Baekhyun is in the middle of slurping the last of his dessert with two hands clasped on the bowl when suddenly, he senses his bladder about to burst.

"Oh god. I need to pee."

Scurrying to the bathroom in a rush, he thanks the heavens no single person is standing among the five urinals. Taking the last spot, he quickly does his business and sanitizes his hands once done. He looks at himself for a bit, smiling in the mirror.

"My lips are so dry..."

While applying the chapsticks on his lips, the phone inside his pocket vibrates because of an incoming call. It's from Mrs. Lee, the kindergarten teacher. Maybe it's something important for her to call him? They just saw each other, though.

"Hello?"

[Hello, Baekhyun, I'm sorry for calling you at this hour... Are you busy?]

"No, it's all right, Mrs. Lee. What is it?"

[You see, I was brought to the hospital today because my water broke... I'm going into labor right now.]

Baekhyun covers his mouth in surprise.

"Oh my god... Are you okay!? S-shouldn't you be talking right now?"

[Pfft, calm down, Baekhyun... I'm fine. My husband is with me. So, will you listen to me first?]

Although still worried, Baekhyun stays silent, most of the time just nodding and saying yes, while the teacher talks on the other line. She explains that she's expecting to give birth within 24 hours to a healthy baby boy and she's in the hospital with her husband right now.

It's already been decided that when Mrs. Lee goes on maternity leave to recover and take care of her newborn, a substitute teacher will take over her responsibilities in the kindergarten until she's fit to come back to work. Baekhyun knows this arrangement and he's been informed of that to happen anytime soon.

[And that substitute teacher has a teaching assistant of their own. So Baekhyun, what I'm saying is...."

"Mrs. Lee..."

[You don't have to come to school starting tomorrow. I'm sorry if I couldn't say it to you personally.]

"It's okay. Just focus on your delivery. Don't worry about me."

Baekhyun clenches the phone in his hand extra tight, hearing those words. Without Mrs. Lee repeating it for him, he can now grasp the situation he is in. The apologetic tone of her voice makes him guilty. It's not even her fault. He's been prepared for his "break" but it's still sad, hearing his job ending like this.

Now it only means one thing. He will start staying home all day from now on, and that includes the reality that he won't be able to spend time with Chanyeol anymore just like how they used to.

[I apologize if there's nothing I could do about it. But if you want, we might change the decision if I talk it out to the Principal so you can still keep your job-]

"No, you don't have to, Mrs. Lee. I can just wait for your return."

[Are you sure about this?]

"Yes, I'm sure. I'll visit you when I can after you give birth."

[Okay, but really. I'll understand if you look for a new job while I'm gone...]

"I will think about it..."

[Thanks, Baekhyun. I've been grateful for your help all this time. See you the soonest.]

Their conversation ends after saying goodbye.

Sighing, Baekhyun slumps his shoulders and stares at his sullen reflection in the mirror. His chest feels heavy like he was about to cry.

"Haaah... What should I do now."

Sadness fills his heart now that everything is gradually sinking in. Without Mrs. Lee, he'll be temporarily replaced by someone to do his job. He'll surely miss Eri and the kids, he'll miss the classroom and he'll miss working in the kindergarten.

But what causes Baekhyun's agony is the fact that he and Chanyeol won't be together during morning until afternoon anymore. No waking up together, no driving together, no eating lunch together, and basically no spending time with each other after class. Doing everything is already part of their daily routine, and because of this unemployment, it will change from now on.

In retrospect, the sole reason why Baekhyun applied for this kindergarten T.A. job in the first place was to be with Chanyeol, the same reason why he went to a similar university with him. It became a natural goal for him to follow Chanyeol wherever he goes. He wanted to be close to his husband as much as possible because ever since before and even up until now, his whole world revolves around Park Chanyeol.

Yes, he'll only be temporary jobless for the meantime, probably, two or three months the most. But even so, Baekhyun thinks he must do something about it, and staying at home is not one of his few choices.

"I'll tell Chanyeol sunbae about it first then I'll make a decision..."

Absentmindedly, Baekhyun exits the bathroom looking so dazed and out of it. His mind is too preoccupied with that matter, that he fails to see a waiter walking in his direction. He ends up bumping against the man's shoulder.

"Hey, watch where you're going!"

Baekhyun bows, looking at the ground without raising his head, "I'm sorry-"

"Wait a second. You... I know you!"

That is only when Baekhyun lifts his eyes to glance at the person he bumped into. The waiter is glaring at him dreadfully, and Baekhyun doesn't understand the reason at first. But it slowly dawns on him the moment he finally recognizes the stranger's face he must've seen from somewhere. Plus, the man is wearing a cast around his arm, so the bandage on his wrist gives it away.

Flashbacks of what happened during his and Chanyeol's 3000th-day anniversary come back into his mind---the sauna, the stranger asking him if he was single, and Chanyeol's jealousy.

Baekhyun's eyes widen, his mouth gaping as he points at the waiter.

"Y-you're the guy from the bathhouse."

Before Baekhyun knows it, he is dragged into a corner, grabbed by the collar, and slammed against the wall. Even with only one hand, this stranger is stronger than him. Baekhyun can just push him away if he uses all his strength, but he can't do that now, seeing the waiter clearly injured and wearing a cast.

"Look here. I got fired from my last job after that incident, and now I couldn't work properly because of what that bastard did to me! Do you remember!? He fucking broke my wrist!"

It has been a long time, Baekhyun thinks. How long has it been anyway since he and Chanyeol went to that sauna and encountered this guy?

"I worked in construction before and because of my injured wrist, it caused me a bigger accident! Now I can't use my arm to earn money for my family! I'm now a worthless trash because of that fucker!"

"Uhm. I don't think it concerns us anymore. But I'm really sorry for what happened to you. I hope this helps at least."

Baekhyun gets his wallet from the body bag on his chest, opening it and taking out some yellow bills to place on the waiter's free hand.

"Mister, please accept this money for your medical expenses to settle this. I'm willing to pay more if it's not enough."

"Hah. Do you think I want your money? Are you looking down on me just because I'm poor?!"

"Sir, I understand about what happened in your previous job. I'll make sure my husband and I won't cross paths with anymore, so just take the cash and-"

"Husband, you say? Oh. So that's the kind of people you are!"

Baekhyun stares at him. He doesn't like the sound of that.

"Excuse me?"

The man scoffs, spitting on the ground rudely.

"Whatever, I don't fucking care about you homosexuals or some shit like that. But you should listen to this."

He steps away and squeezes Baekhyun's shoulder.

"It's obvious you're being spoiled by that man you call your husband, the reason why you're looking so naive and pathetic right now. Are you even a woman? Or you feel like being one?"

Baekhyun shoves that hand away. What gives this guy the right to talk to him this way?

"And what does that have to do with this?"

"Do you even know how to make a living? Or do you just suck that man's cock?"

"Hey, I think you're crossing the line. I'm trying to make amends with you so just accept the compensation so we can get this over with."

"Fine, then! This is taking too long anyway! I won't bother reporting for assault!"

"Assault? It was you who did that. Out of nowhere, you suddenly dragged me into the corner and shoved me against the wall, and now you're even threatening me."

"Listen. I want a fucking apology from your husband, that piece of shit! That motherfucker should bow his head in front of me and beg. Where is he?"

"Don't you dare call my husband with such vulgar words."

"Then where is that person before I lose all my patience here!?"

"He's-"

Looking for Chanyeol, Baekhyun sets his eyes at the reception area, seeing his husband talking to Kyungsoo and a group of people wearing suits. They're smiling, bowing, and exchanging greetings at each other, and Baekhyun suddenly recalls they're Chanyeol's colleagues from work. Even the university President is here with his wife.

"He's busy and he couldn't talk at the moment. I'm the reason why he acted impulsively back then so just keep the money and let's stop right here."

Baekhyun grabs the man's hand and puts the cash on it. He even adds some extra bills. This should be enough, right? He's not sure if going to such lengths is the right thing to do, but if it's the only way not to cause a ruckus in Kyungsoo's workplace, then he'll do whatever it takes. This man shouldn't make a scene, not when Chanyeol is in the presence of his co-workers.

"I hope that is enough. I promise we'll not bother you anymore."

The waiter ogles hesitantly at the huge amount being offered to him."Tch! I'm accepting this just because I need to survive." He snatches the money harshly, and Baekhyun senses relief that this is finally over. "Let me say this to you. Don't fucking tolerate your husband's attitude. He shouldn't attack strangers like that! Stop being arrogant, for fuck's sake!"

"He was bothered by what you did to me so he grabbed your hand as a way to protect me. You shouldn't have touched me in the first place," Baekhyun states firmly, "Also, it's you who shouldn't attack strangers like this and touch them without their consent. You were lucky enough I didn't report you to the authorities back then. You're still lucky now that I'm letting this slide. So if you're done here, will you kindly fuck off?"

"Y-you fucking little...!"

The man attempts to hit Baekhyun on the face, but then he pauses midair when Baekhyun points to the corner of the ceiling.

"There are CCTV's everywhere in this restaurant. If you're planning to lay a finger on me, you better think first."

At this rate, Baekhyun feels his knees turning weak that he hardly gets back to their table after he dismisses himself. Staring at his lap, he sits on the chair and calms down. His fingers are still trembling like he was about to faint.

What the hell did he just do? What has just happened in that short amount of time he went to the bathroom?

Everything was going smoothly twenty minutes ago. What is this all of a sudden? He has just lost his job and now he confronted an assailant. Good thing he handled that situation pretty well.

In the distance, the man shoots Baekhyun one last hateful look before he resumes working, mopping the floor with one hand.

"Sorry I took a while. Let's go?"

When Chanyeol arrives at their table, he right away notices the paleness of Baekhyun's face. Worried, he squats and holds his husband's cold, quivering hand.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine..."

Glancing around in search of a waiter to ask to bring Baekhyun a glass of water, a familiar face catches Chanyeol's attention.

"What the-" Chanyeol grips his fist angrily and stands up. "What hell is that bastard doing here? Isn't he the one at the sauna that time?"

"It's not him... You're just mistaken."

"No, wait. I'm sure he's the one. Yeah, that's him. I can't be wrong."

Looking alternately at Baekhyun clinging on his arm and at the man glaring at them, Chanyeol clearly remembers what happened back in the sauna, when that filthy scumbag tried to make a pass on Baekhyun right in front of his face. That memory is making his blood rise, so now he's getting furious without reservation.

"That... that man. Why is he in Kyungsoo's restaurant? Is he here to pick a fight or something?"

"He just probably happened to be working here..."

"Still, I don't feel good about this. Stay here, I'll call the police and-"

Baekhyun grabs Chanyeol's elbow. shaking his head.

"You don't have to do that. Just leave that guy alone. It's not good to be involved with him."

"Why? Did that person say something to you? Did he do anything? Is he harassing you!?"

"No, he didn't. Can't you see the cast on his arm?"

Chanyeol stops, seeing the waiter struggling to do his job with only one hand due to his injury. Baekhyun heaves a tired sigh before he stands up, walking ahead first.

"Come on. Let's go..."

In his peripheral view, Chanyeol, while silently driving, can notice Baekhyun zoning out blankly, like he was pondering about something deep. The red light is approaching so Chanyeol slows down until the traffic lights turn green. It's still fifteen minutes before four o'clock but it's good to be early for his dentist appointment today. While waiting, he decides to break the thick silence by striking a conversation.

"Hm, I'm craving for something sweet... I wanna have again that overseas cake Jongin took home last time."

Chanyeol drums his fingers around the steering wheel.

"Babe. What was that dessert called again... You know, that sweet custard roll? Ah! Brazo de Mercedes... Right. It's like a name for a car. Haha... But I doubt they're selling it in Seoul, though."

He side-eyes Baekhyun and clears his throat, trying one more time.

"Hey, let's go to the Philippines and buy one. You've got plans for the weekend? How's this Saturday sound?"

He still receives no response. Baekhyun's just looking dazed and out of it, staring at trees and cars. Chanyeol clicks his tongue. Damn it This sucks. It's like talking to air.

"Baekhyun, are you even listening?"

Still quiet.

"Yo. Park Baekhyun."

Chanyeol waits, but again, no reply.

"Byun Baekhyun."

"H-huh?"

Baekhyun suddenly pulls out from his trance, hearing his bachelor name in that tone of voice that made him shiver before. He fixes his eyes at Chanyeol beside him who's laughing at his flustered reaction.

"You've been ignoring me," Chanyeol says, and it sounds like he's sulking a little. "I was talking the whole time."

Baekhyun rubs his ear, fidgeting in his seat.

"Sorry, I was just... tired, I guess."

"Did perhaps something happen back in the restaurant?"

"It's nothing."

One look and Chanyeol already knows that's a lie. Something definitely happened. Baekhyun's mood won't turn 360 in a short period of time without a valid reason.

Looking away and fixing his gaze back outside the window, Baekhyun sighs dejectedly. He feels Chanyeol holding his hand and squeezing his thumb gently.

"Are you not feeling well? Should I just visit the dentist alone and drop you home first?"

"No, I'm okay... I promised to come with you, didn't I?"

"Yeah, but."

Baekhyun offers his husband a reassuring, smile. He cups Chanyeol's face as he looks at these pair of concerned eyes.

"For now, let's finish our afternoon schedule, okay? We'll talk later at home. I'll tell you everything..."

"You promise?"

"Yes. I promise."

"No lies?"

"Mm. No lies."

*

Quote of the day: When you found true love, home went from being a place to being a person. And wherever they are, you are home.

To be continued.

-----

Next chapter preview!

"What?"

"Stop treating me like I'm some weak, delicate woman. I'm not your wife!"

Chanyeol turns Baekhyun around so that they can talk face-to-face. He sighs, looking at Baekhyun sincerely.

"Do you really hate it? Tell me."

Baekhyun avoids eye contact, clenching his fists, hesitating.

"I'm treating you gently not because I see you as a child or a woman. I do this to you because you're the person I care about. You're the man I love and I want to cherish you with all my heart. Where did that idea even come from anyway?"

"I... I don't know, I just..."

"If you hate the way I treat you, then I'll stop being like this. Should I just do that?"

Chanyeol receives zero response, so he takes it as a no from Baekhyun.

"Look. I'm just worried about you that's why I said that. If it offended you, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to step on your pride. But if I say no to your request, I have a reason for that and I'm doing this for your own sake."

-----

"Hi, it's been a while! Chapters are made longer while waiting for updates~ I appreciate the comments you leave, thank you so much!"

- ParkBaekkie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 226 24
Park Chanyeol, a ordinary guy who fell in love with his best friend's brother Sehun.. who's 6 years younger than him. On Sehun's 13th birthday Yeol g...
12K 1K 40
im·bal·ance /imˈbaləns/ n. lack of proportion or relation between corresponding things. Park Chanyeol is facing the biggest problem in his life whe...
53.7K 2.6K 16
First book: Who Is He? Second book: Hello, Im Chanyeol ❝ Chanyeol doesn't remember anything, but Baekhyun is determined to make him remember after al...
5.8K 438 57
Lay x Suho Kai x Sehun Chanyeol x Baekhyun Top x bottom Just another university young love with so many things going on. Side character: Luhan and...