Thank You, I Love You ✓

By winter_lover10

"I don't usually say I love you too." How would you like to end your own story? How can you say that your sto... More

Prologue
[01] Welcome, Senior High!
[02] A Dream
[03] Sitting Arrangement
[04] Math Problems
[05] The Math Wizard
[06] A Rainbow After The Rain
[07] Friends
[08] Two Choices
[09] Loser
[10] Flower
[11] Welcome to the Group
[12] Sunflower
[13] You're Welcome
[14] Comforting Words
[15] Anonymous Letter
[16] Team Building I (Hidden in Plain Sight)
[16] Team Building II (Ella Me Gusta)
[16] Team Building III (Venomous)
[16] Team Building IV (Strings of Melody)
[17] Ella Falló
[18] Definition of Love
[19] Pure Love
[20] A Familiar Tune
[21] Once Upon A Dream
[22] Listen
[23] A Calm Before the Storm
[24] The Party Begins
[25] Dead Flower
[26] Nightmare and Trauma
[27] Change
[28] A Sign
[29] Two Lines
[30] More than a Million
[31] Soiree
[32] Last Waltz
[33] Childhood Best Friend (Forever)
[35] Forget-Me-Not
SPECIAL: Happy Birthday (A Letter) I
[36] Lost Colors
[37] Moving Forward
[38] The Man Behind
[39] Behind the Mask
[40] The Truth Unfolded
Epilogue
SPECIAL: Correcting Mistakes (The Traitor) II
SPECIAL: His Secret (The Witness) III
SPECIAL: For Her (A Letter) IV
Thank You, I Love You

[34] Missing and Disappearance

111 11 5
By winter_lover10

A/N: I suggest that y'all grab some tissue.

[Chapter 34]

December 30, 2016

[05:55 pm]

"W-why... didn't you realize it?"

She was about to reply, but she chose to remain silent. Jeongyeon bowed her head down, and listened to him.

"I-I have no courage to tell you everything. I don't know at first. I'm damn confused, because the moment you told me about the little boy, I felt a bit jealous. It hurts a lot, especially when you revealed that you like him. Damn, it hurts, but I remained still and quiet."

"I realized that I'm falling and falling deeper for you. But, what makes the pain doubled is when you introduce Jennie to me," he paused a bit, and continued. "I don't know what to feel. But, I still decided to date her. For once, I wanted to forget about you."

"I'm so bad for using her, but I tried myself to fall for her, but our relationship didn't work out. Aside from she cheated on me, I don't feel the same affection that I felt for you. Maybe, I only treated her as a friend. I don't deserve her, so as she," he looked at her, who's still head lowering down.

"J-Jennie's right. All this time, the truth about our break-up is not just about her, but about me, and you. I admit that I like the way Nayeon always teases us, but I'm also hurt. I felt bad that I couldn't confess, knowing how much the both of us valued our friendship. I don't wanna waste that."

"I really care about our relationship, to the point that I sacrificed my own feelings, just for the sake of our friendship. I know that there is a boundary between us. Plus, he's back to your life. Jimin's back, your first love."

Jeongyeon finally raised her head as soon as he stopped talking. She saw him gazing at the sky, the sun is setting down. She broke her silence.

"I-I know... that you love me."

Taehyung's eyes widen, as he heard what she said. But he didn't utter a single word. He's not mad at all. He knows that she can only see him as her dear friend.

"I also loved you, before... and I knew it... but I was god-damn late." She stopped for a while to see his reaction. She felt a pang on her chest seeing him like that, and it's like she's hurting him more. Still, she went on.

"I didn't know that I'm slowly falling for you, ever since we entered high school. I-I know, this is ridiculous, but just like you, I value our friendship more than what do I feel. So that's why I introduced Jennie to you."

"S-she told me that she likes you, so even if it hurts like hell, I still asked you to ask her out, because I want to to have your  personal relationship too. I don't want you to be single forever, and stick your nose with me forever."

"B-but, Jeongyeon—"

"But I regretted that thing, the moment I realized that you also felt the same for me. I guess that time, I was fucking late, and all I can do is to cry at night, and blame myself for low-key hurting your feelings. I didn't know at first. S-sorry..."

"Nayeon always keeps on hinting me about your feelings, but I decided to ignore her. Because, I don't wanna assume that time. But yeah, I fucked up. Sometimes, I wondered if I tell you about what do I really feel, we will be able to work out?"

Jeongyeon chuckled bitterly. "The problem is, I couldn't risk our friendship. So I chose to hide all the smile, the pain, and my love for you. But, unfortunately, it didn't last longer. one day, I woke up, and all of my feelings for you were gone."

"I thought it would be permanent, but hell no. Maybe because, first love never dies. Maybe because I still love—"

"J-Jimin?" His voice cracked, he gave a small sad smile, when she nodded.

"M-my heart still beats for him... I guess?" She gave a faint smile and looked up. "S-sorry, I really don't mean to—"

"It's alright, don't apologize. You did nothing wrong," Taehyung ruffled her hair, and gave a sad but an assuring smile. "W-we both knew the boundary of our relationship. We are best friends, and not... lovers. And your heart beats for him. So as he—"

Taehyung's eyes widen, so he immediately divert the topic. "I-I remember what I promised to myself. That no matter what your heart choose, I'll be here for you."

Her eyes welled up with tears, as she gazed at him. She wondered why this man in front of him is so pure, and what she had done to deserve him as her best friend.

Jeongyeon knows, she doesn't deserve him. But, she's still thankful that he's part of his life. She walked towards him, and took the red Mario's cap. She put it in him.

"Now, that's better..." She smiled, and he also did the same. Jeongyeon embraced him in a tight and warm hug.

The sun finally sets, as the moon rises and it shines so bright. She looked up to see the sky, as it glistening with her eyes. She whispered to him.

"H-happy birthday, Taehyung."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[11:05 pm]

Lazily, Jeongyeon rolled on her bed, and looked at the ceiling. It's been 5 hours since her and Taehyung parted ways. Until now, she hasn't received any calls or message coming from him.

To ease her boredom, she decided to read something. She promised herself that she'll wait his message, to assure that he's safe. From glancing back and forth to her phone, she opened her favorite book.

Not until, she heard her phone ringing. And the number was registered to Taehyung's mom. She picked the phone, and answered.

Jeongyeon: Hello, auntie?

Auntie: [S-sweetie, are you
still with him? He hasn't come
back yet. We're so worried...]

She started to feel uneasy, and worried too.

Jeongyeon: N-no, it's been almost
5 hours since we both parted
ways. I'm also waiting for his
message, but too bad he isn't
online for 6 hours.

Auntie: [O-oh... I don't know where
the hell my son Taehyung is.
What is he's missing, what if—]

Jeongyeon: Auntie, please stop
overthinking. M-maybe, he just
come elsewhere to buy
something

Auntie: [We're planning to
surprise my son, but he's still
not here maybe we'll just
wait for a bit.
Sweetie, kindly call me if
he already messaged you,
okay?]

Jeongyeon: Y-yes auntie, kindly
update me too...

Auntie: [Okay, good night
Jeongyeon]

Jeongyeon: Good night.

The call ended, and Jeongyeon became anxious. As much as she wanted to wake Nayeon up and tell her about Taehyung, she wouldn't want to disturb her as well.

She couldn't sleep literally, so she stood up, and opened her laptop. Jeongyeon decided to flood him with messages and missed calls.

-------------------------------------

Best boy <3

Active 6 hours ago •

------------------ 11:15 pm -----------------

Best boy <3 missed a call from you.

Best girl :):

Hello, Taehyung?

Where are you?

Please, answer my calls and
messages

Best boy <3 missed a call from you.

Best girl :):

Tae? Where are you? :(

Auntie called me, and she's
asking me about you.

We are damn worried.

I'm so worried, please
message or call me, please
respond :(

Best boy <3 missed a call from you.

Best girl :):

Taehyung, please... respond

Hey, we are so damn hell
worried

Hey?

Hello?

Best boy <3 missed a call from you.

Best girl :):

Are you alright?

Best boy? Hey?

Kindly message me if you read
this message, ASAP.

Good night, Taehyung.

Best boy <3 missed a call from you.

Best girl :):

):

:(

Best boy <3 missed a call from you.

-------------------------------------

Where are you, Tae?

Jeongyeon kept on biting her nails, as she keep on pacing back and forth on the four corners of her room. She couldn't think properly, knowing that it's already late night out there, but her friend isn't home yet.

After a minute, she stopped, and decided to went down. She opened the fridge and took something on it.

All this time, she's been think about her friend. She literally has no idea where the hell he would go, and what happened to him. Jeongyeon desperately wanna see him.

She took a glass and filled it with water. After doing so, she stared at her close window. The house was a bit empty. She never heard silence quite this loud after all.

Is he alright?

CLANK!

The glass was accidentally hit by her, and it caused a great mess. It's broken pieces scattered on the floor, and her hand was also hit. It has a not-so-deep wound, and the blood keeps on flowing.

Instead of worrying about her wounded hand, and the scattered glass on the floor, Jeongyeon kneeled down, as her tears fall like a broken dam.

No, not because of the wound, but because she's worried about him, not showing any appearance at all. Not even a shadow of him was nowhere to be found, that added pain to the injury.

"Oh my gosh! Jeongyeon what is this mess? Are you alright down there?"

No response came out from her. She heard footsteps coming from the stairs. Meaning, her friend is going down. Her vision became a bit blurry because of endless falling of her tears.

"W-what happened here — oh, your hand is bleeding!"

Nayeon worriedly exclaimed, as she grabbed the tissue paper near them. "It's already late night, you should be careful—"

"N-Nayeon unnie..." She cut her words with pleading eyes.

"Why? What's wrong with you? Does is hurt?" She questioned, and the woman shook her head.

"T-Tae hasn't come back yet," she wiped her tears away. "Her mom called me, and it's true. That man hadn't read and respond to my messages yet. I'm so worried.".

Nayeon's eyes widen. "W-what?! How? I thought you and him were together?"

"W-we parted ways, and then up until now, I'm still waiting for his response. I don't know what to do a-anymore." Her voice cracked.

"Jeongyeon-ah, calm down, I think Tae is just there somewhere. Don't worry, he'll respond to you as soon as possible—"

God, please make sure that he's fine. He's safe...

"U-unnie, let's find him! I'm having a gut feeling that he's in danger! He needs us! Please!" She held her both wrist tightly, and pleaded.

Nayeon stared at her. She sighed exasperatedly. "L-let me dressed up your wound first, then let's talk about Tae's disappearance."

"But—"

"Your wound might get infected if we will not treat it immediately. Please, listen to me." The older pleaded, which the younger nodded, and the both go to the living room.

As soon as she sat down, Jeongyeon tried her very best to calm herself down, and wash away those negative thoughts lingering inside her head. Meanwhile, Nayeon took the first aid kit.

"You can tell me what happened, while I'm dressing your scratch."

"L-like what I'm saying earlier, remember I ask him to meet up with me, personally?" The older nodded. "We talked, and he confessed—"

Nayeon accidentally pour many amount of alcohol in her hand that made the younger one yell and wince in pain. "H-he seriously did?!"

"Y-yes..." She replied and hesitated to continue. But she still did. "And you know what's the biggest plot twist? I seriously know about his feelings for me for a long time, and — OUCH!"

The older accidentally messed up with the alcohol inside her hand. "W-what the fuck are you?!"

"C-chill unnie, hear me out first!" Jeongyeon defended herself, and rolled her eyes. "I was late that time. He's already dating Jennie, and I value our friendship more than anything else."

"So, I chose to pretend that I'm blind, deaf, and numb, but I'm actually not," she gave a small but sad smile. "And I also loved him — don't messed up with that alcohol again unnie — before."

Nayeon didn't respond. She just listen. "But, I treasure our friendship more than that pesky little feeling of mine — same as him."

She looked away, and chuckled bitterly. "And you know what's funny? I woke up one day, and all my love for him — more than a friend — is gone."

"But, me and Tae were fine now. My wish for his birthday is that someday, he would be able to fine the right and deserving woman for her." She speak, full of sincerity in her voice. "The only problem is..."

"...he's nowhere to be found."

Nayeon paused, and became serious. She held her hand tightly.

"I didn't expect this. But, believe me or not, but now I understand why you chose to ignore my teasing and my hints of saying that Taehyung felt something special for you. And I can't blame you for that."

Nayeon has already finished dressing up her wound. Jeongyeon looked at it, then back to her. "B-but, Taehyung is still nowhere to found. Maybe, we should—"

"Let's wait for a little bit," Nayeon shook her head, and held her hand. "Then, if he still haven't come back after 3-4 hours, then we will locate for him. But for now, let's sit here and wait for the perfect time. We cannot just go out, especially it's already dark outside."

The younger let out an exasperated sigh. "Alright, let me just call Taehyung's mom." She replied and took her phone out.

-------------------------------------

Auntie: [H-hello, Jeongyeon?
h-have you already seen
Taehyung?]

Jeongyeon: N-not yet.
How about you? Any updates?

Auntie: [No update yet...]

Jeongyeon: Oh no, what
should we do now?

Auntie: [Should we report
it to the police...?]

Jeongyeon: But, Taehyung
isn't missing for 24 hours
yet. We cannot report if
that's the case

Auntie: [How can we find my
son?]

Jeongyeon: Don't worry auntie,
me and Nayeon will try to find
him. But for now, we're just
waiting for the right time

Auntie: [O-okay... Please do
everything to find my only
son. I cannot bear to lose
him]

Jeongyeon: W-we will do
our best to find my best
friend. I promise.

Auntie: [Thank you, dear]

Jeongyeon: Welcome, auntie.

📞 The call ended.

-------------------------------------

"So, what did auntie said?" Nayeon asked, curiously.

"Even them has no idea where did he go. There's still no updates." She replied with a frown.

"Unnie, I don't know what to think anymore. Every minute passes by, I'm getting anxious, and I don't know anymore..."

"Jeong, listen to me," Nayeon held her hand tightly and speak firmly. "Don't worry. Taehyung is alright. Maybe, he's just there somewhere, or maybe he's just going to surprise us. Whatever you're thinking right now, drop them off."

Jeongyeon nodded, and didn't answered. She gently closed her eyes, and still... hoping.

I wish that you're safe, wherever you are.

* * *

December 31, 2016

[2:50 am]

"Unnie, many hours has already passed. I think we should see him now!" Jeongyeon yelled, anxiously. Nayeon looked at her.

"You're right. Maybe we should move now. Let's go!"

They fixed everything and move quickly. Jeongyeon was about to twist the doorknob, not until nshe heard her phone rang.

"W-wait, it's Taehyung!" She yelled, and the older stopped. She answered her phone, and turned on the speaker mode.

-------------------------------------

📞 Taehyung is calling...

Answer  | Decline

Jeongyeon: H-hello, Taehyung
where are you?

---: [Hello, miss?]

Her eyes furrowed, and turned to Nayeon, who also did the same.

Jeongyeon: W-who are you?
why are you holding my best
friend's phone?

---: [Hello, are you
Jeongyeon?]

They both started to get worried. Knowing that fact that the man who answered them, is not the man whom they're looking for.

Plus, the surrounding... sounds like there is a... police siren?

Jeongyeon: Y-yes, mister.
Who are you? Why are you
holding my best friend's
phone?

She stared biting her nails, especially when the siren was heard loudly and clearly.

There's something wrong here.

Oh no, I hope it's not—

---: [We are the police from
*** police station. We received
a report of a crime scene here.
A dead body of a man lying on
a pool of blood]

"P-police? And what? Crime scene?" Nayeon hissed at her best friend repeatedly, which made the younger shrug.

Nayeon mentally slapped her forehead as beads of sweats comes falling from her forehead. Meanwhile, Jeongyeon's heartbeat almost skip a beat.

Jeongyeon: W-what do you
mean? Crime scene?

---: [Yes, ma'am. It's either
a suicide or a murder case.
but it seems like it's the latter
one, since there are signs of
defense.]

Why is he telling me this things? We should be looking for Taehyung right now!

Please, don't.

Don't tell me...

No...

---: [And perhaps, I was
about to ask you if the victim
is...]

She felt that the older held her hand as tight as she could. Everything that is happening weird to them is not a coincidence.

Taehyung's disappearance, the police answering the call, and the mention of a crime scene is not something that they should disregard.

---: [...if the victim, or should
I say the dead man was someone
you know? Or someone who is
related to you?]

She didn't answer. The police went on.

---: [Based on his personal
information — his identification
card to be exact — his name
is...]

N-not him! Please...

The next thing that the police said from the other line made the world stop.

Their jaw dropped.

Her knees felt weak.

Her hands are both shaking in fear.

Both of them felt their heartbeat almost skip a beat.

No, this is not happening, right?

Her eyes welled up with tears...

---: [...Kim Taehyung.]

T-Taehyung...?

🥀 🥀 🥀

Featured Song: 'Count on Me' by Bruno Mars.

I don't exactly know what to feel. I cried. Guess what will happen next?

Btw, we're getting the near end. I think we only have 5-10 remaining chapters before the epilogue? I really planned this very well, so I already have an ending in mind. Let's see.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 511 32
Two different souls, who just want to live a peaceful life by fighting the odds of life. Unaware of how destiny works for them to become each other's...
26.7K 1.1K 48
"Promise me to stay by my side. Believe me while no one does and hold my hand while I am falling apart. Can you?" "Yah...what with that? It's weird...
155K 8.3K 43
"Do you think universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences. My life was full of chaos, the cha...
10.2K 718 34
HWASA X JIMIN FANFICTION "You will be mine tonight" ~ Jimin "Will you love me forever?" ~ Hwasa What happend when a two different people meet each ot...