Thank You, I Love You ✓

By winter_lover10

"I don't usually say I love you too." How would you like to end your own story? How can you say that your sto... More

Prologue
[01] Welcome, Senior High!
[02] A Dream
[03] Sitting Arrangement
[04] Math Problems
[05] The Math Wizard
[06] A Rainbow After The Rain
[07] Friends
[08] Two Choices
[09] Loser
[10] Flower
[11] Welcome to the Group
[12] Sunflower
[13] You're Welcome
[14] Comforting Words
[15] Anonymous Letter
[16] Team Building I (Hidden in Plain Sight)
[16] Team Building II (Ella Me Gusta)
[16] Team Building III (Venomous)
[16] Team Building IV (Strings of Melody)
[17] Ella Falló
[18] Definition of Love
[19] Pure Love
[20] A Familiar Tune
[21] Once Upon A Dream
[22] Listen
[23] A Calm Before the Storm
[24] The Party Begins
[25] Dead Flower
[26] Nightmare and Trauma
[27] Change
[29] Two Lines
[30] More than a Million
[31] Soiree
[32] Last Waltz
[33] Childhood Best Friend (Forever)
[34] Missing and Disappearance
[35] Forget-Me-Not
SPECIAL: Happy Birthday (A Letter) I
[36] Lost Colors
[37] Moving Forward
[38] The Man Behind
[39] Behind the Mask
[40] The Truth Unfolded
Epilogue
SPECIAL: Correcting Mistakes (The Traitor) II
SPECIAL: His Secret (The Witness) III
SPECIAL: For Her (A Letter) IV
Thank You, I Love You

[28] A Sign

164 13 7
By winter_lover10

A/N: A kinda long chapter. Around 3400+ words.

[Chapter 28]

"Jeongyeon, aren't you going to sleep?"

She turned to Nayeon who's looking at her, while her hands at her waist. Tonight, Nayeon insisted if she could sleep in Jeongyeon's house tonight.

Apparently, without hesitation, she agreed. She also need someone beside her. She sighed and shook her head as she stopped typing at the keyboard of her laptop.

"Later unnie. I'm going to finish our ppt for our presentation tomorrow."

A while ago, their professor group them into 3 groups, and assigned them different topics to discuss tomorrow. In senior high school — even junior high schools — presenting in front of class is normal.

Jeongyeon isn't part of Taehyung and Nayeon's group. Luckily, the subject that they're going to present is General Biology, and not anything that is related to Math.

So, she took the job of creating the slide, since she has some time to do it. She just asked some information from her group mates.

"Eh? Why are you doing that job? Don't you have group mates—"

"Nayeon unnie..." Jeongyeon sighed once again, and raised a hand. She gave her a small smile. "There's a reason why we call this a group activity. We divided the tasks."

"I didn't do all the job. I just took the job of creating our slide, my other members provided the information that I'm going to put on the slide, and others will present tomorrow. We're equal."

"How about your group unnie? Are you done?"

Nayeon nodded. "Yeah, our group leader created a slide. And each one of us will provide an information to fill out our slides."

"You know Google Slides right? Where you can create and edit a slide online? I already did my part, so I left the rest to them."

"Oh..." Jeongyeon nodded, without looking back. "Well, I'm creating our presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint, so I'm claiming the job here."

Nayeon sat beside her and removed her facial mask. For a reason, she's still worried about her, and her health.

"Jeongyeon, are you sure you are okay...?"

The younger stopped typing and turned to the latter, who's looking at her. Waiting for an honest answer.

"Of course, unnie." She gave a thumbs up, and blinked few times. "I won't go to school do tasks like this if I'm still problematic. You don't have to worry."

"Okay, let's say I'm convinced," she nodded, and held her hand. "How about your nightmares? Are those still bothering you?"

The younger stopped again, and bit the tip of the pen. For a moment, she couldn't answer her question, since she already know the answer.

"N-not really..." She shut her eyes closed and nodded. "What do I mean is, not all the times. Sometimes, I'll still dream of those. But, not as worse as before."

"At least there's an improvement," Nayeon sighed and relief and she squeezed her hand into hers as she smiled genuinely. "I'm so glad that you're doing your best to make things better."

"Unnie..." Jeongyeon hugger her so tight. She treated Nayeon as her elder sister. "T-thank you, for guiding me..."

"Aish, no problem. You're my best friend!"

And then, after having some chit-chats together, Jeongyeon quickly finished the presentation, and lay down. Nayeon is already sleeping beside her.

The light of the moon and the stars is reflecting around her room. She stood up, and walk towards the window.

As she looked up, it's like deja vu. Her eyes filled with tears again, as she remembered what happened between her and Jimin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 22, 2016

[01:00 pm]

"Can we talk...? Please?"

Jeongyeon turned to see him. There she saw Jimin catching his breathe, as he tried to catch up to her.

She remained still and stared at him. She didn't bother to reply, because she was surprised to see him.

"Can I talk to you?"

Jimin repeated, without stuttering. But deep inside, his whole body is trembling right now, as he received no reply from her.

"O-okay, maybe tomorrow."

Jimin smiled sadly, as he turned his back from her. He was about to take a step back, but when he heard her voice, that made her feel weird emotions.

"Don't go. Y-yes, we can talk."

* * *

She let herself swing in the swing while licking her vanila ice cream. They are at the play ground right now.

Jimin bought her some ice cream, even if she said no. Actually, they can talk inside the ice cream parlor, but he chose not to. He wants to talk to her in private.

So, he chose to talk to her at the play ground.

On the other hand, Jimin sat on the other swing beside her. He was also holding an ice cream — a strawberry flavor — as she looked up the sky.

"Jeongyeon, you can tell me everything."

Jeongyeon stopped swinging by landing her feet on the ground. She looked at her with a confusion written all over her face. She was about to reply, but he suddenly speak.

"You can spill everything to me. All your problems, since you didn't reply to my messages last month."

It's true, Jeongyeon never lay a finger on her phone or laptop, last month. She didn't reply to everyone, as she shut down everything.

There was silence. She didn't speak up, so Jimin walked towards her, as he kneel down and cried. He buried his face using both hands.

"I-I just want to see you happy again, Jeongyeon." He stopped and looked at her face with a teary eyes. "B-but, why is it hard to see those smiles on your face again?"

Her ice cream melted down, at the same time as her tears fall down. She didn't matter anyway. All matters is the man that is kneeling and crying over her right now.

She pulled him up.

"J-Jimin, why are you crying?" She asked after she pulled him up, she also stood up. She tried to sound normal. "I'm okay. Aren't you happy seeing me attending classes now?"

Jimin wiped his tears away and shook his head. "I know it's all fake."

"F-fake?"

"I know you're faking everything. You're showing everyone that you're fine, but the truth is, you're not."

Jeongyeon shook her head, as she bit her lower lip. "J-Jimin, what are you saying—"

"You're smiles aren't real. It forced, and fake. You only keep the mask to hide everything inside."

Jeongyeon sat down and let her tears fall once again. Now, the mask that she's been wearing for a whole day was gone.

"Y-yes, I admit that I'm pretending to be happy, and okay..." She stopped and wiped her tears away. "B-but, I need to move forward. I couldn't let these emotions stop me from living my own life."

"Should I stop living, just because of the trauma that I experienced? You're the ones who told me not to give up."

"And for I love you so much, to the point that I'm looking forward to see you each and every other day."

Jimin stopped and turned to her. "W-what?"

"I'm looking forward to continue living, for myself, my family, my friends, and my future." She continued, completely disregarding what she said.

"They say that a smile is the best way to hide pain," she smiled bitterly as she taste the salty flavor of her tears. "And that's what I'm doing right now."

Jimin couldn't believe what he was hearing right now. It was too much pain for an innocent girl who had nothing, but the best for her self.

But it was gone.

Or maybe lost?

"Y-you don't have to pretend," he finally broke the silence between them and walked towards her. "You can tell us your problems."

"Y-you can tell me everything..." Jimin wiped his tears away, and smiled softly to her. "I-I can be your shoulder."

He realized that Jeongyeon never opened up to him. It hurts, for an unknown reason.

"Jeongyeon, who am I to you?"

Jeongyeon turned to him, and surprised reaction can be seen in her face. Even though she can see him more than a friend, she knows that there are boundaries.

She smiled.

"Y-you're my... Friend."

Again, Jimin felt it again. He knows why. He already admitted to himself. He nodded as he speak and turned his back from her.

"I'm willing to help you recover, my friend."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry, Jimin..." Jeongyeon wiped her tears away and looked up. She knows the answer.

Or she's not sure what will happen in the future. But, all she wants right now is to move forward. But never forget.

She wants to have a peace of mind for a moment. No investigation, no school works, no problems. Just her, and the moon that gives light in the darkness.

She smiled bitterly.

I couldn't promise you... Or anyone else that I can show you my genuine smile, or I'll be genuinely happy again.

* * *

"How's your vacation, Miss Jeongyeon?"

Ms. Min, their newest General Biology professor has arrived. She knows about Jeongyeon's excuse by leaving the country for a vacation.

She was their new teacher as she replaced their old teacher, because their former teacher resigned. The student hadn't met her, except yesterday as she gave a task to be presented later.

Jeongyeon gave a short smile.

"G-great."

The teacher nodded, as she gave her a test paper for an exam. Jeongyeon asked for a special examination since she was absent or excused for 1 month and 3 weeks. That was too long.

She answered the 50-item questions confidently. Luckily, after finally finishing her ppt, she was still able to review the notes that Nayeon lend her.

Of course, she need to go with the flow.

Life goes on, as they always say.

After answering the whole test, she stood up, and gave it to her professor. The young woman smiled at her as the paper landed on her hand.

"Don't forget our presentation later okay, Miss Jeongyeon?" The teacher reminded with a smile that is as bright as the morning sun. "All groups will present today. Kindly remind them."

"Y-yes, Ms. Min."

She bid goodbye, and bow her head, as she walked inside their classroom. She announced to everyone about the presentation to be held later, and all groups are prepared.

Like usual, she started drawing something on her notebook. A flower. Her favorite one. She used to draw something like those when she's really bored.

After a minute, a crumpled paper landed on the floor as a furious Jeongyeon throw it there. She glared at the paper, but then she felt someone poked her.

"Noona why are you littering?" Jungkook asked and pointed at the crumpled paper on the floor. "And what's with your mood today?"

"Oh, that piece of—" but Jungkook frowned at her, so she sighed and pick up her trash. "Alright, sorry Kookie"

"So, how's your exam? We took that exam last 2 weeks!" Jungkook exclaimed at her.

"W-well, it's good," Jeongyeon nodded, and instead of drawing, she started writing the script for the presentation. "I reviewed Nayeon unnie's notes, so at least, I was able to answer the questions properly."

"How are you?"

Jeongyeon tilted her head from the younger guy who asked her. Since Jimin was sleeping while his head down to table, she could see Jungkook effortlessly. She gave a small smile.

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking."

Jungkook sighed and glanced at sleeping Jimin. "Glad to know that."

And then, after almost and hour, finally she already finished the script she made for her group mates to report in front of the class.

Of course, she won't be the one who's going to do it, since she already took the job of creating their ppt. It would be unfair if she would do it. Her group mates would have no grade.

Then, someone arrived. She greeted the class as she put her things down on the table.

"Good morning, class."

The teacher stood up properly, and Jeongyeon noticed that it was her General Biology teacher. She wasn't really familiar with her face, because she only met her twice.

Damn, I think this is the start...

"Remember I ask some officers to group you all into 3 groups, right?" The teacher asked, smiling.

"Yes." All answered in chorus.

"And I assigned different topics for you all to present here today. Am I also right?"

"Yes." All answered in chorus.

The teacher smiled, and turned to Rosé who's sitting in front because her name starts with letter C.

"Miss President, and Miss Secretary. I asked you two to group all of your classmates in to 3 right?"

Rosé stood up and nodded. "Yes."

Jeongyeon widened her eyes. She didn't know about that. She only thought that it was only Nayeon who group them. Now she knows why.

Oh, so that's the reason why Rosé and Jimin are having the same group.

But how? Nayeon unnie is there to stop her—

Oops, why do I sound like a jealous girlfriend? Aish!

For a moment, she became her usual self. Somehow, she felt happy. But then, whenever she remembered what happened to her, her face becomes gloomy all the times.

"Can I have a copy of the list of all members in a group?" Ms. Min asked politely, and Nayeon gave her a copy of the list.

The teacher fixed her spectacles as she scanned her eyes throughout the list. She nodded, and closed the notebook.

"Alright. So I only asked your secretary for the list, is because I'm going to grade you when you present. Always remember the criteria."

"60% is the content and the grammars. Of course correct grammar are also important, and it will be strictly graded. 20% is the presentation her in front."

Woah, I didn't know that she was so strict when it comes to grammars.

I suck.

"Meaning, if the one who presented in front was able to explain the topic well, then expec that you'll be able to achieve that 20%." The teacher nodded and continued.

"10% for the organization of ideas. And another 10% for the style and design of your ppt, for a total of 100%"

"Okay! So, let me just fix some things before we start. Group 1, get ready."

Jeongyeon watched Ms. Min fixing her things and took out her laptop. Somehow, she felt nervous even though she wasn't the one who's going to report.

"Group 1, let's start!"

It was Nayeon's group. She was with the same group as Taehyung, and now both of them will going to report. Jeongyeon smiled at them, and gave her two thumbs up, since it was the two of them.

Good luck, Nayeon!

Good luck, Taehyung.

She smiled as she remembered that during their junior high school times, Taehyung was always the one who's presenting in their group, since she always decline and she doesn't want to.

After the presentation of the first group, the teacher called out for the second group. She saw Jimin stood up from her side, and glance a bit to her.

She didn't notice this, but she released a small smile of good luck to him.

Jeongyeon took out the chocolate bar that Dahyun gave her a while ago. She unwrapped it, and she was about to take a bite, but when...

"Noona, can I have some?" Jungkook asked shyly as his cheeks turned red because of embarrassment or something. "S-sorry—"

"Here," Jeongyeon gave him a bar that he gladly accept. "Dahyunie gave it to me, but there's nothing wrong with sharing, right?"

"Yes, noona!"

Jeongyeon was about to ask him why he didn't report together with Jimin, but she remembered something.

Oh shit!

She walked her head bowing down to the other side, same row as them.

"Psst..."

She called the man many times, but he didn't turn around. So she called him by his name.

"Kyungsoo!"

The guy turned and frowned to her. "I thought that you don't know my name. My name is Kyungsoo, not psst." And he imitated how she called him.

Jeongyeon mustered a courage and apologized playfully. "Sorry hehe."

"But seriously, I'm here to ask you. Where's Vernon?" She showed him a piece of paper and a flash drive. "I'm going to give this to him since he was the one who's going to report for our group."

For a reason, Kyungsoo flashed a wide grin on her, and Jeongyeon knows why. "It's been a long time. You missed him, don't you?"

During on their elementary days — grade 3 to be exact — Vernon had a huge crush on her, and Jeongyeon also has the same. She even told Taehyung who just keep on saying that she's too young for having a crush.

But of course, it's just a crush. It's not something that is serious, plus it's been a long time.

"What the — I have no time for jokes. That's the reason why Nayeon unnie doesn't like you." Jeongyeon roamed her eyes around.  Where is he?"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Why are you asking me, why don't you try to look at the back, and see if Vernon is there."

Jeongyeon did what he said, and looked at the back. A frown plastered on her face in disappointment.

"Aish! How about Kai? Where is he?"

Kyungsoo grinned widely at her and tapped the vacant chair next to him. "Kai? Where are you? Kai~"

Jeongyeon slapped his arm, that made him laughed at her while pointing at her. "Can you see those two guys you were looking for? No? Too bad."

Back to reality, she became problematic anxious. "If they're not here, then who's going to present, aside from Jennie?"

Yes, Jennie Kim is part of their group. Not to mention that the groupings were arranged out of random.

"Why don't you present?" Kyungsoo asked her and shook his head. "Oh..."

Jeongyeon smiled at him. She knows that he likes Nayeon, and he's always teasing her with Vernon during their elementary days, and even high school days. She consider him as her friend outside their squad, but not that close one.

"Thank you baldy~" Kyungsoo used to be bald during their high school days. Jeongyeon walked away, but she could still hear him cursing.

And then, their turn came. Jennie started the reporting with her wide gummy smile. Meanwhile, Jeongyeon looked like she was frozen in her place. But the good thing is, her three friends cheering her up behind.

And it's her turn to speak.

"T-the plant cell and the animal cell—"

She wasn't able to continue when she felt something on her stomach. The class was interrupted, and the teacher looked at her with worried expression.

"Jeongyeon, are you alright?"

Jeongyeon covered her mouth, speak. "E-excuse me."

Nayeon, and Taehyung become worried. Nayeon was about to follow her, but her one classmate stopped her.

Meanwhile, Jungkook furrowed his brows a bit, but he wasn't surprised at all. He tried to stop the curve forming in his lips by taking a bite on the chocolate bar that she gave.

On the other hand, Jeongyeon ran so fast until she went inside the restroom. She closed the door, and went to the nearest sink.

She vomited continuously, with her eyes closed as she don't want to see that mess. She felt someone tapped her back, which is she was thankful for. Jeongyeon cleaned the mess and stared at the mirror.

"Are you sick or what?"

Jeongyeon turned around to see who owns that familiar voice. There, she saw a woman with a bangs covering her forehead. She stared at her for a moment.

Her eyes has dark circles, and she looks tired at all. She became a bit taller than before, but her face says that it seems like she's depressed. It looks like she cried for years.

It's also been a while since she last saw her.

But the only difference is, her voice sounds in a monotonous tone.

"L-Lisa? Is that you?"

"Are you pregnant?" Lisa replied, completely ignoring her sentiments earlier. "I'm just curious."

"W-what?!" Jeongyeon exclaimed, and widen her eyes. "What do you mean?"

"In this kind of situations — especially for woman — you only have to choose between the two. It's either you are sick... or you're pregnant."

Lisa clicked her tongue, still in monotonous tone. Her gloomy face turned to her and speak.

"So, which one is the thing that is happening to you right now?"

✿ ✿ ✿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475K 19.3K 58
❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precisely, two ex-lovers, meet again after thei...
10.2K 718 34
HWASA X JIMIN FANFICTION "You will be mine tonight" ~ Jimin "Will you love me forever?" ~ Hwasa What happend when a two different people meet each ot...
9.6K 1.2K 24
" Babygirl? " " Yes? " " You know I love you? " You are dating with Kim Taehyung a year now. Everything was great, your relationship was great. But...
138K 2.6K 26
A simple cute college love story which folds in a type of beautiful comforts and discomforts. love and maturity. "her one screeching 'hii' can make m...