Thank You, I Love You ✓

By winter_lover10

"I don't usually say I love you too." How would you like to end your own story? How can you say that your sto... More

Prologue
[01] Welcome, Senior High!
[02] A Dream
[03] Sitting Arrangement
[04] Math Problems
[05] The Math Wizard
[06] A Rainbow After The Rain
[07] Friends
[08] Two Choices
[09] Loser
[10] Flower
[11] Welcome to the Group
[12] Sunflower
[13] You're Welcome
[14] Comforting Words
[15] Anonymous Letter
[16] Team Building I (Hidden in Plain Sight)
[16] Team Building II (Ella Me Gusta)
[16] Team Building III (Venomous)
[16] Team Building IV (Strings of Melody)
[18] Definition of Love
[19] Pure Love
[20] A Familiar Tune
[21] Once Upon A Dream
[22] Listen
[23] A Calm Before the Storm
[24] The Party Begins
[25] Dead Flower
[26] Nightmare and Trauma
[27] Change
[28] A Sign
[29] Two Lines
[30] More than a Million
[31] Soiree
[32] Last Waltz
[33] Childhood Best Friend (Forever)
[34] Missing and Disappearance
[35] Forget-Me-Not
SPECIAL: Happy Birthday (A Letter) I
[36] Lost Colors
[37] Moving Forward
[38] The Man Behind
[39] Behind the Mask
[40] The Truth Unfolded
Epilogue
SPECIAL: Correcting Mistakes (The Traitor) II
SPECIAL: His Secret (The Witness) III
SPECIAL: For Her (A Letter) IV
Thank You, I Love You

[17] Ella Falló

206 18 0
By winter_lover10

[Chapter 17]

"Are you sure that you're now okay?"

Nayeon asked Jeongyeon if she's okay. It's been two weeks since the team building was cancelled. Two weeks since that incident happened.

Jeongyeon nodded in response.

"Yes unnie," She smiled. Back to the Jeongyeon's cheerful smile that they usually see. She pointed at herself. "Look at me, I look stronger than last two weeks."

She replied with a smirk, that made Nayeon rolled her eyes. "Yah, you made us all worried... Especially Taehyung—"

"Unnie!" Jeongyeon yelled at her. "Let's go, we'll be late, you don't want to be late, don't you?"

Nayeon shook her head. "I'm telling you the truth. I saw Taehyung cried... Even Jimin did—"

"Bye, unnie." Jeongyeon waved her hands, and walk toward the door, but Nayeon stopped her. "What?"

"Seriously?! Wait for me!" Nayeon yelled, and they both went outside. Jeongyeon stopped, and giggled at her. "I'm just kidding—"

"Ah, I'm sick of it, but yes, yes." Jeongyeon shook her head. "You're  always like that, unnie."

Nayeon clung on her arms, and smiled. "You really know me well huh?"

"Of course, you're my best friend, duh."

While they walking, Nayeon remembered something. "By the way, Jeongyeon." She called her and stopped. "Do you have an assignment?"

"What subject?"

"Philosophy."

Jeongyeon nodded, while holding at her notebooks. "Yes, why?"

Nayeon awkwardly laughed, and scratch her head. She looked down. "W-well, I forgot mine."

The latter confusedly asked her. "What do you mean? Did you left it—"

"No, what do I mean is..." The older unnie sighed and looked away. "I forgot to answer my assignment."

"Oh?" Jeongyeon slightly parted her lips, but then smiled. "Okay, you can copy mine — just change some lines, okay?"

"Woah, seriously?"

"Yes, why you don't like—"

"Ah no, of course I do!" Nayeon said and grinned from ear to ear. "Thank you so much, Jeongie! I'll treat you gummy bears later."

"Ah, thank you, and you're welcome, unnie."

* * *

"Here unnie," Jeongyeon took out her notebook where her assignment in Philosophy is written, and gave it to her best friend. "Don't copy all."

"Roger that, Jeongie~" she replied in a singsong tone, and write something. "By the way, Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon turned to Nayeon. They're already at the school, but Mr. Kim isn't around yet. "Yes?"

Nayeon squinted her eyes, and looked at the man beside her. She leaned closer to her, and whispered. "Have you noticed something weird on Jimin these past few days?"

Jeongyeon gave a puzzled look, and turned her head to Jimin's direction — who's busy reading his textbook. She shook her head and hissed back.

"Strange? I haven't."

"He seems to look more quiet now, than before." Nayeon shrugged her shoulders. "I have no idea, I just noticed it."

Jeongyeon turned back again to Jimin. She honestly noticed it, that he's more quiet than usual this past few weeks. She also saw his eyes, kinda red.

She gently tapped him to get his attention.

"U-uhm, J-Jimin?" Jeongyeon asked him, and the latter got startled. His expression are back to normal once again. "A-are you okay?"

Jimin carefully.closed his textbook and looked back at her. He jerked his thumb to himself. "M-me?"

"I-I'm fine, of course," he gave a fake smile. "Why?"

Jeongyeon squinted her eyes, still not convinced. "You said that your fine, but your eyes says you're not."

Don't lie to me, Jimin.

"Y-you don't have to hide what you really feel inside, Jimin," Jeongyeon said carefully and slowly. "W-we're here... I'm here... Willing to listen."

Jimin looked down, and smiled sadly. Even him, he has no idea what happened to him. All he knows is, he's not quiet, unlike before.

"Jimin, it's not like I'm forcing you to open up... But I just want you to know that, we're just here to listen. For whatever you want to say."

Jimin looked at her directly in the eye. He exasperatedly sighed. "It's about you."

Jeongyeon's eyes widen. She couldn't process the right words that she should reply. She just listen to him. "Remember what happened to you, two weeks ago?"

She nodded, so he continued. "I-I don't want to admit it, b-but," He sighed once again, and sadly looked at her. "I was really worried, and concerned about you that time."

"I'm worried about the 'what ifs?' and the fact that you're unconscious for 13 hours, imagine?"

"I-I honestly couldn't sleep that night. And, plus the fact that you received an anonymous note. It makes me panic, and it feels like I-I just..." He paused for a while, then continued.

"I want to look after you... And stay beside you."

Jeongyeon's lips parted. She didn't see it. She didn't expect that those phrases would escaped from Jimin's lips. She can see that the latter is being genuine in every word he's saying.

Her heart is palpitating loudly. She felt a thousands of emotions, and something o her stomach. She blinked many times.

She didn't want to expect.

C-can someone slap me at this moment? Am I dreaming? Did Jimin really said those things?

Did he also felt the same — okay, stop.

She looked down, and played her nails. She bit her lower lip. "I-it means that you're concerned that day?"

Her eyes wide open. She suddenly realized what she said. But it's too late.

"A-ah, I mean... Just nevermind—"

"Yes, I am." Jimin cut her words, but then, "I-I mean, w-we... We are! Yes, we are!"

Jeongyeon's lips parted, with her eyes wide open. She didn't expect that Jimin accidentally slipped those words from his mouth. She smiled and nodded to him.

See, Jeongyeon? He only see you as a friend.

Nothing more, nothing less. But at least, I couldn't deny the fact that it made me happy.

At least, he's concerned for me. And that's what matters.

"O-oh? Thank you," she beamed him a sweet smile, and nodded. "I do appreciate all of your simple efforts. Y-you guys, are really true—"

"Noona?"

Their conversation were interrupted, when someone called her attention. The man beside Jimin, who's smiling widely at them.

"Do you have an extra pen, noona?" Jungkook asked innocently, and smiles sheepishly at her. "May I borrow?"

"O-oh? Yes, Kookie, wait." She replied, and took out her pencil case, looking for a pen. She handed him to her. "Here—"

But then...

Jimin, get the pen from her hand. "I'll give it to him." He replied with a smile, and turned to Jungkook. He handed it to him. "Here, Kookie."

"O-oh? Thanks hyung," he thanked him, and the latter just nodded and smiled.

"Thank you for this noona. Don't worry, I'll give back to you, later." He thanked her with a wink.

"A-ah, okay." Jeongyeon replied and nodded her head. "Just make sure it won't be lost, okay?"

"Yes, noona."

Jimin looked at the younger boy, and then back to Jeongyeon. For a moment, he remembered the purple anonymous note that she showed to them, thru group chat.

He shook his thoughts away, and speak. Something that he didn't know, but he felt that he needs to.

"Jeongyeon,"

"Hmm?"

Jimin swallowed, and sighed. He smiled at her. And whispered something that he didn't expect that he would say. "Always remember that, whatever happens... I'll always be at your side."

"I'll protect you at all costs... I promise."

Jeongyeon looked at him for a while. Wondering what's wrong with him. But at the end, she genuinely smiled.

"T-thanks, Jimin."

Jimin looked at her directly in the eye, and smiled. Jeongyeon's heart once again beat faster and faster.

His smile — the only smile — that  makes my heart go crazy.

* * *

"Hey, Kim Taehyung, do you think, I will pass all of our subjects this semester?"

Jeongyeon asked her childhood best friend. Taehyung is currently sitting beside Nayeon — since her seatmate was absent — having a little chit chat with them. Taehyung nodded.

"Of course," Taehyung smiled at her, and nodded. But then, he realized what she said earlier. He frowned. "And by the way, don't call me Kim Taehyung."

"It's too formal for me. As if we're not close, eh?"

Jeongyeon laughed and giggled. Nayeon also did the same, and clapped her hands. "Taehyung, why so serious? Jeongyeon is just kidding, what the hell? HA HA HA!"

"Yes, unnie is right Tae," Jeongyeon stopped laughing, but she's still smiling. She rested her elbows. "I'm just kidding, don't take it seriously."

Taehyung smirked at her. "Since you love joking — no, you're a joker instead! — then, I can say that... I'll tell you honestly, I think you'll fail this semester."

Jeongyeon's eyes widen in horror. She covered her mouth. "W-what the hell?"

For a moment, they both locked themselves in a staring contest. Taehyung was the first one who looked away, and laughed out loud.

"J-Je... Jeongyeon," Taehyung bursted out on laughter, that made the two girls frowned at him. He pointed at the girl in front of him.

"L-look at your face, it looks like you're about to cry, HA! HA! HA!"

Jeongyeon slightly hit his arm, and glared at him. "H-hey, I'm serious this time." She frowned. "And, I just want to know your opinion, or thoughts, duh!"

"Okay..." Taehyung leaned closer to her, and shook his head. "Aish, why don't you just simply trust yourself? Your gut feelings?"

Jeongyeon became silent. For a moment, she asked herself if she truly trust herself.

Do I really trust myself?

Or, even I doubted myself?

Which one?

"O-of course, I do," she looked away. Actually, she's not really sure about it. "B-but, still, I just want to know your point of view."

Taehyung sighed, and raised his two hands in surrender. "Okay, so..." He whispered something to her. "Seriously don't worry about it, you'll pass all the subjects."

"R-really?" She asked, unbelievably. "Including General Mathematics, and Precalculus?"

"Yes."

"Oh, come on, Tae." Jeongyeon groaned, and shook her head. "Stop sugarcoating your words."

Taehyung shook his head. "No, I'm not. I trust my gut feeling. You better trust yours."

Then, a sudden realization hits her. She smiled at him, and nodded. "Y-yeah, you're right. I know I passed the preliminary examination!"

"That's my girl!" Taehyung exclaimed and gently and softly ruffled her hair. "Just always remember, trust yourself. Trust the process."

She smiled at him and nodded. She really appreciated the fact that he's always there for her. Supporting her for whatever she wants to do in her life.

Even the smallest, and simplest things.

"By the way," Taehyung snapped his fingers, and worriedly faced her. "Are you still receiving a letter from the unknown—"

"No, I haven't," she cut whatever he's going to say. "And please, just don't mind that thing. It's not bothering me anymore."

He saw her expression and reaction quickly changed because of the topic, so he apologized. "I-I'm sorry."

Jeongyeon smiled at him and nodded. "It's fine. But, I think I'm not in a mood to talk about that. It made my skin hair raised for a moment."

"And, I don't want to remember whatever the message is written on that note. Maybe there's just someone who's playing tricks on me. It's not really alarming nor serious."

"Y-yeah, you're right," Taehyung awkwardly nodded, and smiled. He decided to divert the topic. "By the way, have you done your assignment? On Philosophy?"

Jeongyeon beamed a smile. She shot a quick glance at Nayeon and nodded. "Yeah, and besides, Nayeon unnie copied my work."

Taehyung's eyes widen, still trying to process whatever she said.

What the hell? Did I heard it right? She used 'Nayeon unnie', 'copied my work', in one sentence?!

"What?!" Finally, Taehyung was able to process a reply. He glared at Nayeon who's sitting beside him. "Did you just copied her work?!"

Nayeon's lips parted, and shot a glance at Jeongyeon who just shrug her shoulders. She quickly denied.

"N-no! Of course, but I didn't copied all. I just paraphrase it!" She said in defense. Then, she turned to Jeongyeon. "Right?"

"I don't know," she shrugged her shoulders, that made the older frowned at her. "How would I know, if you're sitting at the back?"

Nayeon didn't realized that thing. She nodded. "Yeah, you're right," and then, turned to Taehyung.

"Did you hear that mad guy? I didn't copy all words that was written on her work." She emphasize the word 'all'.

"Yah, you two," Taehyung pointed his two girl-friends, and shook his head. "Stop cheating, and copying each other's work. "That's bad, don't you know?"

Nayeon widen her eyes, as he turned to him. But then, a smirk appeared on her lips. "Really huh? Coming from you?"

She continued. "Yoo-hoo! Said by someone who used to let Jeongyeon copy his homeworks way back in highschool—"

"Oh, my gosh unnie!"

"What the heck, Nayeon!"

"Oops, sorry," the oldest apologized, but not sincerely. "I accidentally spilled it, hehe~"

Jeongyeon mentally slapped her forehead, while Taehyung is throwing glares at Nayeon. "Uh unnie, maybe that's the reason why Jin oppa doesn't like you—"

"Okay, next joke!" Nayeon cut her words, and irritatedly rolled her eyes. Sarcasm is visible in the way she talks. "It's so funny, very funny."

Their conversation suddenly interrupted, when a woman entered the room. She is, their Precalculus and General Mathematics teacher. Ms. Lee.

Good morning, class," Ms. Lee greeted the whole class, with a big smile. She's holding papers with her. The students reciprocate the greetings, and she went on. "Your exam results are here."

Students started murmuring, and second guessing what the results might be. Some are already having their violent reactions, while someone there is...

Feeling anxious, about the results might be.

So... This is it? The moment? Oh gosh I don't really know what would be my reaction.

Oh, Lord please.

"So," Ms. Lee waited for the class to be silent before proceeding. "Let's discuss first about your results in General Mathematics."

Ms. Lee showed everyone the pink envelope that she's holding right now. She scanned the pages, and nodded. "So far, all of you passed."

"But, I want to congratulate Mr. Park Jimin for having a perfect 100/100 result in the examination!" The teacher clapped, and the students followed her.

Jimin thanked the teacher, and then, she proceeded. "Okay, class. Quiet."

"The moment of truth," students noticed the changes in their professor's expressions. "But in Precalculus..." Her eyes scanned the another folder. The blue one.

"Not all of you passed," she sadly shook her head. "Someone failed here in your class."

Students started murmuring once again, having violent reactions, and second guessing who that student might be. The class began wild, so the teacher shut them up.

"Listen everyone," she called them out. "I won't reveal how many student/s failed, and the score. I'd rather keep that for myself."

They all nodded, and Ms. Lee started discussing. Jeongyeon felt someone tap her.

"Jeongyeon," Jimin called her out, and she turned to him. "Whatever you're thinking, don't."

"It's not you, I assure you."

Jeongyeon couldn't process any reply, so she just simple gave him a short smile. Honestly, she already feel that she really failed in their Precalculus subject.

But then, she's hoping that she's wrong.

"Miss Yoo?" Ms. Lee called out her attention. She's already done discussing their topic, and now the class are having a group activity. "Can I talk to you, for a while?"

Jeongyeon sighed, as she stood up and walked towards her teacher. She almost got choked by her own saliva because she kept swallowing.

"Later, after the class, kindly go to the Mathematics department." She instructed. "And since it's just lunch time, I just want to talk to you, for a moment."

Jeongyeon nodded, and bit her lower lip. Her hands were shaking. She already had an idea about the thing that her teacher wants to talk about, but she decided not to conclude.

She's hoping that whatever it is, she's thinking the wrong thing.

* * *

Jimin is wondering around, alone. It's been an hour since Jeongyeon left the room. Of course, he's also looking for her. Hitting two birds with one stone.

But then, when he passed by the green house, he saw a familiar figure. Sitting down alone, while staring at a large, conspicuous, trumpet-shaped, with five petals.

And, he already knew who is that person, so he went towards her and approached her.

"Jeongyeon, I've been looking for you — are you alright, what happened?" Jimin asked her with a hint of concern in his voice. He gently wiped her tears with his soft hands. "Why are you crying?"

Jeongyeon didn't answer, and she just simply handed him a paper. Jimin scanned his eyes, to see what's written in their. His jaw dropped. "J-Jeongyeon..."

"I-I know," Jeongyeon smiled bitterly at him, and nodded. "I already know. No need to pretend, and be blinded."

She shut her eyes closed, as she remembered what happened in the office, one hour ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour ago...

"Miss Yoo Jeongyeon, I want you to look at this," Ms. Lee handed her a paper, and showed it to her. "I couldn't believe this."

Jeongyeon immediately roamed and scanned her eyes around the paper. Her jaw dropped, and tears started falling from her eyes.

Her vision got blurry. She couldn't even hear what Ms. Lee is saying.

Preliminary Examination Results on Precalculus: 20/100.

Jeongyeon couldn't accept the fact that her score didn't even reach a half of 100.

She smiled bitterly at herself, and nodded her head. Her chest is tightening, but she couldn't feel at all. She don't care anymore if her test paper would be wet because of her tears.

She's a failure.

She failed.

✿ ✿ ✿

Hello, I just want you to know that I'll stick to my original plot. I won't change anything.

And by the way, I'm literally dropping hints and clues, did you noticed it? I hope you did. (✿^‿^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 8.3K 43
"Do you think universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences. My life was full of chaos, the cha...
476K 19.3K 58
❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precisely, two ex-lovers, meet again after thei...
19.7K 727 40
Top ranking #1 Kim yoojung #2Jungkooklove #2Don'tleaveme Completed story This story is about three people Ahn ha na Kim Taehyung Jeon jungkook Thi...
26.7K 1.1K 48
"Promise me to stay by my side. Believe me while no one does and hold my hand while I am falling apart. Can you?" "Yah...what with that? It's weird...