ISHQ ZAAT

By poetxhs

Alam e Muhabbat - عالمِ محبت ✹ 𝗡ineteen-year-old Anabiya Khan is a lovely definition of purity. Sheltered... More

INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS | کِردار
0 | Bazi e Qalb || بازئ قلب
۱
۲
٣
۴
۵
۶
۷
۸
۹
۱۰ | Larzish e Ehsaas || لرزشِ احساس
۱۱
۱۲
۱۳
۱۴
۱۵
۱۶
۱۷
۱۸
۱۹
۲۰ | Talkh e Zindagi || تلخِ زندگی
A/N
۲۱
۲۲
۲۳
۲۵
۲۶
۲۷
۲۸
۲۹
۳۰ | Alam e Muhabbat || عالمِ محبت
۳۱
۳۲
۳۳
۳۴
۳۵
۳۶
۳۷
۳۸
۳۹
۴۰ | Ishq Zaat || عِشق ذات
۴۱
۴۲
Finale || اِختتام
Epilogue

۲۴

21.5K 1.4K 1.1K
By poetxhs

بے بسی

𝐁𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐢: 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
noun: powerlessness revealed by an
inability to act.

عِشق کو پی جا، عِشق کو اُتار اندر
تو باقی نہ رہے، رہے بس یار اندر۔

𝗜𝘀𝗵𝗾 𝗸𝗼 𝗽𝗲𝗲 𝗷𝗮, 𝗜𝘀𝗵𝗾 𝗸𝗼 𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗮𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿
𝗧𝘂 𝗯𝗮𝗮𝗸𝗶 𝗻𝗮 𝗿𝗮𝗵𝗮𝘆, 𝗿𝗮𝗵𝗮𝘆 𝗯𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗮𝗮𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿

• • •

THE GIRL WOKE UP TO THE LOUD SCREAMS OF FALAK. SHE QUICKLY WORE HER SLIPPERS AND DUPATTA TO RUSH OUTSIDE. A gasp left out of her lips as the view came to her sight.

It was Hassan.

Miserably beaten to pulp, he was thrown to the ground by a guard. Anabiya's eyes zeroed over the man standing by the spectacle with a blank look on his face, his gaze trained on Hassan as well.

"Bhai aap aisay kesay kar saktay hain?!" Falak cried out, hot tears continued running down her face.

Hassan couldn't manage to move an inch or even feel his limbs at all. Every part of his now bruised body hurt badly.

Jalal Shah's eyes soullessly observed the scene.

Anabiya could see the red rimmed eyes and the lost look on his face, a part of her heart started aching involuntarily. "Mein aap ko kabhi maaf nahi karu gi bhai, kabhi nahi!" Falak's tears paused as she took a deep breath before screaming out loud, venomously.

Jalal Shah's brain had stopped comprehending surroundings since last night.

He wasn't able to sleep at all, a gnawing feeling continued making him more and more miserable. He didn't went after Anabiya at all, but even if he did, he was aware that he'd have absolutely no explanation for his impulsive behaviour of last night.

He had forgotten the anger for Hassan and Falak as the new problem settled in. Hours passed by and the first thing he did early in the morning was to call the inspector and free Hassan. He couldn't understand himself how had he forgotten about Hassan in all of his rage.

He couldn't ever even think of hurting his boy. The one he had nurtured himself but his ego had won over his emotions.

"Dafa hojao yahan say, gairat hui tau ainda baad meray saamnay aanay ki himmat mat karna aur ...

... aur issay bhi sath le jao" He forcefully took out his words while addressing Hassan.

Jalal Shah didn't stay in his position after grunting out his words and turned around to leave when his eyes connected with the girl standing upstairs.
He tried searching for any kind of coalition but Anabiya on the other hand was furious.

She shook her head and looked at him with such distaste that it had him shaken to core.

He managed to turn his head away and gulp the painful bile down his throat. He couldn't meet her stare. He was that ashamed.

His head throbbed with such an excruciating pain that only he knew how much hard was it for him to even stand still on his feet. Anabiya quickly left back to her room and they all heard the door slam shut.

The pounding pain intensified and he placed his hand on the wall next to him to gain back leverage before finally leaving out of the mansion himself.

Falak quickly moved towards Hassan and cradled his head in her laps. Her sniffles didn't cease as she gently caressed his beaten face. Soft murmurs of apologies were being chanted and heard all across the wide hall room.

Anabiya entered her room and quickly fell down on her knees.

Tears ran across her face as she plead to her lord for Jalal to change his decision somehow. Truth be told, she still had hope.

دل دھوکے میں ہے
اور دھوکےباز دل میں۔

𝖣𝗂𝗅 𝖽𝗁𝗈𝗄𝖺𝗒 𝗆𝖾𝗂𝗇 𝗁𝖺𝗂
𝖠𝗎𝗋 𝖽𝗁𝗈𝗄𝖺𝗒 𝖻𝖺𝖺𝗓 𝖽𝗂𝗅 𝗆𝖾𝗂𝗇.

❏ ❏ ❏

Noor got up from her bed. Daryab Khan was still sound asleep. A smile tugged on her lips as her eyes ran across his features.

He could never understand how much she felt for him.

She tiptoed out of her room. A beaming smile was constant on her face but it soon shifted to a scowl when she saw the person working in the kitchen.

It was Gul bano's minion.

Zuleikha was cutting vegetables when she saw Noor entering.

Plastering a fake smile on her face Noor moved towards the fridge and started taking out things to prepare breakfast for Daryab.

Zuleikha was sneakily looking at the actions but Noor caught her stare eventually. Clearing her throat, she quickly called out. "Daryab ghar nahi aye thay raat ko kya, Zuleikha?"

"Na Noor baji, hamain tau kuch maloom nahi hota!" Noor's question had taken Zuleikha by surprise and rendered her confuse. Zuleikha then eyed the breakfast being settled on the tray and Noor fought an urge to smile.

"Mein Ammi kay sath nashta karu gi. Tum baki sab kay liye nashta bana dena!"

Zuleikha cleverly sneaked out of the kitchen while Noor was busy pouring tea in the kettle and as if was waiting for the situation, quickly followed her behind.

Zuleikha then entered Gul bano's room while Noor hid outside of the room's door to hear the conversation more clearer.

"Kuch pata chala?" She heard Gul bano ask. "Nahi bibi g, Abhi tak tau kuch pata nahi chala. Lekin shayad Daryab Sahab raat ko ghar nahi aye thay!" Zuleikha replied back and then continued briefing the woman about the whole scene.

A smirk covered Noor's lips as she left the scene.

The girl entered the room to find her husband already freshened up and on the bed, waiting for her.

"Nashta banaya hai Meinay aapkay liye!" Noor boasted out with a glee and a chuckle broke out of Daryab Khan. "Iski zaroorat kya thi? Neechay sab kay sath kar letay ham dono?" He offered politely while making space on the bed for food.

"Aur Agar uss dayan ko pata Chal jaata kay aap raat ko meray sath thay tau wo phir say aap say larna shuru hojaati!" Noor thought to herself.

They finished the breakfast together in an light atmosphere. Noor kept on thanking her lord in heart for making her husband warm up to her. She then saw him getting up and quickly asked out. "Daryab, charta ze?" [qwhere are you going?]

"Baba nay bulaya hai. Keh rahay hain koi zaroori baat karni hai." He informed her and moved towards the door.

"Daryab?" Noor called out suddenly and the man paused.

He watched her walk towards him and shyly wrap her arms around his waist. The warmth emitting from her body stirred something differently new and deep within him.

He then pulled her away gently before cupping her cheeks in his palms. The captivating grey eyes clashed with his brown ones and he was mesmerised.

"Che bass har waqt sta pa stargo ke dub we, dil!" [I wish to be lost in your eyes for eternity]

The husky hypnotic voice spoke to her in multitudes, the meaning of the words had her eyes glistened with tears and that was enough to bring Daryab back out of his daze.

He gently moved his arms around the tiny figure and engulfed her in an hug.

And just like that all thoughts and worries had evaporated into thin air for the man as the familiar scent of apples surrounded his frame. He placed his chin atop of her head and allowed them to be as closest as possible to each other.

❏ ❏ ❏

Falak had left with Hassan right away.

The driver stopped right outside Hassan's house and Falak looked out of the window for a better view. The single storey house looked decent in its neighbourhood.

It all seemed so foreign to her.

Hassan winced slightly while getting out of the car and Falak immediately came to his side to help him.

She supported him towards the house. Hassan pressed the doorbell once and the door was opened instantly.

A respectable aged woman opened the door and her eyes widened on accord after seeing the state of the boy. "Hassan!" She cried out while embracing him in a hug.

The woman hadn't bothered acknowledging Falak at all but the girl still followed them inside.

She saw the affectionate woman moving her hands across his frame frantically while begging him to let her know what had happened to him or where he was last night.

Guilt hit her like a bullet and she lowered her head in shame. She was the sole cause of the whole problem.

"Ammi, mein theek hun. Aap pareshan mat hoye!" Hassan tried consoling but the woman in question was in her most stubborn form. "Aisay kesay theek ho? Haalat dekho apni. Mera dil band hojayega Hassan, mujhay kuch tau Batao?!"

"Ammi w-wo, sir nay nokri say nikaal diya hai" he voiced out finally in a lowered voice.

"Y-yeh Jalal Saeen nay kiya hai Tumharay sath? Haan? Baat kya hui thi mujhay Batao tau sahi? .... aur yeh larki kon hai?" Zahida finally eyed the girl standing in the corner.

"Ammi y-yeh aapki bahu hai!" He nervously called out and the hand that was pressing the ice bag next to his face froze immediately.

"Kya bakwas kar rahay ho tum?" Zahida lashed out loud and Hassan placed a hand onto his ear. "Ammi cheekhay tau mat, sab samjhata hun, ..Falak aap samnay walay kamray mein chali jaye, mein aata hun thori dair tak!"

Falak hesitantly nodded before leaving out of the room.

She sat down on the queen sized bed. The room wasn't very spacious or fancy. Pale white walls spoke of melancholy. For the furniture, a dressing table with a mirror was placed on one side of the room.

A single small wooden bed side table with a jug filled with water and glass next to it. Falak quickly filled the water in the glass and eased her parched throat.

Tears pricked in her eyes as the words of her brother once again rang through her mind. He had always loved her. How could he become so heartless all of a sudden? Was her fault so big that it got considered as an unforgivable sin?

Minutes shifted to an whole hour but Hassan still hadn't come back.

She became a little concerned and impatient so she left the room herself. The voices became louder as she moved closer towards the room she had initially walked into. She stopped right outside the room, the mother and son were settled on the sofa with their backs towards her.

Hassan had his head in the woman's lap as she stroked her fingers gently through his hair. Falak heard a muffled hiccup and a little shaking figure. It wasn't long before she realised that Hassan was in fact ... crying.

"Ammi-ammi m-meinay kuch jaan booj kay nahi kiya. Aap janti hai na kay mein unki kitni izzat karta hun? Kitna maanta hun mein uss shaks ko!"

She heard the man's broken voice as he breathed out and the woman sitting with him nodded with softened features while looking at her son.

"Aj jis nazar say unhon nay mujhay dekha tha, mera dil kiya tha Mein khud ko maar du. Meinay h-hamesha say k-koshish kee hai kay unka bharosa unka maan mujh pey mazboot rahay. Unkay fakhar ko qaim rakhu.

Uper Allah aur neechay shuru din say sirf Jalal Shah ko apna sab kuch maana hai. P-phir yeh sab k-kesay hogya ammi?" He cried out loud and Falak couldn't stop her tears as well.

"Ammi ki jaan, mein baat karu jaakar?" Zahida gently asked and Hassan got up immediately.

"N-nahi, aap nahi jaye gi." He roughly wiped away his tears and grabbed her hands in his own. "Mujhay Kehtay hain k-kay agar gairat hui tau Mein kabhi unkay pass nahi jaunga, l-lekin mein jaunga. Roz jaunga, har roz mafi maangu ga. Dekhna wo mujhay maaf kar day gay. Mein jaanta hun kay wo mujh say ziada dair kay liye naraaz nahi reh saktay!" He spoke out with finality and determination.

"Aap jaanti hain na Ammi kay meinay kitni qadar ki hai uss banday ki. Jalal Sir ko mein chor hee nahi sakta. Meinay iss zindagi mein sirf uss shaks ki nazar mein apnay muqaam kay liye dua kee hai, aur Aj-Aj Aisa lag raha hai jaisay ...

mujh say sab kuch cheen liya ho, mera dil dard kar raha hai ammi!"

His words went piercing through Falak's heart. That was more than enough to hear. She couldn't stay any further and Falak quickly moved away and ran back to her room.

A painful realisation completely shattered her. She had gotten her love ..... but at what cost?

❏ ❏ ❏

Anabiya arrived at haveli while Jalal Shah remained oblivious to her departure.

She went straight to her mother's room and found her sitting on the bed with Quran in her hands. Amna completed the verse before quickly getting up and embracing her daughter in an warm hug.

Anabiya felt as if all of her burdens had eased immediately right after getting into the arms of her mother.

Amna pulled back and kissed her forehead. "Kesi ho?" Anabiya smiled back and took her mother's hand before taking her towards the bed where they both settled down.

They talked about for a while before Amna questioned her herself. "Jalal drop kar kay gya hai?"

Anabiya decided on leaving the problem out of the conversation and politely responded back in an negative with a smile. "Nahi ammi, w-wo busy thay. Tau Mein driver kay sath hee agayi!" Amna nodded back with understanding.

Noor entered her mother's room and was surprised seeing her sister.

"Api? Aap yahan kab ayi?" A large smile slid on her face as she quickly rushed towards her sister. A chuckle broke out from Amna after seeing the girl's bright face with all the happiness.

"Kuch hee dair pehlay ayi thi. Tum Batao, Kesi ho? Aur lala kesay hain?" The teasing voice didn't go unheard by Noor who blushed bright with a crimson colour. "Wo tau bohut achay aur pyaaray hain!" She replied back confidently without a second thought.

Amna's chuckle turned into a laughter pretty easily. "Kesi koi besharam hai yeh larki. Jab dekho tau bus apnay miyan ki tareefay hee karti rehti hai!"

"Haan tau jhoot tau nahi bolti!" Noor's stubbornness remained intact. "Ammi aapi ko shawls tau dekhaye jo mein layi thi?" Noor shifted the conversation and giddily addressed her mother.

"Haan bhaye, ab hamari noor nay b chadar rakhna shuru kar diya hai. Mein tau tumhay batana hee bhool gayi thi, ruko zara mein dikhaati hun!" Amna spoke out through a large smile and Anabiya's heart eased with contentment.

As soon as Amna had left Noor quickly moved forward. "Ab bataye, kya baat hai?" She whispered out curiously.

This took Anabiya by a surprise, "Kya Matlab tumhara? Theek tau hun!" She quickly replied back.

"Jhoot na bolay, Jalal jeeju aap ko kabhi akelay nahi bhejtay" she stated as a matter of fact and Anabiya blew out air in frustration. "Noor, Aj nahi chorra tau koi bari baat nahi" she tried helping out but her sister remained consistent with her original statement.

"Nahi nahi, koi baat hui hau zaroor. Meray jeeju tau itnay achay hain, agar unhay pata hota tau wo zaroor sath aatay, itnay qadar karnay walay hain wo!"

Something snapped in Anabiya. "Tum kyun unhay har baat mein Ley aati ho? Jab dekho Jalal Jeeju, Jalal Jeeju ... Tang aajati hun mein tumharay iss jeeju-naamay say!"

Noor flinched back at the harsh tone.

Amna closed the wardrobe while holding the bag and was about to leave the dressing room when the conversation entered her ears, and she paused.

"A-aapi koi-koi baat hui hai? Kuch kahan hai unhon nay aapko?" Noor quietly asked out now as if trying to calm her sister down but Anabiya's fury had been triggered to max now. "Kaha?" She chuckled out mockingly,

"Wo tau hath b utha gaye thay aj, lekin chalo shukar khud hee ruk gaye" she spat out the words but her eyes widened as she saw her mother entering the frame.

Noor was about to reply back when Anabiya pinched her hand lightly and Noor too became aware of her mother's presence. Their mother's expression looked impassive. Anabiya mentally prayed that she hadn't heard anything.

"M-meinay saalan charhaya hua hai, mein aati hun thori dair tak" Noor nervously drawled and immediately left the room, successfully escaping the situation.

"Yeh tum Noor ko kya bata rahi thi Anabiya?" Amna spoke out her words carefully while sitting in front her daughter on the bed.

Anabiya's face turned white as sheet.

"A-ammi k-koi baat nahi hai, w-wo Noor ka tau pata hai aapko, itni ziddi hai, meray bhi munh say yeh baat pata nahi kesay nikal gayi" Her poorly constructed explanation had her mother look at her in astonishment.

"Tum apni hee ammi say baatay chupa rahi ho? Kya hamari koi hesiyat nahi rahi tumhari zindagi mein?"

Anabiya looked at her in shock. "Ammi aisi baat nahi hai. Aap log hee tau meri zindagi kay wahid sahaaray ho!" She grabbed her mother's hand and kissed the back of them.

Tears covered her eyes as her gaze turned down. "Meray shohar hain woh, unka parda rakhna mera farz hai. Aur unkay khilaaf kisi ki bhi baat mujhay bardasht nahi ho paati, ... meri baat ko bhi tau samjhay na Ammi?" She croaked out helplessly.

Amna remained quiet and looked at her daughter in wonder.

A silence registered in for a few minutes before Amna cut it away herself. "Yeh sab tumnay kahan say seekha Anabiya? Meinay tau aisa kuch bhi nahi kabhi seekhaya tumhay?" She whispered out.

Anabiya sniffled lightly before wiping away a few fallen tears. "Kisi nay mujhay kuch nahi sikhaya Ammi, yeh sab kuch tau khudbakhud meri fitrat mein shaamil hogya hai. Mein nahi jaanti kesay magar mein issay badal nahi sakti, naa hee badalnay ki koi chah hai" The words came out hoarse due to the tears.

"Baat jo b ho Anabiya, uss nat tum pey hath uthaya hai. Ek dafa agar mard ka Hath uth jaye tau-"

"uthta chala jaata hai, mein jaanti hun Ammi. Lekin baat Jalal ki horahi hai. Wo baki mardon say mukhtalif hai.

aur aap say kis nay kaha kay unhon nay maara hai mujhay? Sirf uthaya tha, mujhay choonay say pehlay hee unhon nay peechay kar diya tha apna hath!" Anabiya's voice gained back sobriety.

"Anabiya tum in waderon ko nahi jaanti, inka dil ek jagah nahi rukta aur jaisay hee mann bhar jaye tau bohut asaani say dusri aurat ki taraf maayal jo jaata hai!" Amna remained rooted to her original statement.

"Ammi aap sach keh rahi hain, mein nahi janti ziada. Lekin Jalal ko sab say ziada Jaanti hun.

Jalal bakiyon jaisay nahi hain. Wo shaks jis kay sath kal raat mera waqt guzra? Wo tau mera Jalal tha hee nahi!

Wo tau sharaab aur taakat kay nashay mein choor koi aur hee tha. Mera Jalal tau wo hai jis nay had Mein reh kar beyhad chaha mujhay! Meinay tau sirf uss say muhabbat ki magar us nay tau sachay dil say ishq kiya! Sirf meri tawajja ki talabgaari ki, jis nay bina kisi khauf aur tamam dushmani ko akelay sar letay huay mujhay apnaya!"

Her eyes held so much passion and love that Amna knew that she had lost the argument.

"Agar itna acha hota tau apnay kiyay par maafi zaroor maangta" Amna spoke out ignorantly and Anabiya released a breath.

"Haan, zaroor kartay, aur agar maaf na karti tau shayad ...

Lekin abhi unhay khud say nazray milaatay huay bhi sharam aarahi hai. Mein yeh bhi jaanti hun kay wo shaks iss waqt bohut bikhra para hua hai. Mein ussay samait lu gi magar Mein jaan gayi hun kay meinay kya karna hai ab, Jalal ko sirf ek hee cheez sahi kar sakti hai, aur wo hai meray say doori"

"Jab unka ehsaas e nadamat barh jaye ga tau wo Hassan aur Falak kay liye bhi dil ko naram kar lay gay, unkay sath tau waqaye hee zyadti hui hai Ammi!" Anabiya opened her heart out to her mother and finally narrated the whole incident.

"Mushkil hee hai kay Hassan ko wo ab maaf karay" Amna spoke out, realising the severity of the situation.

"Ammi wo Hassan aur Falak ko apnay betay aur beti ki tarah chahtay hain, waqti ghussah hai par Insha'Allah yeh bhi khatam hojaye ga"

Amna smiled before replying back in an Insha'Allah. She moved forward and kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Meri beti itni jaldi Bari hogayi Aur Mujhay iss baat ka andaza bhi nahi hua, Anabiya, mein khush hun kay tum itni mutmayin ho apnay shohar say, lekin kya karun? Maa hu na? Hamesha fikar rehti hai, agar uss nay waapis sharaab pee lee kabhi tau phir kya karo gi?"

A smile covered Anabiya's face at the concern. "Ammi fikar naa karay, lekin sab ghalti unki bhi nahi thi, mein unki shaksiyat say waaqif thi, aur phir bhi ghussay mein itna kuch na jaiz keh diya, ruk jaana chahiye tha mujhay!

Aur jahan tak baat Sharaab ki hai, tau Jo kuch hua hai, uss sab kay baad Jalal Shah sharaab kya, cigarette tak ko Hath nahi lagaye ga!"

. . .

Jalal Shah was sitting on the charpai at his dera. His mind wandering around the events of last night. He seemed lost.

Suddenly remembering something, he loudly called out his servant. "Akbar, Oye!"

An man roughly his age quickly came forward and took position in front of him. "Uss thanedar ko boli kay bottlain mat bheji ainda baad! Jo parhi hai wo sab ki sab akethi kar kay bahir phenk day!" he grunted out his words and the man nodded his head before leaving away.

The cigar between his fingers now forgotten as his eyes mindlessly zeroed over a place far away.

Regrets and guilt were certainly the most tormenting feelings. They were finally getting closer, how could he push her away himself? Was his system that out of his control last night,

The pain of his sister had him empty bottles of the specific liquid carelessly.

He had successfully managed to withdraw himself from alcohol within a few weeks time, in fact he couldn't even remember the last time he had it consumed throughout the time he had spent with Anabiya but after the whole incident he desperately wanted to numb the pain somehow.

The source of thrill and rush gave him nothing but disgust now.

He felt repulsed by his own self. Her stony gaze was haunting him. His hands turned into a fist as blood rushed to his eyes, a dizzy feeling surrounded him.

"Sardar Saeen!" He saw the man run towards him and his trance got over. He grew aware of his state.
Akbar quickly opened his fist and the crumbled cigar, still lit, fell to the ground.

Jalal Shah observed the completely shredded skin, an ugly dark reddish black colour showing on his palm. The cigar had managed to lacerate his skin but he couldn't even feel the pain, not that he was in an sentient state even before the action.

"Yeh tau kafi jal gya Saeen, itni dair say pakray rakha tha aap nay, isko jaldi say doctor ko check karwana chahiye!" Akbar spoke out while wrapping a cloth around Jalal's hand.

Jalal Shah pulled his hand away and sighed. "Theek hun Akbar, tum nay bottlain wagera phenk dee?" He ignored the situation and asked the man in return.

"Saeen bottlain kaanch kee thi, sab turwa dee. Kuch baaki nahi chorra, baki sab safayi kar rahay hain mardaan khaanay ki!" He informed and Jalal Shah nodded. His whole arm along with their muscles had become heavy and numb due to the burn.

Akbar looked at the man for a further more seconds before blurting out. "Saeen nasha karna ab waqaye chor diya?"

A cold chuckle escaped Jalal Shah as he turned to look at him. "Nahi, chorra nahi. Bus nasha badal diya" His cryptic response confused Akbar who waited for further explanation.

"Sab nashon ka maza chakh chuka hun Akbar! Par jo baat insani nashay ki hai, wo kisi Mein maujood nahi!"

He placed his aching head back into the pillow to look up at the sad pale sky. "Muhabbat hogayi hai kya Saeen?" Akbar's interest had been piqued up now.

"Muhabbat? Muhabbat tau pehli nazar mein hee hogayi thi, baat muhabbat ki nahi rahi ab, shayad us mamooli say ehsaas kay bhi barh gayi hai!" Jalal Shah spoke out monotonously.

"Tau Matlab Ishq hogya hai Saeen?" Akbar stated as if it were obvious.

A deep chuckle reverberated from the man as a smile slid into his face, cleverly masking the sorrow. "Haan, be inteha Ishq, magar koi faida baki nahi raha ab!"

"Aisa kyun Saeen?" Once again Akbar's curiosity got the best out of him. Jalal Shah closed his eyes and a beautiful view flashed right in front of mind. They were together. He was lying on her bed and talking about something as she laughed and looked down at him with eyes having all the love present.

"Ishq paas tau aaya, magar afsos, mujhay raas nahi aaya,

Apnay iss khokhlay say jism say jaan, meinay khud door kee hai. Khud zimedaar hun apni hee udaasi ka" He spoke out his words with pain lacing through them.

Jalal Shah saw Akbar getting up after a few minutes and he asked while remaining in his position. "Kidhar jaa raha hai?"

"Saeen wo choti bibi ko haveli say uthaanay jaana tha, aap nay khud kaha tha kay Hassan kay baad ab Mein hee unko jidhar jaana hoga lekar jaunga!" Akbar spoke out robotically and Jalal Shah got up immediately.

"Kya bakwas haank rahay ho? Wo ghar hee hai, ussay haveli say kesay Lao gay?" He growled out and a fear ran through Akbar as he nervously wiped out sweat from his forehead.

"W-wo u-unhon nay b-bola tha kay aapko b-bata nahi hai, subah subah drop kiya tha. Unhon nay kaha thay kay ...kay ghantay do baad khud lenay aajaun" Akbar's voice had turned lowered.

"Wo teen ghantay say gayi hui hai aur mujhay kisi nay bataya bhi nahi?!, ussay mein khud Ley aunga, aur tujhay tau mein waapis aakar dekhta hun!" Jalal Shah got up quickly and felt his hand show a very little and restricted movement, making a quick reminder to head for hospital before picking his wife up, he finally stormed towards his car.

Akbar had tried stopping him but the man wouldn't didn't bother listening.

All he could do was watch silently with all the concern and worry visible on his face as he saw the brutally battered hand of Jalal Shah.

. . .

A third-degree burn.

That is what the doctor had summed up after observing the destroyed skin. The man couldn't feel any pain because of the damaged nerves. The doctor also mentioned that his mental health could easily be effected as well all due to the injury.

The doctor did some medical procedure and the hand was all bandaged closed now. He then told Jalal Shah to not put any stress on the hand but the man left without further delay.

He arrived outside of the haveli and pressed the car's horn before getting out himself.

The guard looked intimidated and stiffened up instantly after seeing the man. "Kahan hain yeh sab log?" Jalal Shah acquired in his usual grave voice and the guard cleared his throat nervously. The man exuded authority without even trying.

"W-wo sab deray pey hain!" He spoke out his words with clarity, Jalal Shah was about to ask further when he saw his wife making her way outside.

He quickly walked towards the car and opened the front passenger seat before she could sit in the back. Anabiya was taken back when she saw Jalal Shah himself present to pick her up.

She plastered a poker face before settling inside the passenger seat mutely.

He closed the door shut and moved towards the driver's seat. The car ride began in silence. The quietness seemed to irk the man a lot. He looked at his side towards her and after noticing his stare Anabiya shifted in her position to completely turn around towards the window.

It felt like a punch to his gut but he was as desperate as he could be. Jalal Shah moved his hand forward to set the rear view mirror and angle it right towards her frame, he relaxed as the chadar clad pleasing face came to his sight.

Clearing his throat he finally initiated the conversation.

"Mujhay bataya hota, m-mein khud chor aata tumhay!" He spoke out feigning all kinds of coolness and trying to keep his heartbeats steady.

"Shukar karay wapis bhi aagayi hun" Anabiya simply shook her head before muttering the sentence under her breath that was clearly audible to Jalal Shah.

She spoke out with such repulsiveness that Jalal Shah could only release out a deep breath in frustration, she was never going to forgive him easily.

"Anabiya aisay kyun baat kar rahi ho, agar tumhay ek do din rukna bhi hota tau mujhay bata deti mujhay koi masla nahi hai" he tried testing the waters.

"Jalal meri koi marzi nahi hai, mujhay tau dono jagah sukoon muyassir nahi, Haan lekin jo aap rehnay ki baat kar rahay hain tau yeh jaan lay kay agar meray bass Mein hota tau Mein kabhi nahi wapis aati!" She spat out her words harshly

And Jalal Shah shattered from inside, his head started hurting and feeling heavy all of a sudden.

"Aisay baat tau mat karo Anabiya, tum jaanti tau ho mein tumsay kitna pyar karta hun, itni be rukhi kyun dikha rahi ho?" He struggled with his words.

"Jalal kal raat kay baad? Mujhay nahi pata kay aap nay mujh say kabhi pyar kiya bhi hai ya nahi" she firmly replied back, Jalal Shah instantly whipped his head to look towards her. "Tum aisay kesay keh sakti ho Anabiya?,

Meri jaan ho tum, kal raat jo bhi hua, wo sab sharaab kay zair e asar hua, mein Hosh mein nahi tha!" He plead out loud and a cold chuckle broke out of Anabiya, "Chalo aapko ab maloom tau hogya, kay haraam cheez kisi wajah say haraam rakhi hai!"

He didn't have any reply to the statement.

Jalal Shah moved his hand through his hair in agitation but the action made a sharp ache coarse through his entire system, a hiss of pain made out of his mouth involuntarily.

Anabiya quickly looked at him and her eyes finally transfixed over the bandaged swollen hand. Her mouth itched to ask him about it but she forcefully turned her head away.

"Kasam uthata hun Anabiya, mein sharaab kya cigarette tak ko Hath kabhi nahi lagaunga!" A smile threatened to show on her lips as the earlier conversation she had with her mother slid to her mind.

The drive seemed torturous to Jalal Shah, yet he couldn't help himself but continue begging for any kind of cooperation.

She refused to let him have the pleasure of her response. The quietness was upsetting the man more and more as the throbbing in his head picked up its pace. He blinked away a little to lift up the haziness threatening to fall ahead of his eyes.

Gaining back strength he looked at her side before speaking out with gravity. "Kab tak yeh chup ka roza jaari rakhnay ka iraada hai begum, Ab bus kar do na?"

Tears accumulated in Anabiya's eyes within an instant, they fell freely as she looked at him accusingly. "Bharosa rishtay ki sab say mehngi par zaroori shart hai Jalal, aur aap mujh pey Hath uthaanay lagay thay!" Her voice completely broke down.

Jalal Shah's grip on the steering wheel tightened as his heart soared. The speed of the car increased unknowingly.

"Maaf kar do na meri jaan? Kyun itni aziyat dey rahi ho mujhay? Anabiya ghussay ko khatam kar do. Mujh say yeh sab bardasht nahi horaha ab yar" He plead out miserably once again.

"Aap nay mera maan tora hai Jalal! Mein aapko kabhi nahi maaf karu gi! Suna aap nay? Mein aapko kabhi ... JALAL!" She screamed out loud as Jalal Shah's gaze finally focused over the road divider the car was about to slam into and he veered the car immediately, the car swerved and the break was hit so hard that 4x4 imbalanced and rolled over.

The car flipper over multiple of times till it managed to finally come to a rest. The sheer impact had the man go into a complete blackout momentarily,

Till he forcefully gained back his senses. He looked over to his side and found no one.

The car's door was hanging around by the hinge and he kicked his side of the window open before climbing out through it. A glass piece had managed to embed itself on his shoulder but he pulled it out.

The pain was agonising, yet he ignored it and searched around till his gaze settled on the figure at a side of the road. He quickly moved towards it before falling down on his knees. "Anabiya?" He whispered out softly. The girl was struggling to breathe.

Her breaths were becoming harsher by seconds. "Jalal?" She weakly called out as he tucked her hair behind and cupped her bruised face. "Sab theek hojaye ga meri jaan" he got up in an fluent motion and ran back towards his car to look for his phone.

There were no passerby's on the road. The phone's screen was broken but luckily the calls were easily made, he dialled for an ambulance before calling his own men to bring a car over.

Every movement felt like an strenuous exercise, it felt as if the bruises on his body were being ripped open with his each step.

Jalal Shah quickly placed Anabiya's head over his lap before grabbing her limped hand. "Sab theek hojaye ga, meray pass raho meri jaan!" He rubbed her hand with his own and continued kissing her palm every second to make sure she stayed with himself

"Jalal ...m-mujhay lag raha kay .." she spoke out with great difficulty as her eyes focused on a spot behind him.

He then saw the thick red blood slowly start moving out of the side of her mouth and his senses completely numbed. The blood was coming from everywhere. He couldn't see or hear anything else, the trickling droplets fell from the side of her face, painting her light coloured hair into crimson, all while soaking his kameez,

As Anabiya finally gave up on her breaths.

. . .

He hastily moved the stretcher along the corridor with the other doctors. The hospital was near by so it didn't take the ambulance long enough to reach them.

He saw them take her to a room and immediately start her treatment as he was forced to remain out. Even then he continued looking through the door's little glass.

A nurse got out in an hurry and she noticed the state of the man, "aapko medical attention ki behad zaroorat hai sir, aap please next room Mein chalay!" The woman called out but the man refused to even acknowledge his condition.

"Mein theek hun aap meri biwi ko dekhay jaa kar" he stubbornly replied back and a male doctor entered the frame. "Sardar Sahab aap ka blood loss bohut ziada horaha hai, aap please co operate kijeye hamaray sath!"

They were shelled seeing the man frantically ask for his wife's well-being even when he severely injured himself.

Jalal Shah looked down at himself and noticed his bloodied clothes, he realised, it wasn't only her blood.

"Nahi Mein-" he tried speaking when the pang became completely unbearable as blackness covered his sight and he lifelessly fell to the ground.

. . .

As his eyes opened he took in his surroundings.

The milky white walls were as if suffocating him as he got in an sitting position all while wincing. He had to check on Anabiya.

A nurse swiftly entered the room and saw the man taking off his drips and rushed towards him. "Yeh aap kya kar rahay hain-" she was going to continue but the single glare sent to her had her completely muted.

"Mein theek hun, iss sab tamashay ki zaroorat nahi hai, meri biwi kesi hai ab?" He impatiently inquired and a fear ran down the spine of the woman at the thick authoritative voice.

"W-wo m-mujhay nahi p-pata sir, aap please yeh mat u-utaaray, mein aapka chec-" she was once again quietened but now with his growling voice. "Uskay pass jao jis ko zaroorat ho bibi! Yeh hospital hai, yahan bohut say patient hongay jinhay ziada zaroorat hogi tumhari na kay mujhay!"

The woman could only nod her head once before almost running out of the room.

It wasn't a lie when Jalal Shah had said that he felt better, all he needed was a good amount of rest to gain back his stability and he had successfully gotten quite a few hours of sleep.

His mind felt fresh. There was a slight pain still constant with movements but it had soon minimised to a barely there dull ache.

He saw that his room was right next to Anabiya's. A doctor was getting out of her room and he walked towards him. "Hosh aagya hai ussay?"

The doctor blew out air in utter annoyance. "Sardar Sahab ham apni puri koshish kar rahay hain par koi guarantee nahi hai ... patient ki body koi respo-"

he hadn't even completed his words when the man grabbed him by the collars of his shirt and slammed him into the wall nearby. "Bakwas mat karna, aur koshish karo, mujhay wo sahi chahiye, bilkul sahi samjhe?!" He spoke out with such an intensity that the man in front of him cowered away.

"J-jee, a-aap fikar na karay" the doctor replied in an trance and a ringtone became audible to both of them. It was Jalal Shah's phone.

He quickly let the man go and the doctor sprinted away in an second. Jalal Shah picked up the call with irritation. "Haan bolo?"

"Saeen? Kab say call kar raha tha aapko? Aapko nikalna hoga Abhi issi waqt!" He heard the SP on the other end loud and clear.

"Kya bol rahay ho tum? Saaf saaf Batao mujhay?!" Jalal Shah replied back.

"Saeen w-wo police ki gari kuch hee dair tak hospital pohnch jaye gi, aapkay phone ko trace karwaya tha. Mein bhi Abhi kisi kay phone say khabar pohncha raha hun. Meinay koshish bohut kee lekin mujhay khud bhi nikalna parh raha apni team kay sath. Officer Sahab kay sakht ahkamat hai aapko fori pakarnay kay!

Gulzaman Khan nay case karwa diya hai, 302 kay case Mein aap ishtihaari lag gaye ho!"

The man spoke out with urgency and Jalal Shah staggered on his feet after hearing the words. He couldn't notice the ended call and looked through the glass door once again.

Little breaths were being taken as her skin had turned as pale as the colour of the walls.

Jalal Shah felt tears prickling in the corners of his eyes as he punched on the wall next to him. A scream clogged in his throat as he looked at her one last time before finally running away.

عِشق صوفی ہے نہ مفتی ہے نہ عالم ہے
عِشق ظالم ہے، فقط ظالم ہے، بس ظالم ہے۔

- 𝗜𝘀𝗵𝗾 𝘀𝘂𝗳𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝗶 𝗻𝗮 𝗺𝘂𝗳𝘁𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝗶 𝗻𝗮 𝗮𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗺 𝗵𝗮𝗶
𝗜𝘀𝗵𝗾 𝘇𝗮𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗺 𝗵𝗮𝗶, 𝗳𝗮𝗾𝗮𝘁 𝘇𝗮𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗺 𝗵𝗮𝗶, 𝗯𝘂𝘀 𝘇𝗮𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗺 𝗵𝗮𝗶.

(Unedited)

• • •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 12.4K 53
𝑩𝒐𝒐𝒌#1 𝑰𝒔𝒉𝒒 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆... محبت کا داغ ○●○ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏꜰ ᴛᴇɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜱ...
97.9K 5.4K 9
❝ Distance can't stop what's meant to be ❞ He was her best friend's brother's best friend. And she was his best friend's sister's best friend. That's...
133K 2.8K 38
He rises from his office chair, and continues his eyes locked on her. He unbuttons the pinnacle two buttons of his dress shirt and then pulls it from...
468K 16.6K 29
Rayyan Ali Khan CEO of Khan Enterprises. Eldest son of the famous Khan Family. A perfect family man. Ayesha Siddiqui Daughter of Pakistan's famous H...