The Dating proposal

By imaginator33

Meet Quinn Machester. An actress in her late twenties who lives for the day she'll finally get her lead role... More

Author's note and copyright
Achievements
✨PLAYLIST✨
♡CHARACTERS AESTHETIC♡
01| Heartbreak And Blonde Mess
02| Crazy Rich American Mums
03| Scars Are Perfections
04| Dinnings And Proposals
05| Deals And Assistants
06| Psycho Everywhere Everywhere
07| Meeting With The Devils
08| Best Headline Yet
09| The Trauma
10| What Happened Last Night?
11| Past Pains Rushing Back
12| Ace.....Are You Safe
13| Somewhere Safe
14| Her Dark Secret
15| Ball of Chaos
16| I'm his fiancee
17| Exes and wishes
18| Perfect Match And Slices
19| Eight long years
20| Mystery Flower shop
21| The Butterfly Effect
22| Drunken kisses
23| Soulmates
24| Cheese in the trap
25| Mothers and Grandmas
27| The first tear
28| An Actual Relationship
29| First Encounter
30| Lost Her
31| Third Wheel
32| The Story Begins
33| Stuck with you
34| August 25
35| First kiss
36| Not Again
37| Favorite Mistake
38| The Coach's Office
39| The Kims
40| A Dangerous Couple
41| Calm Before The Storm
42| One Day
43| Vlad
44| Mudered
45| Hey Barbies
46| The arrest
47| Son
48| From me to you
49| The Manchesters revenge
50| His sacrifice
51| Logan Winston
52| The Devil Awakens
53| Ace Motherfucking Winston
54| A happy house

26| A little reunion

409 41 10
By imaginator33

♡♡♡

QUINN

I watched as she took a sip of the purple tea I placed before her. She nodded and said, "Oh, look the color is actually purple." She laughed and I laughed nervously.

We had gone back to my apartment. Apparently, she came to New York because she had some issues to attend to. And since Ace has his apartment occupied by two people already she invited herself to stay at mine. I clearly remember her saying, "Oh I'll just stay at Quinn's." So causally. And as stupid as I am my tongue was tied and I just smiled at her while my feet got sweaty.

I've heard stories about her, when we were young she ruled Canada. She had warehouses, districts, buildings everywhere. She was so powerful because she came from an influential family and married into another family just like hers. She became Mrs. Winston and if possible her power rose more. It went on like this until her son died and daughter-in-law disappeared. She vanished into thin air. Just like that no one ever heard from her again. Her husband managed all her business and they were all in his name. The media kept quiet about this strange occurrence and the Winstons promised to sue anyone who spreads any false news about the matter.

It was too suspicious to ignore all these things happening all at once. But no one dared to speak of it.

And here she was, the mystery herself. Sipping my favorite tea and her eyes wandering around my apartment. "You have a lovely sense of decoration."

I was seated beside her. We had been in the same position since when we arrived. It was beyond awkward. I was never awkward with anyone but she... She took away all the sense of superiority I felt. "Ah... Um... Yeah. It's in my blood." I giggled anxiously.

Good thinking Quinn.

I gritted my teeth at my words and let out a breath. Ace was on the phone with Carl about something I had no idea of. They had been talking for over twenty minutes now. I prayed so hard for him to get off the phone and get his ass here.

"So how did you meet my grandson?"

I froze. I blinked a few times and saw her grey eyes studying me softly. Was I supposed to tell her that I had no idea who her son was and hated him when I first laid my eyes on him or tell her a lie about how we meet when he saved me from falling from the stairs, we stared into the eyes of each other and fell in love?

"You're an actress and he's been dating around and recently just starting working. I'm beyond curious about how you two very opposite worlds came across each other."

My answer to her question would either make her like and trust me or detest me and hate me. She seemed like the type to easily read people and I could tell she sensed my nervousness. Just at that time, Ace came back to the room and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Hey." He said and sat across us, making himself at home. "I just got off the phone with Carl, apparently the old man is on his way here." He muttered as he unloosened his tie.

The old man? His grandfather?!

Oh shit. To my apartment?? I'm about to witness some major family drama here.

"Oh is he?" Mrs. Winston chuckled and took a sip of her tea. "It's been so long since I've seen our old man. It's been about eight years right? Funny of him to show his face to me on the day I arrive in the city."

"We can leave now if you don't want to see him." Ace perked up with a serious expression on his face.

"I've waited way too long for this to leave now."

What does she mean by that? I looked at Ace and he smiled softly at me. "Don't worry about it." He mouthed to me and I nodded.

"The reason I asked you to see you..... Don't you want to know?" Mrs. Winston hinted.

I gulped, "Yes I do. I thought it'll be a good idea for you to settle in before beginning to cure my curiosity."

"We have a lot to talk about." She said and glanced at me, then at Ace. "The three of us."

Before any of us could say another word the doorbell rang. We all shared a look and my hands got sweaty. "I'll get it," I muttered and got up, but Ace held my hands before I could move any further. He didn't say a word and walked past me.

I walked behind him trying to steady my breathing. He opened the door and we were greeted by his grandfather, Carl, and an unfamiliar man.

A huge grin appeared on the unfamiliar man's face. He stepped in and gaped at Ace then opened his hands and hit Ace's shoulder.

"Oh, dear." He smiled. When he smiled his eyes seemed to disappear. "You've grown so much. Do you remember me? I use to carry you on my back all the time."

Ace chuckled nervously and held the man's hand. "Mr. Kim. I didn't expect to see you here. Nana didn't tell me you came back with her, I would have gone to visit you immediately."

"There's no need for that son." Mr. Kim said, "I'm here now." Then he finally noticed me and pointed at me. "Quinn Manchester, I've heard so much about you."

Now Carl stepped forward and spoke, "Sir let's have our seats now. Mrs. Winston is waiting inside."

Mr. Kim nodded and removed his gaze from me as Carl led him into the room. His resemblance with the girl I saw at Ace's place was uncanny. They had the same eyes and nose the only difference was their hair color. Mr. Kim had jet black hair with little strands of grey hair while Nana had blonde hair.

Mr. Winston who stood at the door quietly this whole time stepped in and I shut the door. "Welcome, sir," I mumbled but he walked in without a word.

"How long have you known him?" I quietly asked Ace.

"Since I was a kid... Whenever my parents... You know began fighting again. My dad would call his son who was his friend and he would come over to pick me even though I never wanted to leave. That's how we became family us and the Kims. He's best friend with my granddad and their sons were best friends too. I bet his son is still in Korea, he's kind of a workaholic."

"He seems nice," I mumbled and he chuckled before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

We led ourselves back to where everyone was seated. Carl stood beside the couch where Mr. Winston sat down which was right across from where Mrs. Winston was seated with Mr. Kim telling her about how he missed her. He seemed so involved with telling her how he dreamt of her every night while she sip her tea and gave Mr. Winston a death stare.

"You aged like fine wine, Ally," Mr. Kim purred in admiration. "You should have at least contacted me, you just disappeared for years and I come across you right when I land in the city. Ironic isn't it?" A sad and hurt expression now crossed his face.

"Oh Liam, why don't we talk later. We do have quite a lot to catch up on," She replied with a smile.

"When did you arrive?" Mr. Winston said in an undertone and the whole room went quiet. His eyes found it's way to hers across the room.

She smirked and carefully placed her empty cup on the table. "I think everyone here knows I arrived today," She responded.

I suddenly felt out of place there. I mean it seemed like I shouldn't be there but they came to my apartment to have their little get-together which meant I didn't have any other shelter. But I still felt like I didn't belong there. This family has so many secrets and betrayals and I really....didn't want to get involved.

But sometimes we don't always get what we want do we?

"We both know you arrived before today. You just choose to show your face now?" He grunted. "Where have you been staying all this while?"

"I have to admit, you've lost your touch," She sighed and his eyes twitched at her words clearly offended.

"The Mr. Winston I remembered would have all the answers to this question but here you are questioning me like we're kids playing the game of truths," She cracked up and moved her hair over her shoulder with her legs crossed. "I bet you've lost all your actions too. It won't be long before you'll have to start using a stick to walk."

I had to purse my lips together to stop myself from laughing. My head went down and my hair formed a curtain around my face which gave me a little room to chuckled before I pushed my hair away from my face and formed a poker face.

But that wasn't the case for Ace and Mr. Kim. Ace chuckled and look at his grandfather, "Grandfather, you scored with grandma. But it's a good thing she left you early enough. There's no way you'll be able to survive her remarks," He said loud enough for everyone to hear.

Mr. Kim immediately busted out laughing and clapped his hands. "Wow Ally, you still have it don't you," He cracked and pointed at Mr. Wisnton as he said, "You won't believe that I met him at the hospital huh?"

"Really?" Mrs. Winston implored and raised an eyebrow. "I guess I should start calling myself psychic. But don't you think it's about time he retires, I mean look at you and him you're the same age but you look like you could be his son."

A faint blush appeared on Mr. Kim's face and he took a sip of the cup of water before him and laughed. "Oh no," He chuckled.

"Retire?" Mr. Winston sneered and slowly got up. "Is that what this is about? That's why you suddenly appeared from the blue?" His whole stance and expression made me gulp even though his words weren't directed at me. The whole room went quiet and the tension was so thick that I forgot how to breathe.

Mrs. Winston looked up at him beneath her lashes and smacked her lips."What's another instance that gives room for a new successor?" She thought out loud then faked a gasp and clasped her hands. "Oh, that's right, the death of the old one." She smiled sweetly at him.

"Miss Manchester," I heard Carl call for my attention quietly as he stood before me. Both Ace and I turned to him.

"Can I speak to you?" He asked, then his eyes wandered to Ace and back at me. "In private," He added after giving Ace a look.

"Sure," I said curiously as to what he wanted to say.

We quietly moved to the hallway leading to the kitchen. It was quiet there as it was away from where the little meeting was happening. On the wall were little polarized pictures that I took here and some from my house back in Canada. Those pictures were proof that I was once happy and had no pain. Carl stood erected and face me.

"What's this about?" I interrogated.

"Break up with Ace now."

Taken back by his words I instinctively blinked faster and was lost for words. I clearly remember Ace saying Carl was the one who came up with the dating proposal and now he wants to end it?

"What?" My voice hitched in my throat that was suddenly dry. I knew we agreed on no strings attached and to break up at the right time but why now? It was all too suspicious.

Did they find out I was going to buy the land of the flower shop?

And most importantly, I couldn't leave Ace now. I knew he needed me more than ever. Or was it all just in my head? All the moments we've spent together I could remember it all. From how we hated each other at first to how we started listening to each other.

But to Ace, I might just be another girl that would pass by in his life.

Or maybe he didn't see what happened as a big deal. Maybe nothing did change and I was the one adding deep meanings to our moments.

We're both adults, just a kiss doesn't mean we're tied together now does it?

He finally looked into my eyes as he said again. "Quietly break up with Ace. It's not a request and I won't repeat it."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

Whoahhhhhhh

What is going on???

Ace's grandma suddenly comes back, Mr. Kim is also back, Quinn's mum is found in the house where Ace was supposed to meet his mum, and Carl suddenly demands Quinn to break up with Ace?

Just when the ship was sailing 😪

Hahahahahhaha👅

What are your theories?

What do you think would happen next?

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT!

Don't also forget to follow me to see announcements and teaser💕

QOTD: Truth or dare?

Pick one in the comments and I'll give you a truth or a dare! It'll be a little fun interaction between us.🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 34 31
This books contains strong language and mature scenes. This book is being slowly rewritten. The story remains the same For Cade, life is just a neve...
505K 17.2K 40
Iris Giorgianni is no ordinary girl. She's living a double life: a neglected daughter at home, but a fighter on the streets. As the leader of The San...
4.3K 393 20
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
28.5K 519 49
Book 3: FALCON FAMILY SERIES Meet Shanelle Falcon, the epitome of perfection, a member of the prestigious Falcon family. But behind her flawless fac...