✓𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 �...

By bilasyahrah_

「ENGLISH VER」 ૢ་༘࿐Rexanne never thought that her life would end in Twilight. She had always hoped that after... More

CHARACTERS
AESTHETIC
☾TWILIGHT☽
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
☾NEW MOON☽
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
☾ECLIPSE☽
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE [END]
EXTRA CHAPTER
QNA AND FUN FACTS
ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT ERROR

THIRTY-EIGHT

3.2K 92 1
By bilasyahrah_

Several hours passed after my deep conversation with Caius.  Renata came back to check on me and told me that Aro would be back in the castle in a few minutes.  My feet can't wait to go over to him and demand the reason why he didn't let me know about Joham's problem and why they're suddenly dealing with Benjamin without giving any information.

Caius was around me with a much calmer face, after our conversation a while ago he became much more restrained and too clingy.  His eyes are much brighter than they were a moment ago, at least I can feel relieved about that.

He finally expresses all his worries about things that he can't control.  Something he had worried about his whole life.  I can understand the fear because I feel it too, I'm afraid this is all just a dream and I wake up with no one around me. I promise I will never leave them, I can't.

I was stuck with them literally forever.

The sound of the door creaking took my eyes off the castle walls.  I walked over to them and glared at them both.

"Why not tell me anything? Didn't we agree not to disturb Benjamin?"  I demanded Aro to answer quickly, leaving him no room for any greetings and innocent acting.  Marcus looked calmer as if he had predicted my emotional outburst coming towards me and pulling me slowly to sit down.  Damn it feels really bad my hormones, I forgot that I'm still new to this vampire world.  That means I'm back to being unstable.

Ugh this is the third time in the history of my life!  Why do I always have to go through it?!

My face was full of anger and wrinkles.  Some things in this room I accidentally damaged, some cracks in the wooden table and chairs.  Don't blame me for everything other than its newborn strength the wood must be old.

"Mia Cara, we just wanted to get this over with and give you a chance to be with the kids."  Marcus said it softly as usual, but I could see a glint of anger at Aro.  Made me catch a few things.

"Give me a better reason before I choose not to talk to the three of you for the next few months."  Every word spoken by my Mouth carries a serious threat.  Which was aimed mostly at Aro.

"But Cara, Reason is boring."  Aro spoke with a bit of desperation.

I already knew what their choice was, I immediately stood up from the chair to teleport.

"No we can explain it," Caius and Marcus simultaneously held my body.  I wrenched away both of their hands from my arms.

"Actually..." Aro sighed.  I looked at him waiting for what reason he gave.  "We just don't want you to meet him because newborn vampire emotions can explode at times. We can't let you hurt anyone else because I know you'll feel guilty, and I'm sure our babies won't be happy if you leave."  Obviously.  "We just want you to be okay."  he continued.

"Actually Benjamin's power is so interesting that it makes you wonder how it works?! You didn't invite me to join because there would be an emotional outburst because I'm a Benjamin fan?! But why didn't you tell me about-" Before I could continue my statement.  The sound of the door opening made me break my sentence.  Clara came in with Adelpie in her arms.

My hands clenched tightly, the anger I was trying to vent made my palms crack.  The difference in contrast when I was human would hatch blood and create wounds instead of cracks.  But the crack is better, the pain remains the same but the wound is obviously faster to heal.

I took a deep breath and smiled gently at the baby in her arms.  My eyes glanced at Clara asking for an explanation when Adelphie was in my arms.  Her tiny little hands on my neck gripped her tightly but didn't hurt me.

"She's getting really anxious, I just got back from the hospital and she's been struggling to see you."  Obviously I could see she shuddered a little at the sight of some broken items.

"Uh-uh looks like I'm going back to my room to help Wendy with Achiles and Abercio."  She disappeared leaving a puff of smoke in the air.

"Shhh... Mom's here."  I stroked hers back and comforted her.  She always knew something was wrong with me, mother and daughter bond is much stronger than any other bond.  Although some bonds are not as strong as mine and my twins.

Why did mom fight with dad?

Her teary eyes looked at me I held her tiny hand gently and stroked it.  "We just had a little disagreement. Everything will be fine."  She put hers hand on my shoulder again and put hers face in the crook of my neck.  Hers heartbeat returned to normal.  I gently caressed her while humming a little hoping she would sleep and forget her worries.

The strange pain in my chest felt more real.  The first time I had a big fight with Aro.  I don't know if I should be grateful that Adelphie felt the bond and kept me from saying anything more or should I be sad because it made her anxious.

The sound of hers soft snoring began to be heard in tandem with the rhythmic beating of hers heart.  The room was completely silent, only filled with the sound of Adel's soft snoring.

"I'm sorry," whispered Aro. "I was just... Selfish. Also a little jealous."  His hand cupped my cheek gently.  My face that was showing annoyance just fell.  I felt my chest tighten, my heart was no longer beating but the strange tightness was still there.  He always does things I don't really like, but I love him, love them.  I leaned on his touch, while still trying to reduce the movement so as not to wake Adelphie.

Everything about his greed and selfishness sometimes irritates me but I love him, Why am I placed in this complicated and unstable feeling?!

"I always knew what was on your mind, how you used to like Benjamin, how you would describe him."  He said it with sadness tucked into his voice.  On the other hand I notice it, I remember it.  One day where he looks a little disappointed and hurt.  Unfortunately I didn't understand the reason at the time, my bond wasn't as strong as the day I became a vampire.

"Didn't I still describe this world from how I read the book, not how I lived it. This is so different Aro.... Meeting you was the biggest change in my life. This strange and senseless love wrapped around me. Bind me with you guys.  forever and I don't want to do anything to let it go...." I say it with difficulty, something I have never expressed, how I am grateful for what fate has planned.

Aro hugged me gently being careful not to disturb Adel.  Marcus did the same thing but he was tighter, tighter.  As if he was about to lose someone again.  Him fear of what happened to him thousands of years ago is still there and always will be.  He's just like me.

"We won't do anything like that again.... I'll fight Aro harder... I'm sorry...." Marcus mumbled at the end of the hug.

"I hope you do."

"Now I need an explanation of how Amun looked when he found out you guys invited him to Italy?"

Their faces that had looked guilty turned into grins.  How bad was that Egyptian Coven leader's expression?

~*~

"So he still really doesn't like you guys?"  I clarified their statement.  Finished with a rather complicated argument, I put Adel to bed in the same nursery as his brother who also seemed to be asleep.  Wendy and Clara also listened intently.

"Of course, isn't he just afraid of death so he wants to submit to you guys. Too bad Benjamin is trapped around that guy, the world is wide enough for a powerful vampire like him to explore."  Clara chirped.  She fiddles with the bracelet in hers hand, I only know one thing it is the bracelet belonging to one of the guards here.  The problem is which one?  She must have manipulated his aura so that Wendy and I wouldn't detect it.

"How is Benjamin, does he mind?"  Wendy asked distracting me from the bracelet in Clara's hand.

"He's a very nice guy, he's big-hearted and not power-crazy."  said Marcus.  He was sitting on my left while Aro was on the other with his arms around my waist.  The color of his aura is still filled with regret, making me a little concerned about him.

But half of my ego is still cursing their behavior.

"Judging from what you guys have said, doesn't that mean Amun will start speculating that the volturies are gaining new powers?"  I looked at them in turn.

"Surely, he will do that."  Caius spoke in between some swearing.  Their past confrontation with the Romanian Coven did not escape some problems with the Egyptian Coven.  Maybe that's the reason Caius stayed behind of course to keep me and the kids company.

"It's been almost 3 hours and Demetri hasn't come back. The most plausible reason is that he passed his former Coven or he might have visited him."  Wendy said shrugging.  Demetri used to be part of the Coven which he was acquired by Amun but either by the power of Chelsea or due to pressure from Amun's restraints he chose to serve the Volturi.

However from the way he protected Benjamin it was clear he didn't allow Demetri to go out exploring the things he hadn't seen.  He imprisoned him in a place called home.

"Should I visit them?"  Wendy muttered to herself.

"It will be an unexpected surprise, I want to come along."  I declared while standing up from where I had let Aro's hand go.

"But Cara he could be trying to hurt you," Caius catches me before I can go get dressed in my room.

"Oh come on, he won't even be able to touch me."  I said indifferently.

"They'll probably hate you because you're our Mate."  Aro added.  I looked at him honestly forgiving them was very easy, but to not think of ways to get revenge was a different matter.

"Marcus can come with me, Amun doesn't seem to mind either."  I just said it casually, I really don't know if Amun likes Marcus or not.

"Or Felix might be able to come along, Renata and Devian can also accompany me. So you guys can rest easy. The kids are sleeping too they will wake up in about an hour or two, so when they wakes you and I will be there."  This time I explained to them the logical and rational reasons why I could go and would be fine.

"But How-"

"Oh you guys, I'll be fine stop acting like that I can protect myself."  I cut their sentence weakly.  This debate will be long again if they don't let me go.

"Then let me go."  Aro asked him.

I nodded quickly and went to get my robe and change my shoes.  It's not a pleasant meeting, I know that.

"Aro?"  I called him slowly.

"Here Cara."

I turned to look at him, his eyes still with the remnants of the fight earlier.  On the other hand Marcus was trying to stay calm.  This made me feel a little uneasy, I'm sure the bond didn't dim but their guilt made their body aura different from usual which was bright and beautiful.

"Once I go visit them this will be over. You can stop making that guilty look bothering me."  I said with a straight face that I forced.  They shaken my trust in them, I've trusted them with my life and everything this one little betrayal can tear down in an instant.

"We made you doubt us, we should have told you about this. I'm sorry..." Aro hugged me tightly.  Our physical contact will let him know what's on my mind, my inner monologue today.

"Stop doing stupid things and apologize afterwards."  I hugged him back, my annoyance was still with me.  But I can't keep them out of my life, I can't.

"We pissed you off and hurt you again, you're repeating things you didn't want to do because of us."  Marcus hugged me in place of Aro.  I sighed unnecessarily in his arms.

"Don't doubt me anymore, I have trusted you with my life. Proving that the decision was a bad thing is your choice."  I muttered.

Caius came back to my side, hugged me and gave me a kiss on the temple.  "No, we never wanted to. But you're too perfect, it's almost impossible for someone to reject you. We just doubted ourselves. Everything about you was almost perfect.... I'm sorry."  He whispered in my ear.

"Your apologies today are too many, I'm tired."

Caius let go of his arms I gave them a small smile, the pent up resentment still in me and the desire for revenge was certainly there but at least visiting Benjamin would make this maybe better.

~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 13.4K 51
Eli lived a pretty normal life, that was until she discovered the existence of vampires. Now she has to face her own demons, and come to terms with h...
20.2K 280 11
What happens when Bella's younger sister Daniella goes to Volterra with her and Alice to save Edward? Well, it changes the lives of everyone involved...
888K 27.2K 48
B O O K O N E ; Christina Swan was the older sister to the infamous Bella Swan. The twenty-one year old was the reason that the two sisters were mov...
292K 7.7K 39
Madeline Swan's life was average. Friends, High-school, and the typical party here and there. But when her cousin Bella Swan's catatonic depression s...