his good girl

By thethreemusket3ers

devyn young has always managed to be pretty unknown throughout her years at highschool, much to her delight... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty

eight

23.8K 624 1.3K
By thethreemusket3ers

It got worse.

It's day three of being Luis Pierce's girlfriend.

He wasn't in school today, he texted me this morning saying he had some type of cold. I spent every moment that wasn't in class, in the library.

After school Kobe and i went to the mall since this is the first time i've driven myself to school since the start of the week.

"You should bring him soup or something." Kobe says as we walk past walmart.

"Should i?"

"Yeah, that's a girlfriend-y type thing to do."

"Okay." i throw her my car keys. "I'll be back."

I go back into walmart. I'm not sure what soup he likes, so i settle for tomato since you can't go wrong with tomato.

I pay and leave, feeling pretty awkward carrying nothing but a tin of soup to my car.

"Do you want me to take you home first?" i look over at Kobe as i get in the car beside her. "I won't be long."

"I'll just come with, it's fine." she hums, taking a bite out of her rice cake. Where the fuck does she keep getting these from?

We carpool as i drive to Luis' house. I'm pretty surprised i even remember the route.

"Holy shit!" Kobe spits a load of crumbs everywhere as i pull onto his street. "No way does he live here!"

I get out the car, pressing the little speaker thing on the outside of the gate.

"Hello?" Mrs Pierce sounds through the speaker moments later.

"Hello Mrs Kaiyo? It's Devyn."

"Oh! Hello Devyn, i'll buzz you in right now!"

"Thank you!" i call back before getting back into the car.

"Fucking hell i didn't know you were dating Elon Musk." she gapes as the gate slowly opens.

I laugh, pulling into the driveway.

"Okay, i'll be right back." i grab the tin of soup from her lap and open my door, stepping out and closing it behind me.

I knock the massive front door but i don't even think it reached the other side. Just as i go to ring the doorbell, the door swings open and i jump aggressively.

"Oh! Hey Layton." i let out a breath.

"Hey Devyn." she smiles as i step forward to her and pulls me into a hug.

"My mom was yelling at me to open the door. I was wondering why she was so excited." she laughs.

"I love your mom, she's so awesome." i grin. "Is Luis home?"

"Yeah, he's cooped up in his room, just go on up."

"Thank you Lay." i smile at her, kicking my shoes off. She grins back before heading into the kitchen.

I take the route to Luis room, up the stairs, down the hall, into the room and up the other set of stairs.

I knock on the door. No answer.

"Luis?" i say through the door.

I kinda remember him saying his walls were soundproof, but i wasn't sure if he was taking the piss or not.

I'm sure he won't mind if i just...

I push the door open, tucking my hair behind my ear. Just as i'm about to greet him, i stop in my tracks.

The first thing i see is Luis' back, the lower half covered by his duvet, his muscles flexing slightly.

The second thing i see is the girl beneath him, one arm wrapped around his neck, her tongue down his throat.

My stomach churns and i step back out of the room as quietly as possible, clicking the door shut.

My heart is fucking pounding out of my chest.

I place the tin of soup down on the floor outside his door and retreat back down the stairs.

"Bye Mrs Pierce, Bye Layton!" i call out into the house, closing the door behind me before waiting for a reply.

I shut my car door, running a hand through my hair.

I'm not gonna cry. No way am i gonna cry. We aren't really dating. I don't even like him. I told him he could do this.

"Devyn?"

I look up at my sister.

"Why are you crying?" she frowns.

I look in my rear view, noticing the tears rolling down my cheek. I wipe them away quickly with my sleeves.

"I'm fine. Hayfever." i sniff, starting up the car and reversing back. I wait for the gate to open before reversing on to the street and driving away.

Kobe doesn't ask any more questions. One thing i love about my sister is that she know's i will talk when i want to. If this was Niko it would be a different story.

We drive in silence for a while, the woman on the radio making the air less tense.

"He was with another girl." i sigh.

"What?!" my sister yells, causing me to swerve a little.

"No, it's not like that. We aren't actually dating. It just hurts a little because he told me he wasn't sleeping with anyone." i ramble.

"Wait." she takes her lollipop out of her mouth. "This is a lot to unload, i need it from the start."

I clear my throat.

I tell her the whole story, starting from the summer party, to first week of school and the hallway.

"So, you and Luis are pretending to date and you told him to hook up with other girls?" she says slowly.

"Yes." i nod.

"You didn't think you'd get jealous?" she looks at me.

"Well no. I have no feelings for him." i shrug, pulling into our driveway. I stop the car but neither of us make any gestures to move.

"Dev, you've been spending a lot of time together. There's no way you don't have any type of feelings for him. And he kissed you so it's clearly mutual!"

I turn to face her.

"That meant nothing Kobe, he'll make out with anything that has a heartbeat." i roll my eyes.

"Well he chose to make out with you. There's obviously some attraction between the two of you since from what i heard, you weren't rushing to pull away."

I groan.

"Talk to him Dev. If you decided you aren't comfortable with him getting with other girls then say that."

"I can't Kobe! It's not my place to have a say in what he does when i'm not around. I was the one that invaded his private space, i walked in on that on my own accord!" i shove both of my hands in my hair.

"That's not the point." i sigh. "I'm not hurt that he's hooking up with other girls. I'm hurt that he lied to me about it. There was no reason to lie. I thought we were at least friends now."

Kobe nods, staring in front of her in thought.

"Well then ask him why he lied." she shrugs. "You guys can't make this whole situation work if you can't be honest with each other. You need to be on the same page."

I sigh, leaning back and closing my eyes.

"When did my baby sister become so smart?"

"I have the best role model." she says.

I open my eyes, looking at her and pouting.

"Yeah, Niko is a real intellectual." she grins at me.

"Bitch!" i shove her as she giggles, opening the car door and getting out.

I get out after, pressing the lock button and walking to the front door.

***
It's 2 am and i can't sleep. I was tossing and turning for about an hour before giving up and deciding to draw.

It's been three hours since then and my piece is coming along quite well if i'm honest.

My phone has pinged a couple times but i ignored it, it was probably just the group chat or an app notification.

Just as i'm working on some skin detail, my ringtone sounds loudly, making me jump and draw a hard line on her cheek.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" i huff, throwing the sketchbook down on the bed and grabbing my phone.

I roll my eyes at the caller ID.

"Hello?" i sigh as i answer.

"Devyn? Why weren't you answering my texts?" Luis says on the other end of the line.

"It's two in the morning, Luis."

"I'm outside." he says.

"It's two in the morning, Luis." i repeat.

"Please come outside Dev."

I hang up the phone and sigh. I grab my hoodie and pull it over my head, leaving my bed shorts on.

I tread lightly down the stairs in attempt to not wake anyone up. My crocs are already down here, so i slip them on and pull the door open.

Sure enough, Luis' black jeep is parked on the street.

I walk over to the car and pull the door open. The lights flick on, revealing Luis. His head lolls sideways and he looks at me, giving me a small smile. His hair is messy, yet he still looks attractive.

"Hey." he says softly.

"Hi." i sit in the car and shut the door.

"My sister told me you came over."

"You said you were sick. I brought you soup." i sniff.

"Devyn, i'm sorry."

"You have nothing to apologise for." i pull at a loose thread on my shorts.

"Don't be like that Dev. I'm sorry that i lied to you. I'm sorry that you walked in on... that."

"You have no loyalties to me. We aren't together." i shrug.

"Look at me." he pleads.

I glance up at him. His eyes are soft.

"I should have told you. It was wrong. I'm sorry." he looks me dead in the eye.

"It's fine." i look back down at my lap. "You can hook up with who you want."

"You're my friend, Devyn. I shouldn't have lied to you. I value your friendship." he goes on.

I look up at him now. I can't help a small smile forming on my lips. Luis notices and smiles a little too.

"We cool?" he stretches out an arm.

"I guess." i lean over, hugging him. He smells like passion fruit.

Maybe he's an egotistical prick with morals.

"No more lies?" i stick out a pinkie finger.

Luis wraps his own around my outstretched one.

"Never." he grins.

"So, what are we? Friends or something?" i smile cheekily at him.

"Ohh, i've never seen you smile like that, is my friendship that amazing?" he grins back.

"Shut up, you're ruining the moment." i huff, looking back out the window to hide my smile.

"Don't be modest love, you can admit it."

"Stop talking, Luis."

"Fine, sorry." he laughs.

***

I open my eyes and blink. My back hurts like a bitch. I blink again. Wait, this isn't my room.

As my eyes adjust, i recognise my surroundings.

I'm in Luis' car. Shit.

We were talking last night so we hopped in the back seat for comfort. I guess it was a bit too comfortable because here i am now, in Luis car, him led in my lap snoring softly.

I check my phone. It reads 6 am. Ugh, we're meant to leave for school in an hour.

"Luis." i whisper.

"Mmm." he grunts.

"Luis, get up."

"Hmm."

"Get up." i stroke the hair back out of his face.

"Mhm."

"Luis!" i whisper-shout.

His eyes flicker open. He looks up at me. He closes them again, but opens them moments later.

"Devyn?"

"Hello sleeping beauty." i smile.

"Did we hook up?" his lips form a grin.

"Get off me." i sigh, pushing his head up with my knees.

"What time is it?" he yawns as he sits up.

"Six." i open the car door as he does the same.

"Shit." he groans, reaching up and stretching.

He walks around to the drivers side.

"See you in school?"

"Yeah." i rub my eye.

I smile before turning around and jogging back to the front door. As i push it open, i almost jump out of my skin. Kobe is sat on the couch with a bowl of cereal.

She glances over at me, doing a double take. Her eyes widen.

"Where have you been?" she says, her mouth full.

"With Luis." i run a hand through my hair.

"Did you have sex?!" she sits up.

"No! We were literally parked right outside. We just fell asleep!" i cross my arms.

"So i'm guessing you guys made up?"

I smile. "Yeah."

Kobe grins back at me.

"I'm going to get ready." i announce, slipping my crocs and walking up the stairs.

I feel strangely happy considering i slept for two hours.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

905 49 15
Marcia Maspion was known as the quiet girl who has it all; popularity-despite being an introvert, perfect grades, and the perfect boyfriend. But when...
2.4K 534 22
'Life is so easy when teenagers' that's what parent's say, is it really so? Melissa. Aaron. Aria. Shawn. Devan. What about their lives? Will Meli...
3.3K 209 51
Brooklyn Thorne had the perfect life. She was popular in school, well loved by her peers, had the perfect boyfriend and friend group, and was captain...
106K 2.5K 25
Most kids remember great things about them even at the age of seven. But for Devyn Walters, that's not the case. She doesn't remember anything before...