ISHQ ZAAT

By poetxhs

Alam e Muhabbat - عالمِ مُحَبَّت ✹ Nineteen-year-old Anabiya Khan is a lovely definition of purity. Shelte... More

INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS | کِردار
0 | Bazi e Qalb || بازئ قلب
۱
۲
٣
۴
۵
۶
۷
۸
۹
۱۰ | Larzish e Ehsaas || لرزشِ احساس
۱۱
۱۲
۱۳
۱۴
۱۶
۱۷
۱۸
۱۹
۲۰ | Talkh e Zindagi || تلخِ زندگی
A/N
۲۱
۲۲
۲۳
۲۴
۲۵
۲۶
۲۷
۲۸
۲۹
۳۰ | Alam e Muhabbat || عالمِ محبت
۳۱
۳۲
۳۳
۳۴
۳۵
۳۶
۳۷
۳۸
۳۹
۴۰ | Ishq Zaat || عِشق ذات
۴۱
۴۲
Finale || اِختتام
Epilogue

۱۵

21.6K 1.6K 926
By poetxhs

قہر

𝐐𝐚𝐡𝐫: 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫
noun: the state of intense aggression or to
conquer something.

ہاں ٹھیک ہے میں اپنی انا کا مریض ہوں،
آخر میرے مزاج میں کیوں دخل دے کوئ۔

- 𝗛𝗮𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗸 𝗵𝗮𝗶 𝗮𝗽𝗻𝗶 𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗮 𝗸𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗲𝘇 𝗵𝘂𝗻,
𝗔𝗮𝗸𝗵𝗶𝗿 𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝗺𝗶𝘇𝗮𝗮𝗷 𝗺𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗸𝘆𝘂𝗻 𝗱𝗮𝗸𝗵𝗮𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗸𝗼𝗶?

• • •

WALKING DOWN THE LONG CORRIDOR, JALAL ALAM SHAH HELD THE PHONE FIRMLY TO HIS EARS. "Sir, Gulzaman Khan kay betay hain dono. Gulistan Khan, jis ki death hogayi hai aur dusra Ghulfam Khan. Injuries usko bhi kafi ayi thi... but wo bach gya hai!" He could hear Hassan's voice clear on the other end.

"Taang pey fire laga tha, death kesay hogayi?" He asked him in agitation.

"Rastay Mein hee death hogayi thi sir!, blood loss bohut ziada hogya tha." Hassan replied back.

"Aur us raat wo teen larkay jo aur thay?"

"Sir wo Gulistan Khan aur Ghulfam Khan kay chacha zaad bhai thay, ussi waqt bhaag gaye thay dusray shehar!"

"Family wagera ka kya scene hai?" Jalal Shah settled down on the TV lounge sofa. "Sir family tau hai, magar unkay baray mein Gulzaman Khan puchwanay nahi de raha. Razi-namay kay paisay 4 crore maangay hain baap betay nay."

Jalal Shah let out a laugh on this. "Saalay haraamkhor!. Hassan, 4 crore unko dey kar raffa daffa karo is baat ko. Jitni jaldi khatam ho utna behtar hai.

Paisay yeh log uski biwi ko nahi day gay. Koi tareeqa nikaal kar uski biwi ya bachon say milo. Unko alehda say paisay dena!, kuch dair tak Mein khud aata hun" He responded back in a lowered tone. Emphasising each word.

"Je-jee sir." Hassan quickly answered back and Jalal Shah immediately cut the call end as soon as he saw his sister make her way towards him.

Falak passed him a nervous smile and initiated the conversation.

"Bhai, meri ek dost ki shadi ho rahi hai!, aur aur us nay mujhay invite bhi kiya hai" She sat down next to Jalal Shah and he placed his arm behind her on the backrest of the sofa.

"Acha jee? Tau aapko kab Meinay kisi jagah jaanay say roka hai? Jab dil karay chali jao!" He started twirling her hair on his finger.

"Haan wo tau hai bhai, p-par us din jana hai jis din aap ko jana tha dusri shadi pey?" Her response made him confused.

"Aap ko jidhar jaana hai aap mujhay batao, Mein khud aap ko Chor aunga!" He gave her a flat look.

"N-nahi bhai, w-wo mera Matlab hai kay-kay us din wo aap nay bataya tha na? Ek banday nay shadi pey invite kiya tha? Bus ussi din Rania ki shadi hai. Aap ka udhar jaana bhi tau important hai. Aap-aap udhar jaye. Balkay, bhabhi ko bhi sath lekar jaye. Haan!, bhabhi ko bhi tau sath outing karwani chahiye na?

Mein guards kay sath chali jaun gi." She stuttered all the while informing her brother , who squinted his eyebrows and sent a skeptical look towards her.

"Aap janti tau hau, yeh America wagera nahi hai meri jaan jo aapko aisay kisi bhi jagah akelay bhej du."

"Bhai America say tau aye huay kafi saal hogaye hain mujhay, jaanti hun sab problems Mein. Ap fazool mein itni tension lena shuru kar detay hain. Mein guards ko lekar jaa rahi hun na? A-Acha agar aap ko ziada tension ho tau b-beshak Hassan ko sath bhej day?" She drawled out nervously.

"Hassan hau ya koi bhi, is tarah tau saara waqt pareshani rahay gi. Aap nay phir jaatay sath Rania kay abu ya bhai say baat karwani hai aur mujhay har ghantay baad call karni hai? Theek hai?" He gave her a pointed stare and she furiously nodded her head.

"Jaisi aap ki marzi bhai, Acha ab yeh settled hai tau shopping pey jana hoga mujhay. Aur obviously bhabhi ko bhi lekar jaana hai kyun kay aap dono tau first time ek sath jarahay hain kahin bahir." She told in an contagious energy and her brother couldn't help himself but laugh at her enthusiasm.

"Yaar, mujhay ek zaroori jagah jaana tha. Warna mein le jaata. Aisa karo, sath lejao beshak ussay magar dehaan rakhna, koi bhi baat ho tau foran call laga dena bhai ko!"

"Ok boss!" She quickly pecked his cheek and ran upstairs.

❏ ❏ ❏

She was sitting in her room and reading a book when the maid knocked on the door.

The maid informed Anabiya that Jalal Shah was calling her in his room and Anabiya took a shaky breath before telling the maid to lead her to his room.

Walking with the maid Anabiya contemplated whether to ask or no regarding the current situation. It was weird that he had never requested her presence before and finally her curiosity got its best out of her.

"K-kyun b-bulwaya hai mujhay?" She nervously asked in a little voice and the elderly maid couldn't help but smile at the little woman.

"Bibi jee, ab yeh tau nahi maloom, aap khud puch lena Sahab jee say." politely replied back.

The maid, Farzana knocked the door and they both heard a single word from the room. "Ajao!"

Entering the room, they both met with a sight of Jalal Shah closing the cuff links of his kameez while facing the mirror.

He swiftly turned around nodded at the maid who quickly turned around and left the room, closing the door shut. Jalal Shah moved across the room till he was standing right in front of her.

Taking out his wallet, he took out an credit card and held it in his hand. "Yeh ab tum istemaal karo gi,
pin code Falak ko pata hai, aur tumharay phone mein bhi saved hai. Aj uskay sath jao gi market, apni zaroorat ki sab cheezay khareed lena." His strong voice had somehow managed to sedate Anabiya.

Looking at his extended hand holding the card, Anabiya couldn't make herself reach out for it and this made Jalal Shah raise a single eyebrow.

She quickly bought her shaky hand near and grabbed it and turned around to leave before a voice stopped her right on her tracks. "Anabiya!" She paused and turned to face him.

"Meray sath akelay mein yeh chadar ya dupatta wagera na lena ainda baad."

Her eyes widened on their own and she felt her lips part as they gaped before fixated her nervousness and slowly nodded at him.

"J-jee, a-ab jaun?". The slight crack in her voice was making it obvious that she was seconds away from breaking down.

"Jao" An amused smile settled on his lips as he softly replied back to her as he saw her rush out of his room. Tilting his head he looked around his room, trying to savour every second of her flowery scented presence left in the room.

The girls had finally settled into the car.

Anabiya held onto the chadar as she sat in the huge 4-wheeler next to Falak. "Bhabhi Meinay 2-3 outlets mein dresses dekhay hain. Aapko perfect lagay gay dekhna." Falak turned towards her and beamed at her while Anabiya politely smiled back and nodded.

"Oho, aap itni dair say kya wait kar rahay hain bhai? Gari start karay!" Falak addressed the driver, clearly agitated by the fact that the car was still parked on its rightful place.

"Chotay Saeen khud arahay hain tau unka wait kar rahay hain" The driver replied back monotonously.

Before Falak could retort back she saw her brother, walking towards the car.

Jalal Shah came towards the side of the Driver and the driver quickly rolled down the window. Slightly leaning inside the car his gaze subconsciously connected with Anabiya sitting in the back.

After being met with the intense stare Anabiya quickly redirected her focus elsewhere and attempted to breathe through her feelings.

Regaining composure, Jalal Shah turned his gaze towards the driver and instructed him to drive through the main roads and remain with the women all the time. He even ordered him to call immediately if any problem arises and the driver nodded his head.

As soon as he moved away from the car, the driver started the car and slowly started driving the car out of the vast lawn.

Watching the car move away Jalal Shah stayed rooted in his position, as he was about to move back inside he saw the girl turn her head around to look back at him from inside the car, his lips curved into short smile, a warming sensation settling within him.

And on being caught Anabiya quickly moved some of her escaped hair strands back into the chadar and turned around, but not before watching her husband let out a chuckle at her action.

جو پوچھا، شب و روز ملتے ہیں کیسے؟
تو چہرے پہ اپنے وہ زلفیں ہٹا دی۔

- 𝖩𝗈 𝗉𝗎𝖼𝗁𝖺, 𝗌𝗁𝖺𝖻 𝗈 𝗋𝗈𝗓 𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗍𝖺𝗒 𝗁𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝗄𝖾𝗌𝖺𝗒?
𝖳𝖺𝗎 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗁𝗋𝖺𝗒 𝗉𝖾𝗒 𝖺𝗉𝗇𝖺𝗒 𝗐𝗈 𝗓𝗎𝗅𝖿𝖺𝗒 𝗁𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖺 𝖽𝖾𝖾.

They had been shopping in the large mall for over an hour now,

And now Falak had finally selected a dress for Anabiya who had denied at first, clearly stunned at the beautifully embellished heavy dress but hesitant about the price tag attached with it.

"Bhabhi aap bhi na!, bhai kay strict orders hain kay saaaaab say Acha dress apkay liye buy karna hai. Aur aap tau bivi hain unki, zara ziada saara kharcha tau karwaye apnay miyan ka. Unhay bhi tau pata chalay!" Falak winked at Anabiya. Who shook her head with at the playfulness but couldn't help herself but, smile.

Soon they checked out of the shop and Falak paused outside a glass still, admiring the men's wear on the mannequin.

"Khareedna hai?" Anabiya joked at her and she finally got out of her daze. "A-arey Bhabhi, wo tau Mein bhai kay liye dekh rahi thi!" She blushed in a beetroot colour.

"Apkay bhai nay kab kurtay wagera pehn na shuru kar diye Falak?" She teased the girl who shook her head violently.

"B-bhabhi aisi tau koi baat nahi hai wo mein-mein, Acha ap pakka waada karay bhai ko nahi bataye gi?" She knew she was finally caught.

"Jaanti hun mein, andhi tau hun nahi kay nazar na aye kesay dekhti rehti ho Hassan ko, aur acha khaasa personality wala larka hai." Anabiya relieved her.

"Heina? Bohut Acha hai Hassan!, lekin bhai ghussay kay bohut tez hain, aap please yeh baat unko mat batana" Falak pleaded through her eyes while pouting.

Anabiya laughed at the childish act as they both entered the jewellery store.

"Yeh wala acha hai na?" Falak held a pair of silver earrings towards Anabiya who was about to reply back but suddenly stiffened, seeing the person enter the shop.

Gul bano along with Benazir entered the the jewellery store and they were suddenly met by Anabiya's presence.

"Anabiya?" And as if finally concluding her presence Gul bano quickly rushed towards her and gripped her arm, before dragging her out with her her in pure rage.

Benazir started following her behind and Falak started shouting at Gul bano to let Anabiya go, but all her protests went unheard. People around them didn't even bother helping out the girls.

"chērē mē bodzəi, Gul bano bhabhi?" [where are you taking me, Gul bano bhabhi?] Anabiya helplessly asked while being dragged across the mall.

Gul bano stayed quiet in her fury and Anabiya peered over her shoulder to look at Falak, "Falak, aap ghar jao, mein ajaungi!" She managed to keep a steady voice while addressing the girl running behind them to catch up.

"Bhabhi?" Falak stopped midway as she saw the lady almost throw Anabiya inside the car and then enter inside the car herself with the other girl.

The two cars sped along the road and Falak stayed stunned in her position for a second or two before shakily taking out her phone to call her brother.

"H-hello bhai?" Jalal Shah was driving his car when he heard his sister's worrisome voice.

"Falak, beta kheryat hai? Kya hogya hai?" He was alerted immediately, clearly tensed to hear the next response.

"Bh-bhai, wo koi aurtain aayi thi!, aur-aur wo bhabhi ko zabardasti saath le gayi. Bhai mujhay bohut dar lag raha tha. Bhabhi nay bola hai kay wo wapis ajayegi or Mein ghar jaun, par bhai mujhay nahi lagta kay-" her voice broke down while completing her sentence.

"Falak meri jan, aap dar kyun rahi ho? Gari Mein jao aur meri driver say baat karwao jaldi say." Jalal Shah took a breath to calm his self down and softly spoke to his sister.

Falak nodded quickly as if he could see her right now and sprinted towards the car, she gave her phone to the driver who confusedly looked at her and listened to the call.

"Kya bola tha Meinay?" Jalal Shah bit out his words and his grip on the steering wheel became painfully tight. J-jee sahab, m-mujhay nahi pata tha." The driver wiped his sweat on the forehead while replying in a tensed voice.

"Foran, ghar chor kay aa meri behn ko, baad Mein puchu ga is sab kay baaray mein!" He growled at him through the phone and shut the call end.

Jalal Shah then quickly dialled Hassan's number. "Haan Hassan, Mein Zaeem Khan kay ghar jaa raha hun abhi!. Pohnch nahi paunga Gulzaman Khan ki taraf"

"S-sir, Guards wagera bheju apki taraf?" Hassan got up from the sofa in an alerted stance and went out of the lounge of Gulzaman Khan.

"Nahi!, iski zaroorat nahi hai." He dismissed the idea and ended the call, leaving behind a worried Hassan to pace around the green garden.

Gul bano pushed Anabiya out of the car as soon as they had arrived back to the haveli and Anabiya heard a string of curses being sent towards her by Benazir.

Gul bano motioned Benazir to take Anabiya with her as she took out her phone and thought of calling Daryab Khan but quickly pressed down Agha Zaeem Khan's number instead, "Assalam u Alaikum, Charta ye, Baba?, Anabiya mil gayi hai, ghar Ley ai hun issay!" [where are you Baba?]

Agha Zaeem Khan was out on the lands sitting with his son, Tawfeeq Khan. Daryab Khan and Batoor Khan had arrived a few minutes earlier so they also settled down with the elderly men and as soon as Zaeem Khan heard Gul bano's call he quickly informed the men, while getting up with them to leave for the haveli.

Noor was sitting on the dinning table, cutting vegetables when she saw Benazir enter with Anabiya behind her. She froze momentarily.

"Aapi?" She quickly rushed forward but was stopped midway when Gul bano gripped her forearm with her hands, making sure to dug her nails into her skin.

Amna had heard a commotion from the kitchen and quickly came outside. Seeing Anabiya was enough to knock the air out of her. "Chorro meri beti ko!" She screamed at Gul bano who quickly left Noor's arm.

"Gul bano, jaanay do Anabiya ko" Amna almost pleaded out, aware of the possible consequences.

"Rasha kanaa!" [Not possible!] Gul bano replied back in an disrespectful manner. While the rest of the residents of the haveli quickly started entering the frame.

"Daa tsəshay di?" [what is this?] Anna came closer and as soon as she saw Anabiya she stilled in position. She despised them with an intensity but even she was aware of the severity this situation might turn out to be in.

Benazir quickly grabbed keys from the table next to her and clutched Anabiyas arm again to yank her towards upstairs.

"Ze gram ne yem!" [I haven't done anything wrong!] Anabiya's screams and cries were heard by everyone as she struggled against the hold and was finally taken away from everyone's sight.

Tears overflowed Amna's face as she fell on the ground. Noor ran towards her mother and hugged her tightly, "Ya Allah!, Reham!" Amna choked on her words while crying.

Agha Zaeem Khan entered with the other men of the family. A stoic look plastered on Daryab Khan's face.

The men settled in the Mardaan Khana in grave silence. As soon as Batoor Khan tried speaking a guard quickly came in announcing the arrival of the unexpected.

Zaeem Khan was about to order something when both of the doors were pushed open with an intensity.

Sardar Jalal Shah entered the room in a single powerful stride, throwing the car keys on the table along with his phone, crossing his one leg over another as he sat down on the sofa right opposite of Agha Zaeem Khan's.

"Arey Arey Koi Mehmaan Nawazi nahi hogi yahan kya? Akhir kar Ghar ka Damaad aaya hai pehli dafa!"

It took a well time for everyone to digest the shock. While the arrogant man kept a smirk fixed on his face.

Anabiya roughly wiped her tears away. A prayer of help constant on her lips. Hiccups deeply convulsed her body. The door was suddenly shook open and her surprised gaze went towards it.

Noor quickly ran to her sister and got her up in an instant. "Aapi, Jalal Jeeju agaye hain neechay. Aapko jaldi say neechay lekar jaana hoga." Anabiya felt her heartbeat picking up. She regained her self and quickly left the room with her sister.

"Meray paas faaltu ka waqt nahi hai, meri biwi ko bulao aur iss baat ko mukao"

Jalal Shah growled out his words and Daryab Khan clenched his jaw tightly, he was about to get up when Tawfeeq Khan held him back. Batoor Khan shook his head in disappointment, clear vileness visible on his features.

"Sardar Jalal Shah, Tumharay sath tau Abhi hamara puraana hisaab bhi rehta hai, behtar hoga kay larki ko yehi rehnay do aur chalay jao!" Agha Zaeem Khan bit out his words and Jalal Shah took out his pistol from the belt and placed it on the table.

"Meinay tau nihayat izzat aur ehtaram say baat shuru ki thi" Jalal Shah clenched his fists and tilted his head, clearly toying with Agha Zaeem Khan.

Tawfeeq Khan was about to interrupt when Anabiya rushed inside.

Her gaze met with Jalal who let out a breath of relief after seeing her ok but a frown settled on Jalal Shah's lips upon viewing her painfully red eyes and dishevelled state.

"Anabiya, gari Mein jaakar betho" Jalal Shah instructed her who hesitantly looked at the men of her family but no one dared to speak against him.

"Anabiya!" Jalal Shah growled out in his domineering voice and she quickly got back in her senses, as soon as she turned around they all heard Batoor Khan direct an profanity towards her. It was loud and clear as it echoed across the room.

Jalal Shah turned around within a second.

"Kya bola hai tu nay? Haan? KYA BHONKA HAI?" He strode towards his, face all red in fury and landed a single straight blow to his face.

Batoor Khan fell on the ground with a loud thud as he spat blood along with a broken tooth. Jalal Shah gripped him from his collars and forced him straight on his feet again. Batoor Khan's eyes bulged out of their socket in fear.

Another punch on the face shortly followed with a series of kicks and abuses. The guards came in within a second and Daryab Khan held a hand in air to stop them from intervening, family or not, Daryab Khan himself couldn't contain his rage towards Batoor Khan.

Zaeem Khan motioned the guards to shoot at Jalal Shah, clearly fuelled with the anger.

But the guards weren't naive enough to start firing at him. "Jalal!" Anabiya couldn't help herself but scream in a manner to stop the violent beating, intimidated with the amount of guards that had rushed inside with heavy arms but her husband didn't stop his fists.

Batoor Khan struggled against the hold till he was thrown at Anabiya's feet. "Chal maafi ki bheek maang, kuttay" Anabiya looked at Jalal Shah with wide eyes, as if not believing the current situation.

"Nahi maangay ga?" Jalal Shah bent down to get him up and Batoor Khan started apologising in a trance.

Still, Jalal Shah picked him up and held him towards himself and as soon as he was met with Batoor Khan's gaze he growled at him. "Ankhain neechay kar Haraamzade!, Noch lunga teri ankhain Mein."
Throwing him to the table in front of Agha Zaeem Khan, Jalal roared out his words and it was audible to everyone present in the room.

"Biwi hai meri Anabiya, Jalal Alam Shah ki biwi hai.!

Aj yeh zabardasti wali ghalti kar di. Agli baar kisi nay yeh harkat ki tau iss haveli ki deewaray hila kay rakh du ga!"

Jalal Shah picked his items from the table. And picked his pistol before eyeing everyone in the room, daring to refute.

"Hatt oye!" He shoved a guard standing next to the door with a rifle before leaving the room with Anabiya following him behind.

As soon as he got out of the main door, aiming his pistol up in the air, he shot thrice as if to let every resident of the haveli aware of his presence and finally settling into his luxurious 4-wheeler with Anabiya who kept her hands over her ears, still trying to reciprocate towards the situation.

Agha Zaeem Khan let out a string of curses towards Jalal Shah and even at Daryab Khan for not being a man enough to stop the Sardar from beating his own brother-in-law.

"Agar mard ban nay say murad Kisi ki behn, biwi, beti ko izzat ki niggahon say nahi, uski izzat ko niggahon say dekhnay kay hain, tau Haan, nahi hun mein Mard!"

Daryab Khan shook his head while disgustingly looking at the man currently having his body parts disarranged on the floor and leaving the room.

Agha Zaeem Khan sat down on the sofa in intense rage. He was unable to digest the insult. So he had finally made up his mind.
"Iss Sardar ko maut kay munh tak na pohnchaya, tau mera naam bhi Zaeem Khan nahi. Is zalaalat ko saari zindagi nahi bhoolu ga!"

جو کچھ گزری ہے غنیمت ہے اے ہم نشین،
اب زندگی پہ غور کی فرصت نہیں مجھے۔

- 𝗝𝗼 𝗸𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗴𝘂𝘇𝗿𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝗶 𝗴𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗺𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗶 𝗮𝗲𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗻𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗔𝗯 𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗴𝗶 𝗽𝗲𝘆 𝗴𝗮𝘂𝗿 𝗸𝗶 𝗳𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗮𝘁 𝗻𝗮𝗵𝗶 𝗺𝘂𝗷𝗵𝗮𝘆.

• • •

Whoo, finally done yayyy. Can I have sum hugs?! Also, Jalal literally said in this chapter:

Eeenth ka jawab phool say do,
Magar phool uski qabar pey ho.
Sksksks.

Acha so, I wanted address ek baat, kay this story is based in a rural area, having Pathan tribes in majority and Sardar Jalal Shah isn't a PATHAN, nope, he's a PUNJABI feudal lord

I love the fact that I've gained 15k views in just 2 MONTHS *smiling on the inside*

the ones who silently read but don't comment or vote, please do. Yar mein comments parh kay bohut khush hoti hun <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 5.8K 22
FORCED MARRIAGE ROMANCE. This is the story of an average middle class girl. She is a naive girl simply living her life but one day when her freedom...
7.6K 609 16
In the turbulent village, the story introduces us to Zardan, Zartaj, Zartasha and Yazan whose lives take unexpected turns as they navigate cultural t...
430K 15.5K 29
Rayyan Ali Khan CEO of Khan Enterprises. Eldest son of the famous Khan Family. A perfect family man. Ayesha Siddiqui Daughter of Pakistan's famous H...
JUNOON || جنون By Ira

Historical Fiction

25.7K 1.3K 26
An arranged marriage between two contrasting yet similar people. Will it work? Urwa Shah A nineteen year old girl filled with dreams. A strict father...