To New Beginnings.

By raghadCa

It all made sense now, the journal, the letters and her death. I was never lost; it was there but I was just... More

Chapter one: The endless night
Milkshake
Cut off
Missing home
Lonely
Newbie
Burden
Homesick
Drama
Blame
Flashbacks
News
Rumors
Pity
Acceptance
Bond
Fear of abandonment
Shotgun
Missed out
Hurtful truth
A human pole
Rosie?
Charity work
AUTHOR note
Runaway
Doubts
Important info! ❤️☺️
Opening up
Heyyyy!
Blocked out
Places
Promises
Trust
Vulnerabilities
Transparent
Too good to be true
Two worlds
Replacement
Deeply falling
Siblings
Lost hope
Broken souls
Fearful memories
Losing control
Losing myself
psychopath
Hospitalized
Cardiac death
Triggers
Unrevealed
Redhanded
The letter
Something missing.
Her death.
He left
Lost yet found
Hidden
Hunt
Hidden in a box
Truth, be told
Distructed
Important
Elliotte
Guys 🥹
Chaos
The deadly truth
VERY VERY IMPORTANT!
Note

Safe haven

112 14 49
By raghadCa

Hazels P.O.V.

They say " life is simple. "
Is it really?

The good days, yes I agree, but along with the days of distress, where all your hopes drift away. . . Could it be?

How could life be simple when there could be so many qualities that come with it?

Love, faith, regret, suffer, sorrow and agony define that life couldn't be simple cause after faith comes hope and after hope follows love.
Love wouldn't be complete if you didn't suffer and sometimes retrieve agony leading into sorrow and regret.
How could all of this be defined as simple, when you can define it as painfully beautiful.

As to the days where you feel genuinely happy, you'd look at life from a point where you'd believe it'll last.

Looking at life from different points is the beauty of it. Telling yourself that it is simple simply wouldn't allow you to enjoy the beauty of it.
One moment I feel like I'm hurt, that no one could ever help me, the next I realize how lucky I am for the twists and turns in my life. Without them, I wouldn't be here with people that actually care about me, that are willing to put a smile on my face, that are willing to try...
Pain doesn't decease life once you've felt it, you'd appreciate the love once it comes.

" Are you not coming? " Melanie shouted cutting the melody of my thoughts and turning me to the laughter of our friends.

That's the word I was looking for, " melody. "

Life is a melody of notes high and low.

_____________

We were all seated Sunday afternoon at the same park we went to last time, not the place me and Tyler went to. That was a complete other place.
Today Anna phrased that we needed to spend some quality time together as a family so she missed work and prepared everything for the barbeque. She also asked Tyler to invite our friends which they did gladly which warmed my heart knowing they all look to Anna as another mother and the same with Anna. She looks to them as her own.

The weather along with the vibe was beyond beautiful. Adam stumbled after the ball as Alex and Ales tossed it over him leading Adam to look like the cutest mokney in the middle. Once in a while Blake or Seth would steal the ball and give it to Adam run off with him and the ball.
The boys were tossing the football while we girls were seated talking to Anna.

" I've seen Hazel's outfits and they fire. " Anna started in an exaggerated matter causing us to chuckle before the girls agreed.

" You should see the way she dresses up for school. She even passed Cloe. " Melanie smiled beaming at me proudly.

" You call Cloe's outfits fashion? " Amelia gasped continuing what she had to say about Cloes wardrobe.

" That girl wears one colour a day following the rules of mean girls wearing pink every Wednesday. Lennie, you shouldn't even compare her to Hazel. "

" Wow, I never expected that. " I chuckled lightly astounded.

" I've seen your outfits and trust me people that work with me can barely do what you do. " Anna confirmed referring to her job which I believe is a fashionist.

" I guess I know what I want to do in my future. " I laughed

" Since you enjoy it, why not give it a try? "

" I do actually, ever since I was young I loved to choose my own dresses but I always thought of it as a hobby, nothing else. "

" Please, shut up! " Melanie hissed nudging me in a joking matter when my phone broke our conversation.

" It's dad. " I turned to Anna a bright smile on my face excusing myself and walked past the boys when I was supposed to walk down the hill when Adam called for me wanting to join.

" Hazooww! "
" Adam! " I squealed in the same energy as his. I notified Anna that he was with her before we ran down and I accepted the call.

" Hello. "Dad's voice appeared along with a smile on my face.

" Pops! " I called knowing exactly how bad he hated that nickname.

" Hazelnuts! " dad retorted causing me to pout.
" Okay, I get it you win, I lose. "
Dad chuckled in response before I spoke.

" I missed this. I miss you, dad. "

" Daddy!!! " Adam shrieked beside me leading us to fall in a fit of laughter before letting him have a moment with uncle John.

I realized how much I sounded like to Adam sounding like my old self. Starting from the fact that I chose to let go and accept the way my life turned out. Letting people in again was the main difference, acceptance. I was too focused on how much I was enjoying this to the point where I forget all about my flaws and my anxiety. With them, I forget everything that brings back bad memory even if we were speaking about a related topic I managed to forget.
It's not the same as before I came here. It felt like I had Aaron by my side again, but not just one, two. I don't refer to Alec and Tyler as my brother. I never will, but the way they stand by me, help me and take care of me reminded me of before.

" Hazel? " Dad called breaking me from my thoughts.

" Yeah? "

" I missed ya too kiddo. Don't hesitate to call me whenever and I'll be right by your side. "

Those words again. . .

" I will, bye dad! I gotta go. "

" Bye Haz! "

I took Adam by the lake as I held onto his petite hand in mine as he questioned.

" Hazow, whewes daddy? "

" My daddy and yours went to work, but hey they'll be back in no time. " I beamed at him trying to convince him rather than myself.

After my little conversation I had with Adam I piggybacked him to Anna as the twins asked me to join in on their tossing which I gladly accepted to.

" Wow Hazel you almost pitch better than Seth, Tyler and Blake combined. " Alex gasped.

" I heard my name. " Blake yelled out leading everyone to turn our way.

" You should see- " and that's when the football that was a moment in my hand across the field and straight into Blake's hands as he held a surprised look along with the rest.

" Did she just pitch better than Tyler or am I seeing things? " Alec is the first to speak before Blake replied.

" Tell me about it, she's a full package. " causing everyone to laugh my cheeks flaring.

" You have too much to tell us. " Melanie squinted not believing what she just saw.

One by one pitched in till all of us were pitching and catching when Blake brought the idea of us playing a game rather than tossing the damn ball.
His words, not mine.
I didn't approve of the idea, neither did the girls, but they were convinced as I stood there not phased.

We decided to choose team captains well, actually, Blake was the one to make that decision which was funny because he put himself as team captain and Tyler as the other.
They played rock and scissors for who to start.

Tyler being, he chose Seth then Blake chose Alec. Tyler then chose Ales and Blake chose Alex.
It was pretty obvious that we girls were to be chosen last.
" Hazel. " Tyler called out assigning that I was on his team then Amelia was chosen by Blake.

" The losing team buys supper! " Alex shouted which led Blake to beam at him as he held his hand out for a shake or whatever guys call it.

Blake was awfully right when he mentioned that he, Tyler and Seth were pros at this sport. Alec on the other hand wasn't bad at all but just didn't have the passion they had.

" Hazel! " I was being yelled at as the ball was flying my way but I luckily turned a minute before it hit me in the face.

Everyone didn't think I'd catch it since they all stood there with faces proving that they were waiting for the impact, but it never did appear.

I took that as my cue to sprint off to their side of the field to make a touchdown which I did easily leaving Blake and Alex behind who I dodged by the way.

" Woohoo, Hazel!! " Anna shrieked sheering me on as everyone else stood speechless.

I nudged Blake who stood there his jaw hanging before I whispered.

" You wouldn't want bugs down there now, would you? "

", but like how!? No one ever outruns me. " he intrigued eyeing me as if making sure if I cheated. He then turned to Tyler for assurance, instead, Tyler smirked and said.
" I guess it runs in our team. "

", but like Hazel how?? " Alex whined turning to me while everyone else stood waiting for the answer.

I paused reminding myself of the past and the memories it held before I also reminded myself that I shouldn't be revealing anything that would open up a wound that shouldn't be open.

" I guess, it runs in the blood. " I smirked before sprinting back to our part of the field.

" You sure are a full package huh? " Tyler smiled down at me.

" There can also be bad things along with the package. " I smiled down at my feet as my smile faltered.

I stormed off to cover Ales that was being tackled by Ales who acknowledged my presence and threw me the football which I clutched onto easily and sprinted pitching it to Tyler by the far end of their field and well I guess you can predict what happened next.

A pout was formed on Melanie's face as I cheered.
Melanie then began to whine.
" I feel like a kid that has been tricked, told that he was playing, but it was just to make him feel good. "

Blake fell into a fit of laughter hugging her knowing it was truly true.

" Hey, if you were on our team I would've passed it to you without you even asking me to. " I smiled genuinely speaking.

" Uhh Hazel, you're making me sound more of a baby! " And with that, everyone burst out laughing knowing it clearly felt true.

" Your face- Hazel was - ah " Blake choked on his laughter trying to say something, but couldn't.

" Imma go play with Adam. "
Everyone was still historically laughing but me and Seth who had amused faces. I tried to maintain a straight face as I convinced Melanie to stay with us.

I walked off the field approaching Tyler who was staring at us Adam in his lap. I could see Tyler bluntly staring at me as I passed by him and Adam to fetch a drink when I cleared my throat a smile on my face.
" You stare a lot " I smiled as he knitted his eyebrows in response.

" and you sure smile a lot. "

" It comes with the package. " I chuckled as he walked away the boys calling for him before he asked me to keep an eye on Adam while he went and spoke to them.

Twenty minutes later and I was still seated a sleeping Adam in my lap holding him close to my chest as I rocked him gently. The boys decided to finish the last ten minutes of the game before we head home since it was getting pretty dark and Anna has already left earlier leaving Adam who cried the whole time clutching onto Tylers leg.

It was cute if you asked me.
What was beyond cuter was Tyler who chose to take a break earlier once Adam still had a soaked face.

" Hey. " Tyler whispered freaking the hell out of me.

" Next time let me know you came! You freaked the hell out of me! " I whisper yelled at him trying my best not to wake Adam up who was still peacefully asleep in my arms.

" Didn't I just greet you once I came? "

At that point, I felt dumb as I store off in the blue as if taking a moment to comprehend what was saying.
" Whatever. " I murmured blushing turning to Adam as Tyler stood there staring at me, us to be precise.

Tyler then stated out of the blue
" You know, he really likes you. "

" He's a kid, he likes everyone. "
I retorted chuckling.

" He doesn't easily. He doesn't approach anyone he doesn't know that fast, but you it was different. He called you his sister the next day you came. " He smiled to himself as I did the same knowing that I was trusted by a kid.

" You should've seen how long it took him to get used to uncle Ethan. " He continued as my eyebrows knitted together confused.

" wait, dad used to come here a lot? "

" Yeah, he visited countless times, but he wouldn't stay for long. Why? "

" No, it's just. . . There were times when he leaves not giving us notice to where he was heading yet I never expected him to leave the country. "
I answered back a sad smile set on my face when I and Valery used to calm mom down once they've had a fight and we'd stay up all night waiting for dad to come back, but he never does until a week passes by.

I guess now I know where he ends up going to, but not Valery. . .

" Sorry, I didn't - " Tyler apologized once he saw the look on my face.

" No worries. You know, It's getting dark and Adam's asleep. We should inform them to gather up so that we can all leave. " I rambled him nodding in response rubbing the back of his neck and approaching the guys who were all laid on the grass staring at the sunset.

It was a beautiful view if you ask me, well them not the sunset not that the sunset isn't beautiful, but the way they were all just lying there joking was beautiful.

Tyler and I had to ruin their moment as ours has. They all then came walking towards me and Adam.

" I'd die to lay in someones arms and fall asleep without having to think about anything. " Melanie states everyone agreeing whether a name or a yell like Blake's yell.

I couldn't agree more. All I want is to become that little girl again and live by each moment of the past years without having to think about anything.

If I could only live by the moment I'm in and not think of the past...
, but that isn't me. . .

" Earth to Hazel. " Alex called

" Sorry. "

" You didn't agree? "
He questioned everyones eyes on me all my thoughts and words were scrambled like the game leaving me speechless.

Alessandro then spoke instead of me.
" Don't you see it? Hazel is the type to hold on to that person and worry instead of him. It's right there. " Alessandro stated pointing at me holding on to Adam as my life depended on it.

I smiled on assurance at the way he put it.

" It's true. I am not the type to feel safe in someone's arms. I'd hold onto anyone and make sure they trust me and I would truly care for them, but it wouldn't be easy for me to let them do the same. "

" Move Adam aside! I'm jumping in Hazels arms. " Blake shouted causing all of us to fall into a fit of laughter once again.

" Oh btw Blake, Our team won so technically dinner's on you, Blakey. " Seth smirked his voice stern yet there was a hint of amusement to it.
Blake's smile instantly dropped
" Hey, it's not my fault you guys got all the good playe- Ow! What was that for! "
Blake whined as he got hit upside the head by Alec before muttering again.

" I was talking about the girls, but since you mentioned it, you weren't a big help either. "

" Whatever you say, Blakey! " Alec chuckled at his form of a best friend leading me to burst out each time they call him by that nickname.

Blake then turned to me narrowing his eyes.
" Don't forget that you're milkshake girl. "

" Hey, at least It's better than shotgun boy! " I winked Alex high fiving me as they all laughed.

We were all on our way to the parking lot. I was ahead Adam still in my arms as the background of their laughter put a hint of a smile on my face realizing they were stuck with me and I was stuck with them.

If I were to be put in the same position last year so wouldn't accept, but the bad things in life always bring out the good by teaching me that:
If I were to trust, I will receive.
If I will accept then I will have to believe that all of this was meant to be. . .

—————————————————----
Hey guys!!! This is not an end to the novel. I just enjoy ending each chapter with a quote or a lesson that Hazel has learnt that specific day or just happened to realize and thought I'd put a bit of positivity to the end of the chapters with a hint of happiness on where life is taking her, so buckle up guys! The ride is bound to begin. I'm so happy with where the novel is heading. There will be so many reveals in the storyline that you guys will appreciate, not all though.

Okay, enough boring talk! How are all of you!? I've missed you all so much and hope that you all are doing as well as me. My university results for my second semester are out and I'm beyond happy that I aced the semester. I still happily teach, but I still, feel like I have a lot to learn. My novel has also reached 3k which still sounds unbelievable to me, but you guys are making my dreams come true and I honestly feel so blessed!

I hope that you all are safe and healthy and blessed as I am. 🥺❤️❤️
Please do remember that if any of you need someone to rant to know that your friend is always by ( me ). ❤️❤️
Love y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56 0 7
"I never thought this would happen. Ever. Especially not to me. Never in my life did I think that one day, everybody I loved would die. And definitel...
880K 41.7K 45
Seventeen years old James is used to having foster kids around the house. Some stay for weeks, others for months, and even the most problematic of th...
1.3K 242 51
"I loved knowing she was scared of me. My insides were hurting from all the build up anger. It was all her fault. It was her fault my life was a mess...
154K 3.7K 54
‼️Content warning and trigger warning‼️ This is a dark romance and contains mature content that is not suitable for all readers. The trigger warnings...