Dark Paradise | ✔︎

By sinfulxhaze

Two notorious mafias in Italy one is ruled by Gabriella Sangriento and the other is ruled by Giovanni Carson... More

Characters
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chpater 38
Chpater 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Bonus Chapter
Author's note
BOOK TWO

Chapter 52

12.8K 278 665
By sinfulxhaze

THE OCEAN WAS LIKE A RIPPLING of electric blue. Squabbling seagulls flew overhead.

It was soothing and I was glad to get away from the stresses of life.

"What are you thinking about?" A familiar voice was heard over my shoulder. "Nothing," I uttered.

Giovanni was silent for a moment. "Thank you," I muttered out of the blue.

He seemed shocked but immediately brushed it off. "For..." He trailed off.

As I lay on my back, arms out with my eyes closed I wondered what I was thanking him for.

I don't normally thank people but here I am thanking him for something.

Probably what he did for my birthday. I don't normally celebrate birthdays, nothing too personal. I just grew out of it.

I fluttered my eyes open and I gazed ahead. The sound of heavy waves crashing on the huge rocks and seagulls squawking brought a smile to my face.

I chuckled softly. "I don't know," I said as I turned my body to the side, placing my head on my hand.

Giovanni pulled himself up, and when his gaze finally came up to me he cocked his head to the side. "Hmmm." He teased.

I scoffed. "I'm serious! I don't know what I'm thanking you for."

Giovanni leaned in. "The sex or this..." he said waving his finger back and forth between us. I playfully rolled my eyes and pulled myself up. "Are you coming?" I questioned as I tried to change the subject.

"Where to?"

I stretched my arm out to help Giovanni up, he happily accepted my offer. We stared at each other for a moment, the sunlight made his golden eyes even more golden.

"I should thank you for tolerating my bullshit." His gaze sparked before turning around and making his way to the shallow waters.

I stood there and watched him because his toned back was a nice front.

As he ran deeper into the water he dived in. A couple of seconds passed then Giovanni emerged from the sea, water trickling down his broad shoulders. "Are you coming!" he yelled.

I sighed and slowly wandered down the small sandy path to the beach. I stood there as the wet sand squished in between my toes. I stepped forward into the cool water as it lapped around my ankles.

A shiver ran down my spine.

Gazing ahead Giovanni pushed his dark brown hair back as he patiently waited for me. I'm not scared of the water, it just takes time for my body to adjust to the water's cold temperature.

I sighed and slowly walked in, each step I took the water raised. I felt relaxed about how the cool water felt against my hot skin.

Giovanni swam towards me and then pulled me towards him.

I tightly shut my eyes when the waves splashed on my face. Wiping it off with one hand I opened my eyes again and then let out a breath.

"The water feels amazing." I laughed then wrapped my thighs around Giovanni's waist.

"It is." He replied and began to walk further into the sea. "Giovanni," I warned.

He chuckled and stopped when the water reached just above his shoulders. "Relax." He declared as he let me go.

I immediately wrapped my hands around his neck when I realized I couldn't stand in the water.

"Seriously," I stated. "Not my fault, you're short." he mocked and I splashed him with water. "Did you just splash me?"

I nodded and splashed him again. He shakes his wetness and then lunges at me underwater.

I emerged from the water Giovanni cracking up as his head fell back.

He's so adorable when he laughs at dumb things.

He caught me staring, his cheeks flushed while he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

Each time I look at him; my love for him grows.

"What?"

I smiled. "I'll never forget the moment I realized I loved you."

His cheeks flushed and I giggled.

He's so adorable. I thought to myself.

I warped my arms around Giovanni's neck and then kissed him slowly and gently.

We kissed each other as if it were our last day on earth together. He kissed away my loneliness and loved me back to life.

Giovanni pulled away and pressed his forehead against mine. "I'm so lucky to have you."

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

We spent half of our day at the beach. I enjoyed it apart from the time when Giovanni would tease me and eat all my ice cream, of course, I persuaded him into buying me more.

When the sun started to set, he told me that he had another surprise for me so we went back to the beach house to get ready.

I don't have anything nice to wear. All they packed for me were bikinis, lingerie, dresses, and skirts.

I'm not mad that Chiara packed me with lingerie, I might surprise Giovanni later.

"Here," Giovanni said as he handed me the present from Oscar and Théo.

I cleared my throat and then removed the cover. My eyes widened when I saw a red silk fabric.

Pulling it out of the box my eyes admired the deep red blake gown. My fingers brushed against the silk fabric.

"This is beautiful," I exclaimed. "Théo picked it out for you." He explained.

I nod my head and smile. "He does have a taste." Giovanni chuckled.

I place the dress neatly on the bed then remove my robe. Tossing it on the bed I picked the dress up and stepped into it, slowly pulling it up till it reached my shoulders.

I turned around so that my back faces Giovanni. "Could you please zip up my dress?"

"Sure."

I felt his cold fingers against my hot skin warmth rushed to the pit of my stomach, spreading through me like fire.

The fact that Giovanni can affect me in so many ways is still hard to process.

He slowly pulled the zip up and then plopped both his hands on each of my shoulders. "You okay?" I nod my head. "Yeah."

Giovanni kissed my cheek and then stepped back. I turned around and smiled.

"You look stunning," he uttered. I blush. "Thanks."

I step back, "I'll get your jacket." I said then made my way to the bathroom.

When I entered the bathroom I noticed his jacket hanging on the shower handle.

I removed Giovanni's jacket from the hanger as I was about to walk out and something fell out from one of his pockets.

I bent down to pick it up and noticed it was a ring box.

My eyes narrowed wondering why he has a ring box. I peeked through the door to make sure Giovanni was in the next room. Standing up I slowly opened the box and my heart skipped eight beats at once when I saw an engagement ring.

My jaw dropped and I froze.

Is he going to propose?

"Gabriella!" Giovanni called out from the next room.

I quickly closed the box and placed it back in his pocket. I turned around and stumbled back when I saw Giovanni.

His smile dropped when he realized something was wrong. "Are you feeling okay, you look pale," he said with a frown.

I shook my head and forced a smile. "I'm fine," I replied then walked out.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

My mind was all over the place.

Is Giovanni going to propose, why would he do that? It's too soon. I'm barely halfway through having the baby.

My palms were sweaty as I gazed out the car window. I'm not ready for marriage. I thought we were taking things slow.

I shifted in my seat when Giovanni placed his hand on my thigh. "Are you okay?" He questioned. I took a deep breath and tried to ignore the unease in my body.

"Yes." I croak and clear my throat. "Yes," I repeated with more confidence.

Twenty minutes have passed of complete silence. My heart felt like it would rip out of my chest any second. "What's wrong?" Giovanni declared. A cold sweat drifted through me.

"Gabriella..." He turned to face. "Eyes on the road," I informed. "You are trying to avoid the topic."

I don't want to bring it up because I might be wrong. The ring could mean something else or his holding it for a friend.

I mentally slapped myself at how dumb that sounded. Holding it for a friend, why would he keep someone else's ring on our vacation?

I took a deep breath. "I found an engagement ring in one of your jackets," I said, finally having the courage to look at him.

"Oh, Gabriella-" Giovanni squeezed my thigh and turned to face me. "Eyes on the road." I cut him off.

Now that I'm pregnant we have to be careful even with the smallest things.

"Sorry." He said. "Look Giovanni, I know I'm having a baby with you, and we finally admitted our feelings for each other but I'm not ready to take the next, NEXT step with you. It's too soon."

"When did you find the ring?"

"Before we left."

Giovanni sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm sorry you had to find out like this." He chuckled softly. "It's not an engagement ring, amore."

I narrowed my eyes. "I'm also not ready for marriage, I don't mind proposing to you right now but I also think it's too soon." Giovanni declared.

He was silent for a moment. I waited for him to continue but he was distracted by something else. "Giovanni?"

He cleared his throat. "What I'm trying to say is that the ring is for you..." he chuckled. "It was a birthday surprise. A promise ring."

Now I feel bad. I ruined his big special surprise. "I'm sorry for ruining the surprise," I whispered.

Laying my head back on the car seat I sighed, relieved that Giovanni would not propose.

A couple of minutes have passed. I wonder where Giovanni is taking me?

I turned my head to face him, opening my mouth to speak. I closed it when I noticed something was wrong.

"What's wrong?"

"I think we're being followed." I shot my head up. "What?!"

I peeked through the rear-view mirror and noticed a black van behind us with its lights turned off so that we couldn't detect the vehicle.

"Why are you saying that?" I questioned. "About thirty minutes ago I noticed the car, at first I didn't make a big deal about it but now I'm certain that it's following us."

"The fact that their headlights are turned off," I added.

I was furious.

All I'm asking is for a good fucking time with my boyfriend.

I pulled out two guns from under my seat and tossed one to Giovanni. "Drive faster and when they attack we will open fire," I said as I cocked my gun.

He stepped hard on the gas pedal not a second later Giovanni probably made a long skid mark behind us.

"Turn here," I stated pointing to the empty road on the left.

He turned the corner, nearly tipping the car over in the process. I peeked through the rearview mirror and noticed that they were nearly caught up to us.

Dammit.

Who sent these people?

And how did they figure out that they were no longer in Rome?!

"Hold tight," Giovanni said, baring his teeth.

He shifted the gear and held tightly on the wheel that his knuckles turned white. My head bounced back when the rear windshield exploded, shards like bullets peppering the interior leather.

"Fuck!" Giovanni yelled. He rolled down both our windows. I peeked my head out to take a glance at the vehicle. I pulled the gun and aimed for the tire but missed. I cursed under my breath and instantly douched a bullet.

Giovanni pulled me in and told me to take over the wheel.

He pulled out two guns from under his seat then popped his head out the window and began to shoot.

The car spun, wheels trailing smoke. "Be careful!" I yelled out my eyes still focused on the road.

I turned left and Giovanni almost fell out of the car. "Sorry!"

Swerve, right. BRAKE!

Gunshots sounded out Giovanni returned the fire.

"TURN RIGHT GABRIELLA!" He shouted.

From the tone and volume, he wasn't doing much.

Giovanni yanked the steering wheel. "Bulletproof tires and windows." He said out of breath.

Tires screamed in agony, burnt and smoked rubber filling the cabin. "FUCK! Hold on, hold on!" He screamed. I leaned back as I held on tight to Giovanni's seat.

He immediately turned left, nearly tipping the car over

He stopped the car, and both of our bodies bounced back from the force.

A couple of seconds passed as we both tried to catch our breaths.

He looked over his shoulder instead. "I think we los-"

The car flew off the end of the unfinished bridge into thin air.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

My eyes felt heavy.

My entire body is sore. Constant ringing in my ears.

Gabriella.

Gabriella.

"Gabriella." A faint voice called out.

I slowly fluttered my eyes, everything was blurry. "Gabriella woke up!" there's the voice again. "Please baby come on! You need to wake up."

My breathing is slow. The smell of smoke filled my nose.

"Fuck!"

My vision slowly returned and everything seemed upside down and hazy.

"Fuck! DON'T FUCKING TOUCH HER!!" The familiar voice yelled.

I swear that voice sounded familiar. A gunshot is heard.

I hissed when my body made contact with the ground. Strong arms picked me up. I looked up and the person looked so familiar.

"Giovanni," I whispered as I slowly drifted into the darkness.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

A sharp intake of breath and I'm awake somehow staring into a blank-colored ceiling.

What happened?

Where am I?

Where is Giovanni?

A million questions ran through my head. My mind is completely blank.

I tried to stand up but something pulled me back.

I hissed as my head and back began to ache.

I turned my head and realized that there is nothing in this room besides a bed and a small window in the far left corner of the room with an old-dull light bulb swinging back and forth above me. I noticed a camera in the far right corner of the room. Everything else is concrete.

I slowly pulled myself up and then gently placed my head on the wall as I sat on the bed with my legs and hands chained to the bed.

I noticed that I was no longer in my dress instead I was in an old plain black shirt.

I shut my eyes and sighed, trying to process everything.

The last thing I remembered was when I was in the car with Giovanni. We were being chased then-

I shot my eyes open when I heard the door burst open. A tall man walked in wearing a suit with his hair slicked back.

Anger boiled in my blood when I recognized the person.

"Gabriella." Antonio greeted.

I growled, forcing myself up but jerked back from the chains.

"You took something from me..." he trailed off. "Now it's my turn to take something from you. Make you feel that pain I felt for six fucking months!"

My chest rose up and down as I glared at Antonio. "Congratulations on the baby." His voice darkened.

He jingled the keys in his hands as he took slow steps toward me. He leaned in and whispered.

"You and Giovanni. Took. Away. My. Happiness."

I felt my throat closing up, and my heart pounding against my chest.

Tears stung my eyes when I realized what he was going to do.

"I have to take away yours." He smiled with dark amusement.

He stepped back and made his way to the door. "By the way, it felt good to put a bullet through my brother's head."

"Fucker deserved it." he declared before shutting the door and locking it after.

I suck in a startled breath.

Tears streamed down my face as I gasped for air. I screwed my eyes shut, shouting my lungs out.

It's always me who ends up hurting the most.

-
TO BE CONTINUED 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

*cute laugh*

Hehe, I know you hate me. 🤍

Thank you so much for supporting me from the very beginning. I love and appreciate my readers and without you guys, I wouldn't have reached this far!

I enjoyed writing this book and I hope you enjoyed reading it.

I LOVE YOU ALL TAKE CARE
❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 38.5K 32
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** He was nothing like other men that she'd met in her life. He was different. She knew he was. But he was forbidden. She w...
150K 2.7K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...
113K 2.1K 70
As I saw him coming towards me I start to walk backwards until my back hits the wall. I don't want to spill blood here. Dad's going to kill if if I d...
33.2K 1K 59
They say opposites attract but what happens when you are not opposites? Being born in the violent world of the American mafia, Audelia Rose Hernandez...