Dark Paradise | ✔︎

By sinfulxhaze

Two notorious mafias in Italy one is ruled by Gabriella Sangriento and the other is ruled by Giovanni Carson... More

Characters
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chpater 38
Chpater 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter
Author's note
BOOK TWO

Chapter 48

10.9K 336 154
By sinfulxhaze

1 week later

"THIS IS DUMB." I blurted out.

Giovanni said he had a surprise for me, I thought it would be jewelry or something but now that I'm blindfolded as we both walk in the woods at night I have no idea what it is.

"We are almost there." He whispered in my ear.

Lately, I have been so tired in the morning, my vision is messed up like I have to have one eye shut, and it lasts for an hour or so. Then, at night I have long blackouts and during the day I randomly.

I hate the side effects of being pregnant.

He held me tight as he guided me through the forest, as we continued to walk through the forest he let me go. I stopped in my tracks and silently waited for him. "Giovanni?" I called out.

I pressed my lips together and slowly lifted the blindfold. The tall old trees towered above me like skyscrapers, warm light shining down through the branches. Turning around my heart fell to the ground when I saw lit candles and fairy lights hanging from the branches of the trees, a red blanket neatly placed on the ground with a bucket full of ice a bottle of champagne, and two wine glasses placed next to the bucket.

Besides the bucket is a basket, with red petals scattered on the grass.

It looked beautiful.

"What is this?" I giggled.

Giovanni awkwardly scratched the back of his neck as he took slow steps toward me. "Since we are official, I wanted to show you the part of me you've never seen."

"Mr. Carson, I never took you as the romantic type," I said, wrapping my hands around his neck. He chuckled and pulled me closer. "There are some things about me that might surprise you."

I raised a brow and smirked, I leaned in whispering against his mouth. "And there are some things about me that might surprise you."

He bit his lower lip as he tried to fight back a smile, turning his head to the side Giovanni mumbled something to himself.

I gently grasped his chin with my thumb and index finger then slowly turned his head to face me. "What?" I questioned as he stared into my eyes.

He looked at me like there are a million things he wants to say but doesn't even know where to begin.

Warmth rushed into my cheeks. "Giovanni..."

"Dance with me." He said out of nowhere. I narrowed my eyes. "Dance with you..." I added. "With what music?"

Giovanni caught me off guard when he locked our fingers together and lifted me off the ground. He spun us around, a shiver ran down my spine as the wind tickled my skin.

I held on to him tight and buried my head in the crook of his neck. I laughed hysterically. ''Giovanni put me down!"

He chuckled as his chest vibrated against mine. He gently placed me on the ground, and I immediately felt dizzy, losing my balance. I was about to fall but Giovanni caught me.

"Careful." He breathed. Pulling me back up he slowly pulled me away and spun me in circles then pulled me back into his embrace, our bodies pressing against each other.

I stood on my tiptoes to kiss Giovanni.

He smiled and whispered as our bodies moved side to side. "Tell me about yourself."

I chuckled and leaned on his chest. "What would you like to know?"

"Anything."

I sighed. Where do I start...I'll just make it simple, nothing too deep.

"It's hard for me to open up to people, but I'll try my best...I was very young when I first killed someone and now I've developed this hobby of counting how many times I've killed."

"How many people have you killed so far?" I bit my lip and sighed. "One-thousand-two-hundred and thirty-eight people."

"I don't feel guilty because all those people I've killed deserved it."

He didn't say a single word.

"The only person I care about is my brother..."

I wanted to tell him as well but I stopped myself. "Have you ever fallen in love at some point in your life?"

I don't think I've ever fallen in love. I did have some people I liked when I was a teenager, I think they call them crushes. I never had anything serious like I have with Giovanni. "No," I answered truthfully.

"Where do you see us in ten years?" I questioned Giovanni. "Us having something to call home, you, me, and our little princess."

I smiled. "You think it's a girl?" He shook his head. "I know it's a girl." After a moment of thought a smile pulled on my lips. "I'm expecting a boy."

"Why?"

"I just feel it," I said. "If it's a girl I'll name her Isabelle."

I froze, and my eyes began to tear up "My mother's name." I whispered. "I know."

My lips brushed his, soft and delicate as our foreheads pressed against each other. "If it's a boy...his name will be Alessandro."

I snickered and rolled my eyes.

The memory of him introducing himself with that name came flashing back. "No..." I declared as I shook my head. "Romeo."

"Why Romeo?"

"Romeo and Juliet," I whispered. "I want to be there when our Romeo finds his Juliet."

"I already found my Juliet."

I tilted my head to the side, it sounded corny but I was blushing like crazy. I looked up and pressed my lips onto his. It was one sensation, one timeless and passionate moment. I gripped his hair firmly as if I were keeping him from escaping.

A soft moan managed to escape my lips as he deepened the kiss. His hands slowly worked their way to my butt signaling me to jump. I jumped and he caught me.

He broke the kiss and then gently placed me on the blanket. Giovanni hovered over me and smiled.

"Hungry?"

"Yes," I said, wrapping my hands around his neck.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

"Relax."

I took a deep breath and interlocked our hands. He gave me a comforting squeeze and pecked my cheek.

"What if something is wrong with the baby?" I declared, anxiety rushing through my veins.

Giovanni and I called a doctor for a checkup on the baby.

I'm currently laying on the bed in a hospital gown as we both patiently wait for the doctor. The room was filled with silence; the only sound that was heard was the clock ticking.

My heart was racing, and the thought of not hearing the baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound terrified me, what if the baby is unhealthy?

Giovanni noticed my sweaty palms and he frowned. "Everything will be fine." He assured me. "Deep breaths Gabriella."

I closed my eyes and took slow deep breaths. His suggestion calmed me down a bit. "Good." He comforted me and kissed the back of my hand.

A small knock was heard before the door opened. Doctor Russo walked in with a warm smile.

"Good morning Miss Sangriento, Mr. Carson." He greeted me before shutting the door behind him. "Alright would you like to begin or should I give you a few minutes."

I shook my head. "No, I'm ready."

He smiled and walked over to us. "May I?" Dr. Russo asked for permission to lift the gown. The only things I had on were my grey leggings and a bra. "Sure."

He slowly lifted the gown until it exposed my whole belly. "I need you to relax okay."

I hummed as I watched him apply a clear gel onto my belly. I shivered a bit because it was cold. He gently pressed the ultrasound transducer onto my belly and slowly moved it around.

I turned my head to the screen when I heard a heartbeat. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"There is your baby." He said.

Giovanni and I gasped as we gazed at the screen. "There's a hand," Dr. Russo said as he pointed toward the screen. "And an arm," He added.

I turned to Giovanni to find him staring at me. He leaned in and pecked my lips before his attention shifted back to the screen.

Dr. Russo continued to move the machine on my belly. "And there are the feet."

Tears streamed down my face. "Hey there," I whispered. "Well, there you have it. The baby is healthy and everything seems good."

Giovanni placed his hands on my cheek as he brushed my tears away. "Told you there was nothing to worry about." He mumbled. "Would you like to know the sex?" Dr. Russo questioned.

Giovanni was about to speak but I beat him to it. "No."

"I want it to be a surprise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 1.8K 27
"Do you really think anyone can save you from me? I'm worse than the devil." °°° 𝓐𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓪 𝓭𝓮 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓼𝓲, a businesswoman during the day and a...
1.1M 38.5K 32
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** He was nothing like other men that she'd met in her life. He was different. She knew he was. But he was forbidden. She w...
204K 4.3K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...