Dark Paradise | ✔︎

By sinfulxhaze

Two notorious mafias in Italy one is ruled by Gabriella Sangriento and the other is ruled by Giovanni Carson... More

Characters
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chpater 38
Chpater 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter
Author's note
BOOK TWO

Chapter 47

11.4K 331 148
By sinfulxhaze

2 weeks ago

"AM I MAKING THE RIGHT?" Gabriella spoke softly.

I pulled her closer and rubbed her back up and down, Is she making the right decision?

It's not my place to answer that question but all I can do is support her. "Do you think you are making the right decision?"

She sighed, placing her head on my shoulder. "I think so." She whispered. "Mama wouldn't approve." She chuckled.

Gabriella and Giovanni remind me of my parents. They adored each other but were never on the same page, it was the lack of communication between them.

Mama was never pleased when papa would train us and teach us how to use weapons and papa would be furious whenever mama wanted us to go to a public school, he suggested we do homeschooling. They would argue and not speak to each other for days or sleep in separate rooms. That's how bad it was.

I thought they were being immature as adults. They should sit down and discuss their problems calmly.

The problem I see with these two is the lack of communication as well, they might think they know each other but they don't.

What Gabriella did was wrong, she should have informed Giovanni when she found out she was pregnant two months ago but she decided to take matters into her own hands.

They both said stupid things that night and I know both of them to regret it but in a situation like that people will just talk without thinking.

"She would," I replied.

Gabriella rubbed her stomach in a circular motion, she frowned a little and her eyes started to get glossy. "I don't think I'll forgive myself after this."

It broke my heart to see her like this, my sister is very good at hiding her emotions, when we were young Gabriella never believed in love. Her biggest fear was getting her heart broken. She always said 'love no one and no one can hurt you.'

To this day I always question why Gabriella is afraid of falling in love.

Was it mama and papa or something else?

"Do you want to keep it?" I questioned looking down at Gabriella. She pressed her lips together. "Before I didn't but now I'm not sure."

Maybe it's because she realized that she was starting to get too attached to Giovanni.

I'm nineteen and I know nothing about love and all that bullshit but one thing is for sure Giovanni is slowly breaking down Gabriella's walls and she is scared.

"If I keep it then I'll have to get rid of him. It's a risk for us to be together to raise a child, especially with him since he has a lot of enemies, for crying out loud even his blood would try to get rid of our child if they found out I'm the mother."

"You are overthinking this," I said. Gabriella chuckled darkly. "Overthinking this."

"You know I'm right."

What she is saying does make sense. Carson and Sangriento go way back; they have a history and it's not pretty, so why would they accept the fact Giovanni and Gabriella are having a child?

Heartless bastards.

"This is emotionally draining me," Gabriella mumbled while rubbing her temple. "So what will it be?"

Gabriella studied me for a while, her eyes lit as a small smile crept across her face, placing her warm hands on my cheek. "The thought of holding my baby in my arms gives me butterflies."

Gabriella hid her face in her hands and let out a loud sigh. "It's late." She said,

Gabriella cleared her throat, standing up from the couch, she wrapped her body with the blanket then leaned in pushing my long hair back she pecked my forehead and wished me goodnight. My eyes followed her until she left the room.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

I groaned, scratching the back of my neck as I walked into the kitchen. "Morning." I greeted my sister.

She is leaning on the island with a huge book in her hands, and each time she turns the page she would smile or giggle, Gabriella hasn't noticed me yet so I walk over to her and hug her from behind. "Morning," I repeated myself. "Hey." She replied.

Curious about what Gabriella is looking at I stretched my head and noticed she was going through our photo album. "You were ugly as a baby." She giggled.

My jaw dropped in shock, please I was a cute baby. "Liar."

She smiled. "I'm joking. I was obsessed with you when you arrived home."

Gabriella placed the book on the counter and faced me. "I remember I would ask mama if I could feed you."

"Sometimes she would allow, my favorite part of feeding you as a baby is that you would wrap your hands around my thumb and suck it thinking it's a binky." She giggled as she thought of the memory. "Other than that you were fucking annoying, crying for no fucking reason I hated that about you." She exclaimed cheerfully.

I chuckled nervously as I scratched the back of my neck. "I was better mama would complain that you were a handful as a baby."

Gabriella shoved me playfully. "Shut up." She laughed, tucking a few hair strands behind her ear.

Her smile disappeared, she sighed then hugged herself. "Maybe I should think positively about this pregnancy."

"So you are keeping it?" I questioned a hint of happiness in my voice.

I must admit part of me wants her to keep it. I would be a great uncle. "I think so..."

"What about the whole Giovanni thing?"

"I don't know yet."

2 weeks later

"What."

Gabriella looked away and mumbled something to herself. She cleared her throat and finally dared to look at me. brushing her tears away she unbuttoned her coat and slowly removed it.

My heart stopped beating when I saw her small belly. The white dress hugs her body perfectly. I've noticed that her curves are a bit wider and her breasts have grown a bit.

"Say something." She muttered.

I open my mouth to speak but it closes again.

Running my fingers through my hair I shut my eyes tight, praying that this isn't a dream. "Giovanni."

"Fuck Gabriella, what can I say," I started snapping my eyes open. "W-what changed your mind?" I said as I approached Gabriella.

"My brother." She spoke softly

Guilt washed over me when I realized those calls and visits are them trying to inform me that Gabriella kept the baby.

"Fuck, you tried to tell me and I ignored you, I ignored everyone I was wasted and couldn't think straight, they told me it was important but I didn't care."

"I didn't care and yet you are still here, why are you here?" I questioned.

I am fucking idiot. Fuck! I messed up. I messed up big time.

It was selfish of me to not check up on her, to only think about myself getting wasted day and night not giving any fucks about anything else. Fucking  idiot.

"Gabriella I'm so sorry, I let you go through this all alone. I wasn't their t-" She cut me off by placing her hands on my chest. "Shh."

"Sorry won't fix anything Giovanni so don't waste your breath." She said, "That's all in the past now."

"I was wrong too, I didn't tell you and you had to find out on your own which is fucked up. That night we both weren't thinking and said some things." She paused for a second and smiled. "Remember when I told you that I would lose you If I kept it."  Gabriella pointed out and I nodded. She sighed. "Well, If I kept it I would have killed you after."

It took me a while to process the last part, she was going to kill me...

I removed her hands from my chest and took a step back. "What...?"

"I know but Giovanni, if your family found out that I was the mother of your child they would kill me and the baby, and you know they are capable of doing that. The Carsons are heartless, especially your brother and Father."

"They don't scare me but they despise the Sangriento family. That's why we are very private when it comes to relatives. The only family member you know is my brother other than that you know nothing about us."

I haven't thought about that. My family is capable of being that cruel towards the Sangriento. After my mother was killed my father hasn't been the same. He blames her death on the Sangriento including Anna...He believes Esmee was threatened by Gabriella and of course, his hatred towards the Sangrientos has grown.

I haven't informed him about my alliance with Gabriella. He would be pissed if he found out.

"Over the past month, I've been thinking if this will make me happy and it will." She confessed. "Fuck what they think. It's you and me against the world."

"When I was young I was afraid of getting my heart broken, whenever I saw a couple there was always a problem, constant fights, and betrayal. So I promised myself that I would never put myself in that situation." Gabriella slowly took my hand, interlocking our hands together. "I never thought anyone would ever make me smile, laugh and capture my heart as fast as you have."

"The day I met you was the beginning of everything." She snaked her arm around my shoulder and caught my gaze. "I want to get to know you, I want you to let me in and I'll do the same. It won't be easy but I'm willing to try."

"I want us to be official."

Gabriella didn't care that I was covered in blood; she pressed her soft lips to mine, and an unfamiliar feeling washed over me. The sweetness of her kiss made me feel everything at once.

I pulled her closer and kissed her back. I was intoxicated by her lips, soft and gentle caress.

I felt the hunger within my heart not wanting to stop that sweet embrace. Our bodies press tightly against each other.

There was something about her that caught my attention, that made me go crazy. our arms entwined...never wanting to let go

She made me feel things I didn't believe in anymore. She pulled away and we both were lost in each other's eyes.

My heart felt like it was about to rip out of my chest when I realized...

I have fallen in love with her.

AUTHORS NOTE

Dark Paradise is almost coming to an end... :(

I'm thankful for all of you who have supported me! you guys are all amazing and I hope you are aware of that.

- I LOVE YOU ALL, TAKE CARE -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523K 9.9K 94
Ace Salvatore As on the deck of cards, the ace is highest than the king, and so is Ace Salvatore. The ruthless, psychotic, coldest mafia leader. Nobo...
1M 20.1K 63
Amara Volkov, the daughter of the Russian mafia leader, is one of their best assassins'. She has trained all her life in order to please her father a...
153K 2.7K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...
474K 10K 95
Jasmine De Leon, 22, heir to the Spanish mafia , a cold-hearted ruthless assassin, who's trying to keep her past hidden. Vincenzo Salvatore, 24, heir...