ISHQ ZAAT

By poetxhs

Alam e Muhabbat - عالمِ مُحَبَّت ✹ Nineteen-year-old Anabiya Khan is a lovely definition of purity. Shelte... More

INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS | کِردار
0 | Bazi e Qalb || بازئ قلب
۱
۲
۴
۵
۶
۷
۸
۹
۱۰ | Larzish e Ehsaas || لرزشِ احساس
۱۱
۱۲
۱۳
۱۴
۱۵
۱۶
۱۷
۱۸
۱۹
۲۰ | Talkh e Zindagi || تلخِ زندگی
A/N
۲۱
۲۲
۲۳
۲۴
۲۵
۲۶
۲۷
۲۸
۲۹
۳۰ | Alam e Muhabbat || عالمِ محبت
۳۱
۳۲
۳۳
۳۴
۳۵
۳۶
۳۷
۳۸
۳۹
۴۰ | Ishq Zaat || عِشق ذات
۴۱
۴۲
Finale || اِختتام
Epilogue

٣

20.7K 1.2K 299
By poetxhs

دشوار

𝐃𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐰𝐚𝐚𝐫: 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞
noun: demanding considerable
mental effort.

صحرا کو بہت ناز ہے ویرانی پہ اپنی
واقف نہیں شاید مرے اجڑے ہوۓ گھر سے۔

- 𝗦𝗲𝗵𝗿𝗮 𝗸𝗼 𝗯𝗼𝗵𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗮𝗮𝘇 𝗵𝗮𝗶 𝘃𝗲𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗶 𝗽𝗲𝘆 𝗮𝗽𝗻𝗶
𝗪𝗮𝗾𝗶𝗳 𝗻𝗮𝗵𝗶 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝘆𝗮𝗱 𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝘂𝗷𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝗵𝘂𝗮𝘆 𝗴𝗵𝗮𝗿 𝘀𝗮𝘆.

• • •

THE RED BRICKED HAVELI WAS SO QUIET THAT IT FELT AS IF NO SOUL LIVED HERE. Women of the haveli were busy in their respective works whereas the men of the family still hadn't arrived.

The haveli had it's own identification and respect in the area because of the family living in it. It was beautifully decorated with low lit lanterns in contrast to the red walls. A small pale coloured fountain in the middle of the garden with green grass surrounding it

Anna was sitting on a charpai set in the middle of the lawn with a tasbeeh tied around her hands and a prayer chant constant on her lips. She suddenly motioned Rukhsana to open the doors of her room without saying a word, which Rukhsana complied to hurriedly.

Anna had been sitting here for hours so she finally decided to finally get up and left for her khawab gah to sleep.

Anabiya was ironing clothes when Bukhtawara barged right in the room. "Tum nay meray Kapray istiri kiye thay? Wadrega, Ma ta ghwag sha Anabiya!. Jaan booj kar jalaya dupatta heina?" She screamed at her and pulled her arm from the iron stand to drag her out of the room. [Stop, Listen to me]

"Makawa Bukhtawara baaji" Anabiya pleaded in a small voice while trying to free herself.
[please don't do this]

She dragged her out and started loudly calling out everyone. Gul bano came running downstairs behind Zareena. Zareena rushed forward to ask her daughter why was she shouting and calling everyone so Bukhtawara informed her how Anabiya purposely ruined her dress.

Zareena started scolding Anabiya harshly as Gul bano stood behind knowingly smirking. She had burned the dupatta and just wanted to see some drama.

Anabiya refused to accept that she burnt the dupatta. Her adamant posture infuriated Zareena so she grasped her arm and dug her nails into it. Anabiya felt the pain and tried to move away.

Tears were running down her face and the intense pain was making her unable to even make a sound of protest.

Zareena left her arm with a hard push and raised her hand to slap her on her face when Amna gripped her wrist midway.

"Hath....mat lagana meri beti ko ainda, samjhi?!"

Amna could bear anything on herself but seeing her daughter go through the same monstrosity she couldn't help herself but intervene authoritatively. Anabiya rushed behind her mother. Zareena and Gul bano were stunned.

"Hosh Mein ho Amna, kesay baat kar rahi ho mujh say, Sa k?" Zareena bit out her words.
[what are you doing?]

"Hosh Mein tau mujhay bohut pehlay ajana chahiye tha Zareena baji, meray shohar ka ilaaj karwa rahay ho tau ehsaan nahi kar raha koi, haq hai unka. Saara business hamesha meray shohar nay sambhala tha, Tawfeeq bhaijan nay tau kabhi interest hee nahi liya business mein. Aj agar ham is ghar Mein hain tau kisi hesiyat say hain. Faida mat uthaye aur ALLAH ki zaat say khauf karay ap dono. Sab kuch bardasht karsakti hun par apni betiyon k sath zyadti nahi. Abhi bataya na Mehmood ko, tau dekhti hun kon kis tarah Hosh sambhalta hai." Amna looked straight in her eyes and emphasised on her every word to make it clear for Zareena.

Amna's mother instincts had kicked in and she felt as if she could kill Zareena for making Anabiya's arm bleed with her nails. She grabbed her daughter's hand and took her to back to her room. While Zareena and Gul bano stood still digesting in Amna's outburst.

As soon as they entered Anabiya's room, Amna pulled her into a hug. Anabiya started crying on her mother's shoulders furiously. She started explaining her mom in broken words how she hadn't done anything and Amna hushed her to stop her cries.

She was aware that her daughters would never do something like this. She consoled her while kissing her forehead and they both just let each other remain in the warm embrace.

"Iski yeh himmat, khala, ap Amma bi say baat karo. Akar nikal jaye gi in maa betiyon ki". Gul bano gritted her teeth while biting out the words in anger.

Zareena came out of the daze on her words and turned to her. "zeh beh peh da bareh ka khebera okeṛem, .... magar seba teh oroseteh" She replied to her thoughtfully.
[I will talk about it, but after tomorrow].

Gul bano looked at her confusedly before Zareena further elaborated that tomorrow Gul bano should bring her Moor[mother] at haveli for Anabiya's rishta. Like Gul bano herself suggested. Batoor Khan didn't like Anabiya ignoring him and kept on insisting Gul bano to ask for Anabiya's hand in marriage and that gave Gul bano time to think that Daryab would rukhsat Anabiya with a lot of Jahez. So she shared the idea of Anabiya's marriage to Batoor Khan with her mother in law who now readily agreed.

As planned, Shehrbano came with her son the next day for Anabiya's rishta.

Batoor Khan sat on the sofa with his suggestive smirk while Anabiya rushed to her room upstairs and started praying in her heart for her Parents to reject the proposal.

She could never accept Batoor Khan. The man simply had no shame.

Anabiya learned from her maids how Batoor had harassed Kiran, who was the gardener's niece and merely 16 years of age.

She had come to check the haveli out in fascination but left it with a scared and broken self. She kept on wailing out for someone to help her but no one could utter a single word in her favour because of Gul bano's fear

Anabiya knew how much of a disgusting person Batoor Khan was.

His gaze held so much vileness that it always took her whole self trying not to puke. How could she accept to become the izzat of a person from whom no women felt their izzat safe?.

He was good at deceiving the men of the family but the women were aware and even after knowing her brother's character, Gul bano Bhabhi brought his rishta for her, the audacity.

Anabiya felt the urge to go downstairs and scream at them to leave their place instantly but she couldn't do it. She had never felt so helpless.

Will her father or mother say yes to it or will they ask her opinion?. She was lost.

After an hour or two her room's door opened and Noor entered. "Api, chalain, abu bula rahay hain apnay kamray Mein". She gulped and got up to leave with her sister.

She was shaking.

She didn't know how she was going to manage the situation. As she entered her room her father looked up from his wife to smile and greet Anabiya warmly, " Anabiya Loor, sange ye?"
[Anabiya daughter, how are you?]

Amna left with Noor to let them discuss this matter alone. He could see how she was shivering. He was confused. She looked scared.

"Za kha yam abu" she replied while stuttering a bit.
[I'm good papa]

She was lying and he had it figured out in no time.

Mehmood Khan looked at his daughter for a while and then motioned her to come forward. She sat beside him on the bed and as soon as he kissed her forehead she couldn't stop herself and started crying with hiccups flunging herself on him.

Mehmood Khan stilled for a second before moving her away from him to look at her face with tears before asking her the reason for her crying in a sharp tone.

He didn't like his daughter crying.

She started talking in broken words about how she didn't want to marry Batoor khan and how much she despised him.

He visibly shook with anger and asked her in a sharp tone if she'd ever been approached by Batoor Khan to which she just shook her head in negative before continuing her crying session. She knew he'd be pissed as hell if she'd told him the truth and she couldn't lie without stuttering so she remained quiet.

"Us kuttay ki tau nazar hee dekh kar Meinay ussay mana kar diya tha. Mein kabhi b aisay shaks say apni beti ki shadi nahi kr sakta.". He tried to compose his anger by making his daughter relaxed.

She smiled at him gratefully through the tears and kissed the back of his hand. He smiled back at her and patted her head before wiping away tears from her face.

Zuleikha listened to the whole conversation sneakily and left to give the news to Gul bano.

Shehrbano had given her daughter a piece of her mind as she couldn't get over the rejection of her son. Gul bano was pissed as hell.

She couldn't believe that Mehmood Khan would flat base reject her brother on the face. As soon as Zuleikha told her about the father daughter moment, her anger refuelled.

She sent Zuleikha away calmly and sat down on her bed.

"Anabiya ki shadi Batoor Lala say hee hogi, chahay Mehmood Khan raza mandi say issay qubool karay ya bachay hee na qubool karnay Kay liye" She thought to herself smilingly while preparing a plan.

Anabiya was content. She knew as long as she had her father to support her no pain shall ever befall her but she had no idea what fate had in store for her.

As the next morning arrived so did ill fate that completely shattered the lives of three persons.

Gul bano contacted her friend to gather information about Mehmood Khan's treatment as her friend was a doctor. So after full research and required items, she sneaked in to kitchen early morning and managed to add certain medicines in Mehmood Khan's breakfast.

As soon as Noor started feeding her father nashta his breath started feeling constricted with an intense muscle pain. His heartbeat became irregular. He couldn't breathe.

Noor started screaming to get everyone's attention. Tawfeeq Khan and Agha Zaeem Khan immediately rushed from the Mardaan khana to Mehmood Khan's room. Tawfeeq Khan got his brother up and rushed to his car with his father and guards and sped to the hospital with Amna shortly following them behind in another car with Anna and Anabiya.

The doctors couldn't diagnose,

but later on confirmed them for it to be a medicinal reaction, it was only Anabiya who handled her father's medicines so how was this possible?.

She couldn't believe it herself. Her mom held her tightly next to herself and kept on assuring her that everything would be alright as if to believe it herself but the next second the doctor got out of the room his news had everyone devastated and Amna to fall unconscious.

Mehmood Khan's condition was unstable and his lifeline was not guaranteed anymore. He was
to remain hospitalised in an ICU ward under observation as it was very important for his survival.

فرصت سے کرینگے تجھ سے حساب اے زندگی
الجھے ہوۓ ہیں ہم ابھی خود کو ہی سلجھانے میں۔

- 𝖥𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝖺𝗒 𝗄𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗀𝖺𝗒 𝗍𝗎𝗃𝗁 𝗌𝖺𝗒 𝗁𝗂𝗌𝖺𝖺𝖻 𝖺𝖾𝗒 𝗓𝗂𝗇𝖽𝖺𝗀𝗂
𝖴𝗅𝗃𝗁𝖺𝗒 𝗁𝗎𝖺𝗒 𝗁𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝗁𝗎𝗆 𝖺𝖻𝗁𝗂 𝗄𝗁𝗎𝖽 𝗄𝗈 𝗁𝖾𝖾 𝗌𝗎𝗅𝗃𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗒 𝗆𝖾𝗂𝗇.

(unedited)

• • •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 1.5K 18
Yours Truly, KMK is a Tere Bin AU. The story would revolve around Meerab and Murtasim. If names could be given to twin flames or two people. It woul...
92.3K 5.3K 9
❝ Distance can't stop what's meant to be ❞ He was her best friend's brother's best friend. And she was his best friend's sister's best friend. That's...
141K 11.4K 70
•Safa Hayat• Her flounders against the world haven't been known to anyone. Neither do the scars that run deep inside the abyss of her frail soul. She...
223K 11.7K 53
𝑩𝒐𝒐𝒌#1 𝑰𝒔𝒉𝒒 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆... محبت کا داغ ○●○ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏꜰ ᴛᴇɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜱ...