ISHQ ZAAT

By poetxhs

Alam e Muhabbat - عالمِ مُحَبَّت ✹ Nineteen-year-old Anabiya Khan is a lovely definition of purity. Shelte... More

INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS | کِردار
0 | Bazi e Qalb || بازئ قلب
۱
٣
۴
۵
۶
۷
۸
۹
۱۰ | Larzish e Ehsaas || لرزشِ احساس
۱۱
۱۲
۱۳
۱۴
۱۵
۱۶
۱۷
۱۸
۱۹
۲۰ | Talkh e Zindagi || تلخِ زندگی
A/N
۲۱
۲۲
۲۳
۲۴
۲۵
۲۶
۲۷
۲۸
۲۹
۳۰ | Alam e Muhabbat || عالمِ محبت
۳۱
۳۲
۳۳
۳۴
۳۵
۳۶
۳۷
۳۸
۳۹
۴۰ | Ishq Zaat || عِشق ذات
۴۱
۴۲
Finale || اِختتام
Epilogue

۲

25K 1.4K 365
By poetxhs

اضطرار

𝐈𝐳𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐚𝐫: 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭
noun; the act of controlling thoughts or
behaviour of others.

ممکن نہیں مجھ سے یہ طرزِمنافقت
اے دنیا تیرے مزاج کا بندہ نہیں ہوں میں۔

- 𝗠𝘂𝗺𝗸𝗶𝗻 𝗻𝗮𝗵𝗶 𝗺𝘂𝗷𝗵 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗲𝗵 𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘇 𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗮𝗳𝗾𝗮𝘁
𝗔𝗲𝘆 𝗱𝘂𝗻𝘆𝗮 𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝗺𝗲𝘇𝗮𝗮𝗷 𝗸𝗮 𝗯𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮 𝗻𝗮𝗵𝗶 𝗵𝘂𝗻 𝗺𝗲𝗶𝗻.

• • •

"SAHR PAKHAIR, TSANGA YEH ABU?" NOOR GREETED HEARTILY WHILE ENTERING HER PARENT'S ROOM with Anabiya following behind, holding a food tray.
[Goodmorning, how are u today abu?]

"Za kha yam!, abu k samnay mujhay tau tum dono bhool hee jati ho" Amna replied, feigning displeasure while Mehmood Khan smirked as if to mock his wife.
[I am good.]

Anabiya smiled and embraced her mother in a warm bear hug before moving to her father's bed where Noor was cheerfully ranting about her college life whilst feeding him nashta.

Due to his injuries his lower body was unable to move but his daughters and wife always made sure to never let him feel the disability. Mehmood Khan smiled at Noor and kissed her forehead.

Anabiya sat beside the father daughter duo and joined the conversation. Amna closed the room's door and brought a chair next to the bed to sit with them. "Sa time dy malgari? Ainoor bachay, college nahi jana aj kya?" Mehmood inquired his daughter. He knew Anabiya didn't favour continuing her studies but didn't know the actual truth to this.
[what is the time?]

Dil ainoor looked at her sister before replying hesitantly, "Zh bemaar yema abu" . [I'm feeling sick baba]. Gulbano had strictly ordered her to stay at home today and help Anabiya with the housework.

Anabiya intervened but Noor couldn't bring herself to refute. She knew how they had managed to stop Anabiya from pursuing her studies with their malice and verbal assaults, she argued with her sister on this but nothing could change her mind.

Anabiya didn't want to feel like a burden on her Lala but Noor knew her rights so in order to complete her studies she had to comply to every little tantrum thrown by the witches.

It wasn't that they weren't allowed to study, they were, but Gul bano was just making sure that their wings were cut before they could spread out.

Their cousins, Benazir and Bukhtawara weren't stopped. The ban was just for them.

Benazir and Bukhtawara hated the two sisters. They despised the love, their brother had for the two. Them being pretty and intelligent did nothing but intensify the hate. The two wicked sisters were jealous.

After their the family was done with the nashta Noor grabbed the tray and left with her sister to let their parents rest. They were moving to the kitchen when Gul bano saw them and instantly roared as if on reflex. "Aay noor, Sa k? Dalta Rasha!"
[Oye noor, what are u doing? Come here!]

They froze instantly. Anabiya was submissive where as Noor rebelled and this is exactly what riled Gul bano up. So she never left an opportunity to scold Noor.

Noor took a deep breath before turning around and going to her. "Jee bhabi?" She asked her dismissively, looking straight in her eyes.

For a 17 year old she was very gutsy. Anabiya quickly informed Gul bano that they didn't want to eat nashta alone so they went to eat with their parents to prevent any possible quarrel.

They weren't allowed to eat with the other women of the family. So the two always ate alone in the kitchen after serving them on the dining table with their parents unaware of this arrangement and usually in the room because of Mehmood Khan's treatment.

"Tarlasa rowak shyeh, Zuleikha nay bataya tha k tum dono zyada nashta alehda kar rahi thi subah?Jitna detay hain utna hazam nahi hota tum muft khoron ko? Za rokha sha!" Zuleikha was her personal maid. She was someone who was kept only to keep an eye on the doings of the two sisters.
[Go to hell for all I care] [Now go, get lost]

Gul bano didn't stay after screeching her words. Noor clenched her jaw in anger but didn't reply. "Khafa Nashe Noor" Anabiya grabbed her hand and started rubbing it softly to cool her down
[Don't be upset Noor]

"Issi wajah say Allah is aurat ko aulad nahi deta, baddua lagi hogi kisi ki" Noor retorted. "Astagfar, aisay nahi kehtay guriya, Gunnah milta hai. Aur agar Allah nay chaha tau aulad b mil jaye gi Lala ko" Anabiya corrected her quickly, not liking Noor's words at all.

"Api jo aurat shohar ki kisi kami ko puray khandaan bhar Mein nashar kar sakti hai aur jo bina kisi wajah doosron pey zulm kar sakti hai ussay Mein kabhi dua nahi de sakti, zulm hai yeh api, yeh aurat ghalti nahi ZULM karti hai. Mein mar k bhi kabhi dua nahi dungi issay"

Anabiya didn't have any answer to that. It was true. Gul bano and Daryab Lala had an arranged/love marriage. She remembered how her Lala used to be excited for his marriage. Gul bano was an year younger than him.

An year after the marriage and still no child made Zareena tayi take her to the nearby hospital for check up and to this day everyone remembers how much of a havoc was caused inside the red brick walls of the Khan haveli.

Gul bano gathered everyone and announced about Daryab Lala's infertility.

No one uttered a single word that day and just listened to Gul bano's cries. Lala was devastated and ashamed in front of everyone but couldn't say a word to his beloved wife. Everyone felt sorry for Gul bano but no one consoled Daryab Khan.

Yes, Gul bano has always been very manipulative since day one.

Daryab Khan from that day became self reserved. His visits to the city house became more frequent as he had busied himself in office affairs to divert his mind. It had been 8 years now and her brother had completely changed in those 8 years.

Anabiya came back to her room after finishing the kitchen's work and was just about to offer namaz when someone opened her door and barged in.

No one in this household asked permission before entering her room. Her door was to strictly remain open all times according to Gul bano, but she chose to close it sometimes because of a particular person.

"Aey Anabiya Zama khabr wawra, tera wo frock kidhar hai?" [listen to me]

It was Benazir, despite being three years younger than Anabiya she was never respectful. Anabiya didn't know what excuse to make.

She knew which frock she was talking about. If she told the truth about giving it to Noor, this girl would definitely cause a drama and Noor wouldn't get the dress in the end guaranteed.

Anabiya gulped and took a deep breath before lying about losing the dress all while stuttering.

Somehow Benazir believed her lie and left with the same speed she had entered the room but made sure to slam it hard while leaving.

She had to iron Bukhtawara's clothes which she'd wear to university tomorrow but she had time so she took out her prayer mat.

She was on her first rakat when she felt someone's presence in the room. Her heart started beating fast. She knew exactly who it was. Her inner self was in a turmoil as she didn't know what to do, she continued her prayer all while asking Allah azwajal to help her. She was trying hard not to cry while in prostration as she could feel the stare.

He was just standing next to the door, looking at her offer prayer. She felt violated.

She slowed down her supplications so he would leave till she finishes and thankfully, he left. She quickly finished her namaz and closed the door shut making sure to lock it. It was Batoor Khan, Gul bano bhabhi's brother.

She had never felt his gaze uncomfortable at first but as they say Allah SWT has given women a third eye.

That makes sure to let them know what kind of gaze is the person in question is having or what kind of signals is he unfettering. Radars fixed in the body of his most beautiful creation that go off after certain things occur.

She still remembers how he used to "accidentally" used to touch her and would call it a slip of hands but Anabiya wasn't a child to not understand. She started distancing herself from him but his moves started getting more bold day by day.

His visits became more frequent.

She was serving food on the table one day when he suddenly grabbed her wrist just to normally ask her about her well-being and to say that she was shakento the core would be an underestimation.

She still remembers how meekly she said to him to let her wrist go but then suddenly, his grip tightened as he said to her to never address him as "Lala" again.

She looked at Gul bano for help but it seemed as if she was ignoring her brother's meaningful smirks and tactics purposely.

As soon as his grip loosened she snatched her arm from his hold ran away with tears in her eyes. She was petrified. She promised herself to never go in front of him again. His grip gave her an ugly purplish blue bruise in contrast to her pale skin. He was animalistic and this disgusted her.

Coming back from the memory lane Anabiya touched her wrists as if to see if she'd still feel the pain from that day and it did. It did hurt.

She started rubbing her wrists roughly as if to remove the feeling of his disgusting touch and it was hurting her but not because of the bruise but because she couldn't complain about it to anyone.

Batoor Khan always tried to elude himself from Daryab Lala by visiting more often in his absence & as his absence became more prominent, Batoor Khan's confidence and moves became more and more presumptuous.

She felt her soul feel constricted. This environment was making it difficult for her breathe. All she could do was ask for more Sabr.

قسمت کہاں پڑی ہے کوئ پتہ نہیں
میں غمِ زندگی کی چابی اٹھائے پھرتا ہوں۔

-𝖪𝗂𝗌𝗆𝖺𝗍 𝗄𝖺𝗁𝖺𝗇 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗂 𝗁𝖺𝗂 𝗄𝗈𝗂 𝗉𝖺𝗍𝖺 𝗇𝖺𝗁𝗂
𝖬𝖾𝗂𝗇 𝗀𝗁𝖺𝗆 𝖾 𝗓𝗂𝗇𝖽𝖺𝗀𝗂 𝗄𝗂 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝖺𝖻𝗂 𝗎𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗒𝖾 𝗉𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝖺 𝗁𝗎𝗇.

(unedited)

• • •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 74.8K 65
#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed to each other? *But both are stubborn...
26.6K 1.5K 18
Yours Truly, KMK is a Tere Bin AU. The story would revolve around Meerab and Murtasim. If names could be given to twin flames or two people. It woul...
223K 11.7K 53
𝑩𝒐𝒐𝒌#1 𝑰𝒔𝒉𝒒 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆... محبت کا داغ ○●○ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏꜰ ᴛᴇɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜱ...
129K 5.8K 48
He was born to rule, on land and high in the skies. She, it seemed, was born to reign over him. He had defied all odds in his life. She was hell-bent...