:| |: White Dove :| |: - (Bl...

De IEatPuncakes

❝I just want... I just want you to be safe...❞ Alaina Ejiri and Rin Okumura were nearly inseparable. Aft... Mais

🕊 O N E 🕊
🕊 T W O 🕊
🕊 T H R E E 🕊
🕊 F O U R 🕊
🕊 F I V E 🕊
🕊 S I X 🕊
🕊 S E V E N 🕊
🕊 E I G H T 🕊
🕊 N I N E 🕊
🕊 T E N 🕊
🕊 E L E V E N 🕊
🕊 T W E L V E 🕊
🕊 T H I R T E E N 🕊
🕊 F O U R T E E N 🕊
🕊 F I F T E E N 🕊
🕊 S I X T E E N 🕊
🕊 S E V E N T E E N 🕊
🕊 E I G H T E E N 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - O N E 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - T W O 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - T H R E E 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - F O U R 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - F I V E 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - S I X 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - S E V E N 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - E I G H T 🕊
🕊 T W E N T Y - N I N E 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - O N E 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - T W O 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - T H R E E 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - F O U R 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - F I V E 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - S I X 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - S E V E N 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - E I G H T 🕊
🕊 T H I R T Y - N I N E 🕊
🕊 F O R T Y 🕊
🕊 F O R T Y - O N E 🕊
🕊 F O R T Y - T W O 🕊
🕊 F O R T Y - T H R E E 🕊
🕊 Author's Note 🕊
🕊 F O R T Y - F O U R 🕊

🕊 N I N E T E E N 🕊

980 29 2
De IEatPuncakes

🕊Chapter Nineteen: Dried Flowers🕊

🕊🕊🕊

Half an hour passed, and the three of us were all staying a bit late at the supply shop to make sure things were all right with Shiemi. Alaina and I sat next to each other on a garden bench a while ago and kinda messed around for a bit. That was a while ago, and it's been mostly quiet since a few minutes ago. 

I eventually heard a soft yawn beside me making me look over. Alaina wiped tired tears from the corners of her eyes; something she always did when she yawned. "Tired?" I asked.

She shook her head, continuing to rub her eyes, "No, I'm fine. We have to make sure Shiemi's all right, remember? Why would I fall asleep during something like this?..." She trailed, her eyes slowly closing as her head fell on my shoulder, "I'm awake... I... swear..." 

I smiled, shaking my head as a soft sight left my lips. I carefully picked her up and maneuvered her onto my back like I always did when she fell asleep somewhere that wasn't her bed. I made sure her arms were draped over my shoulders to keep her from falling back.

I walked into the shop where I knew Yukio was. He was inside with Shiemi's mother discussing some things. The two looked over, noticing Alaina sleeping on my back. "Yo, Yukio. I'm gonna take Alaina back to the dorm. She fell asleep outside."

"All right," He sighed, turning his head towards the woman, "Nine grams of dried chamomile flowers, please."

The woman took a small puff out of her cigarette holder, blowing out a puff of smoke to the side, "Anything else?" She asked, setting down her tobacco 'treat' to gather everything. 

"No, ma'am."

She turned back around after a few moments and set down a small container filled with dried chamomile flowers. I stepped forward and grabbed the small pouch off the counter while Yukio pulled out money to pay for it.

"I'll see you in a few, Yukio," I said, taking my leave as I waved behind me while I walked out of the front shop doors. I walked down the supply shop steps with my hands under Alaina's thighs to keep her upright. It was dark out, definitely past Alaina's regular 'bedtime.' 

I looked to the side, staring at her sleeping expression. I never understood our relationship sometimes. I mean, she goes to bed at a reasonable time, I go to bed when I'm tired. She's the one who always dragged me to social events during school even when I kept saying I didn't want to go (They were actually kind of fun). She's the one who always wants to take pictures when we go out because of 'memories.' 

I smiled, hearing her soft breath exhale from her mouth. I turned my head, walking back to where we came from, and pulled out the key from my pocket, sticking it in the lock as I unlocked the door and opened it, revealing the dorm room. It would probably take me a while to get used to these gateway keys.

I walk over to my lower bunk and tossed the covers down to the end before I took Alaina off my back and placed her in my bed. I covered her with the previously discarded blankets and walked over to set the bag of dried flowers on my desk. Using a scrap piece of paper, I wrote a note for her before I left again.

I left the note on the desk and set the pouch of dried flowers on the paper. I turned around and walked back towards the door, using the same key to unlock the door, the same tall concrete bridge appearing in the doorway. I looked back over to Alaina, seeing her resuming her slumber. I walked through the door, closing it behind me.

I whistled to myself with my hands being stuffed in my pockets as I walked back to the supply shop. I looked up at the night sky, seeing the stars and moon shining down. Another thing that I found weird about our relationship. Alaina made even the most boring things seem fun. Stargazing and cloud watching wasn't something I'd usually enjoy doing, but with Alaina, it wasn't that bad.

I let out a yawn, scratching the top of my head, "Man, it's late out... Why'd I have to place her down in my bed?" I whined to myself, bewildered at my terrible, in-the-moment decision as I walked up the steps of the supply shop. 

I suddenly stopped, hearing something from the top garden. I looked over, hearing the faint sound of running water hitting the ground. "What the...?" I trailed, turning around to walk back down the stairs as I then made my way up the garden steps. 

It was dark, but I could still see a figure sitting on the ground in front of some flowers, holding up a watering can as they watered it. I frowned, seeing Shiemi doing the watering. I walked over, the grass crunching under my feet.

"Hey. Doing some late-night gardening?" She looked up at me, surprised at my presence, "You know, your mom is really worried about you." I said.

She looked down towards the ground, glaring at the grass, "I don't care. What does she know about anything? This is what I want. I don't care what anyone says; I'll protect Grandma's garden!"

I picked up a potted plant next to me, raising it above my head before I threw it to the ground, the terracotta pot smashing with plants inside. I picked up another, throwing that to the ground as well. 

"Hey! W-What are you doing-?!" I threw down another. She began crawling over, stumbling over her legs as she grabbed my school blazer. "Stop it! No, stop! Please, stop!" 

My eyes narrowed into a glare as I stared down at her. "Would you snap out of it, already?! Why are you doing this to yourself?"

Her eyes welled up with tears. She was silent for a moment before she eventually spoke, "If I... If only I'd come home sooner that day, then..." She fell silent, her grip falling limp as she sunk back on the back of her legs, "If I had stayed... and helped her with the arbor... Grandma would've died. It was my fault. She died because of me. That's why... that's why no matter what, I have to protect her garden." She sobbed to herself, her head hung low towards the ground.

My eyes widened slightly. 'No way... She's just like me... Traped in the past... blaming herself.'

Memories flashed in my mind; seeing dad laying on the floor with blood pouring out of his nose, mouth, and eyes. Hearing the distraught cries from Alaina as she sobbed her lungs out on the floor. She didn't deserve this. She deserved a family that didn't have a demon in it. But... then again... she's a demon too...

All my life, she's been there for me. She was nothing like me. She still isn't. All I can see is her worried expression when she saw a new injury from a fight  I got in. Something in my chest clenched every time I saw that expression. I hated it.

I clenched my teeth, brows furrowing as I fell to my knees, grabbing the collar of her kimono, "Then stop making your mom worry about you! It's not right! What you're doing isn't worth it! Come on! What happened to getting out in the world and finding the Garden of Amahara, huh?! Did you forget about that?!"

She gasped, staring at me with glistening eyes from tears.

"What would your Grandma say? Would she tell you not to go? Is that what she'd say?!"

Her eyes welled violently with tears, the salty liquid pouring from her eyes as she shook her head, "No... she wouldn't... She wouldn't say that..." she sobbed, her head falling onto my chest, "I'm such an idiot! I can't move my legs anymore!"

"I got this! I'm gonna chop the hell outta that damn root!"

"Sorry to interrupt you. It was just getting good."

I looked over, seeing Yukio standing there. I stared at him for a moment before I comprehended what happened, "When'd you get here?!" I exclaimed, bewildered at his sudden appearance.

"This demon is a lightweight. I can exorcise it in no time. Don't worry, Shiemi. Your legs are going to work again. It's up to you, though. You have to want this."

"I do."

"I won't allow it." We all gasped, looking around for the sudden voice. "You're breaking your promise."

"It's revealed itself." Yukio glared around, on guard.

"I won't let you!"

The ground underneath Shiemi suddenly burst open, raising her into the air as thick roots wrapped around her body. "Shiemi!" I yelled, a root quickly swatting me away. I landed on the ground, the wind being knocked out of me. 

I stood next to Yukio, looking over at the root that now held Shiemi close to it.

The voice laughed, "We're going to be together forever!"

🕊🕊🕊

I let out a yawn, groggily sitting up as I rose my hand up to rub my eyes. I looked around the dimly lit room, not seeing much besides the faint light coming from two windows. "Mmm... Where am I...?" I moaned drowsily, my eyes eventually adjusting to the dim lighting. 

I let out another yawn, my eyes opening to reveal the dorm rooms. "The dorms... Rin must've brought me here after I fell asleep..." I trailed, my arm dropping to my lap as I continued to look around. I groaned slightly as I swung my legs out of the bed, my clothed feet resting against the wooden floor. 

I sniffed, smelling something familiar. I looked to my side towards the pillow. It was a regular white pillow, but there was something familiar about it. I leaned down towards it and sniffed a few more times. I sat back up, looking around the room. "This is Yukio and his room. He put me in his bed?"

I stood up, stretching my arms above my head. I let out a sigh that eventually turned into a yawn and walked towards the desks where a clock was. "2:30 a.m..." I read aloud. I let out a tired sigh and ran a hand down my face, noticing something on the desk.

I picked up the paper, the pouch that rested on top of it rolling off onto the desk. I lifted the page, reading from the moonlight that shined through the window.

Hey, Sleepy-head,

You fell asleep while we were outside so I brought you here with some dried chamomile flowers for tea. Make and drink some. You know how easy you get sick from sleeping outside. If I come back and find out you didn't drink any, I'll have to go 'Mamma Rin' on you. And that's something you don't want. So drink.

-Rin

I smiled, looking over at the pouch on the desk. 'So that's what this is.' I picked up the pouch, lifting it to my nose as I took a whiff, taking in the scent of the dried flowers.

I chuckled, "Say's he'll go 'Mamma Rin' if I don't drink the tea, but he doesn't know he's already Mamma Rin."

I let out a small sigh, taking a deep breath. "I might as well shower while I'm up. I'll drink the tea later." I said to myself and walked towards the dorm room door to go to my own room to grab my toiletries. I entered my dorm, grabbing my things before making my way to the showers.

I walked down the halls, mindlessly walking into the woman's bathroom, flicking the light switch. The showers were open concept with the lockers and benches in the center while the showers were behind them. I made my way over to one of the shower heads, setting my things on the wire wracks they had next to the knobs.

I began undressing, tossing my clothes out to the open locker area before I turned the water on. I began showering, doing my usual routine. Time passed by, and I was finished showering. I gathered back all of my toiletries and wrapped a towel around myself before I walked out of the showers, dirty clothes gathered in my arms to be washed.

I let out a satisfied sigh and walked up the stairs of the dorm building to my room. I hummed to myself, singing softly as I put away my toiletries and changed into some pajamas. I borrowed a shirt from Rin and slipped it over my head, the oversized shirt ending at my mid-thighs. I pulled up some shorts and regathered all of my dirty clothes as well as the towel before making my way to the laundry room.

I walked down the empty halls, looking around at the empty dorms with the laundry in my arms. I let out a small sigh and looked back forward, turning down the steps to the main floor. I wasn't really complaining about not living in the regular dorms. I knew why I wasn't. I just felt lonely sometimes being the only girl living here. But of course, things weren't likely to change anytime soon.

I made my way to the laundry room, seeing three vertical rows of washers and driers with benches in the center. Thankfully the room provided detergent, and the uniforms were easy to wash, so I was able to put the towel in with the load. 

I groaned, stretching my arms above my head as I walked towards the kitchen, taking out a kettle and filled it with water, placing it on the stove to heat up. I turned on the heat and turned around to head back up to the dorm rooms while the kettle did its thing.

I opened the door to Rin and Yukio's room, stepping inside of the dimly lit room to grab the pouch of flowers. It was around 4:00 a.m. now, and Rin and Yukio still haven't come back yet.

"Where are they?..." I frowned worriedly, looking out of the window as I walked down the door room hall towards the kitchen. "I hope they're all right..."

🕊🕊🕊

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

576 22 24
y/N didn't exactly hate her life, but as the second born she of an elite exorcist family she had to uphold all expectations and reputations of the fa...
5.1K 107 37
The Son Of Satan Blue Exorcist Fanfiction 2017 COMPLETED~ Rin was the off spring of Satan. He had his father's power and didn't know it. When he foun...
4.8K 142 13
Rin and Yukio are Satan twin sons, they once lived on earth with shiro but was soon taken to hell by their father to be brought up but mephisto bring...
8.8K 267 20
disclaimer- I don't own these characters unless I say so. there may be trigger warning ⚠️ so don't read if you have trouble with that. Rin okumaru s...