The Runt & The Alpha

By WaattyAriiaa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meet Layla Anderson runt of the pack. In most packs runts are taken care of, protected. Altho... More

‼️Author's Note‼️
• Cast List •
• Cast List 2 •
Chapter 1- Layla Anderson.
Chapter 2- Landon Carter.
Chapter 3- Mate.
Chapter 4- Mine.
Chapter 5- Doctor.
Chapter 6- Happy Birthday.
Chapter 7- My Room.
Chapter 8- She's Perfect.
Chapter 9- Layla's Past.
Chapter 10- Her Battle's.
Chapter 11- Moon Goddess.
Chapter 12- Landon's Time.
Chapter 13- You're okay.
Chapter 14- His Office.
Chapter 15- Sara.
Chapter 16- Luna.
Chapter 17- Too Late.
Chapter 18- The Great Gatsby.
Chapter 19- Mia.
Chapter 20- Bad person.
Chapter 21- Storm & Pain.
Chapter 22- Blurred Emotions.
Chapter 23- Zach.
Chapter 24- The talk.
Chapter 25- Thank You.
Chapter 26- Happy.
Chapter 27- Me.
Chapter 28- More.
Chapter 29- It's Okay.
Chapter 30- Animal Farm.
Chapter 31- William.
Chapter 32- I Knew It.
Chapter 33- Say It Again.
Chapter 34- Brad.
Chapter 35- I Did It.
Chapter 36- Then Don't.
Chapter 37- You're My First.
‼️Announcement‼️
Chapter 38- I Want Her.
Chapter 39- Layla's Day Out.
Chapter 40- Unexpected Events.
Chapter 41- Love.
Chapter 42- Forever.
Chapter 43- The Luna.
Chapter 44- In Love.
Chapter 45- Escaped Rouges.
Chapter 46- Anderson.
Chapter 47- Family.
Chapter 48- Ceremony.
Chapter 49- Home.
Chapter 50- Alpa & Luna.
Chapter 51- A Good Day.
Chapter 52- Grey Wolf.
Chapter 53- Chester.
Chapter 54- Sincerely.
Chapter 55- Stressed.
Chapter 56- Saved.
Chapter 57- Kade.
Chapter 58- Agony.
Chapter 59- Never Again.
Chapter 60- Consequences.
Chapter 61- Hold Me.
Chapter 62- Anger.
Chapter 63- Calm.
Chapter 64- Announcements.
Chapter 65- Merry Christmas.
Chapter 66- Storm.
Chapter 67- Hope.
Chapter 68- Him.
Chapter 69- My Angel.
Chapter 70- Time.
Chapter 71- Pups.
Chapter 73- Planning & Tradition.
Chapter 74- Layla Carter.
Official Goodbye.
HELLO :)

Chapter 72- Ruri & Jarek.

31.2K 856 48
By WaattyAriiaa

Layla's pov

"...Ruri is quite a handful but, I'm sure will manage, Jarek is more calm than anything and I think that's about it." I smiled sadly while eyeing the words written across the tree.

In loving memory of Chester Davis.

My eyes shifted to the stroller in front of me where the pups were. They were peacefully sleeping with their soft blankets tucked around their tiny bodies. I smiled at the sight of their small faces. The wind had slowed down while I was out here which was weird because, it was super windy on my walk over here. A patch of dim sunlight had shown through the trees, landing on the pups faces to warm them up.

"Thank you." I mumbled, knowing in my heart that it was Chester.

"Layla?" I looked behind me at the sound of my mate.

He smiled, walking closer to where I was seated on a stump, "Are you almost ready?" he glanced to the pups.

"Yeah do you want to take them for me, I'll be over in a minute." I replied, he nodded and walked over to the stroller and carefully wheeled it over the uneven floor, kissing my cheek when he passed by.

"Come on my beautiful pups." I heard him faintly coo at them.

After he left I gave my attention back to the tree with the ribbon. I smiled and stood up reaching out to graze the fabric with my fingertips. Then I made sure the flowers I set down were nicely placed before saying my goodbyes and leaving. I was happy that I got to visit him, I've heard his parents never do anymore. It breaks my heart because, Chester had so much growth to get through and he never got to reach the end of it.

"How was your visit?" Landon questioned, when I slipped into his awaiting arms, his embrace was tight and warm.

"It was nice." I mumbled into his chest, breathing in his woodsy scent, "Now we have one more place to go." I pulled my head back to meet his curious gaze.

"Where?" he asked, both of us coincidentally glancing to the pups to check on them.

"To your dads tree." I mumbled, watching him intake a breath of air, "Your mom told me where it was, near the lake."

His lips slowly pulled into a soft smile, "Okay."

•••

I smiled as I watched Landon talk away to his dads tree and I just knew in my soul that William was listening to every word. He spoke about the pack, Audrey, me and especially the pups. It made me realize how he probably hasn't been here in a while. I shifted my gaze towards the boulders where I knew Caelum's little onesie laid. The rose we once buried with the box was now blossoming and as bright as ever.

"Love.." I came back to reality when Landon's soothing voice broke my concentration.

My gaze shifted back to him, "I'm sorry what?"

"I said are you ready to go?" he asked, a small smile forming on his lips, "I'm pretty sure I've done my fair share of talking with my dad." his white pearls were bright as he grinned, a slight chuckle leaving his lips.

I let my own light laugh out, standing up from my spot on the stump, "Yes I'm ready."

My eyes shifted to the stroller to see both of them were up, roaming their curious gazes everywhere. I smiled and walked side by side with Landon as he pushed the stroller out of the forest. My arms looped around his bicep and I leaned my head against his shoulder. I felt the sparks from our skin to skin contact tingling against my skin. It was sending Mia into overdrive because, of her lustful thoughts of mating with Jake.

"So what now?" I asked, I've sort of been in a state of surrealism ever since I had the pups.

I lifted my head to look out into the cyan colored river as he replied, "Now we just.." he trailed off, lacing his fingers with mine and I looked back to catch his hazel orbs, "...be together..." he pressed a feather light kiss against the back of my hand, "Forever." he mumbled, with a soft smile on his lips.

I felt my face inevitably blush, "I like that." I replied, he smirked.

"Just like?" he stopped pushing the stroller to turn to me, his hands shooting to my stomach to tickle me.

I instantly moved my hands towards his to stop him but, he only grabbed them tugging me forward. And surprisingly crashing his lips onto mine in a passionate kiss. I hummed in contentment, kissing him back harder. Our lips meshed together perfectly, his lips were so soft and warm against mine. He slowly pulled away, slipping down to his knee and I eyed him in confusion.

He had let go of my hands and was now holding my engagement ring, "I know I already asked you but, now I don't have to wait anymore so Layla baby, will you marry me, this time sooner?" I laughed at him, glancing to the pups in the stroller, Ruri had fallen asleep but, Jarek was wide awake.

"Yes." I nodded my head, holding out my hand for him to slip the diamond ring onto my finger.

Then I cupped his face to bring him down to me so I could kiss his lips quickly before Ruri started to cry loudly. We both immediately went to check on her and almost instantly when she seen Landon and I she stopped. Mostly Landon, these past couple days we've discovered she is very much a daddy's girl. I didn't know what it was but, she seemed to connect with him a little more than me.

'Which is absurd because, we carried her for nine months!' Mia grumbled.

I could only smile at her claim but, Jarek on the other hand was different. He definitely preferred me a little more and I was glad one of them wanted me. But, it didn't mean I loved Ruri any less than Jarek, they were both mine and I loved the hell out of them. It was kind of crazy how heightened my instincts got when I had them. Especially my protectiveness, there wasn't anything I wouldn't do for them.

"Awe you want to go home now huh?" I glanced up from Jarek's hazel eyes to see Landon cooing at the now peaceful Ruri in his arms.

That went for Landon too, who was already such an amazing dad.

•••

"They're so beautiful." I whispered, eyeing the tiny pups lying in the middle of Landon and I.

He smiled at me, "They definitely get it from you."

I shook my head as Mia bounced around at the compliment. Ruri was sleeping peacefully next to Landon in her pink 'Princess' onesie. While Jarek had his blue 'Prince' onesie on. He was lying awake, staring up at me with wonder in his small orbs.

"Hi." I cooed, bringing the pad of my thumb to run gently against his soft chubby cheek.

He blinked slowly as my gaze shifted towards Ruri who was moving around. Landon and I have been talking about the wedding for the last hour. So far we've decided to get married as soon as possible, we both wanted it and didn't want to wait anymore. We've also called up Audrey to tell her about our plans. She was very adamant on helping out with anything we needed help with.

Which was a big help because, with the pups now here all my focus wanted to be on them. Of course I wanted the wedding to be perfect but, I couldn't very well focus on that when my pups were here. Upon that thought arriving in my head, Ruri started to cry.
My lips quirked up into a smile when I seen Jarek's eyes widen in fear, startled by the loud wailing. Then inevitably his lips started to quiver.

'Awe poor guy got scared.' Mia frowned.

"Oh shit." Landon urgently said, already knowing what was about to happen.

"Hey don't curse in front of them." I pushed him in the shoulder as Ruri and Jarek's high pitched cries filled the air a second later.

"They're like five minutes old, they can't understand me." he stated, with laughter to his tone as he leaned over to get Ruri to see him.

I shook my head with a humorous smile on my lips and turned to Jarek, "Come on Jarek, we're leaving." I slipped my hand carefully under his body and the other underneath his head to lift him in my arms.

Landon looked up at me, "What no, why?" he questioned, carefully picking Ruri up as well.

"Because, you've both upset us." I joked, nodding my head and lightly patting Jarek to calm him down.

Landon rolled his eyes, looking back to Ruri who had a red tear stained face. Jarek was looking pretty similar so I took this as cue to walk out of the room. Usually when the both of them are crying we found it best to separate them since their cries oddly motivate the other. I looked down at him as I walked to the nursery.

"It's okay sweetheart." I spoke softly, moving my hand to brush aside some of his black hair, "Everything's alright." I cooed, walking over to the crib to place him in it for a second.

Then I went over to the changing area to grab him a bottle. We were lucky enough to think of putting a mini fridge in here for their bottles. So I opened it up and grabbed one of his blue ones. His cries had disapated some but, were still very much loud.

"I'm sorry, I'm going as fast I can." I hastily went back over to his crib.

My hearing faintly catching Ruri's crying getting quieter and I cursed Landon for being her favorite. I focused back on Jarek as I leaned over to get him out and safely into my arms. Then I put the bottle between his crying pout, once he shut them around it he stopped his crying fuss. He stared up at me, making small sounds of contentment as he drank his bottle. I smiled at him, shifting him a little bit in my arms so I could hold the bottle better.

"There sweetheart, how's that?" I asked as if he could reply, eyeing his pale complexion.

He continued to stare at me with so much wonder and curiosity floating around in the light brown color of his orbs. They then wondered to his bottle then me, eventually drooping down. I turned around slightly when I felt Landon near me. He had Ruri in his arms giving her forehead a light kiss and placing her down into the crib gently. He also turned on her carousel above her head for her.

I looked back to Jarek when I heard little noises from his bottle to see he was fallen fast asleep. Milk had dribbled down the corner of his lips and I pulled the bottle away. I placed it on top of the dresser and used my sleeve to lightly wipe up the milk. Then I gave him a kiss against his cheek, walking over to his crib to lower him down upon the soft surface.

Afterwards I stepped back into Landon's strong arms as he leaned his chin on my shoulder, "I can't believe they're real sometimes." he mumbled, which made me laugh as I looked back and forth between the cribs.

"Me either." I replied, leaning against him, feeling his hands trailing against my now flat stomach.

"I told you we'd have a family of our own one day."

~~~~~~

Hey everyone so sorry for the wait I've been super busy. But, here is a chapter and I kind of sort of hate it. I don't know why so I hope that maybe you guys like it a little more than me. The beginning is good but, I feel I could have did more. I just wanted to introduce/show off Ruri and Jarek a little plus all of them as a family.

❗️-This story is also coming to end, by end I mean literally the next chapter if not two chapters. I'm so sorry and I'm really sad about it as well because, Landon and Layla are some of my favorite characters I've written about. And It's super sad to say goodbye to them as I've grown majorly attached. But, I truly feel like their story has come to an end and I wouldn't want to drag it out and ruin what I've made. Thank you all for sticking around this long and reading I genuinely love you all.

Favorite scene?

Predictions?

How are you feeling?

I love you all and I hope you have a good day/afternoon/night <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
277K 8.1K 32
This book has suggestions of suicide, torture, abuse, sexual assault, and a lot of profanity 18 + only this is a dark romance with smut. Layla Rhod...
3.8M 120K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
287 41 14
Born to an Alpha father and a twin brother, Ivy struggles to claim and secure her rightful title as the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. As a female, sh...