The Runt & The Alpha

Autorstwa WaattyAriiaa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meet Layla Anderson runt of the pack. In most packs runts are taken care of, protected. Altho... Więcej

‼️Author's Note‼️
• Cast List •
• Cast List 2 •
Chapter 1- Layla Anderson.
Chapter 2- Landon Carter.
Chapter 3- Mate.
Chapter 4- Mine.
Chapter 5- Doctor.
Chapter 6- Happy Birthday.
Chapter 7- My Room.
Chapter 8- She's Perfect.
Chapter 9- Layla's Past.
Chapter 10- Her Battle's.
Chapter 11- Moon Goddess.
Chapter 12- Landon's Time.
Chapter 13- You're okay.
Chapter 14- His Office.
Chapter 15- Sara.
Chapter 16- Luna.
Chapter 17- Too Late.
Chapter 18- The Great Gatsby.
Chapter 19- Mia.
Chapter 20- Bad person.
Chapter 21- Storm & Pain.
Chapter 22- Blurred Emotions.
Chapter 23- Zach.
Chapter 24- The talk.
Chapter 25- Thank You.
Chapter 26- Happy.
Chapter 27- Me.
Chapter 28- More.
Chapter 29- It's Okay.
Chapter 30- Animal Farm.
Chapter 31- William.
Chapter 32- I Knew It.
Chapter 33- Say It Again.
Chapter 34- Brad.
Chapter 35- I Did It.
Chapter 36- Then Don't.
Chapter 37- You're My First.
‼️Announcement‼️
Chapter 38- I Want Her.
Chapter 39- Layla's Day Out.
Chapter 40- Unexpected Events.
Chapter 41- Love.
Chapter 42- Forever.
Chapter 43- The Luna.
Chapter 44- In Love.
Chapter 45- Escaped Rouges.
Chapter 46- Anderson.
Chapter 47- Family.
Chapter 48- Ceremony.
Chapter 49- Home.
Chapter 50- Alpa & Luna.
Chapter 51- A Good Day.
Chapter 52- Grey Wolf.
Chapter 53- Chester.
Chapter 54- Sincerely.
Chapter 55- Stressed.
Chapter 56- Saved.
Chapter 57- Kade.
Chapter 58- Agony.
Chapter 59- Never Again.
Chapter 60- Consequences.
Chapter 61- Hold Me.
Chapter 62- Anger.
Chapter 63- Calm.
Chapter 64- Announcements.
Chapter 65- Merry Christmas.
Chapter 66- Storm.
Chapter 67- Hope.
Chapter 68- Him.
Chapter 70- Time.
Chapter 71- Pups.
Chapter 72- Ruri & Jarek.
Chapter 73- Planning & Tradition.
Chapter 74- Layla Carter.
Official Goodbye.
HELLO :)

Chapter 69- My Angel.

32.8K 926 55
Autorstwa WaattyAriiaa

Landon's pov

"Are you ready my love?" I questioned gently, eyeing her over in the mirror, she was so beautiful.

She wore this black dress that fit her perfectly, showcasing her adorable belly. Her long black hair was curled by my mom who had came over earlier. She's been such a huge help to us mostly to Layla. I know that she's hurting a lot about the miscarriage and so am I. But, I know I'm doing a more better job at trying to hide it because, I want to be strong for her. Layla has been so sad these past couple of days yet she has her moments.

Moments where she lets herself feel and be happy enough to smile but, it's like every time she does she feels wrong about it. So then she sinks back into this pit of sadness that she tries to crawl out of. I see how hard she's trying and that makes me want to try too.

I'm not sure if she knows that I've figured it out yet but, I know that the miscarriage was the consequence she was so worried about. It's kept me up at night the guilt is so heavy on my chest and it's so hard to hide through the mate bond. Jake is rather hurt by everything as well especially that Mia hasn't spoken to him yet.

"Yeah I'm ready." she whispered, turning around to meet my eyes with a small smile.

I held out my hand and allowed her to slip hers into mine. Then I lead us downstairs in peaceful silence before letting go of her hand to grab our stuff. I grabbed her sweater from the chair and the small blue box off the table. When I walked back over to her she was eyeing the box and I lifted her chin.

"I love you." I said as I leaned down to place a soft kiss against her lips.

"I love you." she whispered back.

We locked hands again and I opened the door to allow her out first before following behind. She had her arms wrapped around mine as we walked to the river. Leaves crunched underneath our feet and when the cyan colored water came into view so did our family. Jacob, Genevieve, Dawn and my mom were standing by the boulders where Layla and I first talked about my dad. They were all dressed in black, and Zach and his mate were also stood with them.

Some of the pack was here too off to the side and everyone caught our eyes as we walked closer and closer to the boulders. When we got there Zach gave me a hug while Jacob gave Layla one. Afterwards my mom came to hug me even if she just seen me an hour ago. Her hug was still very much appreciated. Once the greetings were over, Layla knelt down with my help in front of the big grey rock.

I kneeled beside her and started to dig with a hand shovel Jacob brought for a small hole. Inside I could feel my sadness blooming mixed with Layla's. She had the blue box on her lap and undid the ribbon to see his little onesie one more time. Her green eyes were already filled with tears as she took the baby blue onesie out of the box that said 'Prince'. I bit my lip to keep my own tears in, she hugged it to her chest and I rubbed her back.

"I love you so much." I heard her whisper and I eyed the little onesie, reaching over to rub the material between my fingers.

I moved my hand up when I felt a traitorous tear slip from my eye. Jacob was standing behind her and had a comforting hand on her shoulder. While my mom did the same for me. Layla folded the small piece of clothing before putting the lid back on and tying the dark blue ribbon again. Then she leaned over to place the box inside the hole I dug.

She cupped some dirt to push over the box and I did the same. Genevieve then motioned for Dawn to step forward and give Layla the flower they picked out. It was a bright red rose that was still growing. Layla gave it to me with a small smile and it hurt me when I seen her tear stained face. I leaned over and kissed her cheek tenderly before pulling the flower from the pot and burying it into the dirt that went over the box.

It was blowing in the the wind, sticking out against the big boulder. The air was filled with silence and sadness all across the pack. Once I had it buried perfectly and you couldn't see the little blue box anymore.

Layla's sobs had broke through which made me instantly turn to grab her in my arms. I held her shaking body against me, trying to soothe the pain but, it was inevitable. We had lost one of our pups and like my mom said, it will always hurt. She had her face buried in my chest and I placed my hand on the back of her head to run through her hair. My wolf cried inside for her and Mia.

"It's okay, I've got you." I whispered, kissing her head quickly and tightening my hold on her, "I've got you love." she had a tight grip against my shirt and I shut my eyes feeling my own tears slip out.

I wish that I could take all of her pain away but, I knew for now all I could do is be here for her and I will be, I will be for every step of the way.

•••

"Thank you for being here." I smiled tightly as Zach patted my shoulder.

"Of course alpha." he stated knowingly with a hint of a joke behind it.

I sighed and shook my head while loosening my collar, "I told you to call me Landon, you never learn." I laughed lightly, moving over to the opposite side of my desk.

"My bad." he muttered sarcastically, pouring bourbon into both of our glasses.

When I sat down in my office chair he had handed mine to me. Before we clinked our glasses together he met my eyes.

"To your little angel." his words had almost made me break right then and there but, I held it in.

I repeated his words, "To my little angel." I mumbled, putting the glass to my lips and allowing the liquid to go down my throat.

After the small funeral for him the pack had gave condolences to Layla and I. Who went home with my mom and Jacobs family. Her brother had also been of help too. He made her laugh at times I couldn't and now that I was more than grateful for. I decided that I needed a drink and a talk with my friend.

It felt like Zach and I have drifted apart since his small crush on Layla. But, ever since he found his mate it's like he's forgotten he even had one on her. Yet I know he still thinks very highly of her and that she most likely doesn't come that far after his mate to him. It used to bother me so much but, I've come to realize who wouldn't like Layla, mate or not she's incredible. Anyone with functioning eyes could see that, except I was the one lucky enough to be the one mated to her.

"So how are you and Olivia?" I questioned, pouring me another glass.

He smiled at the mention of his mate, "We're good, I'm really glad I found her, she's amazing." he gushed.

"I'm happy for you." I said, before drinking the bourbon again.

"Thank you." he replied, drawing his eyebrows together, "So hey, I know I never got to properly tell you this but, I'm sorry about my crush on your mate I now see how wrong that was." he admitted and I smiled at his small confession that was certainly taking my mind off of other things.

"It's okay." I glanced down at my now empty glass, "I can see why she caught your eye but, why did she?" I questioned curiously, he's one of my closest friends and him liking my mate certainly surprised me at first.

He blew out a breath, "For starters she's beautiful." I could only grin because, she sure fucking is, "And when you first told me certain things about what happened to her I admired how strong she was and how she could be so caring even after all of that." he answered.

Jake had quickly become agitated by his words. And I was wondering when he might pop up during this interesting conversation.

"You've just perfectly described how I see her and more, Layla is the best person that I know." I stated, moving my glass towards Zach who had a small smile on his lips.

"I really am sorry though about the pup Layla and you didn't deserve that." he shook his head with hurt in his eyes as he poured us another round.

"Thank you Zach." I smiled gratefully and nodded my head, "I'm just glad that we didn't lose all of them, now I think that would have been such a different story."

"One that shall not be thought of then." he pushed my full glass back over to me, "Not if bourbon has anything to say about it." he chuckled lightly and so did I as we raised our glasses.

To my little angel.

•••

"Layla?" I called out as I walked up the stairs in the silent house.

"Up here." she called and I followed her voice from where it came from.

She was in the nursery we have for the pups standing in front of his crib. Her hand was touching the wood and I slowly walked into the room. I slid my hand on her hip, placing my nose against her neck to get a whiff of her intoxicating scent.

"What are you doing?" I whispered, against her neck which made her shiver.

"What are we supposed to do with his crib?" she asked.

I frowned at the sad question pulling away to meet her emerald glossy eyes, "We can do whatever you want with it." she nodded and I cupped her cheeks, "Whatever you want." I whispered, leaning down to connect our lips in a soft somber kiss.

She kissed me back slowly in need of comfort and my heart was already speeding up at the mere thought of her lips on mine. When she pulled away and opened her eyes, her tears had slipped down her cheeks. While our foreheads came together and I wiped them away with the pads of my thumbs.

"I want to keep it." she whispered, I nodded.

"Whatever you want my love." she wrapped her arms around me and moved her head to bury in my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around her to hold her small frame against me in a tight hold, whatever she wants.

~~~

Hey everyone I hope you enjoyed this chapter in Landon's pov. I wanted to show you all how he's feeling and what he's going through as well. This one was definitely another sad one that made me cry while writing. The burial for the pup was just so sad to write and the song absolutely broke me. I've been so spot on with my songs on sad parts lately I'm proud of myself for that.

I also brought back Zach I felt like he needed to still be included because, he was Landon's best friend at one point. I also addressed how he felt about Layla for the first time. I felt like that was long over due and needed to properly be addressed. Overall I'm quite proud of this chapter and I do want to share something with you all.

Sadly, this book will be coming to an end soon. I'm not sure when but, I do know there's only a handful maybe of chapters left.

What were your thoughts on the funeral?

Favorite scene?

How do you feel about finally hearing how Zach felt about Layla?

I love you all and I hope you all have a good day/afternoon/night <3

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

2K 124 25
After a brutal rejection and the terms of a curse that had plagued her family for generations. Alpha Ezra Killick refuses to see that there still may...
16.7K 610 10
Alpha Zachary Harrison rules the most feared pack, the Black Knight. He is ruthless, merciless, and cruel. No one dares to disrespect the Alpha. Most...
473K 24K 41
When Leah is gifted with an abusive mate, you'd think she would give up on werewolves altogether. But a new experience opens her mind and heart to pa...
172K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...