Dark Paradise | ✔︎

By sinfulxhaze

Two notorious mafias in Italy one is ruled by Gabriella Sangriento and the other is ruled by Giovanni Carson... More

Characters
Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chpater 38
Chpater 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Bonus Chapter
Author's note
BOOK TWO

Chapter 26

16.5K 366 232
By sinfulxhaze

MY TEARS FALL BACKWARD, burning as they sing their way down my throat. The room is dark and I can barely see a thing, the last thing I remembered was being knocked out.

I try to get up but I'm pulled back by chains, this chair is so uncomfortable that my back is starting to hurt. I start to shift in my seat so that I can get a bit comfortable.

"Stop that." Says a voice from a distance. "Where am I?" I question the person. I can't see him clearly because it's too dark. "Who are you?" I asked once more.

"Could you stop asking these questions?" I hear another voice-a woman? My attention shifts to the door when it bursts open and I see two men walk in followed by Gabriella. "You're finally awake." Gabriella cheers. Rolling my eyes I make sure I avoid eye contact. I don't want to look at her, after what she has done and acts like everything is perfectly okay it shows that she's a heartless bitch. "What do you want?" I say slowly. "Antonio, I want him dead." She says. My eyes widen and I try my best to fight back the tears. "Don't worry. His death will be slow and painful, all I want to hear are his screams until they slowly fade as he takes his last breath."

Pressing my lips together to stop the trembling I screw my eyes shut and take a deep breath in. "Amelia, Oscar," Gabriella says. "Si?"

"Leave." She demands.

Everyone in the room stares at me, and some of them pity me. The door closes indicating that everyone has left the room and it's just Gabriella and me.

It's silence between us, the smell of old blood gives me chills. She looked into my eyes, reading me like an open book. I looked away facing the wall as I tried to stay calm.

One thing I've realized about Gabriella is that she despises people that show weakness. "But since I'm polite, I'll make sure I return you to him." She smirked. "Just cooperate."

"You might be wondering why the fuck I want him dead." She said, "Let's just say that I want vengeance." She says bitterly.

The smartest thing to do is just rat out Antonio but I can't, without him, I would be long gone. So I owe him my life.

What concerns me is that Gabriella is so obsessed with the Carson family, Her number one priority is to have them all dead, especially the brothers. The worst part is that whenever she has a chance to kill Giovanni she hesitates for what reason only God knows.

I don't feel guilty for killing him. Is that a bad thing?

"He killed them."

I snap out of my thoughts and I see that Gabriella's back is facing me. "What?"

"He killed them as if they were not human." Her tone was stiff and surly

'As if they were not human,' says the woman who murders people for a living.

"That's why I want him dead, he was the one who killed my family, and turned me into a killer, slowly I want him to feel the exact pain I felt for years. To do that-" She says and turns on her heel to face me.

"I have to start with you."

She slowly meanders towards me with a cloth in one hand. My eyes widen when I realize she's blindfolding me. It's now pitch black and I'm frightened because I have no clue what Gabriella will be doing to me.

My breathing becomes heavy and I feel some sort of cold object against my skin. My lips are dry and I feel the cloth soaked because of my tears.

"Waterboarding."

waterboarding?

Gabriella chuckles. "One of my favorite things to do."

What is she talking about? What the hell is waterboarding? I hear fidgeting and seconds later my body loosens up, they unchain me?

I'm startled a bit when I hear the metal door open and close and heavy footsteps heading in my direction.

"Over there," Gabriella instructs. Rough cold hands are wrapped around my waist and I shriek when I feel myself being lifted.

Where are they taking me? I'm gently placed on a bed I assume. It's quiet for a moment so I think this is my chance.

I slowly pull myself up and try to take the blindfold off but someone pushes me back down and holds me in place. "Be still." His tone walked the line between bitterness and incredulity. I gulp. I panic when I feel my legs being tied followed by my arms but they are tied to the bed.

A cloth is held tightly to my face and it's a bit of a struggle to breathe.

"Waterboarding is like simulated drowning." She said in a plain tone.

The room is silent. I tried my best to stay calm, the only thing I could hear was my heavy breathing and how my heart was rapidly pounding against my chest.

Cold water is poured onto my face and it soaks the cloth, I'm unable to breathe if I try to it's like water is entering my nose causing it to sting badly,

I move my head side to side to avoid water being poured onto my face but someone grips my head and forces me to be still.

I open my mouth to try to get air but it makes it worse when water is poured onto my face again. I gag and scream as I forcefully try to break free from these straps.

"No matter how hard you try to break free it's useless." She says with a calm voice which scares me. "So are you going to tell me where your lover boy is or-"

"Burn in hell bitch." I spat.

The cloth is removed from my face and I immediately catch my breath. I scan the room and I can't see anything. Everything is hazy. All I see are dark spots and white light. When I look to the side the same person grips my chin and forces me to face the ceiling.

Tears began to stream down my face and I think back to the moment when everything was okay before I met Giovanni. I had family and friends who cared about me and now I have no one.

"Ahhhh!" I cried as the tears continuously strolled down my face, my screams filled the room.

My body is shaking, my sweat is cold, and my lips are chapped causing them to bleed and dry blood everywhere.

"It hasn't even begun and you're already in bad shape," Gabriella says as she tapped the blade on my skin. "Karma is a bitch." I mumbled to myself. Maybe I deserve this because of what I did to Giovanni or Michael.

Michael was sweet but when I met Giovanni I couldn't resist. I had to pick one but I decided to pick both.

Cold water is splashed onto my face and I immediately wake up. I start to cough and catch my breath but I struggle when they cover my face with the fabric. My breath is heavy and uneven so I start to become hazy.

Cold water is immediately poured onto my nose and mouth, I gag trying my best to breathe. It's like I'm drowning. I spit up a big chunk of water, I had it all in my sinuses but it makes it worse because as soon as I try to move my head to the side, the water I vomited out along with the water that is poured into my face.

My body is shaking and I feel cold. My head is pounding and my screams are causing more pain.

Everything I've done has led me to this, torture. I'm so tired physically and emotionally that I should just stop running and face my demons.

Rest. That's all I'm asking for but to get that I have to give up and give in. I have nothing to lose, right? So what's the use of fighting?

As I kicked viciously through the water I felt an intense pain in the back of my head. It's like I sank to the bottom of the ocean.

I feel numb, I can't move anymore.

huh, I'm cold everything around me is slowly drifting away. I try my best to breathe but I can't and I'm not fighting it anymore.

This is what I get for hurting and caring for other people. I should stop fighting other people's battles and learn to fight for myself. What do I want that will make me happy?

Rest. I just need rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2.1K 70
As I saw him coming towards me I start to walk backwards until my back hits the wall. I don't want to spill blood here. Dad's going to kill if if I d...
1.1M 38.5K 32
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** He was nothing like other men that she'd met in her life. He was different. She knew he was. But he was forbidden. She w...
9.5K 411 32
Gabriella Conti's family always seemed normal - boring even. A mother working two jobs, an annoying teenage brother, and an Alzheimer-inflicted grand...
84.4K 1K 25
He walks closer to me, pushing me back against his desk. "I'm going to throw you down and fuck you until you scream my fucking name." His fingers sli...