To New Beginnings.

By raghadCa

It all made sense now, the journal, the letters and her death. I was never lost; it was there but I was just... More

Chapter one: The endless night
Milkshake
Cut off
Missing home
Lonely
Newbie
Burden
Homesick
Drama
Blame
Flashbacks
News
Rumors
Pity
Acceptance
Bond
Fear of abandonment
Shotgun
Hurtful truth
A human pole
Rosie?
Charity work
AUTHOR note
Runaway
Doubts
Important info! ❤️☺️
Opening up
Heyyyy!
Blocked out
Places
Promises
Safe haven
Trust
Vulnerabilities
Transparent
Too good to be true
Two worlds
Replacement
Deeply falling
Siblings
Lost hope
Broken souls
Fearful memories
Losing control
Losing myself
psychopath
Hospitalized
Cardiac death
Triggers
Unrevealed
Redhanded
The letter
Something missing.
Her death.
He left
Lost yet found
Hidden
Hunt
Hidden in a box
Truth, be told
Distructed
Important
Elliotte
Guys 🥹
Chaos
The deadly truth
VERY VERY IMPORTANT!
Note

Missed out

125 28 39
By raghadCa

The realization hit me while Alec rambled off about my whereabouts that I was indeed what he was looking for.
" Where were you? Are you okay!? Where'd you go? " Alec rambled worriedly observing my every move checking if I was alright.

" I'm perfectly fine, I just wanted to call dad and check upon him. " I smiled assuring him that everything was indeed perfectly fine.

I didn't get a response from him instead he ran his hand through his hair in a worn and fatigued manner.

" promise? " He hesitated to assume I'm hiding something.

" Promise now let's go have fun! " I laughed pushing him to the store, but he stiffened.

" What's wrong? "
Instead of receiving a proper answer, I was engulfed in a bear hug.
It's not as you imagined it, not awkward, but sweet, yet strong.
Rigid is how I felt, but hugged back taking in his care in a tender and considerate matter, it was sympathy-.

could it be? Could he be- No, he wouldn't feel that way would he? He wouldn't pity me for my attacks, right?

The thoughts that engulfed my mental senses brought me back to my senses making me pull back from his embrace.

" Alec "

" I'm sorry, I was just afraid something happened "

" That wasn't what I was going to say. " I interfered

" you okay? Did you not take your pills? " Alec gave me a stern look trying to interpret the way I was acting noticing my sternness.

Tilting his head narrowing his eyes on my feet that were being shifted one to the other. He took a step closer trying to clasp my arm, but I pulled it away before he could clasp it.

" Hazel, what's wrong? "

" I've got one question, and what I want is one proper answer to this question nothing more, nothing less "

" shoot "

" Is this your way of pitying me or is this you being tender and considerate? " I asked with a glimpse of hope that he would give me the answer I wanted to hear, the answer that I wanted to assure myself with what needed to be heard, the one that'll make me realize that I can try and this will work out. I also didn't want to hear a fake answer that'll hurt me and break me into pieces.

Alec looked like he phased out a look of hurt evident on his face and a look that showed regret which confused me more and more.

" Alec, I need an answer "

" your anxiety is kicking in trying to take over your senses which you shouldn't let bother you. I'll be there to prove to you that I'm here for you and that I genuinely care, but others won't. That doesn't mean you should give up though. "

Smiling at him in adoration at how sweet and authentic he could be at times which compels the thoughts in my mind making me forget how I could even assume that he'd do it in the first place.
" Thank you " I whispered.

" Oh and next time you thank me our friendship will be slipping down the drain " Alec chuckled as he ruffled my hair.

Soon his eyes were set on something behind me with an intense deep gaze, narrowing his eyes he muttered
" go to the car "
I nodded turning to see not only Dylan alone but with two older guys standing by both sides of Dylan.

" well, well, well if it isn't the new chick " One of the guys I don't know looked at me up and down. It wasn't quite hard for me to stiffen up and act confident, but it was evident that Alec was worried for me.

" didn't know I'm that popular " I Smirked back.
Alec stiffened up inching forward pulling me behind him in a sign of command to listen to him and go to the car.

Instead of sitting in the car as he prescribed, I chose to sit on the sidewalk by his car leaving me out of their sights, but their words were crystal clear.

" Provoking me won't do you any good Dylan. It won't.  " Alec hissed stepping closer each time he spits out a word revealing the threat.

" Acting tough now, are we? Dylan provoked probably a smirk etched on his face.

" Don't try messing with me, I promise it won't end well"

" Did it once and walked out of it perfectly. I'm sure I could do it again. " Dylan retorted as his friends snickered as the guys walked out of Wal-mart carrying loads of bags.
Each pair of eyes were narrowed at the sight of Dylan and his crew except Amelia who maintained a straight face.
Standing up, I started to head over to them but stopped as soon as Tyler motioned me to stop, for once I simply nodded and stopped in my track.

Tyler held a serious face approaching Alec who was still standing face to face with Dylan waiting any moment for an attack.

Not being able to hear the words that Tyler spoke due to Melanie who approached me muttering profanities in a language I couldn't quite understand nor distinguish.

" Out of every person we could've run into today it had to be him. Least of all be Cloe not this dibshit "  Melanie spat

" It could've gotten worse. " I actuated obtaining a scoff from Amelia.

" You wouldn't know " Amelia turned to me.

" Sure, but I know it could've gotten worse " I started smiling

" got a point " Melanie nodded as Blake and the guys walked back to where we girls, were waiting.

" Guess, we're back to business " Blake grinned as he looked at the bag full of goods by Tyler's car.
A look of realization flashed in his eyes as he rushed towards Alec's car.

" Shotgun! " Blake yelled running to Alec's car before I and Alec got to it making all of our heads turn vapidly at his sudden call for what he called dorkily.

The boys were smirking especially Alec who invented the shotgun rule in their friendship, but he was the only one who followed the rule before I came along.

Blake quickened to notice what he did and took the steps he took back as if he decided to rewind what happened assuming we'd let it slip.

" You were saying? " I quirked my eyebrow at Blake who had a look of horror with a mix of remorse of what he just did.

" I think I didn't hear him properly, did you, Hazel? " Alec chuckled walking to Blake grinning causing everyone chuckling except Amelia who had a straight face.

" So what he called it out! " Amelia blurted huffing and speed walking to Tyler's car.

" I hate you " Blake muttered to Alec then took off to sit in indeed the passenger seat.

Within a minute they managed to make each other smile despite what delayed them seconds ago, bond was the key.
-----------------

" it's gorgeous! " I gasped watching the lake before us as we sat under this gigantic tree by a pile of colourful aesthetic crumbled dead leaves.
I know why they meet here, after all, the breeze was fresh and explicit.
Each time a gust of wind hit my bare face didn't make me colder yet warmer from the inside.
The beautiful combination of the fall colours felt the nostalgia of the leaves we had back home.

Closing my eyes breathing in trying to visualize the best way of enjoying the day hoping it'll last like this with no quandaries, that it'll end up peaceful.

Of course, the moment had to be ruined by the guys throwing remarks here and there to Blake for the shotgun incident.
Turning to them, I couldn't help but join their laughter as he rolled his eyes at them acting cool.

" Where'd you guys find this place? " I burst what has been on my thoughts the whole time I was enduring to keeping it to myself, but I guess couldn't be handled.

All of them stopped what they were doing and turned to me then turned to each other as if they were all not sure what the answer was.

Tyler replied before anyone could respond to my question.

" randomly walking by "

everyone, I included eyed him as he answered.

" It's beautiful " I smiled and moved on to set the food with the girls.

" It is, isn't it? "

Blake began calling out each of our beverages aloud for us to start eating after he claimed that he was too hungry to wait which was pretty unbelievable being that he ate almost everything that was left from breakfast this morning.

" Cola " "Gingerale " " Crush " " Pepsi ", " Oreo milkshake "
Handing each their drinks before stopping to hand mine.

" Oreo, Milkshake " he emphasized

" for none other than Milkshake girl "
Alec laughed causing the rest to join him except for Tyler and me who had straight faces at the mention of that situation.
Tyler rolled his eyes in response, but I couldn't let Blake get away with it, so I did what I had to do.

" At least I'm not shotgun boy " I laughed at him as his smirk dropped while all of us were bursting up laughing at the look on his face at the mention of his new nickname.

" I don't think that'll ever get old " Alec admitted wiping the tear due to the hysterical laughing.

" Oh, It just started " Blake grumbled

" Don't blame me, buddy. It was all you " Alec grinned

" If it wasn't for you letting Hazel sit in the shotgun seat * the passenger seat this wouldn't have happened " Blake whined

" back to whiny Blakey ", Seth muttered for the first time. Blake began to narrow his eyes at the mention of the nickname I yet haven't heard about.

" Whiny Blakey? " I laughed historically turning to Alec that was looking at me with amusement.

" I'm gonna kill you " Blake jumped on Seth, both turning and tugging at each other's hair as they rolled down the hill still squirming not giving a shit about the fact that they're falling down a hill.

" Blake! " I called but was shushed by the rest who were watching intensely waiting for the grande moment.

" I bet ten bucks they're falling into the lake " Alec turned to Tyler

" I bet twenty that only one of them is going to fall into the lake " Tyler set his word as a bet while us girls were waiting for the landing.

" Splash " Blake fell into the water leaving Seth on the pavement sighing in relief, and Alec waiting as if he knows what'll happen next.

" wait for it, wait for it " Alec instructed keeping his eyes on Seth as Seth was being pulled by Blake into the cold water with him.

The splashes of water were heard along with Seth muttering profanities, the sound of our laughing and Alec gasping for air was evident in the atmosphere. Was it the sound that would've bothered you while walking at the park, no? It was the type that'd make you realize how much you were missing out on life holding yourself back from this, happiness, friendship, bond.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

909 150 29
I always believed that my group of friends were resilient enough to withstand anything. But then that day happened and I watched it helplessly crumbl...
270 17 15
They say when love is real it'll find it's way. And that's how I met the love of my life. As cliche as it sounds he was my home. "I'll never stop...
45.9K 1.7K 64
READ ALL OF DESCRIPTION THIS STORY IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT COMPARED TO MY OTHERS Dean. A traumatized boy who wants more than anything to feel the feeli...
1.3K 242 51
"I loved knowing she was scared of me. My insides were hurting from all the build up anger. It was all her fault. It was her fault my life was a mess...