Of Course Not || MINSUNG ON H...

By Patchutsksk

Han Jisung, a transfer student at JYP Academy, is forced to be the lead role for a school project partnered w... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

29

618 36 28
By Patchutsksk

"Yes Minho. You heard it right. You are safe from the disease and you can live a normal life without worries." Doctor Jung said smiling. He got up from his chair and hugged him. "I'm glad you're not going into your father's path kid. I'm so glad. I wouldn't bare to live knowing a good friend of mine and his son would have the same faith and I couldn't even help to fix it. I'm just glad you're fine."

Minho who had a little bit of tear on the side of his eyes chuckled as he tightly hugged back the doctor. No words escaped his mouth due to the shock. He was expecting the worse out of the results and hearing the opposite just made him lose all his senses, in a good way.

"But there are still other tests that haven't arrived but the test we just read a while ago is as good as any result already. But I'll still call you when those arrive in the coming weeks okay."

Minho nods his head as they broke the hug. He then faced Seungmin who was already crying nonstop on the side. "Hey why are you crying? I'm fine. See? Don't cry you look ugly." Seungmin just laughed and hugged his step brother as well.

Minho's mom and his step dad also got up and slowly approached them. "Honey. Are you okay? How do you feel?"

"I feel absolutely great mom. This was surreal. The emotion I feel can't be comprehended to any words right now. I'm just- just speechless."

"Aw baby. You don't have to worry anymore okay? Should we celebrate this over lunch?"

"Shouldn't you prepare for later though? I heard your flight to Texas was rescheduled this noon?"

"Don't worry about that Minho. We can squeeze a celebration for this good news son. It can also be a farewell lunch but if you two want to come to Texas with us we can still make last minute bookings. Is your decision to stay here that final? You too Seungmin."

"Yeah Sir it's final. I can't possibly just abandon my friends here and Seungmin's with me so you guys don't have to worry. We can visit you on vacations too. And I promise to come right away when dad wakes up. Besides, he wouldn't be upset with me if I'll arrive late when he finally opens his eyes."

"You are growing up so fast honey. I badly want to be with you but I guess you're all grown up to make your decisions. Your father would be proud of you, you know that right?"

"Don't make me cry mom. Come on. We should hurry up and you might miss your flight."

Minho had to choose where they can eat lunch and he chose a restaurant that offers an all you can eat buffet meal for any country you like. When asked why he chose this particular restaurant he responded "Since Seungmin and I can't come with you at the US then at least we should eat some food from overseas to somehow experience the culture and mom and sir should eat Korean meals, because it might be your last. So why not eat in a restaurant where it offers both right?"

Seungmin who was surprise by his brother's reason clapped in his expanse. "I didn't think of that Hyung. Wow. You are just amazing. How did you even know this restaurant exists here?"

"it's my hobby to search up restaurants but I don't go them unfortunately since I really don't have time so now here we are."

They laughed at the unusual information Minho said and just made their way to each of the food booth of each country.

The Kim family enjoyed their lunch to the fullest and even had a few desserts to finish off. While waiting for Minho's folks to finish eating, he thought off something to do with his friends later on. He then opened his phone and sent a message to their group chat.

Messenger

Minho: Hey. Meet me at the gym later. I want to play a game with you guys.

Hyunjin: Ohhh. What kind of game? I like games.

Felix: Me too! I want to play!

Minho: it's a secret. Just meet me there at 3 p.m maybe. Sounds good?

Changbin: At the school gym right? We should bring our unifroms then and shoot some of Bang Chan's scenes there. The one where Minho and Bang Chan is fighting somehow?

Bang Chan: Actually that's a great idea. Hitting two birds with one stone.

Hyunjin: Bring casual clothes and your uniform. We might take a few more scenes if we can think of any. Just in case yk.

Minho: are we good. then see you later!

Seungmin saw the message and eyed his brother across the table. Minho just looked at him with a weird expression. After their lunch they came back to the hospital for some last minute signing of papers and for Minho to have one last look and hug to his father before they go. He asked to be alone.

And the minute his mom got out of the hospital room, his tears just came gushing down. He finally let go of all of the emotions he bottled up for the past two weeks of worry and sadness. He couldn't be much more relieved to share this with his father.

"Dad. I hope you can hear me. I'm sorry I can't come with you at your journey to treatment but please wake up soon. Please dad. I forgive you already and I promise to spend time with you more if you finally wake up. Just please." He leaned on the bed and held onto his father's hand while sobbing.

The sheets on the bed were already wet from Minho's tears. He was silent for a couple of minutes. Trying to compose himself and regaining his breath from the heartfelt cry he just let out. He realized he hasn't cried that much since he was young.

A knock on the door made Minho back from reality. Good thing his tears were already dry from his cheeks and his eyes weren't all that red from crying. "Minho. Are you okay there? Can mom come in?"

"Yeah mom. You can come in."

Minho smiled as his mom entered. She immediately noticed the wet patch on the sheets and she just let out a sad smile. "We will be fine there honey. You can come if you want. I'll be more satisfied if you can come. And I'll miss you. We wouldn't see each other for months maybe for years if your father needs more medication."

"I don't wanna leave here mom and I already asked permission to dad. He said yes telepathically." Minho laughed.

"Is it because of the girl you were about to bring home last time huh? I'm not ready to become a grandmother yet okay?" His mom laughed back.

"Mom ew. And no. Why are you even thinking about that?"

"But you are growing up so fast now and one day I might just see you having a family of your own. I still want my baby Minho for myself you know." She then held Minho's cheeks and caressed it "I'll miss you Minho. Promise me you'll call us every single day okay? And visit us when you're on vacation from school."

"Yes mom I will of course. And don't worry. I'll take care of Seungmin too. You don't have to worry about that little brat. I believe we're in good terms already."

"Yeah we have noticed you both over the past few weeks. But honey, I'm more concerned for you than him. I even told Seungmin to keep an eye on you but surprisingly your brother has some belief in you. I think your brother knows you more better than me then." Minho's mother laughed half-heartedly. " Glad you guys came to your senses and actually became good with each other. Especially you. Seungmin has been telling me about how you ignore him in school and at home."

"Well. I'm sorry. I can't help it. Even if he was my real brother maybe I wouldn't be close to him either. You know how I only trust you and Stray Kids right."

"Well trust Seungmin now then. You need to trust each other. Now that me and your dad are miles apart, you both should rely on each other okay? Promise me that."

"Yes mom. I promise. But we also promised each other not to change so that's that. We will still annoy each other. I mean that's what brothers do. Nothing new to that."

"I'll miss you honey." Mrs. Kim gave Minho a tight hug. "Your dad and the nurses are waiting for us outside. We'll be late for our flight so should we go?"

And they all went to the airport to catch their flight. Minho's dad was also at the same flight equipped with all the medical equipment he needed for the 14 hour flying time to Texas.

After the plane took off, the two brothers immediately went home to catch up with Minho's surprise game and the shooting at the gym. Seungmin made an effort to pester him into telling what he was up too but the older didn't disclose any information.

"You are so talkative. Go to your room and just get ready. I'll leave before you if you don't hurry up."

"Can I ride your car then? I want to save gas." Seungmin asked as he annoyingly knocks on the older's door.

"No! Go away! You have your car and I have mine. Now go get ready!"

Seungmin then walks away sulkily as he sens a mesage to Hyunjin about how Minho is being a meanie to him again.

🌸

Minho and Seungmin was the first one to arrive at the campus. They were already wearing their uniforms and Seungmin also brought his ID thinking the security wouldn't recognize him. But Minho had easy access to the campus on a weekend because the security were friends with Stray Kids even for the past years, it was a habit of them to practice basketball on a weekend and the security was used to them already. But Minho still told the guards that 6 others, including Stray Kids are coming and that they're just gonna stay at the gym for a school project to do which they understood and just said that they would visit them later to check if everything is going okay. The two brothers then approached the gym and parked their car at the side.

The next to arrive was Hyunjin. Felix and Changbin came next and after a couple of minutes, Bang Chan arrived together with Jeongin and Jisung.

Hyunjin Changbin and Minho eyed each other after seeing Jeongin come out from Bang Chan's passenger seat. Jisung on the other hand waved towards Minho and Seungmin as he got off the backseat.

"Now that everybody is here. Should we shoot some scenes first? What are you planning Seungmin?" Minho asked

"Well the original idea was to have Bang Chan and Minho's confrontation here right? Should they be alone or will he see Minho with Jisung that's why his anger escalated? What do you think?"

"Hmmm. Yeah that could work. This scene needs a script right? Do we still have time to make a script or should the actors involved just improvise?" Changbin asked.

"Well yeah. I think I can do improvisation." Bang Chan assures.

"Hey. This is gonna be hard for you though. Maybe you wouldn't like your character here. You need to come off as a homophobic jerk. You need to insult and degrade Minho for leaving your sister for another boy. It'll be better if you insult Jisung as well. Especially that you see them alone at the gym, well the two isn't doing anything provocative, we are family friendly here, but you can still see that there's something going on with the two. I need harsh words from you Chan. For the audience to feel your anger."

"Wait. Maybe I can't do it. I need to be an asshole right? Wait. I need someone to tell me the exact words to say. I couldn't think of anything to insult Minho, I mean look at him." Everybody looked at Minho waiting for a response but the other just formed an ugly face and danced in a silly manner. Everybody just laughed and screamed after witnessing it. Minho rarely comes along with this kind of jokes, the reason why they didn't expect the other's sudden gesture.

Everybody was on the gym floor laughing. Even Minho couldn't help himself but laugh at his own action. The whole gym echoed their laughter making it even more unbearable. A few minutes has passed and they all finally calmed down.

"That was epic. That was a look I'll pay to see again." Changbin said laughing.

"No way! I'm already embarrassed. Just be thankful I'm having the best day of my life and nothing can change it." Minho said as he punches Changbin on the arm.

"Okay. Let's be serious. What was it we were talking about again?" Seungmin asked

"Oh. Can anybody help me with the lines. Like what should I say? I really can't insult Minho in anyway."

"Uhm. You can scream the phrase "Are you gay?" or "You left my sister for that?" or anything along those lines. You can insult Jisung too if you want. We can show that Minho can take all the insult you throw at him but when you talked about Jisung he just gonna be hella mad at you. You know what I'm saying bro?" Hyunjin replied.

"Yes exactly Hyunjin! Good idea! And then the twist on this scene is that Bang Chan was just setting up Minho to talk about him and jisung. He has a hidden camera or a recorder under his shirt and it will record everything! And then he can black mail Minho for it or just upload it as revenge! That's it!" Seungmin said excitedly as he writes vigorously on his notebook.

"But what will Bang Chan record that is worth as a revenge for Minho. He's character is popular right?" Felix asked

"Uhm, maybe Minho admitting that he and Jisung are having a relationship or something? Nobody knew Minho was Bisexual before and some might look at him differently after it. Sad reality but it happens."

"Oh that could work yes! that's exactly what we need!"

"Wait I know how I can make Bang Chan an even more twisted villain in the story. As Minho explains himself to him, he will also tell about how Hanna is the one who cheated first with Hyunjin. The reason why they broke up in the first place right? But of course it will also be at the recording? So Bang Chan will edit the audio and post the part where Minho only shows that he admitted that he was the reason why the two broke up and not Hanna's affair with Hyunjin. Do you guys get me?" Felix suggested.

"That can make it even worse for the main characters. The people already has this disgusting prejudice about gay people right and topping it off that Minho cheated or Jisung flirted with him first while Hanna was still in the picture will make the hatred of the people even more intense! That's a great idea baby." Changbin complimented.

"We can also show Jisung and Minho together in public often before this happens so that the people can piece their relationship together and believe Chan's false accusation."

"Oh my god. Wow you guys are geniuses!" Jeongin said mouth agaped.

"We are also showing how media can ruin a person's life with just a click and even an audio or a video doesn't even guarantee the actual truth. You don't have to believe what everything you see at the internet. That can also be a lesson there." Bang Chan adds.

"So is that settled? Can you do it Chan? Just think of it as a scene and don't take it personally. We need to be professionals right?"

"Yes! I can do it. The passion you guys showed awhile ago conceptualising gave me strength and I'm not bothered to be the villain anymore. I can do it! And I'll be the best asshole in this film! Yeah!"

Seungmin then starts to prep Jisung and Minho at the bench. They discussed that Minho can be playing basketball and he's teaching Jisung and Bang Chan will come busting the gym door seeing them having a good time which everybody agreed on.

Seungmin held his position and Hyunjin was also ready in his.

They had tiny recorders under their shirt to record their voices for a guide when they dub it in a studio after filming everything for a more clean recording.

"Just act natural okay? You two are close with each other already right? Talk about how you guys normally talk. Just don't mind us here. Imagine you're all alone."

They both raised thumbs up and smiled as Seungmin yelled "ACTION."

"Wait. What can we talk about?" Minho asked laughing.

Everybody laughed at him for his impeccable timing. "CUT! You can start off by asking if Jisung wants to throw the ball. Yes. we can start with that. And just go with the flow. Ride wherever the conversation takes you. Okay? Anything else brother?"

"Can Jisung sit at the bench first? While looking at Minho playing the ball and then they'll have an eye contact and Minho will ask that. That's more romantic!" Felix said as at the side.

"Good Felix! We can do that. Jisung, sit there first and then watch him play. Hyunjin come here! I need you to focus on Jisung while I focus on Minho here and then we'll just take another wide shot later for Bang Chan's scene. Sounds good? Okay ready. ACTION."

Jisung was looking at Minho while he was making a 3 point shot. Hyunjin couldn't help himself but smile at the expression Jisung showed. Seungmin didn't even say anything more about what feelings he wanted the two to portray but Jiusng's expression was on point as if it was a natural feeling and it really sipped through the camera.

"Do you want me to teach you how to play?" Minho asked as he smiled at the other.

Seungmin then signalled Jisung to approach and so he did.

"Yeah. I know the basics but it takes more than that to actually make a shot right? Like talent and practice." Jisung then takes the ball from Minho, positioned himself on the line and then he shoots as he scores. "Or luck." Jisung said a little too cocky.

"Beginners luck is a thing you know."

"Well that's true. Or I'm just a natural born player. That's a thing too. Yes?"

"A little too confident Mr. Smartypants? Let me make you a deal then. If you can beat me in a race to 5 game then I'll buy all of your drawings even the ones I spilled coffee with. But if I win then I'll take you on a date. Deal?"

"What kind of a bet is that? You're a basketball player how am I gonna win against you?" Jisung said laughing.

"Well you said you were a natural born player. And I'll tone down a bit to your level so that you can have a chance with me. Oh? Are you afraid smarty pants? I thought you were brave? Now I'm disappointed."

"Fine. Deal." Jisung replied smirking as he crossed his arms.

"CUT!"

The rest of the group clapped. Even Bang Chan who was instructed to wait by the door couldn't help himself but to watch inside the gym.

"HOW DID YOU DO THAT JIJI? THAT WAS SO NATURAL OH MY GOD." Jeongin said shocked while slow clapping as he approached the two.

"Can't deny, that was so impressive. How did you guys even think of that little backstory there? Did you write that down Changbin? We need to make scenes for those as well. Oh god and you both look good at the camera too. I got goosebumps all over me when you just exchange impromptu lines with each other. Wow." Seungmin replied as he reviews his take. "We need to xut from time to time okay? Just to preserve close ended scenes. You might make mistakes and it'll make it harder for me to edit. So if I'll see a perfect scene I'll cut it."

"Yeah. Do whatever you lioe puppy. It's okay either way."

"You literally took the saying dance like nobody's watching. Are you to like this when you're alone? You both are a natural flirt! I am so proud!" Changbin said clapping.

''But if I win then I'll take you on a date. Deal?'' Felix mimicked Minho's line and they all laughed.

"That wasn't even cringey! Well for me. But wow. I'm just speechless. Even their expressions are on point. tsk." Hyunjin said in awe as he reviews his takes aswell.

Jisung and Minho just laughed at their friends' response and they both high five each other.

"Okay settle down everyone! Let's continue. Are you good? Did we break your momentum? Drink water first since you need to be hydrated for the next scene. I want you guys to actually play okay? And let's just see what will the score be and go with that."

They came back in the middle of the court as the audience sat at the bench not visible at the camera.

"Okay action!"

"Okay rules. You can go travelling. I know you are a beginner and it would be unfair to impose the rules on you. So you can just shoot and I won't interfere. Only one point for every ball. You can steal the ball form me but I won't steal the ball from you. Get that smarty pants?"

"Yeah. I get it. Game on coffee boy."

And then they played basketball. Surprisingly, Jisung was good at playing. He had a couple of shots that didn't enter but still it was decent. The score was 3-4 and Jisung is leading. Minho took a shot that made the score a tie.

It was Jisung's turn to shoot now. This would determine the bet they had. And Jisung made a ring less shot like it was nothing. The people on the bench screamed and clapped at the excitement and anticipation. Jisung then run towards Minho out of reflex and just semi throws himself to him. Minho was caught off guard but still catch Jisung's waist as the other caress his hair.

"I did it! I did it! Omg Minho I did it!"

"CUT! That was out of character Jisung but I can forgive that. It was natural emotion and I might not cut it out in the final take okay? But how are you so good with basketball! That was amazing!"

"Well my dad taught me when I was young. Maybe that's why?"

"Okay okay. We just wanted to breathe from that quick game. That was intense. Woah. And this is not even scripted. Woooh. Okay. Let's go back. Okay action!"

"Thanks for taking it easy on me grandpa." Jisung said mockinly as he sst at the middle of the court sweating.

"You are welcome. Well a deal is a deal. I'll buy all your drawings then." Minho smiled at the other as he sat across him.

"You can only buy my drawings if you take me on a date. See you at 7 tomorrow. I'll text you the address. Bye Coffee boy!" Minho's smile grew bigger. Jisung then walk towards the bench, takes his phone and run towards the door. Before he could exit reach the door Minho began jumping and screaming the word "YES" on the top of his lungs. Which made Jisung laugh as he close the gym door behind him.

"CUT!"

"Okay. I am just speechless. Did you take it Jisung's parts perfectly Hyunjin? I'm surprised how fast you guys can organize scenes in your head and it's like your ideas are in perfect sync without even talking with each other. HOW. IS. THAT. EVEN. POSSIBLE."

"Yeah. I got everything, I think. Just review it for me Minmin please. But yeah I'm confident I got everything."

The endearment Hyunjin gave Seungmin didn't escape Changbin's very keen senses. He then eyes Seungmin who didn't even have any reaction which indicates he was used to the endearment already. Which made Changbin smile but he didn't made it obvious.

Jisung then came back and ran towards the group. "Hey sorry if I ended it that way. I just thought last minute that the gym can be our spot or something? We can just shoot a different scene where Chan confronts us. So the audience will somehow feel remorseful and be affected aswell when Chan finally catches our hiding spot or something. But if you guys don't like it we can just retake."

"No it's actually a great idea. You guys don't even have to change clothes since you guys are wearing your uniform. You just made it even more organized and correct. Good job Squirrel. And the acting is chef's kiss. I love it!" Seungmin complimented and the rest nodded their heads and congratulated them both.

"Okay Chan it's your scene now! Are you ready there? I'll just signal you when you can come in. Okay?"

Seungmin again prompts them for the next scene. Jisung and Minho are now playing tag around the gym. They were also laughing and screaming while running away from each other. Seungmin then signals Chan to come in.

"Well look who I have found." Bang Chan said in a mocking voice. The two then stops what they're doing and akwardly approach the new comer.

"So this is the kid you're hooking up with now? you left my sister for this.. this f4g? Oh no guys I really can't say it."

"CUT. Chan it's okay. You can just tone down the words if you're that uncomfortable."

"People will understand that it's just a scene and you don't mean anything you said here. It's okay Crispy and you are the most kindest person I know and this alone proves that, look at how uncomfortable you are in a script for a school film and don't worry Jisung wouldn't be offended with anything you're gonna say to him. Right Jiji?" Jeongin said with a smile as Jisung gave him a thumbs up.

After hearing those motivational words from Jeongin. He then smiled genuinely and nod at the other. "Okay. I guess you're right. It's just a scene. Thank you Jeongina. You always know what to say."

"Are you fine now Chan? Should we continue? We'll just continue where you were entering at the door and just choose any line you are comfortable with. Okay ready ACTION."

"Well look who I have found." Bang Chan said in a mocking voice.

"So this is the kid you're hooking up with now? You left my sister for this..this gay kid? You already had the world on your hands and you're here giving it up for some stupid trash?"

"Chan. Let's talk I think your sister hasn't told you the whole story about why."

"Oh I know what I want to know. Leaving a perfectly fine woman to hook up with some kid with the same gender as yours. That's barbaric of some may say."

"I'll forget you just said that Chan just because we also had our own good times before but Hanna cheated first. You know Hyunjin? Yeah. I caught them and we broke up like a month ago. I don't know what she told you and why she still keeps on saying that we're still together. We haven't seen each other for a month now. All I know is that she's dating that Hyunjin guy secretly now."

"Then why would she be crying over at my house in the middle of the night, drunk and looking for you. Explain that you f8cker! Actually I'm glad my sister caught you cheating. She doesn't deserve a motherf8cking trash like you."

Minho isn't even faced by Chan's words. But then Chan walks towards Jisung and eyed him from head to toe.

"A f4g for a f4g. A trash for a trash. I thought Minho can do better but this? A gay for all people? Tss. Does your mom even know you suck dic-'' Minho then tackles Chan to the ground and punches him in the face that left a scar on the top of his nose.

"Don't you ever talk to Jisung like that. He's much more better than Hanna in every way. Think about that. I'm not the one cheating here. Go talk to your sister. Not me."

Chan then tackles him back and pins him to the ground. "You'll pay for what you did to my sister. I'll make sure of it." He then lets go of Minho and leaves him on the floor. "Have fun with each other fags." He then lets out a menacing laugh before leaving the gym.

"CUT!"

Jeongin immediately run towards the door. Half way through the court, Chan enters as well laughing. "That was amazing! "

"Chan your nose! Does it hurt?"

"Wait what? No? Why?"

"Your cut is bleeding! Minho might have punched you a little bit too hard. Oh god." The rest runs to them as they inspect the cut on his nose.

"Chan I'm sorry. I didn't control my strength well. Does it hurt? I have a kit at my car. I'll get it. Wait." Minho runs outside and came back briefly holding a first aid kit.

"I told you guys it's okay. It doesn't hurt really and we already had an agreement earlier to actually physically fight so it's no big deal. If it wasn't for that I couldn't have forced out the strength to let out that last line too. So it's a win win. Did the punch show at the camera? Is it good?" Bang Chan said trying to reassure his friends that he was okay.

When they made sure that the first aid was given to him they were now sitting at the floor trying to review each shot taken. Everything was good to go. It was a miracle that every shot only took one take especially the last one since it was the most intense.

"It only took us 1 hour and a half to finish everything. Wow."

"Did Minho took Chan's words too seriously? That punch was a bit harsh don't you think?"

"Hey no. But of course i took my energy from Bang Chan's words and he's the one who said i can punch him. No hard feelings right bro?"

"None taken Minho. I deserve it for the reason those disgusting words came out from my mouth. And I'm sure it just made the scene extra good, I believe. I would still choose to be punched by you anytime."

"While you two are veing drama queens there. I just reviewed the shots we took and holy. Eveything is good to go. I only need a little bit of editing here and there. No need to retake anything. Absolutely exquisite! You both are amazing!" Seungmin said excitedly.

"Okay rest for awhile. We still have that game to play." Minho said as he wipes his sweat.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Tell us the mechanics while we rest then." Changbin asked as he plays with Felix's hand.

"Okay. Here's the game. Basketball. We all make a semi circle across the ring. Each takes a turn to throw the ball. A shot means you'll tell a truth. A miss means you'll execute a dare. Stray Kids needs to actually make a shot to have a point since we are all players. While Felix, Seungmin, Jeongin and Jisung's ball can just touch the ring and points can be granted. If everybody can tell a truth by the end of the game, I'll treat everyone for a week. If not everyone can do it then no treat at all. I wanted to confess something to everyone and i wanted to make it fun."

🌸

A/N: sorry for the late upload. I made this chapter extra long for compensation. I thought i can squeeze the game in this chalter but i guess i couldn't. See you next week then! Loveyou Stay! Don't forget to vote for skz and log in to naver with your facebook acct if you can't make a naver acct. ♥️🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...