The Mother Of My Child

By anca_miki

What happens when Ivy accepts to be the surrogate mother of a powerful couple? ****** 'Please, stop me.' He... More

Pilot
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch.3
Ch. 4
The Cast
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch.11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28

Ch. 18

4.1K 135 6
By anca_miki

In the first two weeks following Daniel's leaving Ivy tried to get used with her regular life. Her main concern was to avoid Ruby and to fill her free time during the daytime. She decided to study a bit more about cooking and she discovered a lot of interesting things. She learnt how to combine flavours, ingredients and spices, she started to write down her own recipes and she worked every day on them to make them the best and correct. She couldn't wait for Daniel to return and to start cooking for him.

To her surprise she started to feel that she was pregnant and morning sickness installed quickly. It was impossible for her to eat something at breakfast and during the day she had no appetite.

Daniel was calling her every night and texted her every time he could, they talked a few times over Facetime, even if his free time was almost non-existent. He worked a lot hoping to make his staying shorter and go back home. He missed Ivy and he didn't want to miss out a lot from her pregnancy. He was upset that he had to miss the next doctor's appointment and he knew it was an important one, where the doctor was going to tell them if the baby was developing normally. It was 11 pm but he was still working on some reports, his phone rang and he saw that it was Ivy. He waited a few minutes before he decided to pick up. He had his first argument with her because she refused to let Franco drive her to the clinic. He knew that they both exaggerated, but he wanted to know she was safe.

'Hey' she greeted him.

'Hi Ivy. How are you?'

'I am fine.' but she wasn't, she felt sick all day and Daniel being upset didn't help.

'I called to tell you that I would take Franco to the doctor.'

'That' s great, I just want to know you are safe. I am so far from you, it is the least I can do.'

'I know. I hate that we had this fight and just so you know, I hate more that he is going to drive me tomorrow.'

'Franco is a good guy.' Ivy sighed deeply. If Daniel knew who him and Ruby really were. She didn't like hiding the truth from him, but she wanted to help him realise who they really were.

'Just let your wife know. She is always gone with him and I don't want her to get upset like the last time.'.

'She won't. Enough with this. How was your day?'

'Normal. Boring. Unpleasant.' Daniel laughed when he heard her.

'So many excited things, I can't wait to get back home and be bored together.'

'Me too Daniel. Go to sleep please, you can work tomorrow. Have a good night rest.'

'I will, my Ivy. Good night.' he hang up and continued to work. If only she knew how many things he had to finish before he could go home.

The following day Ivy was waiting for Franco to arrive and take her to the clinic. It was going to be a very long day, she was sure about it. She was outside, but Franco was already 10 minutes late. He finally showed up and told her 'Move.' making her a sign to hop in the car. He started driving like a maniac and it didn't help Ivy's sickness.

'Can you please slow down?' but he just turned the music louder. Ivy was angry with him. She patted him on the shoulder and repeated the question. He stopped the car and looked at her irritated.

'Why? Is her highness Ivy scared?'

'How dare you behave like this?'

'Oh come on, stop the acting. You only want the money from them. Don't they pay you enough to afford a taxi? Why did you have to ruin everyone's day just to drive you to the clinic?'

'Whose day did I ruin?'

'Well, did you ask yourself if Miss Ruby had any plans? You know that she had to cancel her manicure appointment because I had to drive you?'

'Excuse me if a manicure is more important than The Wells baby! I will call Mr. Wells now to ask him, also to let him know that I will be late just because of you.' Franco got really mad and got down of the car. He opened the rear door and got Ivy out pulling her by the hair.

'Go on, call him and I will show you my real manners' and he hold his fist above her face. She never felt more scared, Franco was rude all the time but his anger took control over him. Ivy knew she had to protect the baby and let him calm down.

'Don't worry, I will not call him. Can we please go, I don't want to be late and after you are free, I can take a taxi.'.

'Good girl, I knew we could understand eventually.' he let go of her hair but he kept looking at her and licked his lips.

'You know, I didn't have time to observe you before but you don't look that bad. Just make sure you loose some weight after the baby you know... If you want to have me.' Ivy pushed him and looked with repulsion at him. Franco laughed and got back in the driver's seat. Ivy could barely keep her nausea, she felt like it was the longest travel of her life. When she arrived in front of the clinic Franco hurried to leave and she had a hard time to stand up. Her nausea hit her hard, she felt very dizzy and she felt she couldn't stand anymore. She was about to faint when a strong arm caught her by her waist and turned her to face him.

'It is okay Ivy, I've got you.' she was so happy to see him.

'How did you get here? Why?'

'Shh' he kissed her forehead. 'We will talk after you finish with your appointment, I think you are a little bit late.' she took her phone out and saw she was 15 minutes late and she had a missed call from Daniel.

'Can you walk me inside?' she asked him not trusting her own legs.

'With pleasure. But I will wait for you outside.'

'That's fine.' They headed iniside and doctor Kent was waiting for her outside her office.

'Are you alright Ivy?' she asked concerned.

'I am sorry I am late, I had a problem with the car.'

'Come inside, let me help you.' doctor Kent looked at Brian as she didn't understand what was going on.

'I will wait here, good luck Ivy.'

'Thank you.' Ivy followed the doctor inside and let her know that Daniel was away.

'Are you really OK? You look so pale and I know you are nauseated right now.'

'I am, I hate it, it started slowly only in the morning, but now I feel nauseated all the time.'

'Can you step on the scale?' the doctor asked her and she was very concerned, Ivy lost 6 pounds in a few weeks. She prescribed her some new pills to help her eat and after did her an ultrasound. The baby was developing normally and she could see the legs and little arms moving. She recorded everything for Daniel, she knew he was going to be excited, but on the other hand she had no idea how she felt towards the baby.

Brian was waiting for her outside and doctor Kent came out with Ivy.

'Take one of the pills now and in one hour try and eat something, please.' she instructed her and after looked at Brian. 'Young man, please make sure that she eats.'

'I will, she is in good hands now.' Doctor Kent smiled at them and went to take her next patient, while Ivy and Brian left the clinic. He walked her to his car and in the next second they were seated she asked him

'How did you know about the doctor?'

'You should listen to the doctor and take your pills first.' Ivy hurried to do so and asked him again.

'Happy now?' Brian laughed.

'You are always so curious. Daniel Wells called me this morning to ask me if I can take you to the clinic.'

'What? Why would he do that?'

'He said that you weren't comfortable with the idea that his driver would get you and he did not want you to be alone. Unfortunately I couldn't leave from the coffee shop in time to get you so I told him I would wait for you here, he wanted to surprise you. '

'It was a nice surprise from both of you.' Ivy smiled and looked outside the window. Brian was driving and she didn't ask him where he was taking her. Her mind was restless and her heart was torn. Two wonderful men showed up in her life, they both wanted the best for her, yet she had to suffer. She didn't want to break Brian's heart, also the idea of her and Daniel was so far away. Getting away from Ruby seemed impossible after she had the chance to get to know her and she also hated she had to hide the truth from Daniel.

'Ivy!' and Brian touched her hand. 'We are here.' She looked again outside and Brian stopped the car in front of Annie's house. Ivy instantly smiled.

'I thought you needed someone to cheer you up and some girl talk you know...' he said awkwardly.

'You always think about everything. Thank you Brian, it means a lot, you have no idea.'

'I think I have.' he leaned and hugged her.

'Before we go inside can you wait a couple of minutes? I have to send Daniel the videos from the echography.'

'Sure, take your time. Actually I will go inside, come when you are done.'

**

Daniel was in a meeting when he received the texts from Ivy. He didn't open the videos because he wanted to be alone, but he didn't pay attention to the rest of the meeting. He wasn't sure he did the right thing to contact Brian, but he trusted Ivy and he knew she needed all the support. After all she was in that position because of him.

'Everything is OK with the baby. Dr. Kent said it is already bigger with a week or two. Btw, thank you for the surprise.'

'I am so happy to read this. What about you? Is everything good?'

'Yes, she prescribed me some pills for the morning sickness, but everything is OK. Will talk later, I know you are busy.'

'I am never busy for you. What are you doing now?'

'I am hanging out with Brian now at his friend's house.'

'Have fun my beautiful.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 80.5K 49
He took a deep breath. Than began to lower his hand further south, down my neck, stopping at my cleavage. He took an even deeper breath, closing his...
2.2K 121 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
1.1M 27.4K 74
One night of heated passion was all it takes for Zoe Jones to get knocked up. What if she wakes up and her boss Maximus Taylor was the one who she h...
200K 6.1K 50
Charlie Barber x Reader 18+ only. New cover, same story! "He didn't rush this time. His movements were gentle and deliberate. Like you were a delicat...