Ch. 18

In the first two weeks following Daniel's leaving Ivy tried to get used with her regular life. Her main concern was to avoid Ruby and to fill her free time during the daytime. She decided to study a bit more about cooking and she discovered a lot of interesting things. She learnt how to combine flavours, ingredients and spices, she started to write down her own recipes and she worked every day on them to make them the best and correct. She couldn't wait for Daniel to return and to start cooking for him.

To her surprise she started to feel that she was pregnant and morning sickness installed quickly. It was impossible for her to eat something at breakfast and during the day she had no appetite.

Daniel was calling her every night and texted her every time he could, they talked a few times over Facetime, even if his free time was almost non-existent. He worked a lot hoping to make his staying shorter and go back home. He missed Ivy and he didn't want to miss out a lot from her pregnancy. He was upset that he had to miss the next doctor's appointment and he knew it was an important one, where the doctor was going to tell them if the baby was developing normally. It was 11 pm but he was still working on some reports, his phone rang and he saw that it was Ivy. He waited a few minutes before he decided to pick up. He had his first argument with her because she refused to let Franco drive her to the clinic. He knew that they both exaggerated, but he wanted to know she was safe.

'Hey' she greeted him.

'Hi Ivy. How are you?'

'I am fine.' but she wasn't, she felt sick all day and Daniel being upset didn't help.

'I called to tell you that I would take Franco to the doctor.'

'That' s great, I just want to know you are safe. I am so far from you, it is the least I can do.'

'I know. I hate that we had this fight and just so you know, I hate more that he is going to drive me tomorrow.'

'Franco is a good guy.' Ivy sighed deeply. If Daniel knew who him and Ruby really were. She didn't like hiding the truth from him, but she wanted to help him realise who they really were.

'Just let your wife know. She is always gone with him and I don't want her to get upset like the last time.'.

'She won't. Enough with this. How was your day?'

'Normal. Boring. Unpleasant.' Daniel laughed when he heard her.

'So many excited things, I can't wait to get back home and be bored together.'

'Me too Daniel. Go to sleep please, you can work tomorrow. Have a good night rest.'

'I will, my Ivy. Good night.' he hang up and continued to work. If only she knew how many things he had to finish before he could go home.

The following day Ivy was waiting for Franco to arrive and take her to the clinic. It was going to be a very long day, she was sure about it. She was outside, but Franco was already 10 minutes late. He finally showed up and told her 'Move.' making her a sign to hop in the car. He started driving like a maniac and it didn't help Ivy's sickness.

'Can you please slow down?' but he just turned the music louder. Ivy was angry with him. She patted him on the shoulder and repeated the question. He stopped the car and looked at her irritated.

'Why? Is her highness Ivy scared?'

'How dare you behave like this?'

'Oh come on, stop the acting. You only want the money from them. Don't they pay you enough to afford a taxi? Why did you have to ruin everyone's day just to drive you to the clinic?'

'Whose day did I ruin?'

'Well, did you ask yourself if Miss Ruby had any plans? You know that she had to cancel her manicure appointment because I had to drive you?'