Ch. 19

Hi! This is a short update but at the end of this week a new chapter will be out. Enjoy it:)
P. S.: Someone asked me for my instagram, you can find me there(anca_miki), but I don't post anything about my stories there.

******************

Friday morning Ivy was enjoying the calmness. She had been alone for the last couple of days, Ruby decided to go to Tulum to recharge her batteries, obviously that she needed her driver around and Maria had a few days off. Ivy started to feel better again and was enjoying the new phase of the pregnancy, to eat everything and not feel guilty.

She prepared herself some French toast with strawberry jam and she was serving it outside. She missed a lot Daniel, but she could only wait. To her surprise he called her just when her thoughts ran to him.

'Hi.' he said cheerfully.

'Hi! Why are you so happy?'

'No reason. What are you doing right now?'

'Eating breakfast and thinking about you.'

'How do you feel about eating breakfast alone?' Ivy had a weird feeling and looked around her, but no one was there.

'Sad.' she simply said.

'What do you say if tomorrow morning you will be happy and definitely not serving breakfast alone.'

'When are you coming?'

'I am not, but you are.'

'What? How?'

'By plane.' and Daniel laughed.

'Oh, you smartass'.

'Sorry, but you are cute with all your questions. You have a flight in the afternoon, I will send you your boarding pass and I ordered you a taxi, you need to be ready at 1 p.m.'

'Daniel, I can't come. It is too dangerous, what if Ruby finds out?'

'It is only for the weekend and she is at thousands of miles away from us. Don't worry, I have someone to watch her.'

'Really?'

'Yes, so start getting ready.'

'Daniel'

'Yes Ivy.'

'Can you ask that person to keep an eye on Franco too? Don't you think it is weird that he goes with her all the time?'

'Ivy, I don't know why you don't like him, but I believe that he is a good guy, his mother is my employee and she is an amazing woman, I am sure he raised him well. Also he is tolerating Ruby so you understand.'

'Just keep an eye on him, please, I have a feeling he is bad news.'

'Ivy, please get ready, you don't want to miss your flight.'

'You are right. I hope you are prepared to show me all the city.'

'All? We have only one weekend.'

'Just be a good guide.'

'Will it be a surprise if you are pleased?'

'Maybe.'

'I have to go and Google all the places worth to see.' Ivy started laughing.

'Bye Daniel, take care.'

'I will. See you soon'

Ivy had a mixed feeling, she was both excited and worried. Everything seemed to be too easy, but she decided to let go of her worries and prepare for the flight. She got ready, took the taxi and before her flight was about to take off Daniel texted her 'Have a safe flight, I can't wait to see and hug you.' She smiled and decided to read, but time didn't seem to past fast enough until their meeting.

Three hours later Ivy was looking for Daniel once she exited the ID control. She saw him in a corner, he had a relaxed look wearing an all black outfit, but what warmth her heart was the small white tulip he was holding.

'Hi' they said in the same time and smiled.

'You remembered about my favourite flower.'

'I remember everything you told me, Ivy. Shall we go?'

'Lead the way.' they avoided the contact, but when they were in Daniel's car they hugged.

'It feels so good to have you again' he whispered and kissed her forehead.

Daniel rented an apartment during his staying in New York and they decided to stay indoors and order some pizza for the first night. Ivy was amazed by the city, and the view from the apartment was even better.

Ivy took a quick shower and changed in something comfier before the food arrived. They stayed on the couch and chatted a little bit and she had time to observe him. He was really tired, he had dark circles under his eyes, his beard was growing up but he seemed more handsome than ever. Just seeing him gave her butterflies effect and she felt the urge to kiss him.

'Ivy, did you hear anything?'

'No' and Daniel laughed. 'You have that look on your face.'

'What look?' but the doorbell rang and Daniel went to take the pizza. He returned with 3 boxes from Joe's Pizza.

'Did you really order from Joe's? And why 3?'

'I wanted to give you an authentic new yorker experience and the third one is for breakfast. Actually, hold on' he placed the boxes on the counter, ran to his bedroom and placed a gift bag in Ivy's hands. She opened the bag and started to laugh when she saw Daniel's gifts. He bought two hoodies and two caps with 'I love NY' writing on them.

'You took your guiding job too seriously Daniel.' but he didn't laugh and looked straight into her eyes. Ivy blushed and invited him to eat.

'I am hungry, but for your lips and I know you want me to kiss you.' she didn't respond, but she gently caressed his cheek. Daniel pulled Ivy into his arms and lifted her from the ground.

'You are so beautiful. I love to see you laughing and having a good time.'

'That's because of you.'

'Then I will make it my purpose to make you laugh every single day.' and they crashed their lips. They parted a few moments after and organised their dinner spot. Ivy wanted to see the city lights and they placed blankets and cushions on the floor, Daniel found some candles and pour them some water in champagne glasses and after they enjoyed their pizzas.

Ivy was grateful for the opportunity she had to see the city and Daniel promised her that they would explore many more cities and countries.

'I have to tell you something. I wanted to wait until everything was ready, but I can't hide the truth from you.' Daniel told her and Ivy made him a sign to continue. 'I have filled for divorce.'

'What? Why did you do that? Did you find anything about Ruby?'

'No, at least not yet. I hired a private investigator. Even if he doesn't  find anything I will still continue. Ruby will get notified when she returns from her trip.'

'Daniel, it means you have to share everything with her, including your company.'

'Ivy, the only thing I want now is to have my family with you. Trust me, this time apart from you made me realise that we really belong to each other. Can you believe that I hate work now? I hate that I chose to come here. My only motivation is to finish faster to talk to you, to come back to you. I love what I am feeling and I want more from this, I want to take you out on dates, I want to travel around the world with you, I want to kiss you, I want you Ivy and trust me, I don't care if I loose everything. That woman can keep everything, the house, the company, I just want to finish everything fast and start a new life with you. I know we can succeed if we are together.' Ivy was speechless, she just hoped that everything was going to be fine for them.

'I will support you no matter what and I can't wait to have the life we both dream of, but I am honestly scared.'

Daniel hugged her and whispered 'Don't be scared, you have me and our little baby and this is that matters, ok?' he touched her belly and planted many kisses on it and that was the moment when Ivy realised that she really cared about the baby.

'Let's go to bed, tomorrow we have a full day to explore the city.'

'Can't wait.' they got to bed and Ivy fell asleep in Daniel's arms.