Ch. 2

Ivy finished her long shift at the mall, she had to do extra work because she was covering her friend Amelia. Amelia has had a boyfriend for 2 months and she was madly in love. Ivy couldn't say no to her every time Amelia asked her to help, she promised her that she would do some of her shifts in return. Ivy has lost count since then, it was more than 100 hours she did for her best friend. But at least Amelia had a life, she had a boyfriend and she was happy while Ivy had her mother and a small apartment.

When she got home she was happy that she had 10 free hours to sleep and enjoy her book until she had to go to her second job. She was in the kitchen making herself a sandwich and just wanted to pour herself a cup of coffee when Rosalie stormed into the kitchen and threw Ivy's coffee in the sink letting her speechless

'Don't drink that poison, it is not good for the baby!'

'What baby mother? Last time I checked I wasn't pregnant!'

'You will be soon and don't you dare eat that sandwich, it has many calories. I don't know how on Earth we are related.' Ivy thought the same, she didn't consider herself an overweight person. She had 1.74 centimetres and around 60 kg and she never worried about getting fat or keeping a diet. Her mother on the other hand was on a constant diet and spent a lot of Ivy's money on bio aliments and buying fitness programs she didn't bother to try them.

'We had this discussion and I will not carry a baby for someone else. You don't even know who they are. Don't you think it is strange they offer so much money?'

'Don't be naive Ivy, probably they are an old couple who decided to have a baby to leave their fortune, 400.000 means nothing for them. Plus if you live with them maybe you can do some extra work there and earn more money, after all you have to provide for me while you will be gone.'

'It still doesn't matter to me and now if you excuse me I need to sleep and rest for my second job, mother!' Ivy said and grabbed the sandwich from the plate. She bitted with so much pleasure from it knowing that it will upset her mother. She went to her room and started to read until she fell asleep.

In the other side of the city Ruby had an army of people in her bedroom, they were helping her getting ready for her interview. They were doing her hair, makeup, manicure, someone was playing the piano to help her relax. Erika gave her a quick call and she was over the moon. She asked one of her personal maids to get Daniel for her.

Daniel was in the garden trying to relax, Ruby was driving him crazy, that wasn't the life he dreamed about when they got married. Now at 33 years old he just wanted a family and peace, not to be on the spotlight.

After the maid let him know that Ruby was asking him he went to see her, not sure what other brilliant idea she got.

'Hi honey!' She said smiling. Daniel coughed from all the perfume and hair spray that was in the air. 'Erika called me and guess what! She already sent our answers to the VIP magazine and we only need to go there and do a small photo shoot. It will take less than 2 hours. Isn't it great?'

'Seriously, our answers? You said that we have to give an interview, but you already put someone else to invent an emotional story.'

'Can't you see how busy I am? I trust Erika with this, we should give her a raise'.

'Ruby, those answers probably are full of lies. I agreed to do this but I want to let people know the truth, I can't lie to them.'

'You don't lie to them honey, it is a simple interview, don't stress too much'

'Ruby, all these people buy my product, they trust me, I can't lie to them. They buy my anti-virus to feel safe and I on the other hand sell them lies.'

'Daniel, please, we need to hurry, please go chance, wear that grey suit you bought last week, it looks great with your green eyes.'

'Ruby...'

'I love you honey, don't forget we are doing this for our baby!' He sighed and left the room. It was in vain to try and change Ruby's mind about this... he really wanted a family but was all of this worth it? It was harder and harder for to stand Ruby, her behaviour was out of control.