Ch. 10

Ruby hang up the phone call and returned to bed where Franco was waiting for her. She climbed on top of him and he started touching her.

'What did he say?'

'Not much. He was going with that little b**ch to the doctor. All he cared about was to have a child.'

'So, that's why you hired her. Why do you care? He will have all his attention for her and we can have fun in peace.'

'There's something more. What if she tries to steal him?' Franco laughed

'Jealous? You said you don't love him.'

'Of course I don't. I love his money. And you too.'

'Good girl. Be happy you didn't ruin your perfect body. You are so fit Ruby' and he was drawing circles on her belly. 'You don't want to destroy this.'

'I won't baby, everything for you. Now help me forget about this' and Franco kissed her.

*

On the other side of the town Ivy and Daniel ended their appoitment at the doctor. In the weeks they had to get back to find out if Ivy was pregnant. The doctor told her that most of the time it requires a second or third time to succed. She just wished that everything would end soon. Ivy didn't feel sick or anything at all but she pretend to be sick so Daniel could leave her alone.

The day passed and Saturday noon Ruby returned home. Ivy heard her and the army she called to arrange her.

It was 10 pm and Ivy stayed all day in her room, napping and mostly avoiding Daniel and his wife. She was hungry so she decided to go to kitchen and prepare herself a sandwich and a cup of hot milk. To get to the kitchen she had to pass through the living room. She could see the tv turned on and on the couch it was Daniel sleeping. He seemed to be cold, she took a blanket and tried to cover him slowly, but he woke up.

'Hey' he said sleepy and enjoyed the blanket.

'Sorry for waking you up, you seemed cold.'

'I am. Don't worry, I should go to bedroom. What are you doing?' He looked at her, she was in pajamas, standing in front of him and he smiled. She immediately felt embaresed, she had long pajamas with Mickey Mouse.

'Don't laugh at me. I am going to the kitchen for a snack.'

'Cool, a snack sounds amazing, let's go.' Daniel went straight to the fridge and Ivy joined him. They decided to do a cheese plate with some grapes.

'Why don't you go to bed? Your wife is probably waiting for you.' Ivy said out of the blue and he started laughing. She looked at him puzzled.

'Yeah, she is out.'

'Out?'

'At the club, she went with her girlfriends.'

'But she just got back, why aren't you with her?'

'It's not my type going out. Let's take the plate in the living room and watch some Netflix.' Ivy wanted to accept his offer but she promised herself she will try her best to avoid him. Daniel read her thoughts and told her they would sit on separate couches.

'I promise that I will touch you only if you beg me Ivy, one word and I will be there. And I like to keep my word, trust me.' She simply smiled and agreed to watch a movie together. Daniel picked up the movie and she joined him bringing 2 glasses of hot milk, it wasn't the best combination, but she didn't care. They took a light blanket each and sat on the couches, but they didn't pay attention to the tv, they really enjoyed talking.

'Do you miss going out? I know it's Saturday night and you teens can't stay inside.' Daniel asked and she laughed

'You teens? Right, it sounds like you are 50 and I am 15. No, I don't miss because I didn't go out.'

'Never?'

'Well, if you count washing dishes and cleaning in a bar like going out, then you can say I was out every weekend.'

'I am confused, you worked in a bar?'

'Yep. And at the mall, cleaning obviously.'

'But I thought you were at the college, or finished it. So this is why you accepted the job.'

'Kind of yes. I tried to save for college, for the bills, food.' She said slowly.

'Your mother didn't work?'

'No.'

'Ivy, did she made you sign the contract with us? He looked into her eyes and Ivy panicked and was also hurt when she heard 'us'.

'No. I mean she told me about the news, but like a gossip, you know... and I thought it would be a great opportunity to have money for college, a new place to rent.' It was partly true, she was afraid he didn't buy her white lie.

'I see. What do you want to study in college?'

'Honestly I don't know at this point. I think Economics or Bussines, I really want to have chances to get a real and decent job.' Daniel looked at her for a while. He was happy he started to discover the real Ivy, if she liked something she talked with passion about it.

'But that isn't what you real want, to study something just to be sure to get a job. What do you really want to study Ivy? What are your passions?'

'I really like to cook and to read. I can't go to college for that.'

'You can succed without a college, you can study something else, you can take courses.'

'Right...Daniel you don't know the real world. I wanted to work in a restaurant, to prepare the ingredients, not to be a big chef and they didn't hire me. I washed thousands of glasses in a bar instead.'

'If I tell you that I didn't go to college?'

'What? But all the bussines you created? You had the money before?'

'No. I was broke. My parents had money only for a decent life, they didn't have money to send me to a college. I worked for a year delivering food with my bike. I had a client that worked at a software company and I was taking him dinner every evening at the office. One day he was really sad, desperate, a virus attacked his computer and he had some important work that was gone. When he told me about this I asked him to let me try to fix it. He hesited at first, I was just a delivery boy, but in my free time I was passionate about the computers and I created an antivirus and a restore program...so I saved this computer and his work and the rest is history.'

Ivy was amazed by his story, it was hard to imagine Daniel on a bike working and the succes he had today. Only his house was probably worth millions. She liked him more after hearing his story. She knew he was a decent man, but she still didn't understand how a man like him could be with Ruby.

They spent the rest of the evening talking about movies and books, Daniel promised her he was going to buy her some book to help her find her motivation and path. They eventually fell asleep on the couches.

At 4 a.m. Ruby returned from the club and she had the unpleasant surprise to find them still sleeping in the living room. She woke up Daniel and made him move to the bedroom.

'Why where you with her? Are you cheating on me?'

'Be serious Ruby, we were on different couches. You are the one going out every week and I don't ask you anything. Don't cross that line with me.'

'I just hang out with my girls. But you are all that time with that fat cow.'

'Don't you dare talking like that about her.'

'Like I care. Tell me Daniel, who has the best body.' And Ruby took off her dress and underwear.

'You are drunk, go to bed.' Daniel said and turned his back at her.

'No, kiss me.' Ruby went to him and smashed her lips over him. 'Make love to me Daniel.' She touched his chest and started to remove his pants.