Ch. 7

The weekend passed in a blur for Ivy. She didn't feel anything. She wasn't hungry, sleepy or tired. She just stayed inside her room, sometimes crying. At some point she wanted to run, but she knew her mother would seek revenge and Brian had nothing to do with her crazy life.
After all she could sacrifice 9 months of her life.

Brian called and texted her a few times but she ignored him. It was the best solution, he couldn't be with a person like her.

*

Daniel couldn't stop thinking about Ivy's eyes. He could sense panic and fear, but in the same time they seemed alive. After their meeting he wanted to tell Ruby to forget about everything, but he also wanted to see Ivy again. He knew that he could see her only if she was going to be his surrogate. He discussed with doctor Kent and found out that Ivy could have the IVF Friday morning. He had five days to find out the truth and see if she really wanted to carry his child or it was only her mother's influence.

He felt more and more disturbed by Ruby's behaviour, she wasn't the same person he married. At first her life didn't bother him, he was happy he had more time for his work, but now she decided she wanted more fame, she started going to interviews, she was rude with everyone.

*

Monday morning Ivy finished packing her things and after she waited outside for the Wells family driver. Brian saw her and ran to her. He saw her red eyes and sad look. He wanted to ask her why she ignored him but he knew Ivy needed a hug. She felt good in his arms and couldn't stop her tears.

'I am sorry Brian, I am so sorry.' She said crying and Brian kissed her forehead

'It's ok, don't cry, please' and kept her into his arms for a few minutes. 'Where are you going?' he asked her looking at her luggage

'I have to go for a while.'

'What? No, where are you going? What is going on Ivy?' a car stopped next to them and a man dressed in a black suit announced Ivy he was going to take her to her new home.

'What home Ivy? Please, let's talk first.' Brian begged her. Ivy looked in his eyes and for the first time she had courage to kiss him. She put her arms around Brian's neck and they crashed their lips, Ivy enjoyed the feeling, but she knew she had to let him go.

'I have to go, don't look for me, please. I will explain someday, trust me, but not now. Take care of yourself.' She kissed his cheek and entered the car. Brian couldn't say much, he just watched the first girl he really like leave and felt tears running down his face.

Ivy kept crying until she arrived to house, she knew that Brian really cared about her and wished that things could be different for them. When she entered the property she was amazed by the size of the house.
It was a Mediterranean mansion, she had never seen such a beautiful house. Everything was clean and organized, she could only imagine how many people were working there.

The driver helped her with her bags and after they entered in the living room. He invited her to have a seat while he was going to announce someone they arrived. Ivy was watching some wedding photos of Daniel and Ruby when Daniel entered in the room. He was wearing grey office pants and a white polo shirt.

'Hi!' he smiled to her, but when Ivy turned and looked at him his smile disappeared.

'What happened? Are you ok?' he asked her concerned and asked her if she needed anything

'I am good, don't worry.'

'I know you aren't.' Ivy couldn't tell him the truth, she hated to lie, but she had no choice.

'You know how it gets when you leave from your house for the first time and everything.' She said and looked down. Daniel sat next to her and Ivy was a little uncomfortable

'Look, I know that what you are going to do will be a lot for a young girl like you. Trust me when I say that I will not mind if you don't feel ready to have a child.'

'It's not that.' And she sighed 'I want to help you.'

'Then what is wrong? I want to be your friend while you will be staying here and help you with everything you want.'

Ivy looked in his eyes and didn't understand why she felt chills and also felt good and safe when Daniel told her that. She decided to tell him a part of the real story, she had to gain his trust.

'It's about a guy. He was a friend of mine and we went out last week and now I had to leave him and I feel a bit sad about this situation, but don't worry, it will not affect my decision.'

'But Ivy, I don't mind you keep seeing your friends or boyfriend, you can do anything you want, you can invite them over or just go out.'

'He is not my boyfriend.' She said slowly

'But you want to go out with him again, right?'

'Right.'

'He will be your boyfriend.' Daniel felt a little jealous but Ivy was just a surrogate for him. He wanted to make her feel safe and welcomed but that was all, he was trying to convince himself.

'Why do you want me to stay here?' asked Ivy while she was in the living room with Daniel.

'This is my idea, I hope you don't mind, I just want to feel the whole experience of being a parent, not just have a baby put in my arms after he or she will be born and not know anything.'

'I can understand that. Can I ask you something?'

'Sure'

'Actually I don't think it is a question. I just don't know how Brian will feel about me having a baby.'

'If he really likes you I think he will understand, luckily for him you will not have to have sex to get pregnant and it will be easier. At least this is what I would do if it was about Ruby.' Ivy completely forgot about her

'Where is your wife?'

'She has a photo shoot.' Ivy nodded not knowing what to say.

'Let me show you your room and around the house. Also I think it will be the best to call your boyfriend.'

'He is not my boyfriend.'

'Just call the guy.'

'Ok, I will.'

After having a tour of the house Ivy was sitting on her new bed. Her room was big and she had her own bathroom which she really liked. She decided to check her phone and she had 10 missed calls and 5 text messages from him. She didn't read them, she just called him. She wasn't sure what to say first.

'Ivy, are you ok?' he asked her

'Yes, sorry for earlier. I want to talk with you about something.'

'I know' he said calmly

'You know? How? My mother..'

'I heard the driver saying about the Wells family and went online and figured everything.'

'Oh, I understand.'

'Ivy, I still want to be with you.'

'Do you?'

'Yes. When can we meet?'

'I will call you, I just need to settle here first and after we can meet. Thank you Brian.'

'Talk to you later.' He said and hung up.