Ch. 22

Hi! I want to thank you for reading and being patience with me. I know that many of you didn't like that Daniel was so 'soft' but it is the way I pictured his character, I don't want him to be the typical billionaire. Also I want you to understand that him and Ivy are growing and developing with their love story. Daniel was caught with work and now he is  discovering love and how blinded he was by the people that were supposed to be next to him. He will encounter a lot of emotions and he will have different reactions to them :)

I am not saying that this story is close to an end, but my goal is to finish it at the end of February

************************************

Ivy was waiting to board when Daniel called her, but she decided to ignore his phone call and after a few minutes she received a message from him.

'I am sorry I overreacted. I was supposed to be angry with someone else and especially with myself for being so blind. Please call me when you feel better, I hate myself that I ended our beautiful weekend in such a way.'

Ivy wanted to tell him she couldn't be mad with him, but he could wait until she landed in Miami. She really needed some time on her own and decided to turn off her cell phone.

After landing she found her way outside and on her way to the taxi station she heard someone running and shouting her name. She recognised Brian's voice but she refused to believe that he was there. She knew it wasn't a simple coincidence, but when she turned she faced him.

'You are so hard to catch. I tried calling you.'

'I ran out of battery' she lied to him. 'What are you doing here?' but the reason was obvious, she just felt ashamed that Brian found out about her and Daniel.

'Daniel called me.'

'Wow, you really are best friends now.' Brian laughed and told her to follow him to the car. They stopped in front of a car that seemed really familiar to Ivy but she could not remember where she spotted it. They got inside the car, but Daniel avoided to start driving.

'Before we go I think we should talk.'

'How much do you know?'

'I know about you and Daniel and I have to tell you something too. I wasn't honest with you. Actually I didn't have the chance to talk with you. Last time you seemed to be really sad and I didn't want to make things worse.'

'You can go on.' Ivy encouraged him.

'You remember Daniel's birthday when Erika wanted more coffee.' Ivy realised that it was Erika's car.

'I gave her the address of my coffee shop and she visited the next morning.' it was the first time when Brian smiled and his eyes warmed up.

Erika entered Brians coffee shop and looked for him but she was greeted by a young man.

'What will be your order miss?' he asked

'I want a Macchiato, but only made by Brian.'

'I am sorry, but my boss is not available at the moment. I will be happy to make your order, don't worry.'

'Dear boy, the problem is that I will not be happy. Is he here?'

'Yes, but he is very busy, he has to unload some things.'

'Can you call him?'

'I am sor' but the man didn't finish because Erika paused him with her hand.

'I was a bad idea, I will handle this on my own.' she passed the counter and entered the door that led her in the back. She was Brian with some boxes in his hands looking shocked at her.