Ch. 27

Three months later Ivy was standing on her bed caressing her large bump. She was 7 months pregnant and continued to stay with Brian and Erika. They were getting married in two weeks and she knew that soon it was time to move from their place, but things were complicated. Daniel moved from his house to a hotel room, he had problems with Ruby. She refused to move out of the house, she refused to divorce, every week their lawyers met and asked for more demands from her.

Ivy and Daniel decided to keep living separately until everything was settled, but Daniel panicked all the time that the baby was coming and they didn't have anything ready for her. They found out they were having a baby girl and they couldn't be more happy. Daniel accompanied Ivy to all her doctor's appointments and visited her as much as he could and made sure to have her favourites flowers all the time.

Tonight she was getting ready for a date. She refused at first but he assured her they were going to a private place and no one could see them. She really missed him, in the last week he was busy and they could barely talk. Also she was happy that she started to bond with her father, they talked over the phone a couple of times and they went out to lunch a couple of weeks ago and they had a great time.

It was noon when Erika came home to help her get ready for her date with Daniel.

'Did he send you?' she asked Erika.

'No, I just want to help. And I figured you have nothing to wear.'

'I do.'

'What? I don't believe you until you show me.' Ivy went to her closet and took out a pink sweater and a pair of maternity jeans.

'You can't go to your date wearing these'

'They are really comfortable.'

'Ivy, make an effort.'

'Do you know anything about this? Usually you insist like this when Daniel is planning something.'

'I have no idea, can you believe he refused to tell me.' and Ivy laughed.

'It will be a relaxed evening, there's no need to dress up. Look, I will let you do my hair if it will make you happy.'

'And make up.' Ivy rolled her eyes and Erika ran to grab her tools. A few hours later Erika was happy with her results.

'Lovely! Daniel will skip dinner for sure.' Ivy looked in the mirror and saw the gorgeous curls that Erika did her. She also loved the makeup, it was natural, but it helped her hide her tired face.

'Erika!'

'Go and kiss your man.' Ivy went downstairs in the building parking where Daniel was waiting for her. They hugged and kissed for a long time.

'You are gorgeous.' and Ivy laughed.

'I have to text Erika and thank her, she insisted to do my hair.' Daniel kissed her again and Ivy said between kisses 'Ok, maybe later.'

'Ready to go?'

'I am always ready for one of your surprises.' Daniel smiled and started driving. After some time he pulled over and asked Ivy to put on a sleeping mask.

'I know it may sound cheesy or strange but I want it to be a completely surprise and I want you to wear this mask.'

'Ok, you are lucky I trust you.' Ivy put on the mask but Daniel didn't start driving yet.

'How many fingers do you see?'

'Three.'

'Are you sure you don't see anything?'