Ch. 14

Hi!
I am sorry for the slow updates, but thank you for reading, voting and comments!

I want to know your opinion about the love scenes. Do you like reading about it in a book? I know that it brings more views, but I don't want to make people feel uncomfortable while reading. Thank you!

********************

'So you are telling me that you are married with Ruby just because you promised that you would take care of her?'

'No, I can take care and provide her enough money to have a decent life without me, but things aren't simple. At this moment I can't divorce her.'

'Just tell me what it is.'

'The day before our wedding she made me sign a prenuptial contract. I already had my company, I was the only employee, I didn't earn more than my delivery boy salary, but it was mine. Ruby wanted to have 50% of the company so at those times I didn't believe it will be a successful company and make millions.'

'Wow...so she can benefit from all your work.'.

'Yes, I have enough money, even if I let her the 50%, but she will not care about the clients, the employers and so on.'

'Usually these contracts have a way out.'

'Yes, it has. If one of us is unfaithful, the other one has the entire company. Trust me, I wanted a way out long before meeting you, I hired 2 private investigators, they had followed her for one year and she was clean. I let her go to clubs, holidays with her friends, but she never cheated.'

'I see...Why did you want a baby? If you don't love your wife, I mean, it is difficult to raise a baby.'

'That's the point. I don't love her, I was never in love, so I wanted someone to give this part of me, I want someone to take care of, to love, someone I know it will love me back. I don't want just to work and be alone years later. You know what is funny? Now, I start to feel this for you. I am in love with you Ivy, you have no idea how much I regret that you are not my wife now. I want to be happy with you, I want to enjoy all the little things, like have late night snacks, sit on the couch and watch tv or read a book. I want these simple things, but what I want the most is you Ivy.'

'Daniel, I believe you and I feel what you are saying is true, but it is difficult, I don't want to be the other woman. From what you are saying there is no way you can divorce from Ruby. On the other hand, there is the cheating part from the contract, if Ruby discovers us you can loose your company, not only 50%.'

'I know, I am aware of this aspect, I am working on a plan, I opened a new company and I am trying to transfer everything there, the products, the clients, but it is a long road, I estimated it would take 1 year.'

'There has to be another way.'

'If you tell me I will follow it right now. Please, baby, give me this time. I want to make things right, I want to be with you, I to be with the mother of my child.'

'I can give you something now and the rest we will see how we will handle when time comes.' Ivy said slowly and caught his face with her hands. She approached slowly and kissed his lips. Daniel let her take the lead. It was a slow, intimate kiss, but it was all that Daniel dreamed for weeks. He kissed her neck and they laid on their back, one of his hands slipped under Ivy's jumper, making her skin burn after his touch. She knew she wanted more but deep down she knew everything was wrong between them.

'Daniel' she said breathless. 'We can't do this. Someone can see us.'

'I know, baby, don't worry, we will stop. Just let me enjoy you one more time.' And they kissed again for minutes. Ivy convinced him to leave. It was difficult for her to hide her big smile when they arrived. She was happy that Ruby wasn't home. They spent the rest of the day inside, watching some movies and she prepared them dinner and they served it outside on the terrace. They really enjoyed their time alone, they both wished every day to be the same but none of them had to courage to open the subject again. Even if it is hard, Ivy made it clear they can't have any relationship, even if they wanted, she didn't want to risk Daniel's company.

The following morning Daniel left earlier at the office and when Ivy got downstairs to serve the breakfast she had the surprise to find Ruby. She didn't know what to do, eventually she decided to stay.

'I am sorry I brought your mother to dinner last week.' Ruby said while playing with her hair.

'It's ok, you didn't know how she was like. But I am curious how did you contact her.' Ruby stayed a while to think before answering.

'She contacted Erika, my manager.'

'Oh, ok.'

'I will make it up to you. I will take you shopping one day. '

'It's ok, it was nothing.'

'I know, you said your friend will open his bar, we can go to the opening, I am sure he will love to have some VIPs there. And you can invite him for dinner, we can have a double date, isn't that cute? Right now I have to go, Franco is waiting me to drive me to a spa. I have to be in my best shape for next week.'

'What is going on next week?'

'You don't know? It's Daniel's birthday and we will have a huge party over the week end, we will have around 100 guests. I can't wait.'

'I see. Enjoy your day.'

'I will. Bye!' And Ruby left, but she left Ivy on deep thought, why would she wear a short red dress and high heels to a spa. She went to her room and decided to text Daniel.

I: Hey!
D: HEY! Missing me?
I: No, but something weird happened. Your wife was very friendly with me. BTW, she speaks so much.
D: I know... she's up to something. I will keep my eyes on her. You just take care of yourself and relax.
I: I will, mr. VIP.
D: VIP? Explain.
I: your wife said that you can come to Brian's coffee shop opening, and he would love to have some VIPs there.
D: I am in a meeting now and can't laugh right now. Keep the jokes for tonight.