Ch. 25

The following day after they returned from Tulum Ivy packed her things from the Wells mansion and moved in with Brian and Erika. Daniel had to return to New York after they landed and he had no idea when he could get back. Two days later he called Ivy to let her know that Ruby returned and requested a meeting between them and their lawyers.

“I find it weird that she accepted so easily the divorce” Daniel confessed.

“I was thinking the same, but maybe she is eager to be with Franco.”

“Yes, probably.” Daniel didn’t want to worry her and share the news about Franco. Somehow he vanished right after him and Ruby landed, the police had a warrant for him but they couldn’t find him. Daniel was worried for Ivy’s safety and hired a bodyguard to keep an eye on her. He knew that she would protest so he decided not to tell her.

“I miss you.” He said and saw Ivy’s beautiful smile through the camera.

“I miss you too, you should get some sleep.”

“Ok, I will meet you in my dreams.”

“You are so romantic” she laughed and they said good bye.

The next day it was barely 10 a.m. when Erika called her to turn on the TV.

“The witch is having a live interview on Chanel 9”

“Oh God”

“Exactly. I will stay at the coffee shop to see it and after I will be home as soon as possible.”

“K” Ivy couldn’t say much, she felt that Ruby was up to something.

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen, we have a special guest today. Please, let’s give a warm welcome to Ruby Wells” and Ruby entered the studio and took a seat next to the TV presenter. She was dressed in a short white dress with red high heels and kept waving at the camera and blowing kisses.

“Thank you Samantha.”

“My darling, I know that you want to share some news with us. Please take your time, we are all here for you.” Ruby pouted and tried to fake a loud cry but to Ivy sounded more like a diabolic laughter.

“That’s right. I don’t even know how to say it. It is too much for my poor heart, I spent all my days crying and I even had to return one day earlier from my vacation.”

“It’s ok darling, do you want me to say it?” Ruby nodded and put her face in her palms and kept looking down.

“The Wells family are divorcing.” And the presenter hugged Ruby. “My guest is very emotional, she doesn’t want the divorce and came to us to expose the real face of Daniel Wells. Ruby, please, be brave and let us know everything.” Ruby immediately changed her mood and looked at the camera with a big smile.

“It is horrible. I have lived in an abusive marriage for years. Daniel never loved me, he married me because my father helped him and had the money. I was naïve enough to believe that he would eventually love me, but it never happened. He kept saying that I was fat, he made me starve, I had  train daily, do yoga, Pilates, to drink only smoothies to look like a perfect wife. The most horrible thing he did to be was to kidnap me the joy to become a mother. It was my dream to have my little family and he forbidden me to become pregnant. He said that he couldn’t look at me if I was going to turn into a fat cow so he tricked me to hire a surrogate. I accepted everything just to make him happy and guess what. He wants to divorce and I am sure that the surrogate is involved. Daniel is a handsome man and for a poor girl like her it was easy to fall for him.”