Ch. 17

Hello! Happy holidays! I hope you are having a great time.

I wanted to let you know that I wrote a short story (1 chapter), you can find it on my profile if you want to read it, but I have to warn you, you can read it only if you are 18yo+.
I hope you enjoy this update too:)

***************

'Ugh my head' Ruby complained and shouted for Maria. 'Maria, where the hell are you?' Maria showed up from kitchen and she still had a smile on her face.
'Why are you laughing? Act like a real maid and get me a painkiller right now. And find my husband quick, tell him I am sick.'

'Yes Mrs. Wells.'

'Hurry up will you?'

Ruby had the feeling that her hand was pumping. She usually didn't drink that much but she was upset for the Franco situation, she had to pretend she tolerated Ivy and her stupid boyfriend and Daniel 's demands. She needed a painkiller and Franco. Maria showed up with her pill and like it wasn't enough for her after came Ivy with a cup of tea.

' Hi, Maria said you don't feel well so I made you this, drink it and it will help your headache. '

'I don't need a tea, I need to find my husband, where the hell is he?'

'Did you try to call him?' Ivy asked

'That' s the maid's job, we pay her loads of money and she can't do her stupid job, now go away and leave me alone. '

' Ruby! 'Daniel shouted at her.

'I will go back to the kitchen.' Ivy announced them and wanted to leave the room but Daniel stopped her.

'Please stay, Ruby has to apologise for her reaction.'

'Don't be pathetic Daniel what did I do? I don't drink a stupid tea, if Ivy wants to do the stupid maids work she can do it but she needs to learn what I like and don't.'

'That's enough!' he shouted again and Ivy was almost scared when he saw him so angry. He closed his eyes and looked at her to calm down. 'I am sorry Ivy, don't listen to her, she will apologise, I hope.'

'It is ok, I have to go anyway.' and she left Daniel alone with his wife. She felt sorry for Daniel but she could not stand to be near Ruby. She could swear that she was Rosalie's younger version.

Ivy went back to the kitchen and found Maria walking nervously around the table.

'What happened? Don't be upset with what Ruby says.' she tried to encourage her.

'I don't want to be fired.'

'I am sure that Daniel has the final word and you didn't do anything wrong, Ruby seems to be hangover and maybe she feels sick, don't worry.'

'No, she is very upset with me, she will convince Mr. Wells to fire me.'

'Maria, please calm down. Why are you so scared of her?'

'She will fire me.'

'Maria, please take a seat and calm down. Mr. Wells appreciates you so much, he loves your food, you take care of everything in this house, you can't be fired just because Ruby is not feeling herself.'

'My darling Ivy, you don't know how vile is this woman. She can get me fired or can make me quit in a second.'

'I don't get it.'

'I can't tell you, I am sorry.'

'Please, Maria, you can trust me.' It took a while for Ivy to convince Maria to share with her story, but she eventually told her.