Ch. 1

Ruby was excited when she received the news from her agent that their announcement was finally published. She had to persuade Daniel to agree to her idea, but she knew how much he wanted a child so she played this card to convince him. Now they only needed to wait the next call from Erika, her agent, and start the next part of the project. This was what she liked to call the search of a surrogate "a project". She and Daniel had to meet 3 girls that Erika considered to be perfect to carry their child and choose one of them. She knew that her husband didn't like to be on the spotlight and since they had published the announcement her phone was ringing like crazy. Ruby loved the attention and she was sure that Daniel will thank her later for her brilliant idea.

She was in her dressing room trying to find the perfect dress to wear the next day, Erika told her that they have to give an interview to a famous magazine. She only had to choose the dress...and to let Daniel know about this. Ruby picked a red dress knee-length, she was aware of her perfect body and this dress was showing all her curves. She released her blonde hair from the pony tail and the curls embraced her shoulders perfectly. She decided not to wear her statement red lipstick, she just put her favourite perfume on her wrist and she felt ready to let Daniel know about the following events. Even if it was 11 pm she knew that he was still working in his study. This didn't bother her, she was happy that he made so much money and she didn't have to worry about this part. She had important things to worry about: her new diet, finding a better personal trainer, going out with the girls to Luxe, the hottest club in town, so she was grateful that Daniel was working so much, she loved her freedom.

Ruby entered Daniel's study and he didn't take his eyes from his computer

'Honey, do you like my dress?' she asked and approached his desk

'Yeah, it looks nice' he said looking for less than 1 second to her. 'Girls night again?'

'Oh, no honey, I am trying to decide what to wear tomorrow.'

'Why? What do you have to do tomorrow?' he said and this time looked at her

'Tomorrow at noon Erika scheduled an interview with VIP magazine! Can you believe it? I for sure can't!'

'What? What interview?'

'Oh Daniel, don't be silly, they want to know about the surrogate mother and why we decided using one. Erika will email you later the questions and the answers so you better stop working and memorize everything. It is our first important interview and it needs to be perfect' Daniel saw Ruby's lips moving but he was too shocked to say something.

'How do they know we are THINKING about getting a surrogate? What did you do?' Ruby went to him and sat on his lap

'Honey, don't get mad, I know how much you want a child and I wanted to surprise you so I asked Erika for her help'

'And what did Erika do?'

'She published an announcement on twitter and asked for help.'

'Oh really, and do you think that people come to you and offer their body to help us?'

'Well, they don't do it for free' Daniel closed his eyes and tried to calm down.

'How much?'

'4...' she said slowly

'40.000?'

'400.000'

'What???' Daniel pushed Ruby from his lap and started walking nervously in circles. 'I said I will think about hiring a surrogate and you already started all this mess? You have until tomorrow morning to fix this and I am not doing any interview!' he shouted and left the room.

Behind him Ruby smiled thinking he got the news better than she expected.

'What shoes should I wear tomorrow?' she asked herself.