Ch. 20

Daniel woke up alone in the bed, but he immediately knew where Ivy was. He guided after the sweet smell that filled all the rooms and found her in the kitchen. She was preparing pancakes and he went to kiss her. He felt normal and he enjoyed the feeling. He loved to see her in the kitchen, she was happy and he loved her food.

'Good morning' she greeted him.

'Morning beautiful, why did you wake up so early?'

'You really thought that I could let you eat pizza for breakfast?'

'Yes'

'Never.' and they both laughed.

'Come and eat something quickly and we can leave after.'

'You are so eager Miss Smith.'

'Maybe.' Daniel grabbed one of her pancakes.

'Why don't you eat?'

'My stomach doesn't tolerate food this early.'

'I have a better idea, we can take it with us and serve it in our first stop.'

'Where is that?'

'Central Park.'

'Wow, that's so uncommon to visit while in NY' Daniel couldn't stop laughing

'Blame it on Google, it was the first attraction that I found.'

'I can't wait to hear the rest of the list.' They changed into their matching hoodies and Daniel decided to wear a pair of sunglasses and he also took a backpack.

'You look decent.' told him Ivy.

'Really? Not hot? Gorgeous?'

'You look approachable and like a normal guy, well, a hot one, but I like this side of you.'

'Thank you baby, I like it too, now let's go, we have a long day.'

They left, but it wasn't a long drive. Daniel's rented apartment wasn't far from the Central Park. When they arrived at the park Daniel took a map from his backpack and guided them through the park. They kept walking for around 20 minutes until they found the spot, Wagner Cove.

'So, what do you think?' he asked Ivy very proud of himself.

'It is beautiful and can't believe there is no one around.'

'Shall we sit?' and they headed to the rustic spot and sat on one of the side benches. They could see the lake, the people on the other side, little ducks swimming in the lake, but everything around them was quiet and serene. They didn't talk much, but they took the time to look at each, to hold hands, share smiles and steal kisses from time to time. Ivy loved the romantic side of Daniel and she still couldn't believe how lucky she was to meet him. They didn't eat much because Ivy felt sorry for all the ducks from the lake and they decided to feed them.

'Are you ready for the next part of your tour?'

'I am, you did surprise me. Thank you.'

'You are welcome, now let's get some hot chocolate, your nose is turning red from the cold.'

'Yes, sorry for looking like Rudolph.' and Daniel laughed at her.

'Well, you are a cute Rudolph that I want to kiss.' Ivy surprised him and kissed him quickly. They returned to the car and Daniel drove them to Bar Pisselino, which was said to have the best hot chocolate in New York. Daniel went to take the chocolates onn the go and they stayed for a while in the car to enjoy it.

'One double whipped cream chocolate for the lady.' he handed the cup to Ivy and she took a sip closing her eyes to enjoy it. When she looked at Daniel he was almost drooling.