The Mother Of My Child

By anca_miki

What happens when Ivy accepts to be the surrogate mother of a powerful couple? ****** 'Please, stop me.' He... More

Pilot
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch.3
Ch. 4
The Cast
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch.11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28

Ch. 17

4.4K 155 4
By anca_miki

Hello! Happy holidays! I hope you are having a great time.

I wanted to let you know that I wrote a short story (1 chapter), you can find it on my profile if you want to read it, but I have to warn you, you can read it only if you are 18yo+.
I hope you enjoy this update too:)

***************

'Ugh my head' Ruby complained and shouted for Maria. 'Maria, where the hell are you?' Maria showed up from kitchen and she still had a smile on her face.
'Why are you laughing? Act like a real maid and get me a painkiller right now. And find my husband quick, tell him I am sick.'

'Yes Mrs. Wells.'

'Hurry up will you?'

Ruby had the feeling that her hand was pumping. She usually didn't drink that much but she was upset for the Franco situation, she had to pretend she tolerated Ivy and her stupid boyfriend and Daniel 's demands. She needed a painkiller and Franco. Maria showed up with her pill and like it wasn't enough for her after came Ivy with a cup of tea.

' Hi, Maria said you don't feel well so I made you this, drink it and it will help your headache. '

'I don't need a tea, I need to find my husband, where the hell is he?'

'Did you try to call him?' Ivy asked

'That' s the maid's job, we pay her loads of money and she can't do her stupid job, now go away and leave me alone. '

' Ruby! 'Daniel shouted at her.

'I will go back to the kitchen.' Ivy announced them and wanted to leave the room but Daniel stopped her.

'Please stay, Ruby has to apologise for her reaction.'

'Don't be pathetic Daniel what did I do? I don't drink a stupid tea, if Ivy wants to do the stupid maids work she can do it but she needs to learn what I like and don't.'

'That's enough!' he shouted again and Ivy was almost scared when he saw him so angry. He closed his eyes and looked at her to calm down. 'I am sorry Ivy, don't listen to her, she will apologise, I hope.'

'It is ok, I have to go anyway.' and she left Daniel alone with his wife. She felt sorry for Daniel but she could not stand to be near Ruby. She could swear that she was Rosalie's younger version.

Ivy went back to the kitchen and found Maria walking nervously around the table.

'What happened? Don't be upset with what Ruby says.' she tried to encourage her.

'I don't want to be fired.'

'I am sure that Daniel has the final word and you didn't do anything wrong, Ruby seems to be hangover and maybe she feels sick, don't worry.'

'No, she is very upset with me, she will convince Mr. Wells to fire me.'

'Maria, please calm down. Why are you so scared of her?'

'She will fire me.'

'Maria, please take a seat and calm down. Mr. Wells appreciates you so much, he loves your food, you take care of everything in this house, you can't be fired just because Ruby is not feeling herself.'

'My darling Ivy, you don't know how vile is this woman. She can get me fired or can make me quit in a second.'

'I don't get it.'

'I can't tell you, I am sorry.'

'Please, Maria, you can trust me.' It took a while for Ivy to convince Maria to share with her story, but she eventually told her.

'You have to promise me that you will not tell anyone, Mr. Wells can't know, please, I can have big problems.' begged Maria.

'I promise you, your secret will be safe with me.'

'A while ago I caught Ruby and Franco kissing, Mr. Wells was gone on a business trip and they were here fooling around.' and Ivy was shocked to hear the news. It all made sense now, all the giggles, all the short dresses and the melt down Ruby suffered when Franco couldn't drive her. Even Franco was irascible when he took Maria and Ivy to the market and refused to help them staying grumpy all the time. It was all clear now.

'So why didn't you tell Daniel about this? I assume he doesn't know.'

'Because I was such a fool. I confronted them and she threatened me that she was going to fire me. I didn't care because Mr. Wells was too good with me and didn't deserve it. I told her she should tell him herself or I would when he returned. Ruby then begged for my forgiveness and said she would make things right, but I guess I was played.' Maria stated crying and Ivy hugged her.

'What did she do to you?'

'She framed me a robbery. She insisted to clean some of her jewelleries, she sent me to her room to take them and clean them downstairs. It was the first time she put me to clean her jewellery, but I didn't realise it. The next day two police officers showed up at the door and requested to search my purse. They found there the jewelleries I cleaned a day before.'

'What? But how could she do this?'

'She is vile.'

'Did the police do something to you?'

'No, because she didn't file a complaint.'

'Maria, I know it was difficult for you, but you can easily demonstrate it was just a set up.'

'I can't. Firstly she placed a hidden camera in her closet and I saw the images. I appear taking the jewellery, but I don't appear putting them back. Also she told Mr. Wells when he came back, but he didn't believe her and didn't want to fire me, so she made me sign a confidentiality contract, if I share anything that is happening in this house, including her affair she will go further with the complaint and I can be arrested. I can't afford to loose my job and go to jail, no matter how much I appreciate Mr. Wells. '

Ivy was shocked to hear how malicious was Ruby, she wasn't the dumb woman everyone believed and she was sick to think she had to see and be around her every day. Her poor Daniel was trapped with a dangerous woman.

' Please Ivy, you have to promise me that nobody will find out. Please!' Maria continued to beg her. Even if her heart was heavy to hide things from Daniel she had to help Maria.

'Your secret is safe with me.' but Ivy was determined to reveal to Daniel the real Ruby and expose her relationship with Franco, but she had to find a way to do it without involving Maria. She was just an innocent woman who really deserved only the best.

Daniel walked into the kitchen and saw them staying and looked concerned. Maria got scared when she saw him, jumped from her chair and rushed outside.

'Hey, what is going on?' asked Daniel still looking after Maria.

'Nothing, Maria was a bit upset after the incident with Ruby.'

'Oh, I am sorry too, she treated you so bad.'

'Don't worry about me, Daniel. Please don't let her affect you. I can feel you consume yourself too much because of her.'

'I am. I just can't stand her anymore and I have to hurry to make things right. You have no idea how much I would love to go back in time and not to sign that contract. I hate myself for not giving me a chance. I only thought about the money, but I never thought about my heart. '

' Daniel, you were young and you had a brilliant idea.'

'No Ivy, I was so desperate to make money, to get rich, to have a big house and now when I think about it I regret that I didn't see my parents.'

'What do you mean?'

'My parents were simple people, they have a small house, regular jobs, but they love each other so much. You know, they have this tradition, every Saturday morning my father does the groceries and he returns all the time with a flower bouquet, he kisses my mother's cheek and she offers him something sweet, she bakes him all the time. How could I not see those simple things? I want to have their simple life Ivy, I want to kiss you all the time.' Ivy felt so sorry for him.

'Daniel, please, you have to believe in yourself and everything will work out, you are a good man. May I ask you what happened with your parents?'

'Oh, they are well, at least this is what I thought, my mother calls me from time to time.'.

'Why is that?'

'Our relationship is cold at the moment, they were upset when I married Ruby and after I kind of screwed things. I offered them a huge amount of money to buy a new house and they got upset. Apparently they were happy in their house and I offended them, but I didn't realise it until today. If you have the person you want near you it doesn't matter whefe you stay. ' and Ivy smiled.

She encouraged Daniel to tell her more about his childhood and his parents while she prepared them a snack and a hot chocolate. They spent a lot of time in the kitchen and they were happy, it was just the kind of thing that Daniel craved for.
Ivy was making him happy, but he had some news that he knew they would change her mood.

'I need to tell you something.'

'What is wrong?'

'I received an offer for my company from l a big retail company, I need to make them an unique product based on their needs, it will be a huge opportunity for me to develop and continue with my plan.' Ivy was sure that there was something more, all the talk and he was saying nothing to her.

'Just tell me what it is.'

'I have to go to New York.'

'That's cool.'

'For at least a month, I actually have three months to develop their anti-virus, but I hope I can work from here once I have enough knowledge of what they need.'

'Wow, that is a lot of time.'

'It is, I hate that I have to leave you alone.'

'Don't worry about me, Daniel, focus on your work and make everything worth. When do you have to leave?'

'Tomorrow evening.'

'Wow, so soon.' Ivy was heartbroken, she was also scared to be around Ruby alone now that she found out how dangerous she was, but she had to be brave and make Daniel believe everything was going to be fine.

'I will be okay, I promise you, I need you to promise you that you will be too. And you will call me when you can. And you will eat and take care of yourself.' Daniel laughed, smiled at her and gently stroke her cheek.

In the evening Ruby decided to go clubbing to cure her hangover and they just spent all their time in Ivy's room, they watched a movie, ate a lot of snacks and cuddled under the blanket.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

555 15 8
... and people claim different things, beautiful, wonderful. But for Ivy, she claimed "dangerous". *** "Truly, I am dangerous but it is nothing for y...
1.5M 52K 44
When Liliana signed up to become a private flight attendant, she believed she had a general idea of what the job entailed. Strictly professional. Wh...
763K 20.8K 39
When I stood up and reach for the door. I was forcefully turn around..making my back lean in the back door.. He snatch the purse and shoes in my han...
2.7M 80.5K 49
He took a deep breath. Than began to lower his hand further south, down my neck, stopping at my cleavage. He took an even deeper breath, closing his...