The Crown Sinners

By RenesmeeStories

BOOK 3 OF IMPROBUS ILLE IMPERIUM [2nd Generation] "No one dared to take their crowns away until the crown sin... More

The Characters
1: The Plan
2: Someone Special
3: Blood of the Ruler
4: Take Their Crown
5: Who Are You?
6: Locked Up
7: Batten Down The Hatches
8: Let's Play A Game
9: Improbus Ille Imperium (I)
10: Improbus Ille Imperium (II)
11: Caught In His Game
12: Game Over
13: Welcome Home
14: Back of the Blade
15: Chasing Silhouette
16: Target of Fate
17: Time To Get Even
18: Rebel's Reign
19: The Colours of Deceit (I)
20: The Colours of Deceit (II)
21: The Fallen Name
22: Just Simple Things
23: Unknown Enemy
24: No Count
25: Keep Your Faith
26: Keep Your Aim Locked
27: Up to the Next Challenge
28: The Path That Nobody Walks On
29: Return of the Commoners
30: One Fine Day
31: What is Happening?
32: Bet on Me
33: Little Things, Little Dreams
34: Witch Hunt
35: Thou Shalt Not Speak
36: The Story Continues I
37: The Story Continues II
38: Burning Cold
39: Of Secrets and Wrong Timings
40: Between Staying and Running Away
41: Back on the Game
42: Protecting You
43: The Crown
44: The Lawless Auction
45: Let's Go Home
46: A Moment With You
47: Prophecy of the Sun and the Moon
48: Rightful Places
49: Writing Their Own Fate
50: Twisted Domain
51: A Story From Long Ago
52: A True Love From Long Ago
53: A Curse From Long Ago
54: Losing Game
55: Endless Slumber
56: Blood Tainted Path
57: Welcome to the Empire
58: Hidden Encounters
59: Generations of the Heartless Empire
60: Twisted Icy Rain
61: Twisted Hierarchy
62: Smiles, Sunshine, and Good Nights
63: The Burden of the Crowns
64: Every Moment We Shared
65: Always With You
66: Your Smiles, My Happiness
67: Hoping It Would Never End
68: Rush into the Secret House
69: Twisted Crimson Moon
70: Twisted Hidden Suffering
71: Twisted Scars Each of them Hid
72: Storms Could Be Weathered
73: Training Commence
74: Wheel of Danger (I)
75: Wheel of Danger (II)
76: Wheel of Danger (III)
77: Wheel of Danger (IV)
78: Twisted Core Room
79: To You Who Always Make Us Smile
80: Yours 'Til The End
81: The Start
82: Leave This Life
83: Pay For Your Sin
84: Cracking Pillar
85: Death Explosion
86: Goddess of Hunt
87: The Sinner of their Generation
88: Adding Salt to the Wound
89: The Buried Name
90: Last Battle Between Real and Fake
91: I Promise You
92: Tragically Beautiful
93: Cherishing the Present
94: Twisted Victory Party (I)
95: Twisted Victory Party (II)
96: Our Dream Come True
97: From 1 to 18, I'd Celebrate It With You
99: Bleeding Thorns
100: Tomorrow's Approaching Fast
101: Nameless Sun's Cry
102: Empress of Eviralle

98: Fire is Catching

2.9K 134 295
By RenesmeeStories

Reminder: Everything that you will read from now on is highly fictional. All the things around Domain (laws, system, procedure, construction, etc.) are all FICTIONAL and with minimal or no basis to reality.

If there is any resemblance from the living or history, it is purely coincidental.

Thank you.

PS: Please read this chapter carefully, for this is the foundation of the Domain's Arc.

***

#TCS98: Fire Is Catching

Miracle Silhouette's POV

I stared at the vast monitors, which formed like a giant cinema screen in front of me. I crossed my arms and sighed. It contained a lot of information and people. It was consisting of the intel that we would use for the Domain.

Just staring at all of it made me shiver. The thought that we were really facing these dangerous people in a game of wits and crime was creating a hollow feeling in my stomach. It was so detailed and planned but what if suddenly things went haywire?

"Nervous?" I gasped when I heard that voice and felt his arms slowly seized my hand. Napalingon ako sa kanya at napatango bago magbuntonghininga ulit. I couldn't lie, it would probably show on my face. I mean, who wouldn't be terrified? Here we were going to face—head-on with our most dangerous enemy.

"Don't be... you planned most of this meticulously, and Lolo approved and wanted this plan, too," Akakios mentioned, then gazed at the massive screen with a smile. Siniko ko naman s'ya nang pabiro dahil do'n.

"You also planned almost half of this; this plan wouldn't be successful without you," I told him and slowly leaned on his shoulder. I heard his soft laughter and felt him nodded.

"Yeah, it was constructed by the two of us, so I think that's the greatest reassurance that it won't be a mess," he replied calmly. Buti pa 'tong si Akakios parang hindi kabado at okay lang sa kanya ang lahat, samantalang ako pakiramdam ko sasabog na 'yong puso ko sa kaba.

I wasn't playing with everything in my control now. The adversaries were dirty and cunning. This was not like those childish games that I'd do with my siblings and the Pasaways. This was in a different level now.

I inhaled and exhaled loudly this time and I faced Akakios while standing tall. "Where are they?" I asked him quietly. This was really it. We were now going to explain and mobilize the Pasaways and the Crowns about the Domain.

Akakios looked at his wrist watch. "They will be here in five," maikling sagot n'ya. Napangiti naman ako ro'n at saka bumababa ang tingin ko sa tie n'ya. I reached for it and fixed it a little. His eyes only followed my hand and beamed a little while I was doing it.

Medyo kabado rin ako sa ginagawang 'yon. Admit it or not, Akakios' authority and aura became so intense and palpable that even with me, it wasn't toning down. He got more comfortable with it in time, but deep inside he was still the kindest person in here.

Nang matapos kong ayusin 'yon, napaatras ako nang kaunti at pinagmasdan s'ya. I admired how he looked so honorable and fearsome. He had that shade around him that he wasn't your ordinary person, that he was... a royal.

"Ready to set foot in the land where you truly belong?" I didn't intend to vocalize it, but it still left my mouth. I saw how his jaw moved a little, and he unhurriedly pocketed one of his hands. And he scratched the tip of his nose using the other.

"As long as I hold your hand... then yes." His raspy voice echoed in my ears.

Magsasalita pa sana ako pero napatingin kaming sabay ni Akakios sa isang banda dahil sa naramdamang presensya na papasok sa malaking meeting room na 'to. Ilang saglit pa, nakita namin si Master Gideon.

He was wearing a suit, and he looked young for his age and muscular. He automatically bowed the moment he saw the two of us. Following him, Isolde also entered, and she gave us some respect before quietly walking with Master Gideon to take their seats.

"Finally happening, huh?" Isolde smirked when she sat down on the front row. We were in a lecture room type of place.

"Are everything going the way we wanted?" Akakios questioned his Lolo.

"I did what we planned; now the rest is up to you if it'll succeed or not," he answered sternly.

Ngumiti na lang kami ni Akakios nang sabay dahil do'n. We waited a little more while talking about the information from what they were doing in the Domain and just a small talk of what happened last week with Gabby's birthday.

Habang nag-uusap kami napatigil kami ni Akakios at napatingin sa entrance. We saw Momo and Dada entered the room while holding each other's hands. They bowed when they saw Akakios. Lumapit kaagad ako sa kanila. Momo gave me a kiss on the cheek as well as Dada.

They just gave respect at Akakios. They both sat down beside Master Gideon and Isolde. Nag-usap-usap sila saglit, at dumating na rin sina Tita Annicka, Tito Skyler, Tita Shana, Tito JJ, Tita Lian, Tito Tim, Tita Alyx, Tito Thon, Tita Cassidee, Tito Eugene, Tita Tiara at Tito Kurt.

Usually, they were loud, and they'd be joking around each other, but they were currently serious and didn't make any noise as they sat on their designated seats. They bowed their heads down, looking at us, and we only nodded.

Naging tahimik ang buong kwarto dahil do'n, at mararamdaman mo ang tensyon sa hangin. The Apocalypse also arrived and sat on the side where our parents were seated. The air in the room became suffocating with all the people who were gathered in there.

And then five people also arrived. My siblings with Luna gave courtesy to Akakios and me before walking down to the other side of the room that was still empty. Luna waved at me, and I beamed widely at her.

Gabby copied Luna, and I couldn't help but chuckle, but with Law's glare, the two settled down, and I was sure they felt the authoritative and peculiar air in this room. It was mixed with anxiety, pressure, nervousness and excitement.

Then the seven Crowns entered the room according to their rank. Saint had a playful grin on his face while playing with a rubics cube. He bowed at us, and the rest followed his gesture and took their respective seats.

After that, the Pasaways in their Crown ranks entered, too, with Sven. Their faces were etched with alarm and fear. Para silang pumasok sa napakalamig at napakabigat na lugar. Their expression said it all.

"Hi," Akakios greeted with a smile on his face.

Parang nakahinga ang lahat dahil do'n. Maririnig mo rin ang mahinang tawa ng mga magulang namin. The tension didn't disappear, but you could feel that, at least, some pressure was lifted with that little word from Akakios. Damn, power.

"We will not talk in runabouts. Tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day we will set foot in the Eviralle, and that will follow the commencement of the plan to overthrow the Marquis' reign."

Pakiramdam ko dumagundong ang buong lugar dahil sa lalim at napakaseryosong pahayag ni Akakios sa bagay na 'yon. Even I felt how the hair on my arm rose because of how frank it was.

Then we moved forward to dig deep into the topic without further ado.

"But before that... you must know who are our enemies, targets, and the plan we'd do to make sure that we'd be successful." Everyone nodded with his statement. I breathed in, and looked at the huge screen in front of us.

"Here is the Marquis' Domain..." I declared, and the screen showed what the current Domain or government was like in Eviralle.

"The current Emperor Abelard Marquis, and the current Empress Emily Thomure-Marquis." The screen automatically flashed the pictures of the two royalties as I spoke of their names. There was detailed information about them on there, including their age and families.

"Wait... the current Empress is the third wife?" Biblee popped in after looking at the provided info.

"And Abelard has no children?" Cleon added in confusion. "E 'di walang heir? Walang magmamana sa mga Marquis?"

"Abelard has one sister and two brothers. Their children could inherit the throne; they are still a Marquis," kibit-balikat na sagot naman ni Yvo kay Cleon habang tinitingnan din ang file ni Abelard nasa hologram sa harap nila ngayon na kaparehas ng nasa malaking screen.

"To answer Biblee's question, yes. Abelard has two previous spouses. One of them is Devine Crossette. His first wife, who was rumoured that died in an illness." Napatingin sa akin si Akakios at napatango lang ako sa kanya. There was so much mystery surrounding that and we weren't really sure ourselves. There was a high possibility that she was killed by Abelard himself.

"And the other was Dorothy Prejean, who reigned after the Crossette, but was dethroned by Abelard. For the reason why? We don't know. Only Abelard knows that. It was a secret of the royal family."

Napanganga ang ilang Pasaways dahil do'n. They weren't that familiar with the royals in the Domain, although they knew some useful intel about them. Samantalang kunot-noo lang ang ilang Crowns, habang napapailing ang mga parents namin kasama ang Apocalypse. It wasn't the first time I learned all of these, but it still gave me that eerie and uneasy feeling.

"Probably killed by Abelard..." Saint suggested while shaking his head couldn't believe how awful the Marquis was.

"Highly possible," I agreed knowing what he did to Akakios's mother, Agnyska.

Paniguradong pinatay ni Abelard ang dalawang nauna n'yang asawa. Bakit? Marahil dahil nagdalang-tao ang dalawang ito. Abelard wouldn't stand still knowing that they were carrying someone who was going to kill him in the future, based on Agnyska's curse.

That curse must have haunted him even up to this day. That was why he had no children.

"It is also written that Abelard has several affairs from maids, priestess, concubines, and all that... what a bastard." Theon's eyes darkened while reading all of the things under Abelard's profile. Akakios and I nodded.

"Well... that's common if you are a Marquis," I said while shaking my head because it was really... how could someone live like a pig? Damn.

"Then now... Emily Thomure-Marquis, who is currently the Empress, doesn't have a good relationship with Abelard, as far as the intel gathered." They all nodded because of it. "Emily also has a good number of people under her from the Domain's court," I notified them.

"However, Abelard still controls the three highest officials from Domain. And he has his hand on the two highest military general," I told them while showing Abelard's profile further down. "The military and court are separate things in the Domain. The two generals control the largest army in Eviralle, and they do not put themselves in any kinds of politics, and only gets direct order from Abelard."

My words made them tremble a little. That was how powerful Abelard was. And he was nothing but an abuser of it, leading to Eviralle's doom. But the court still cleans after him, especially the three highest officials.

"The two generals are Gen. Masson and Gen. Jones." Ipinakita ko naman sa screen nila ang picture at profile ng dalawang heneral. They were tough, rough, and masculine looking; you'd immediately know that they weren't to be messed with.

"They command the military, and they are the main enemies of the Apocalypse and the original Improbus Ille Imperium. The war that we are preparing for would be devastating, and there would be inevitable physical battles, and these are the two that you should be wary about, especially the forces under them. Every single one warrior they handle is all deadly." I gritted my teeth while warning them.

If this were the past, even the Apocalypse and some of our parents wouldn't stand a chance on them. Still, now that they were trained and got more forces under them, we have a good chance of winning against them even if they pull some counter-attack on us. Nevertheless, we needed to be careful around them.

"Now... for us... they are not the main foe." Tumalim ang tingin ko sa Crowns at Pasaways at nakita ko ang paglunok nila dahil do'n. "These are our main enemies..." And I showed them a chart of the court officials of the Domain.

"The three highest officials. The Fabron. The Durand. And the Travers," I declared with emphasis.

Kilabot ang gumuhit sa mga mata nila pagkatapos kong banggitin 'yon. "W-We... are up against them?" Hope stammered as she couldn't believe we were going to deal with them.

"Yeah," I answered directly. "Fear not, my siblings will be the ones to deal with them directly, and the rest of you can back them off," I expanded, and my siblings nodded. They had known the enemies for quite a long time because it was part of their preparations.

"These three are all under the Marquis, and they are the central cleaners of the dirty things that the Domain is doing. But they are also the ones who benefit the most from corruption, crimes, and taxes. They are the most cunning in the Domain." Akakios pointed out the three of them from the screen while saying it.

"For short, these three controls the Domain's court," sambit ko sa kanila.

"The Domain is strong because of them. If we eliminate even one of them, the balance in that court would be thrashed into chaos," Akakios declared powerfully. "They are our primary target, too, because of the heir selection in the Domain."

"Heir selection?" nagtatakang tanong ni Harper.

"You see, Abelard doesn't have any children. Hence, the Domain created a solution of selecting the next Emperor—to which Abelard agreed upon to satisfy the Domain and the people," pagpapaintindi ko sa kanila.

"There are three candidates for the Domain's next Emperor."

Akakios displayed the picture of the three men who were in their magnificent prince-like clothing. They were all good looking like models and knights. But behind those handsome faces lay the next monsters of the Domain.

"First," Akakios began, and the screen exhibited the first prospect.

"This is Vance Marquis, the oldest son of Abelard's sister." Their holograms were now showing Vance Marquis's picture, who had a pale complexion, dull raven eyes, and black hair. He had that straight and blank face with a lean body. He looked like a frail knight but with a dangerous ambiance around him.

"He's the rumoured next Emperor because he is the one with the most backing and support. He is on top compared to the other two contenders," I explained to them calmly.

"Is he that dangerous?" tanong ni Art sa akin.

I shook my head immediately. "No, he is the weakest in all the aspects—physical, emotional, mental, and all those." Their eyes broadened with my straightforward response.

"But why is he at the top?" Honoka gaped while questioning.

"Simply because he is the weakest," Akakios retorted with a grin. "You see... in the Domain. The weaker you are, the more they like you... why? Because you cannot devour them, but they can devour you."

Napatingin ako kay Akakios habang sinasabi n'ya 'yon at naglalakad s'ya nang pabalik-balik habang may maliit na ngisi sa isang labi. At tumitig kay Honoka no'ng sagutin n'ya ang tanong nito. I felt goosebumps because he his presence was just so intense!

Talagang titigan mo s'ya kada magsasalita o kikilos s'ya. Damn, Akakios seemed like a different person whenever he'd display his true authority.

"Vance Marquis-Rueny... is strong because he is the candidate that the three officials favour. The clans of Fabron, Durand, and Travers like him the most because they can make him follow anything they say. For short, Vance is their puppet." Akakios clicked his tongue after declaring it.

"So... for short, if he ever wins as the next Emperor, those three powerful clans are going to reign Eviralle?" Thorn queried carefully, and I nodded lightly.

"Exactly," sabay na sagot namin ni Akakios.

"That's why we need to take down those three influential and powerful clans, so Vance would not be the next Emperor, and also to put the court of Domain in a mess they could never imagine," I articulated with a smirk. Napanganga naman sa pagkamangha ang mga Pasaways.

That was how complicated the Domain was. With all these officials and generals tied to each other, and how one thing could affect the other things. One wrong move, the domino would collapse, and it could lead to demise.

"You see... this is how powerful the Domain is; that is why we needed to be careful and be on track." They all nodded, understanding my words. It was dawning on them how important and significant each role they would play in this death game.

Natahimik sila saglit at prinoseso ang tungkol kay Vance. Nang makita namin na handa na sila ulit, nagsalita na ulit kami.

"Next," I started and glanced at the monitor.

"The second candidate for the throne... is Griffin Marquis. He is the son of Abelard's brother." Akakios spoke and showed them the profile of Griffin. "Griffin is the most 'Marquis' among the candidates," he added firmly.

Everyone looked at the photo of Griffin. He was wearing a knight-like outfit that was coloured blue and gold. He was standing with a sword on his hand. He has that raven hair, and dark upturned eyes, and a fair complexion. He was smiling—unlike Vance, who mostly looked grim. This one looked more a sunshine kind-of-knight.

"Why is he the most Marquis-like?" kunot-noong pagtatanong ni Pierce.

"A tyrant," Akakios replied while clenching his fists.

"Unlike Vance, whom you could control. Griffin would not let himself be controlled and he is planning to make his reign more on his own accord than listening to the court. For short, everything would fall on him, and even the three clans would not stand a word against him if he ever gets the throne." Mas naliwanagan sila sa binanggit ni Akakios.

"He's often laying low though, not showing his true fangs, in order to gain the support of the lower officials. But... he cannot do that easily. He's the one that is least likely to get the throne," I spoke directly, and their foreheads knotted.

"Why is he the less likely when the Marquis should favour him because he is, you know, the Marquis in the making. Their own kind in flesh and mind," Akira declared with curiosity as he titled his head a little.

"You know, they kind of fear their kind in a way," I joked, but it was half meant. Griffin would just destroy the Domain that they built, and in the current court, who would want that?

"Further, the higher court favours Vance because of the three clans, but the lower court favours another person... and that is the third candidate. Leaving him with not much support," Akakios added while shrugging his shoulders.

"Now talk about the devil." The one displaying on their screen changed, and it showed the last and next prospect.

"Volkan Marquis." Nag-igting kaagad ang panga ko pagkakasabi pa lang ng pangalan n'ya. "He is the youngest brother of Abelard from another Empress. He's the last son of the last Emperor, Beaumore Marquis."

The photo of Volkan was displayed on their screens and the huge monitor in front. Unlike the other two, he was in a wine-red suit and with one side of the lips curled up evilly, while sitting on a throne-like chair. He had that hair that was combed back flawlessly, but some strands fell on the side of his forehead. His eyes were deep and hooded. Even in that picture, you could already tell how cunning and menacing his aura was.

"He is a lunatic," Akakios emphasized.

"Lunatic? Like nutjob kind of crazy or the psychotic kind of crazy?" Sven queried quietly.

"I'm afraid to tell you that it's the latter," I replied candidly.

"He is the most dangerous among the three. There is a rumour that this guy is a killer with a death ledger or some kind of death trophy from his victims. For short, he's a serial killer."

Gasps all over the place echoed because of my response to the question.

"How... is he not going to jail!? Is it because he is a Marquis?! What the hell?!" hindi makapaniwalang sambit ni Hope at napatakip ng bibig.

"You mean... a killer, a murderer—a serial at that—could become the next Emperor of the Domain?" Biblee exclaimed while pointing to the picture of Volkan.

Akakios and I bobbed our heads. "There is a possibility of that. He is the next strong candidate because the lower court favours him," I added to clarify.

"How can they support this kind of trash?!" Cleon questioned angrily.

"Rumour..." Akakios pointed out. Napakunot-noo si Cleon at Biblee pati na rin sina Pierce at Thorn dahil do'n.

"You mean... there is no evidence about his gruesome crimes?" Sven questioned dangerously.

"Binggo!" I pointed out and smirked secretly. "There is no evidence or anything that can prove Volkan's murders. Thus he still has the support of the lower court, but not all of them are supporting him."

"Abelard must be covering his crimes because he is a killer, too," Akira murmured. "Looks like the blood of criminals is flowing strongly in those siblings," he added with a slight tone of mockery.

"This is crazy..." Pierce mumbled while looking at the files that were displayed on their holograms. All the candidate heirs, and the Marquis family. They were all crazy.

"That's why the whole Eviralle is doomed if they are not overthrown," Luna declared, and we all agreed. There were few murmurs because of the information that we presented. It was not easy to take in, but it made things more transparent on what kind of world they would soon enter.

They tried to process all the information and files that we told them. They scanned on more details about them and threw some questions in between. After that discussion, we proceeded to explore the other clans that filled the Domain's court.

"There are other powerful and reputable clans in the Domain, and one of that is the Chapelle. The Chapelle is the newly formed clan of the Empress that was killed by Silhoue, and the clan is holding the lives of your grandparents," Akakios uttered without blinking while gazing at my siblings.

I saw how Justice and Rebel's hand balled in to fists, and how Gabby and Law gritted their jaws. Their faces darkened, and they already locked their targets. Kagaya nila, kakaibang pag-aalab din ang naramdaman ko sa puso.

"There are also the Saude who don't like the big three clans. The Saude are the ones from the South—the clan that my mother is from." Napangiti naman ang ilan sa amin nang sabihin 'yon ni Akakios. Kahit papaano nandyan ang mga Saude, ang kaso lang... hindi gano'n kalaki ang kapangyarihan at impluwensya nila sa Domain.

"And the Thomure clan that is the Empress Emily's clan," Akakios continued calmly.

"The Thomure is the next powerful who controls the court aside from the big three. They have a vast faction under them. And they are still kind of neutral in the selection for the next heir. That's why Volkan and Griffin are targeting them." We showed them the clans under the Thomure and they gasped because that was a lot, too.

May ilan pang nasa higher court at sinabi rin namin 'to. I found it a little funny because although they were a bit familiar with them because of Master Gideon, they were still confused. After all, there was really a lot of knowledge to take in.

"There is also the lower court like the Juppin clan, who are the most loyal dog to the Marquis. They like to arrange marriage and most daughters from this clan are all over the place. Also, the Della clan who are kissing the higher court's ass," I vocalized plainly then explained the other clans who were part of the lower court.

"Break muna! Grabe, nahihilo sa dami no'ng mga clan-clan na 'yan!" naka-pout na sabi ni Biblee.

"Clash of clans na lang oh, bakit ba kasi may pausong ganyan ang Domain, ay!" reklamo rin ni Cleon, kaya naman nagkatawanan kami nang kaunti dahil do'n.

Our parents giggled a little, too, making the air in the room lighter. They joked around for the little break that we had. Some asked questions, but most tried to take in everything about the Domain and how huge it was.

"Jusko! Buti na lang sa labanan ng buto ako mapapasabak, iyak na kapag sa talino!" natatawang imik ni Tita Alyx.

"Flip hair mo lang po, Tita Dyosa, no need to fight, mababaliw na 'yon sa 'yo!" Luna laughed.

"Iba talaga kamandag ni Misis, 'di ba?" loko pa ni Tito Thon.

"Oh, front line n'yo na raw 'yong mag-asawang hulog ng langit—este hinulog ng langit," tawa ni Tito Kurt habang nang-aasar. Kaya naman sinamaan s'ya ng tingin no'ng mag-asawa. "Oh, babe, oh, tingnan mo 'yong dalawa," sumbong nito kay Tita Tiara.

"Under!" tawa ni Tito Tim at Tito JJ.

"Parang hindi sila," Tito Skyler scoffed.

"Oy, aming leader, grabe ka manlaglag?" sagot ni Tito JJ, kaya naman humalakhak habang pumapalakpak si Tita Annicka, at napasimangot si Tito Skyler sa kanya.

"Oh, si Eugene ba, under?" biglang imik ni Tita Lian habang nakatingin kay Tito Eugene na nakaakbay kay Tita Cassy. Tita Cassy laughed softly while shaking her head.

"Nah, there's no such thing," Tito Eugene spoke with a grin.

"Oh, really?" Tita Cassy challenged.

"I was kidding, okay?" Tito Eugene replied while pouting a little, and we all laughed.

"Geez," Kalix remarked while rolling his eyes seeing his parents being sweet in front of others. "Bitter mo, Kuya!" Katniss teased while cackling. Hindi naman s'ya pinansin ni Kalix kaya natawa ang parents nila sa kanilang dalawa.

Nagkaro'n ng kaunting kwentuhan dahil do'n. Momo and Dada were talking to Isolde and Master Gideon silently, and the others were loud. The Apocalypse were also conversing with each other and teasing some of the Pasaways.

Saint was annoying Nicasia. Pero isang masamang tingin lang ni Nicasia, parang tuta na kaagad si Saint. Yvo would shake his head at them, and Caerus would talk to Saint after. Si Sloane naman kasigawan si Cleon. Kahit papaano nakakatuwa ang nangyayari.

After a short while, Master Gideon told us to start the discussion again about the Domain. We agreed because we didn't have all the time in the world for this.

"What's the plan?" Nicasia asked keenly. Napangisi ako kasi ang lakas ng dating n'ya at ang ganda n'ya rin. Looked like Saint chose the right woman, huh?

"Once we are in the Domain, we'll get to business. First plan, is to make Akakios one of the candidates for the heirs." Ngumisi kaagad ako sa unang planong sinabi ko sa kanila. "Without revealing that he's a de Castelian to the Marquis," I continued with a small grin.

"Talk about mission impossible," Kalix mentioned while shaking his head.

"That is the first plan? How are we going to move forward if the first step is already doomed to fail?" seconded Sloane with a knotted forehead.

I couldn't blame the two Crowns because that was a challenging first step—more like a leap.

"Why can't we reveal that he's a de Castelian? Isn't it more plausible to get the throne if they know his real origins? I mean, hello, that's the royal there," Tita Tiara chimed in with one eyebrow flicked upwards.

"A royal that was dethroned," corrected Tito Takashi with a dark gaze, and one end of his lips was curved upwards minimally.

"You can't put him at the hyenas openly, Tiara," Tita Lian replied in a gentle voice. Napatango naman si Tita Tiara dahil do'n.

"But how are we supposed to make him part of the candidates?" tanong ni Tita Shana nang seryoso.

"Now we need the South in this. We need to convince the South to be a part of our alliance. The Saude needs to make him their leader," Isolde answered thoughtfully, and she stood up from her seat and the massive screen in front changed to the geography of the Eviralle, and it went to the South part.

"This is the South of Eviralle, and this is where Alas's mother is from. This place is not that modern compared to other parts of Eviralle. For short, napag-iwanan na sila," matapang na sambit ni Isolde.

"Now, their leader is a good one, but he lacks the support of the Domain. He kept submitting different laws to help their land, but it is always dismissed because of the big three. And also because of the Emperor. To keep them to their ruin," she added while showing the picture of a dignified old man.

He was rough looking with a white beard. His eyes were squinted with lines on them because of his old age. Despite that, he still seemed so courageous, like a true warrior.

"You know how angry Abelard is to the South... because of Agnyska," malugkot na dagdag ko.

"Now, Akakios needs to make the South trust him. Iahon nang kaunti sa nangyayari sa kanila," I spoke while sighing. "Once there is rapport between them, that will be our base in this war," matigas at madiin na pahayag ko.

"But how does that make him a candidate? Isa-suggest ng Saude sa Domain?" nalilitong tanong ni Yvo.

"No, Alas needs to be on the Empress registry to make him a candidate and a strong one." Their eyes widened when it was Master Gideon that answered the query. Kabado kaagad silang lahat dahil sa tikas at lakas ng dating nito.

"Woah, there," Sven suddenly interrupted. "This is messed up; how is Alas' candidacy for being the next heir connected to the Saude and the South?" he asked with brows meeting in a thin line.

"Once there is a good relationship with the South and the Saude, that is when the Empress will come in," I started while looking at Sven intensely.

"Huh?" almost all of them chorused. Hindi maintindihan ang sinabi ko. I gazed at the intently.

"The Saude will need to introduce Alas to the Empress." Automatikong sumilay ang isang ngisi sa labi ko nang sabihin 'yon ni Isolde.

"Akakios can't suddenly meet the Empress, she is still a royalty in Eviralle, and you need a medium especially in that of discussion about registry and being one of the nominee... and the key for that is the Saude."

I felt like the temperature in the air dropped a little because of how the conversation was going.

"Woah," Luna exclaimed a little and hugged herself. Amaze on how everything was so calculated.

"And once we meet the Empress. That is when Akakios would need to convince her to put him on the Thomure registry. By this time, if the Empress gets suspicious where he is from, the South can back him," Isolde clarified more.

Napatango-tango silang lahat sa pagkamangha kung paanong nagdudugtong-dugtong ang lahat.

"If we fail to convince her?" sabat ni Tito Takeshi.

"Then maybe I'd offer your life?" Isolde rolled her eyes at him and I cackled at them, especially when Tito Takeshi pouted.

"Alas will surely get Her Majesty to agree, just one command, you know," laughed Tito Trevor.

"Gago!" tawa ni Tito Takeshi, ang lutong no'n ah. Natawa na rin tuloy 'yong iba.

"As if, it'd be that easy. That woman is from Eviralle, and you know how freaking scary that country is," iiling-iling na imik naman ni Tito Clio sa kanila.

"Well, point taken." Tito Trevor shrugged his shoulders.

"Cinque, Quattro, Tres," Momo suddenly called with an ice-cold voice. Napalunok 'yong tatlo at natigilan sa ginagawa nila. Sinamaan din ako ng tingin ni Momo kaya mabilis akong natago sa likod ni Akakios. Pangisi-ngisi lang naman si Dada sa akin.

I heard Akakios' soft laughter. But the atmosphere became more serious.

"How is it going to work, though?" Saint vocalized after the silence in the air. Napabuntonghininga naman ako ro'n.

"That's up to Alas to bargain with her. But everyone must be ready for the request she will present. And we need to give her something as a first offering," Master Gideon declared seriously. Napalunok ako saglit dahil do'n, pero si Akakios kalmado lang habang hawak ang kamay ko.

"What offering?" curious na pagtatanong ni Nicasia.

"Dragon's Crest." Napanganga ang halos lahat ng Pasaways dahil sa naging sagot ko.

"But we lost it!" Hope said in agony.

"Not really," natatawang sagot naman ni Sloane, at saka ngumisi.

"Huh?" Thorn asked confusingly.

"We got it," Caerus declared to the Pasaways and they shrieked in shock. Natawa ako kasi hindi pala alam ng mga 'yon na nakahuha ng Crowns ang Dragon's Crest. Nakuha nila 'yon no'ng labanan nila ang Senses.

"But why that?" Pierce queried while staring at us intently.

"Because the Dragon's Crest is something that displays wealth, and the Empress could wish anything in the Diablo's Territory—basta kaya nila. That's a good item to offer to her." Kita ko naman kaagad ang bilib nila dahil do'n.

"Plus, I will return something to Eviralle that the Empress cannot ignore," dagdag ko habang nakangisi.

"Ano?" halos sabay-sabay na tanong nila.

"The Sinner's Crown. You know that Crown was initially theirs, and it's the Empress Crown. That alone could give more power and reputation to the Empress." Pumalakpak naman si Biblee habang umiiling.

"Grabe kayo na! Akala ko trip n'yo lang ipahanap 'yon dati! 'Tapos ngayon, kasama pala 'yon sa great plan na 'to!" she added with a mouth open. Natawa naman kami ni Akakios sa kanya. Kulit talaga no'n.

"Through those offerings, the Empress would indeed consider having a good conversation with Alas, but she'd surely demand more. Since Alas would not be just asking for a registry in their clan, but also for another purpose," Isolde spoke suddenly and everyone's eyes focused on her.

"There's more?" nakataas ang isang kilay na tanong ni Kalix.

"Woah, this is getting more complicated," Katniss added in shock.

"For the Empress to pass a law regarding the South. You know she has a huge faction, plus there are other clans who will agree for the sake of the Saude. We need this one to be enacted to move on in our plans," I explained to them.

"So, that's the first super duper uber complicated plan?" pagtatanong ni Luna.

We nodded at her. It was just the start.

"We need the South's trust and people to connect us to the Empress. And through that, Alas would be in her registry, and there would be a give-and-take conversation. At pagkatapos no'n dapat ready tayo sa gugustuhin ng Empress, at kailangan may maipasa na batas para sa South. Ain't that it?" Saint summarized, and we nodded to agree.

Their lips parted on how complicated it the plan was. That was how it works; we are not after an organization; we were going against a Monarchy... a country... the Domain.

"Wait... what law are you going to propose to her?" Theon inquired with narrowing eyes.

"Self-governing," Akakios answered without batting an eyelid.

Their eyes grew wide open. They couldn't believe what they heard. The pressure once again took over in the air. I was sure they felt the goosebumps I was feeling.

"That's—that's not going to be passed..." Halos ibulong na 'yon nina Honoka, Harper, at Art. They knew how complicated that one was, and they knew it wouldn't be passed so easily, especially if it was the South that would be the center of it.

"Abelard hates the South; they are oppressing it to make it poorer and for it not to be modern... so why would this law be ratified if the big three exist in the Domain...?" Sloane said in a pressing tone. We nodded to concur.

"That's why we need the Empress. Only her faction could make a difference, as we convince the others, too," Yvo replied to her. Napatango na lang si Sloane at napahawak sa noo. Hindi akalain na ganito magiging kakumplikado ang lahat.

"The South needs to be self-governing for us to start our base in there. Through that, we'd be able to start our next plans. And to make South a vital region that would face the Eviralle and the Domain," Akakios declared powerfully.

"We are going to make the South like a country... But not really a country..." Nakangising sambit ko habang naglalakad nang kaunti sa unahan bago tumigil sa gitna.

The tension rose in the air and they quivered a little with how it sounded. Hindi ko na kontrolado ang buong laro kagaya ng ginagawa ko dati, napakadaming aspeto na hindi ko hawak, kaya iba ang kaba sa dibdib ko.

Hawak ko ang buhay nila sa mga plano na 'to. Hawak ni Akakios ang buhay nila sa magiging resulta na 'to.

The most dangerous game was catching up to us... and we must be prepared to lose but to rise stronger again.

"We'll do this..." Napatingin kaagad ako sa isang tao na ngayon pa lang nagsalita matapos ang mahabang katahimikan.

"Law..." I whispered.

"We'll succeed in this game." Ngisi ni Justice at saka tumayo sa kinauupuan n'ya. "Oh, takot na kayo, hindi pa nga nagsisimula?" he added laughingly.

Everyone sighed simultaneously. "Who says?" Luna stood up from her seat, too.

"We'll run to this entangled maze strongly, and we will show them that we are going to take the throne." Rebel smirked and stood up, too.

"Are you still going to fight with us?" Law questioned in a deep and hoarse voice as he slowly stood up from his seat and looked at all of them with arms crossed.

"That shouldn't be asked," Harper answered with a grin.

And with that, everyone agreed with our first plan and how it would commence. We discussed other important things after and the pressure just rose everytime. Kita mo rin kung gaano kaseryoso ang lahat sa mga mangyayari.

I was proud of them. To see them so strong and one in this game.

But... there was that feeling of uneasiness in me.

Be careful... for the moon can get burned and the ones near her would befall on bloodshed and danger.

Those words echoed inside my head.

I... I was the one who walked in this path willingly, even with all the warnings and all the others did to separate me from Akakios. Was this really the only path? Would my heart be ready to take all the heartaches that was approaching?

I closed my eyes, and I only saw how the fire was catching fast each one of us... And we must burn, to rise from its flame.

***

Merry Christmas, Crowns! 🎄 Always take care and love you all! 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 10.1K 66
For Sebastian Lerwick, being a good father, a loving husband, and a loyal member of the mafia are his top priorities. But when he's given a mission t...