two- the ravenclaws

Start from the beginning

"We have two staffing changes this year- We are pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who will be organizing Care of Magical Creatures lessons, and we are also delighted to introduce Professor Umbridge, our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

There was a round of unenthusiastic applause, where Cassie, Hermione, Ron, and Harry exchanged panicked looks- Dumbledore never said now long Hagrid's replacement would be staying.

"Quidditch tryouts will take place on the-"

"Hem hem." said the Umbridge professor. As she stood it was obvious she was a very short woman. She made her way to the podium, intending to make a speech.

Dumbledore looked taken back for a moment, before gesturing for the front and sitting down smartly.

"Thank you for those kind words, Headmaster." Professor Umbridge spoke on a high pitched, girly voice.

"It is so lovely to be back at Hogwarts! To see all your smiling faces looking up at me!"

No one was smiling.

"I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, I'm sure we'll be very good friends!"

"As long as we don't have to wear matching cardigans." Cassie whispered to her group, causing everyone to hold back their laughs. She then began to doze out of the Professor's speech, and rested her head in her arms. After a few moments she lifted her head again, looking towards the Ravenclaw table. Instead of noticing Timothée, she noticed Cho Chang and her friend group talking and glancing in her direction. Cassie knew a couple of their names- Marietta Edgecombe, Madison Greenway, JJ Jareau, and Gael Hotchner. Cassie was on good terms with Cho, being partnered with her on occasions, however wasn't familiar with the others. There eyes lingering in her direction made her uncomfortable and drew her attention back to her Gryffindor friends.

"Well what does this mean?" asked Ron.

"I'll tell you what it means." said Hermione. "It means the Ministry's interfering with Hogwarts."

A sudden chatter arose and Cassie assumed Dumbledore has dismissed everyone. Everyone got up and Hermione looked flustered.

"Ron, we have to show the first years where to go!"

"Oh right." he said lousily. "H-hey you! Midgets!"

"Ronald!"

"Well have you seen them?" he asked.

The two bickered for a second then began to call for the first years to lead them. Harry seemed to be smiling at a first year, his smile soon disappeared after the first year whispered something to his friend.

"Coming?" asked Cassie, smiling at Harry.

"Go on without me, I'll see you in the common room." he replied.

"Alright." said Cassie, and she began to walk out the Great Hall. When she walked out, she noticed the Ravenclaw girls from before. One of them tapped Cho on the shoulder and pointed in Cassie's direction, and they soon began making their way to her.

Oh Merlin.

"Cassie! Hey!" said Cho cheerily.

"Cho, hi! What can I do for you?" asked Cassie, holding a charming smile.

"My friends and I were wondering if you'd like to come with us to Hogsmeade on the first trip- or sit with us at meals maybe."

Cassie was somewhat taken back by this. Their group would barely talk to fellow Ravenclaws, let alone Gryffindors. "If you're all okay with it, sure- sounds fun."

"Great! Gael actually wanted to ask you about your hair so she'll be excited that you're joining us."

Cassie let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah of course. I told Harry I'd meet him in the common room, so I'll see you around."

"Harry- yea, goodnight Cassie!" said Cho.

"Goodnight Cho."

Cassie made her way to the common room, with greetings from different students on the way. When she came to the common room entrance, she realized she didn't know the password.

"Harry!" she said, noticing the boy behind her. "You don't happen to know the password, do you?"

Harry shook his head, before Neville came running up to them.

"I know it! I'm gonna be able to memorize it this time-" Neville turned to the Fat Lady. "Mimbuius mimbletonia!"

The portrait swung open to reveal the cozy common room: students gathered by the fire, the fire crackling while releasing a wood smell, Fred and George hanging up paper on the notice board. Cassie decided she was too tired to socialize.

"Goodnight Harry, Goodnight Neville." said Cassie with a smile on her face. She ran up to her dormitory to everyone awake and chattering, besides Hermione who was playing with Crookshanks. Cassie made her way to her bed until she was stopped by Padma and Lavender.

"Why did Cho talk to you?" asked Lavender curiously.

"We just talked.." said Cassie. Lavender had been trying to get into their group for years, and Cassie was afraid of being murdered in her sleep if she found out of Cassie's invite.

"About?"

"I- well.."

"Drop it Lavender, she doesn't wanna talk about it." said Padma, sending Cassie a knowing looking.

Thank you, Cassie mouthed and earned a nod from Padma.

Cassie quickly got changed, did her nighttime routine, and shut her bed curtains to sleep.