nine- quidditch changes

"Geoffrey whines too much, I don't think he'd be a good fit." said Cassie to Peter.

Quidditch tryouts just happened and Cassie was the unofficial co-captain, which meant she got to help Peter decide who would be replacing Wood as keeper.

"Yea but Vicky's said so herself that if training clashed with Charms club she'd put Charms first." replied Peter.

"We have another candidate, y'know.." said Cassie.

Peter thought for a moment. "I know he's your friend but is he really a good fit?"

"I don't see what other option we have, and Harry and I can always help him." pleated Cassie. "C'mon I believe in him- he's a good team player and everyone can improve some way."

Peter shot her a look.

"Except for you- of course." Cassie said sheepishly.

He smiled and shook his head. "Fine- but code of secrecy still counts. Don't run off and tell him now- wait until I post the results, alright?"

"You got it, Captain." said Cassie, going in for a fist bump but soon getting rejected by Peter. "You're gonna give in one day, I can feel it."

"I don't think so."

"Yea yea, I'll see you at the common room- have you got butter beer for the team?" asked Cassie with a pressuring smile.

"Now that I've got. See you soon."

News quickly hit the Quidditch applicants that Ron had made keeper, which led to a butter beer celebration. Even Hermione seemed joyed for the ginger, and took one too many butter beers.

"Hermione maybe you should put down the butter beer..." said Cassie, trying to grab the glass from the girl's hand. "You didn't sleep much last night and this isn't healthy."

"Noooo Cassie...I'm fine- trust." said Hermione, waving her hand to excuse the girl's suggestion.

Harry soon came through the portrait hole and was greeted by Ron who looked over excited. Soon after, Ron pointed in Cassie and Hermione's direction and Harry made his way over.

"Harry, hey." said Cassie.

Hermione jolted up to the sound of Harry. "Oh Harry it's you..good news about Ron, yes? I'm just so-so-so tired." she yawned. "I was up till one making more hats- they're disappearing like mad!"

"T-thats great- listen you two.." Harry then explained his theory on how he's worried Voldemort's controlling Umbridge like he controlled Quirrel.

"It's a possibility isn't it?" he asked.

"I suppose so.." said Hermione. "But I don't think he can be possessing her the way he possessed Quirrel, I mean, he's properly alive now and he's got his own body. He could have her under the Imperius Curse, I suppose.."

Their attention was soon drawn to Fred, George, and Lee juggling empty beer bottles for a moment.

"But last year when your scar hurt when nobody was touching you, and didn't Dumbledore say it had to do with what You-Know-Who was feeling at the time? I mean, maybe this hasn't got anything to do with Umbridge at all, maybe it's just coincidence it happened while you were with her?"

"She's evil, twisted." said Harry flatly.

"She's horrible, yes but I think you ought to tell Dumbledore your scar hurt." said Hermione thoughtfully.

"Cassie?" Harry asked, turning to the quiet girl.

"I think you should tell Dumbledore about your scar hurting, just don't tell him too much." said Cassie, earning a nod from Harry.