sixteen- gryffindor vs slytherin

For the next two weeks, every DA member couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces. Keeping a big secret from Umbridge knowing they were doing the very thing she feared only boosted everyone's adrenaline. Cassie had met with Edmund multiple times and became much closer with the boy over the weeks. She felt guilty not being able to invite him to the DA meetings, and decided to bring the meetings to him.

"Edmund? You here?" asked Cassie, opening the door to the Astronomy Tower.

"Here!" Edmund replied excitedly. "What's in your hands?"

Cassie pulled out the book from behind her and showed it to him. "Self Defensive Spellwork."

"Self Defensive Spellwork?" asked Edmund. "What's that for?"

"I want to show you some spells I learned."

A smile crept onto Edmund's face, "Well what are we waiting around for? Show me."

Cassie's smile increased and she grabbed two cushions and put them across to each other on the ground. She sat on one of the cushions and gestured for Edmund to sit on the other.

"You want me to sit?" he asked surprisingly.

Cassie nodded sheepishly as he sat down and she opened the book.

"Don't tell anyone about this." said Edmund.

Shaking her head with a smile, she looked through the book and found a spell. "Ready?"

"Ready."

After an hour of practicing, Cassie began to yawn and gather Edmund's attention.

"Can we call it a night?" asked Edmund, seeing the tired girl.

"I mean, if you want I'm okay with it." said Cassie while giving a sweet smile as she stood and gathered her belongings.

"Wait Cassie," said Edmund, "where did you get that book?"

Cassie looked startled for a moment, "Hermione gave it to me since Umbridge isn't teaching us."

Edmund looked somewhat relieved after hearing her answer and threw the girl a smile, "Alright, just wondering. Goodnight, Cassie."

"Goodnight, Edmund."

-

At the next DA meeting, Hermione showed the group a collection of coins that would change to show the time of the next meeting. Soon October came to an end and November arrived, meaning Gryffindor was versing Slytherin in Quidditch.

As Cassie walked in the Great Hall, she was excited to see the scarlet support throughout the tables. She excitedly waved at Louis, Rolf, and Timothée after seeing them wear Gryffindor scarves, and threw a quick smile to Edmund, who only smirked back.

"Ron, are you alright?" Cassie asked the ginger as she sat down next to him.

"I must've been mental to do this." he said in a whisper. "Mental."

"Don't be thick," said Harry firmly, "it's normal to be nervous, you're going to do fine."

"I'm rubbish." Ron croaked. "I'm lousy, can't play to save my life. What was I thinking?"

"Get a grip." said Harry sternly. "That save you made the other day was amazing, even Fred and George said it was brilliant."

"It was an accident." Ron replied, dropping his utensils angrily.

"Just- make another accident and you'll be great." said Cassie, earning a look from Harry. "I mean- not that you won't be great, it's just- never mind I'm not sure where I'm going with this."