twenty four- valentine's part 1

A lot can happen in a month. Feelings can grow in more ways than one, which is the case with Cassie and Edmund. They'd grown more comfortable, and when you saw one, the other was to the right of. Times of laughing in the Astronomy Tower, reading in the library, eating in the Great Hall- they spent too much time together to not feel as they do, however they thought differently.

It's too soon. They told themselves, second guessing their decisions. Cassie would tell herself that, then be confused on the butterflies in her stomach appearing when she was around him. Edmund would tell himself that, then be confused from the sudden nervousness appearing when asked Cassie to hang out.

January had passed, leaving behind snow but moving along with feelings and bitter cold. Now that it was February, everyone was talking about the upcoming holiday- Valentine's Day.

Cassie and Edmund were asked by an unhealthy amount of people, all of them rejected by the two. Eventually people found out the two were hanging out together, unsure what to think. The day Peter found out was the weirdest day of their lives.

"CASSIOPEIA SCAMANDER AND EDMUND PEVENSIE YOU COME HERE." said Peter at the entrance of the Great Hall.

"What did we do?" asked Cassie, slowly standing up. "I left my wand in my dorm if we need to fight."

Edmund laughed, "He's probably being dramatic, we haven't done anything."

When they arrived at the entrance, Peter grabbed both of them by the arm, not realizing how hard he'd grab them.

Cassie winced, causing Edmund to eye Peter.

"You don't have to grab her so hard." said Edmund, glaring down his brother.

"No- you don't get to talk." said Peter, however still dropped their arms once they turned the corner. "You didn't tell us you two were dating!"

"I didn't know either-" said Cassie, turning to Edmund, "did you know we're dating?"

"News to me." Edmund said, now looking at Peter. "Who said that?"

"Rolf and Lucy!"

"Rolf? What did Rolf say?" asked Cassie.

"He said he saw you two kissing." Peter argued, now crossing his arms. "And Lucy said she saw you two whispering all secret and you two were spending Valentine's Day together."

"Okay one, we weren't kissing kissing. Two, we are spending Valentine's Day together but- like-" said Edmund, now unsure on where to lead the conversation.

"W-what?" asked Peter, now seeming upset. "You aren't dating?"

"No?" said Cassie.

"I'm gonna take it you're not coming over for Easter break, either?" he asked again.

"Er- no?"

"This is so embarrassing.." mumbled Edmund, rubbing his forehead. "Could we leave now?"

"Oh, yeah- sorry. Lucy just got me excited." Peter said, somewhat mumbling the last part.

"Right.." said Edmund. "C'mon, Cass."

"Alright..bye Peter."

After that, they both forgot about the conversation. Cassie hadn't known, but Edmund cornered Lucy to argue with her about embarrassing the two. Following the two weeks, Valentine's Day came by faster than expected.

The morning of, Cassie wasn't sure what to dress for. She was pretty sure she knew why it was taking longer than usual to get ready for the past couple of months, however didn't know what to think of it. Wearing a solid brown pullover and tan cargo-like pants, she applied slight makeup and made her way to breakfast. Spotting Hermione, she sat next to her quickly.