twenty one- hogsmeade

A/N: ik this chapter is longer than usual, i hope you all love it as much as i do bc i'm obsessed w it

Feeling movement from behind and next to her, Cassie woke up on January 1, 1996 with a smile on her face. Memories from the night before filled her head as she gained consciousness, and it seemed the same was going on with whatever was moving next to her. Lifting her head up, Cassie noticed the boy she fell asleep on grinning down at her.

Immediately jumping up from the bed, Cassie noticed the smirk on Edmund's face. "Er- good morning, Ed."

"Good morning, Cass." he said, sniggeringly. "Happy New Year."

"Oh- did I fall asleep before midnight?" she asked, earning a nod from Edmund. "I'm sorry, Happy New Year."

"It's alright, I fell asleep too." he told her reassuringly. Edmund didn't regret kissing her head, and frankly he had a feeling she wouldn't have minded, but seeing her flustered in the moment- he decided not to tell her. "I'm going to shower, meet you at breakfast?"

"Yep!" said Cassie, mentally cursing herself. "Yeah, see you at breakfast."

Edmund couldn't help but smile at how Cassie has been acting around him. He didn't want to assume anything, seeing as he got red around her also. Drowning in their thoughts, they both showered and got ready to meet each other at breakfast- both taking longer than usual.

Cassie showed up to breakfast first, shooting the professors smiles as she sat down. She noticed Professor McGonagall looking at her, then at something behind her at the entrance of the Great Hall. Looking back, Cassie saw Edmund and shot him a wave.

"Sorry I'm late, the walk was longer than usual." he said, taking the seat next to her.

"It's alright- crepe?" she asked, handing him the plate.

He smiled, "You know me too well."

From behind is back, Edmund pulled two books out from behind his back and handed one to Cassie.

"And you know me too well." said Cassie.

Sitting in warm silence, the two ate their breakfast as they read their books like every other day. As mentioned before, their silence was enough. Looking around the table, Cassie noticed the other students missing.

"Where are the other people who stayed home for the holidays?" asked Cassie.

Edmund looked up, seeing the same missing students. "Maybe they slept in. Everyone returns tomorrow, and last night had some celebration. Either way, more for us." he added jokingly.

Cassie gave a small laugh. Feeling eyes on her, she decided to look to her left and noticed McGonagall once again staring at her, now with a pleasant smile on her face and her eyes flickering between her and Edmund. Cassie shot her a confused smile back, and directed her attention back to Edmund- who was already staring at her with a smile.

"Do I have something on my face?" she asked, grabbing a napkin and dabbing the corners of her mouth.

"No, that's not it." he said, now turning red. "You look really pretty today."

Cassie gave a small smile and looked down, attempting to hide the fact that her face was heating up. "Thank you, Ed. You don't look too bad yourself." she said nervously, looking him in the eye.

"Well aren't you a charmer?" he asked smirkingly, returning back to his meal. "What do you want to do today? Last day of holiday."

"Are we allowed at Hogsmeade today?" asked Cassie, earning Edmund to shake his head. Cassie thought for a moment, a smile approaching her face once a plan came to mind. "Are you done eating?"