twenty six- tracey davies

Cassie had trouble containing her smile that dinner. They'd both agreed to not tell anyone about their new relationship until Cassie told Hermione, which would be after dinner the next day.

Word had gone around that Harry had done an interview with Rita exposing what happened the night of Voldemort's return, and all throughout Sunday's supper people had confronted him and showed their support. Cassie and Ron had Quidditch practice late on Monday night and had not gone to dinner yet.

Sulking into the Great Hall, Cassie and Ron walked over to the bench Monday night, happy to see Harry, Ron, and Edmund already seated.  Harry looked upset and flustered as they approached, but they both excused his actions and just wanted food.

"Well, they should!" said Harry. "Then I could've just told her I fancy her, and she wouldn't have had to get herself all worked up about Cedric dying!"

Cassie leaned into Edmund, "What's he on about?"

"He's talking about his date with Cho," Edmund whispered back, slightly closer than usual.

"I'm not saying it was sensible," said Hermione as Ginny joined them just as tired, "I'm trying to make you see how she was feeling at the time."

"You should write a book, translating mad things girls for so boys can understand them." said Ron, cutting into his potatoes.

Cassie looked at Edmund, who only smirked back.

"So how was Quidditch practice?" asked Harry.

Practice was quite fun for Cassie, however Ginny had just joined as the new seeker and was being pushed to her limits, and Ron- is Ron.

"It was a nightmare." Ron said angrily.

"Oh come on," began Hermione, "I'm sure it wasn't that-"

"Not for Cassie, but even Peter was almost in tears by the end of it." said Ginny, causing Edmund to raise his eyebrows at Cassie who only nodded back with a smile.

After dinner, Cassie went to take a bath before starting the usual pile of homework. She took her time in the hot water as it rushed over her sore body. Rinsing the last of conditioner out, she dressed in a Quidditch shirt and an pair of shorts and began her homework in her dorm. Cassie was fiddling and doodling as she waited for Hermione to come up, for she was going to tell her about Edmund. This happened about 15 minutes after 9.

"Mione- can we-er- talk?" asked Cassie nervously.

"Of course, are you alright?"

"Yep- yep. Just, take a seat, will you?" Cassie said, patting her bed for Hermione to sit. After she did, Cassie drew the curtains and sat across from her. "So I have news."

"Are you dating Edmund?" Hermione asked, smiling.

"Well- that wasn't how I planned this going," began Cassie, laughing nervously, "but yes, we're dating."

Hermione tried her best to hide her smile but failed miserably, and she soon embraced the girl in a hug, "I'm happy for you, but if he breaks your heart I'll personally handle it myself."

Cassie laughed at her, "Thank you, I knew you'd understand. And I want to tell you that just because we're dating, it doesn't mean you have to tell him everything we do. I understand how important secrecy is in our group."

"Thank you," said Hermione, about to stand but sitting back down. "How are you telling Harry and Ron?"

Cassie shrugged, "We planned on Ed kissing me once he leaves breakfast before me, and Harry and Ron will probably shrug it off."