fourteen- malfoy's plan

Harry had found the group after Care of Magical Creatures and informed them of Sirius's note.

"Well.. what if someone intercepted Hedwig? I mean she's never been hurt on a flight before. has she?" asked Hermione.

"It was sealed and everything. And no one would understand if they didn't know where we'd spoken before." said Harry assuringly.

"It wouldn't be difficult to reseal the scroll by magic, now would it? And if anyone's watching the Floo Network..but I don't see how we can warn him without that being intercepted too!" said Hermione.

They all walked on steps to the dungeons for Potions, all four of them lost in thought until they were recalled by the voice of Draco Malfoy.

"Yeah, Umbridge gave Slytherin Quidditch team the permission to continue straightaway, I asked her first thing this morning. It was almost automatic really...I mean she knows my father well. It'll be interesting to see wether Gryffindor are allowed to keep playing, wont it?"

"Don't rise." Hermione told the three, and they all released their clenched fists. Cassie had never been in a fight, but would be glad if Draco was her first.

"I mean," said Draco, "if it's a question of influence with the Ministry, I don't think they've got much a chance..with what father says, they've been looking for an excuse to sack Arthur Weasley for years.. as for Potter, my father says it's a matter of time before the Ministry has him carted off to St Margo's...apparently they've got a special ward for people whos brains have been addled by magic. And don't get me started on Scamander, thinking Edmund's really befriended her? I mean really..."

Cassie could hear the laughs of Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy from around the corner. Quidditch was on hold so she couldn't get her anger out on that, but the Slytherins looked like a perfect replacement. She began to put her hair up until Hermione grabbed her arm, but Hermione soon got distracted by Neville coming through. Everyone began to hold Neville back giving Cassie the perfect moment to slip through as she put her bag down.

Cassie began to walk up to Draco, unnoticed by his peers as they reeked in laughter.

"Hey, Malfoy!" she yelled, gathering the attention of everyone in the hall. She wasn't 100% sure what she was doing, but she decided to go with it. She hadn't seen the upsetting look Edmund had thrown her.

"Scamander- we were JUST talking about-"

"Fighting, Potter, Weasley, Longbottom, Scamander?" asked Snape behind her, in his usual cold voice. "Ten points from Gryffindor. Release Longbottom, Potter, or it will be detention. All of you, inside."

Cassie gathered her bag and made her way inside, not making eye contact with anyone. She was more confused than angry, why had Neville gone for them and what was Malfoy on about Edmund?

She sat down at the shared table, pulled out her parchment and quills and their copies of One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi. The class was whispering about Neville and some about Cassie until the door shut leaving an echo.

"You will notice," Snape began, "that we have a guest with us today."

Cassie looked up from her parchment and met eyes with Professor Umbridge. Cassie hadn't had a bad encounter with the Professor, but she obviously didn't like the way she treated Harry.

"We are continuing with our Strengthening Solution today. You will find your mixtures as you left them last lesson, it correctly made they should have matured well over the weekend. Instructions on the board, carry on." said Snape, pointing to the board. Cassie was thankful this potion was a solo assignment and not with partners-