nineteen- christmas special

Edmund hasn't had the best Holidays at Pevensie Manor. He had his own tradition- locked in his room, while his family celebrates. He wasn't planning on breaking his tradition this year, but it was interrupted when Cassie walked through his dorm door with his scarf on.

"Happy Christmas!" Cassie said happily, dropping a bag of presents on the floor.

"W-what are you doing?" he asked, confused as he just woke up.

"Well it's Christmas, and you're the only friend I have at Hogwarts right now- so why not spend it together?" she asked him, curious to why he was still in bed. "Why aren't you up? You missed breakfast."

"I wanted to sleep in, I don't usually celebrate the holidays." Edmund told her. "How did you even get here?"

"I know where the entrance for your common room is, and you told me the password the other day- so I grabbed the scarf you gave me to make it seem like I was a Slytherin, and made my way over here." she replied, taking a present out of her bag. "This is for you."

"You got me a gift?"

"Well- yeah, I was thinking of what to get my friends and had a good idea for you. If you didn't get me anything that's okay-" she was interrupted by Edmund getting up and reaching for something under his bed. She didn't realize he was shirtless until he got up, so she began to look around the whole room to ignore his body.

He stood in front of her and handed her the gift. When Edmund noticed her blushful face, he was confused until an 'Oh!' escaped his mouth and he threw a white shirt on.

"Sorry- I didn't want to make you uncomfortable, I wasn't expecting company.." he said slowly, now getting red himself.

"It's alright." she waved it off. "Now, presents?"

"Yes!" Edmund said a little too quickly. "I mean, yes- sure." He straightened out his sheets and motioned for her to sit.

Cassie took off the Slytherin scarf, revealing more of her brown-plaid sweater. She also wore white shoes, and black mom jeans. Her blonde hair was in curls, and her cheeks were rosy.

"You look nice- and pretty." said Edmund, nervously.

"Oh- thank you." she said, now getting redder than her blush. "Want to open them together? The presents?"

"Sure." he then ripped off a piece of wrapping paper, indicating she could too. Edmund told Cassie about his love for books just yesterday, so when he pulled out a book he was confused. Scrolling through the pages, he realized it was a coupon book- made by her.

"One hour of Quidditch practice with Cassie? Cassie will write your essay for you?" he looked at her in awe. "Cassie I-"

"It's bad, isn't it? I wasn't sure what to get you-" He cut her off with a hug and a laugh. "Can I assume you like it?"

"I love it." Edmund replied, a smile stretched across his face. "Do you like yours?"

Edmund had gotten her a necklace with a charm of Cassiopeia. A grin reached her face once she realized what it was, and she engulfed him in a hug again.

"Can I assume you like it?" he asked jokingly.

"I love it." she said, releasing him.

For the next hour, they opened gifts together and compared the books they got. Edmund got dressed, and Cassie put Edmund's scarf back on while they exited his dorm, noticing the two Slytherins that stayed for the holidays sitting in the common room. After lunch, Cassie said she had to write Christmas letters and Edmund offered to go to her dorm with her.