six- lucy pevensie

Cassie decided against telling anyone about her encounter with Edmund. She wouldn't befriend him if it would affect her other friendships, and she had a feeling it wouldn't. The next morning she woke up by Hermione, got ready, and made her way to breakfast- like every other day, however with a bigger smiling Hermione Granger.

"No Snape today." said Harry happily.

"No Hagrid either." said Harry sadly.

Hermione poured herself a cup of coffee, and offered to pour some for everyone else. She looked happier, which made Cassie happier.

"Whats got you so happy?" asked Ron confusingly.

"The hats have gone. Seems the house elves do want freedom after all." Hermione said simply.

"Good for them." said Cassie genuinely, happy for Hermione.

"I wouldn't bet on it." said Ron rudely. "They might not count as clothes, and they don't look like hats to me- more like woolly bladders."

"That's very rude, Ron." said Cassie, chasing Hermione out of the Great Hall.

Cassie had a feeling they wouldn't be talking for a while.

Charms and Transfiguration were not fun classes today. For the first fifteen minutes, each teacher discussed the importance of OWLs. Both classes ended with loads of homework for every students besides Hermione who got excused from Transfiguration for successfully performing the vanishing spell.

Cassie spent the lunch hour in the library with Hermione. Hermione decided against sitting with Harry and Ron, and Cassie decided to join her to catch up on homework. After an interesting Care of Magical Creatures lesson, the group made their way to Herbology until they were stopped by Luna.

"I believe He Who Must Not Be Named is back and I believe you fought him and escaped from him." said Luna.

"Er- right." said Harry awkwardly. He seemed to have notice orange radish earrings Luna was wearing.

"You can laugh," said Luna referring to Lavender and Parvati, "but people used to believe that there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple Horned Snorkack!"

"Well they were right weren't they?" snapped Hermione impatiently.

Luna gave a cold look and walked away, laughter increasing around her as her earrings dangled.

"That was kind of rude." said Cassie quietly but loud enough for them all to hear.

"Yea Cassie's right- d'you mind not offending the only people who believe me?" Harry asked Hermione as they entered the classroom.

"Oh heavens sake- you two don't see it. Ginny's told me all about her, she'll only believe things as long as there's no proof at all- her father does run The Quibbler after all." Hermione said. Before Harry could reply, Ernie Macmillan came up to the lot.

"I want you to know, Potter, that it's not only weirdos who support you- I personally believe you one hundred percent. My family has always been firm behind Dumbledore, and so have I." he said raising his voice.

"Er- thanks very much, Ernie." said Harry sounding pleased.

"Bye Harry, Cassie." said Ernie shooting the girl a smile.

"Bye Ernie!" Cassie said, raising her hand for a slight wave.

"Someone's popular." said Ron, looking disgusted. "Why the Hufflepuffs?"

"Why not?" said Cassie looking offended, moving her seat to the other side of Harry.

Professor Sprout started the lesson with the same lecture given by every other teacher about OWLs. After the lesson and being assigned an essay, the Gryffindors lounged back to the castle drenched in the smell of dragon dung.

Since Harry had his first detention that night, the four made their way to dinner before a talk with Peter Pevensie- Gryffindor Quidditch captain.

"Oi, Potter- Scamander!" Peter yelled to the group.

"Peter- how can we help you?" asked Cassie, looking up to the tall figure.

"Harry here knows." said Peter angrily.

"Oh- keeper tryouts!" said Harry.

"Now he remembers!" snarled Peter. "Didn't I tell you I want the whole team? Didn't I tell you about booking the pitch specifically? And look who's too busy catching detentions on his first week!"

"I didn't decide not to be there!" barked Harry. "I got detention from Umbridge, all because I told her the truth about You Know Who."

Peter seemed to soften at his words and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Look Harry- I know everything's going on right now, but I want you to know the Pevensies support you. Not sure about Edmund, but the rest of us are behind you and Dumbledore. Now if you could really show up on Friday, I'd appreciate it." he then turned to Cassie. "I can count on my chaser to come, yes?"

"You betcha." said Cassie with an eager smile.

"Great. See you Friday- both of you!" said Peter, speed walking in the direction of Gryffindor Tower.

"What d'you reckon are the odds Umbridge let's you off this Friday?" asked Ron as they sat at the Gryffindor table.

"Less than zero." Harry said while grabbing lamb chops. "Better ask, anyway- I'll offer more detentions or something. I hope she doesn't keep me too long this evening- you know how much homework we've gotten?"

Ron threw his head back and groaned. "And it's raining."

"What's that got to do with our homework?" asked Hermione.

"Nothing." Ron said too quickly, his ears reddening.

Cassie was too confused by this interaction and decided not to have a go at it. She then pulled out her essays and began to write, ignoring the chatter of students around her. It seemed as though every fifth year had their nose in a book, and no one seemed to notice.

"I'm going to Umbridge now." said Harry, closing his book and gathering his belongings.

"What about your homework?" asked Cassie, looking up from her writing and moving her hair out of her face.

Harry scratched the back of his head. "Er- you'll help me later tonight? And tomorrow at breakfast?" he said with a sheepish smile.

"Yea yea, go off to detention. I'm off to the library then- coming Hermione?" asked Cassie.

"No thanks," said Hermione. "the dorm will be more quiet."

"Alright, goodnight everyone."

Cassie made her way out the Great Hall, and the second she turned the corner-

"Ouch!" squeaked a little voice.

"I'm so sorry- are you alright?" apologized  Cassie, steadying the girl. "Lucy Pevensie, is it?"

Lucy was a third year Hufflepuff and the youngest of the Pevensie siblings. She was much shorter than everyone else, however held her head high.

"Y-yes. You're Cassie- Gryffindor chaser. Peter says you're his biggest competition." Lucy then clapped a hand over her mouth. "Don't tell him I said that."

Cassie's smile increased and she gave a small laugh. "Don't worry, I can keep a secret."

"Good because I actually have a somewhat secret for you."

Cassie gave a skeptical looks. "Let's hear it."

Lucy looked around and quickly pulled Cassie close to whisper in her ear, "EP says astronomy tower, same time as last night."

Cassie pulled away and looked brightly at the girl. "Thank you, Lucy."