eleven- clipboards

Cassie was slowly reaching for the strawberries before she heard Hermione let out a loud gasp and flattened the newspaper for the group to look at.

MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM

DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED

FIRST EVER HIGH INQUISITOR

"High inquisitor?" asked Harry darkly. "What does that mean?"

Hermione cleared her throat before reading, "In a surprise move last night the Ministry of Magic passed a new legislation giving itself an unprecedented level of control at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"'The Minister has been growing uneasy about goings-on at Hogwarts for some time.' said Junior Assistant, Percy Weasley. 'He is now responding to concerns, voiced by anxious parents, who feel the school may be moving in a direction they do not approve of.'"

Hermione continued to read the wonders the article wrote about Umbridge, and stories about past teachers.

"I can't believe this. This is outrageous!" said Hermione, breathing fast and eyes bright.

Everyone was looking down, baffled by the news- everyone but a grinning Ron.

"Why are you smiling?" asked Cassie.

"Oh I can't wait to see McGonagall inspected. Umbridge won't know what hit her." said Ron happily.

"Well c'mon," said Hermione while jumping up. "we'd better get going- if she's inspecting Binns's class first we don't want to be late."

Umbridge hadn't shown up to Ministry of Magic, nor was she in Snape's dungeon for double potions.

"I have awarded you the grades you would have received if you presented this work in your OWL." said Snape coldly. Cassie smiled brightly at the O written on her paper.

"The general standard of this homework was abysmal. Most of you would have failed had this been your examination. I expect a great deal more effort for this week's essay on the various varieties of venom antidotes, or I shall have to start handing out detentions for those dunces who got a D."

Draco sniggered, "Some people got a D? Ha!"

Cassie noticed a quick movement sound of paper coming from Harry's desk and noticed Hermione eyeing him suspiciously. Cassie looked over to Edmund who had gotten an A and looked upset about it. Determined to prove she deserved an O, she followed the instructions of the new assignment on the board and managed to turn her potion a clear shade of turquoise like Hermione's.

"Well that wasn't as bad as last week, was it?" asked Hermione as they made their way to lunch. It was obvious Hermione was dying to know what the boys got on their essays. She seemed proud that she got an O, however Cassie knew the boys didn't do good and concealed her grade.

After lunch Harry and Ron went to Divination while Hermione and Cassie went to Arithmancy. While entering Defense Against the Dark Arts, the boys had been trying to inform the girls of their inspection until Umbridge began class. It seemed as though something must have gone wrong in Divination, for Umbridge yelled at Hermione for sharing her opinion and gave Harry another week's worth of detention- which earned such a loud yell from Peter that he got points taken from Gryffindor.

"She's taken points off Gryffindor because I'm having my hand sliced open every night! How is that hair, how?" asked Harry angrily.

"I know mate," said Ron sympathetically, "she's been out of order."

"I agree, she's awful." said Cassie.

They all turned to a quiet Hermione, who was merely rustling the pages of her Daily Prophet.