twenty three- jealous, cassie?

A/N: i'm a student and classes are resuming so updates may be shortened to once a day or one every other day, this also may mean longer chapters, however i'm unsure

love you all, happy readings

For the second night in a row, Edmund Pevensie was caught up in Cassie Scamander's thoughts as she tried to sleep. Since she kept going in and out of sleep throughout the night, when she woke up at 5 she decided to take her time getting ready. After showering, washing her face, and applying light makeup, Cassie made her way to breakfast earlier than usual.

The infirmary food consisted of crackers and water, so Cassie decided to bring Edmund some of his favorite breakfast treats- crepes and strawberries.

Slowly walking in at 7, Cassie immediately spotted the rich-brown haired boy laying asleep on the bed. Not wanting to wake him up, Cassie grabbed an empty card from the set at the front and began writing on it.

Crackers and water shouldn't be considered breakfast

Cass

Ps, come to Gryffindor table at dinner today, I want you to meet everyone properly

She set the card down next to the crepes and immediately felt weird.

"Cassie?"

Cassie turned around to see Lucy Pevensie with a smirk on her face at the doors of the infirmary.

"Oh, Lucy you scared me." said Cassie, holding a hand over her heart.

"Why?" Lucy asked, itching closer. "Are you doing something you're not supposed to be?"

Cassie looked at her for a moment, oh you're good. "Depends, does bringing him breakfast send off the wrong message?"

Lucy's smile increased, "What message do you want to send?"

"That crackers and water shouldn't be considered a breakfast." Cassie remarked smartly, earning a look from Lucy. "And, I dunno- feel better?"

"Nothing else?" asked Lucy.

"If you want to say something, you better spit it out now." said Cassie slowly, looking over at Edmund. His hair looks really good.

"I'm just saying," began Lucy, now sitting at the end of Edmund's bed, "if you want to tell him something certain, you may want to hurry up. I may have heard that sixth year Ravenclaws could be asking him about a certain day in February."

Cassie could have sworn she heard a scoff come from the bed, but she assumed it was Lucy being protective of her brother.

"Right, I'm not sure that's the best idea." said Cassie.

"You telling him something about your feelings or the Ravenclaws asking him to go out on Valentine's?" asked Lucy, quieting Cassie as she began to think.

"I told Hermione I'd meet her at breakfast, see you, Lucy." Cassie said as she waved and walked out the infirmary. When she was out of ear's reach, Edmund got up and hit his sister's arm.

"What is wrong with you?" he asked. "Are you trying to scare her away or something?"

"I just suggested she'd get a move on! Susan told you yesterday about those Ravenclaws, but she wasn't sure when they were going to ask. I know Cassie wants to ask you, I just thought she needed a little push." Lucy replied calmly, grabbing the strawberries and eating them on her own.

"But you made her feel rushed, and I don't want to pressure her into a relationship if she doesn't want one right now." argued Edmund, now grabbing the bowl of fruit and putting them on the other bedside desk.