19

N I N E T E E N

H a e s o o ' s

·

I left my friends in the cafeteria. I'm still trying my best to think of a solution—something happened yesterday. That unknown number... It's obviously one of Yeonjun's fangirls.

I don't think I should tell Yeonjun about it. Besides, I can deal with them myself. After all, I can claim that I'm dating him, right?

I sat on the bleachers quietly, with empty seats around. There are students playing the tennis by the field area, but I am in no mood to watch. As I tried thinking of ways to drive away the fangirls in case they come near, I saw Yeonjun's familiar face walking towards a water vendor. Wait, he's here?

He's probably in a physical fitness class at the moment. I don't care—I shouldn't bother him. "I should get out of here," I mused to myself.

However, a response to my words unexpectedly blocked my plan of walking away. "You can't get out of here," she said, "not until we're done with you."

I looked at the source of the annoying sound, and I was right with my initial guess. It's a group of three girls, looking at me like I've done them a crime. "Haesoo, right?"

I gulped with tense as I stood up. "Do we have a business with each other?"

"You should start avoiding him now. This is a warning."

"Why would I do that? He's my boyfriend," I replied quick and confident. I knew it. This is all about Yeonjun. How come he gained such supporters? Isn't this too cliche for a school heartthrob's story?

"You see, Haesoo? If that's right? Yeonjun has his own fanclub. We are a group of his supporters formed two years ago, and we extend our circles even outside of this school. Yeonjun and TXT are not just your random campus celebrities, Haesoo. I'm sure you understand that we don't tolerate such lies unless they are proven to us by TXT themselves. In your case, you sound like a total fraud with your claims of being his girlfriend."

The three of them bursted out their laughs. I sniggered at their words as I crossed my arms. To be frank, I am nervous. But I won't show it. My deal with Yeonjun would be far from its end contract—it's nowhere near half a month yet. How could I be shaken by these fangirls?

I stepped a little closer to the girl who spoke a speech. Slowly, I leaned closer to her side and whispered my claims to wash them away with my confidence. "Is that so? Then keep your eyes wide open, honey, hmm?"

I stood back from leaning to her, and viewed to where Yeonjun was. He's still there, drinking his water. He's bold enough to kiss me that day at the mall. I guess it's fair if I do us both a favor.

I walked to Yeonjun. My steps were getting stronger every second. My heart was beating so fast. When I took my final step to stand in front of him, he wasn't so surprised to see me. He was sweaty and all, but he did not seem so tired. I'm sure of it, he can handle this. He can, and he will. "Haesoo. You're here?" He smiled. "I thought–"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and raised my body with a tiptoe. I kept my eyes open as I pulled his face down to mine, leading both our lips to kiss.

He was surprised—and so am I. I moved my lips to kiss him even more, and I took a few glances to see the three girls looking at us with their jaws dropped.

Yeonjun did not hesitate to kiss me back; he placed his hand to my waist and he leaned his face down to give me comfort. He was riding on with my actions, and I could never begin complaining. By my slight glances, I saw the three girls walking away with surprise written on their expressions.

This is the second time I kissed someone. And it's him, Choi Yeonjun, all over again.